/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

DEV STREAM TODAY - NERFGAARD EDITION

>New open beta Cinematic Trailer (May 24)
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo

>Open Beta patch notes
reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6brhuq/open_beta_changes_stream_reveal_may_17/

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/
gwentlemen.com/
gwent-tracker.com/

>What Legendary card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Leaked Premiums & Campaign
streamable.com/album/nxzsn

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8
>Official Gameplay Trailer (May 24)
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo
>Official Faction Videos (May 24)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

Previous Thread:

TRISS A CUTE !
A CUTE !

fuck off back to your containment thread

pls no mr

Place your bets, which faction will be the top tier after the update?

Trissfu cards

If all they're doing to Nilf is removing the Novice's ability to target Emissaries then Nilf will still be the strongest. If they're doing further nerfs, we'll have to see.

what if priscilla boosted 1 ally by one and gave them one armor and after her songs Gwent back to your hand?

they're going to overbuff NR

Any card that can return to hand more then once per round is straight up op.

>responding

If it had an effect like Ocvist where it returns to hand but loses its ability it might be good.

Do you guys think they will buff Trissfu cards?
Both of them could be reworked desu

>vrihedd sapper

so what exactly does this do?

it just turns itself face up? is it only there to activate other shit?

>Deploy: weaken an ally unit by half of its power.
>promote it

I guess they want you to use it to bluff the other ambush cards, but since there are only 2 other ambush cards it's useless. It has a small synergy with elven merc too but that's also pretty shit.

>silver monster in first 4 cards
>shadow

thanks...

does it kill teh deathwish target or simply activate it?

like do you keep the harpy egg or does it just kill the egg and summon a harpy?

>people want Tibor nerfed
>when Rainfarn is better

fuckin' noobs I swear

it's a relic of a dark and terrible era of gwent

the "upside" is that he (couldn't) be fucked with while he's face down so if he was handbuffed and set face down just before the game ended there was no counterplay

People still want RNR and Drought nerfed even though they're not even any good.

> /gwt/ have 2 threads a day.
> /hsg/ thread is up for more than 48 hours and still at 400 posts.

How many of you dropped Ben Brode's ship too?

I still pay attention to the meta and watch videos but I haven't actually played the game since the wild/standard split. Trump is too comfy (and autistic) to not watch.

is this just pure laziness?

this is and otehr things are my big pet peeve with premium cards

let me draw silvers or golds

Whats wrong with it

it moves its head up, forward, and then back to its original position and the shadow on its head never changes

to think i almost didn't do my dailies. my first non-dupe legendary

pls gz

congrats on getting tibor 2.0

>Spell ST netdeck opponent in casual
>I'm playing deathwish monster deck
>Lose round 1, win rounds 2 and 3
>No GG from my opponent

>rank 1
>keep going against rank 10 people

why the fuck

around elves!
brace yourselves!

pretty brutal

>dol blatha protector

lmao bruh why deez cards allowed doe

How many ranks are there? How does this system work

The ladder is mmr based
When you hit certain thresholds your rank goes up. Even if you drop below that threshold, your rank can't go down (but your mmr can). mmr is displayed along side rank in game.

You get rewards for hitting ranks as soon as you hit them and again at the end of the season (2 months)

I'm so ready for Nilfgaard to get fucking stomped

Some people claim Reveal NG is underpowered and needs a buff.

tfw r3 kayranbombing

It is

i'd put a gold coin on consume monsters making a sneaky comeback

not NR, poor sobs

>yfw your ladder anxiety is flaring up again
And I'm not even on ladder yet. I'm just irrationally terrified that everyone switched their decks to gwentDB picks while I was asleep and my homebrew shit won't win anything.

Being a nut in third world shithole sucks.

Playing obvious netdecks is the best feeling
The worst shit is when you play around all the commonly ran cards and then the retard pulls out some objectively bad / high variance card and bodies you

Remember lads, report and hide every single waifushitter post without giving them any (you)'s

rank 6 atm, when do I start encountering top tier cancer netdecks

9 atm, only met Tibors and reavers, spelldecks are later i guess

Play casuals if you want them

Ha ha ha...
Ooooh, that was a good one...

Is not.
Of all the ''buffing'' archetypes (Mulligan, Discard, Reveal. Not counting spells) Reveal is the best one.
The foot soldiers are ridiculously powerful, letting you play cards and draw any kind of card, including golds.
The scorpions are a basic 9, but they have the ability to wound for 3 when revealed, making them a 9 at worst, a 12 most of the time.
Mulligan and discard are limited to your hand. In Reveal, you can reveal both your hand and your opponent's.

They are far from underpowered.

how was that website called where you can see decks made by good people ?

gwentdb but decks are behind by a couple days
just netdeck high rank streamers

gwentdb

most of the top tier decks are spell heavy control and barely any interaction, feels like the end of gwent t b h

hopefully they got something good cooking for the patch

>I unlock resilient unit
>its dies anyway
Nice fucken game u have here

How do I put the rank border around my avatar

What do you mean?

My opponent lock my resilient unit, I unlocked it.
Then my dworf lost his ability to stay on the board after end of the turn

Resilient is a one time buff places upon the unit when it's played (or given it by another card). It's not just a passive effect.

It's a bit unclear, but it has been like this since the earliest closed beta. They need to change the wording up a bit.

thanks
>decks are behind by a couple days

dont think it matters im at 1700 rank and ive been playing against the same 2-3 decks (monsters , nilfgaard and skellige) for 2 weeks now.
Im playing with my shitty NR deck since start, for 18 levels havent played other faction lol, time for some diversity

under trinkets

actually dont mind anything i said i just checked the top decks and i have 0 of the golds required lol xd guess ill need to throw some shekels in if i want to climb

They really need to add Deploy: gain Resilient.
So newfriends dont get confused all the time

>when your opponent is so far behind in r3 he forfeits before you can even play Tibor

>They need to change the wording up a bit.
God no. GOD NO. DON'T ENCOURAGE THEM

>Mahakam Defender: 5 power
>Deploy: Card played: Target: Self: Use: Single: Resilient

send help

>saskia
>dandelion
>coral

with patch probs soon wtf do i pick

Saskia's real purdy in squirrels. Dandelion is possibly the best NR legendary. Coral is maybe not the best Skellige legendary but close. Hard to go wrong with any of them user, probably go with whatever you play more or would like to play more.

Saskia and Coral are both good. Which faction do you play the most of?

i like spell st but hate st besides that and it could get hammered with patch, NR i like but if they buff shit to male it better all around will dande even need to be played?

reeeeee

How did you rank up that high? Just play a lot? I feel like I can't really rank without winning basically all the games.

Well you could conceivably run spell ST without Saskia if that's the only archetype of theirs you like. If they improve NR and don't touch Dandelion he'll still be good, 8 gold body and 9 points of buff spread to units in your deck which you can pull out with reaver scouts/Henselt/reinforcements/Roach/whatever will keep being good. And Coral's Coral and good in basically every Skellige deck.

So probably take Saskia off the table and think about the other two. If I was you I would consider Dandelion in the light of a grim future where NR didn't get buffed and is still shit and decide if you would want to keep playing him/them just in case.

i went with dande because i have hope for NR then i pulled a protector and earomancy....

get dandelion and play pic related

Is this a real thing? Played against it earlier but thought opponent was memeing bc of witchers

You the dude that was freaking about the lack of weather clear the other day? You liking the deck?

I was that dude and I can't play it atm, don't have dandelion, and still missing Vesemir

Once I get the cards I will try it out but add one clear

Isn't the 3 witchers a waste of silver cards ?

Place your bets

Even if they get no buffs today I will stay loyal to best faction

About as big of a waste as Crones are desu.

idk actually i had a pretty OP deck i guess which was mostly starter cards, won almost every game (i did play 90% of the time at night during weekend).

Then i opened like 30 kegs and modified the deck with new cards and its 50-50 win loss..

>wake up
>first game, spell ST
>second game, spellgard

alright.

tibor

ETA till the stream?

Ah.

Not really. You're playing Foltest so they go from 16 points to 19 points, and then you're running Dandelion and you almost exclusively end up Dandelioning two of them so they become 25 points (Since most often you Dandelion 2 witchers and then Roach, which then jumps into play after Dandelion). And the 3 witchers are 3 bodies which means +3 power for every siege support you have out before you play them.

Critique this shit

Rank 7 atm and I seem to be winning pretty gud. I feel like I could replace Jotunn with something maybe a horn but I do like having him around to eat

Visual approximation of anonymous after the card turned over.

I have a feeling this game is going to get nerfed by the reddit babbies with no foresight who call for an endless round of nerfs

>new 'meta' decks come out
>cry
>they get nerfed

>repeat this cycle until all decks feel extremely underwhelming and unfun to play

There are very few cards I feel are overpowered. I'd rather CDPR buff shit than nerf shit.

can i put a nenneke somewhere in there to get roach/dandy back in my deck?

help

pepe of course

giant toad

says the 5 digits ladder scrub

>Complains about weather

>1 clear skies in deck

>complains about tibor

>d bomb isn't even a thing, in people's decks anymore, but it should be.

Same shit happened in hearthstone. I was saying "start teching an eater of secrets in your decks" "oh, yeah sure let's put a dead card in our decks, in case we run into a lot of mages!"

>they ran into a lot of mages, teched it in, and the problem took care of itself.

It's whatever, though. Kayran isn't getting nerfed anytime soon, and it'll almost be a free round every time I play it, until d bomb re-enters the meta. I'm benefitting from their poor adaptive decisions, and I'm not even an NG player!:D

isn't sigrdrifa essential for skellige while pepe is ok for monsters?

The gwent players remind me of overwatch players, retarded. Always complaining about the next "OP" thing in an endless cycle of nerfs

I can't believe people actually think RNR is fucking overpowered when its so easily countered by shit like marching orders into a mage or just a clear skies or even rowstacking and a griffon

and not to mention tibor which like you said you just fucking play dbomb FUCK

is it just me or are the card draw cards a meme

>give your opponent 10 strength so you can draw another card

why tho. i can only see this being useful on round 2 if you've won round 1

best girl

as far as when to use it, round 1 is also okay if you're far behind. it's useful to draw another card when you're looking for your finisher like tibor or hjalmar or something.

Yes, or if you have 3 impera brigades out, Cantarella is only worth 4 strength for them. She is good during round 2, along with something like Ciri, but she can also be used round 1. I don't like her during round 3, she IS too big of a power swing for them when you both have very few cards left.