/ashtray/ general

whats up Veeky Forums

oldfag here checking in.

what is best aftermarket ashtray with nicest place to install hopefully for my 2000 mustang gt manual

Good luck with that shit.
I've got a '99 manual, and holy shit does the console design suck.
The back cupholder is even too close to the stick, so the cup will always get bumped by it. The front one is right on top of it, so the cup will literally get crushed when you shift.
Maybe you could put it where the back one is now, but then you'll have zero working cupholders.

it's 2017, what piece of shit still smokes real cigarettes and still smokes in their fucking car at that

fucking naaaaasty asssss, get the fuck out

My 02 mustang gt manual was just totalled. Fucking sucks man. I advise everyone who owns one do do as many launches and donuts while they can before some dumb fuck tries to kill you in it.

i saw that thread. believe me i beat the shit out of my engine every day and it absolutely never fails or breaks. the 4.6L is a masterpiece and ive owned a honda accord, rav4, civic and miata prior. all reliable cars except the miata.

It's so painful. And I know if I try to just get the same model It won't be as nice as mine was. The next model up cost around $10k, which for that money I could get something nicer. I just don't know what to do. I loved the fuck outta that mustang though. One day when I've got my own place I'll get myself a cobra.

I believe the jellybean SN-95s had an ashtray instead of cupholders. It should bolt right in.

>not just ashing out the window

i do and it gets all over my door and quarter panel by the window. fucks up my brand new paint job.

Fuck you if you do this, brush fires fucking suck and I don't want your deathsticks' ash burning my paint.

My old car was designed for taxi use and had like four goddamn ash trays and zero cupholders in it. The fuck am I supposed to do with that Japan?

The 4.6l 2v and 4v are immortal.

>implying cigarette ash is still burning when exposed to 60 mph winds

There are no 60 mph winds when you're at a stoplight.

>drill 1/2" hole in floor pan
>attach pipe with flap

>ash is still burning when exposed to 60 mph winds
>implying this won't happen when you lose your cherry

>The 4.6l 2v and 4v are immortal.

As long as you replace the timing chain tensioners and guides every 75K or so. I used to believe the "bulletproof modular" meme until I actually bought one, then you hang out on Ford forums and everyone's talking about timing chains.

Mine sounds like a tin can full of rocks. I have a full chain kit plus oil pump I'm putting in next week.

>general in subject when generals mean reccurring threads and this is just some dumbass asking stupid shit
>mentioning his car is manual even when it doesnt have anything to do with the actual question
This is the worst thread ever and you should fuck off and die

fuck off John Oliver

>when it doesnt have anything to do with the actual question
Read this post, dumbfuck.

look at where the shifter is relative to the cupholders. now think about how this relates to ashtray placement. ur retarded m8

I'm my experience it is bulletproof. My only issue with it was the plastic intake manifold. Once it gets old it will start leaking coolant into the spark plugs and short out the ignition could. Easy fix though.

Ignition coil*

Damn, Ive avoided so many accidents in mine that its unreal. Sucks man.

I agree, beat the hell outta your 4.6 cause its a lot more likely to get fucked up from an accident. These motors go forever.

Got a pi 2v with t45 nearing 200k. Only issue was the early intake manifold and a fuel pump. My 4v went 130k+ miles, most of them with 21 psi and an abusive driver. Its been bored over and has new forged pistons now. Still on stock heads, cams, rods, crank, trans, rear end, suspension. Only other thing it has really, is a spec clutch

Fucking 4340 manleys ftw. Still rocking em

Yea dude, any mod guy knows about the PLASTIC TENSIONER issue. The chains are strong. Good enough for mihovetzs 3000hp 4.6 turning 10 grand and 60 psi. 5.9@254.

But yea, do your oil pump for sure. Its making metal on metal noise cause ur tensioner broke, and it should be the oil pan. Be sure to get it out. Good luck, and sorry if someone sold it to ya like that

Before i get flamed, i meant ONE of your chain guides broke. Take your timing cover off and redo them all. Good time to get a new chain. And be careful with your timing, its easy to get things a tooth off