/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.

>Vita
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 26] New HENkaku release. henkaku.xyz/changes/
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-guide.b4k.co/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1
github.com/d0k3/SafeB9SInstaller/releases/tag/v0.0.7
github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases/tag/1.0
3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
github.com/Plailect/Guide/tree/646a4276e7b7f418187f3d4be4912dd48fd03f8e/_pages/en_US
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-convert-arm9loaderhax-payloads-to-firms.471144/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Luma is garbage.

What's with not putting the link to update b9s in the OP? It's required for Luma 8.

Oh, look, it's the autist who starts shitposting whenever he remembers Pokémon exists.

yeah i shitpost 100% of the time so your not wrong

>b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/

what is this guy on about now?

Not an argument.

It's not homebrew, for one.

homerew

You're derailing the thread way more than people talking about Pokémon or posting Pokémon pics (which, let me remind you, is actually on topic and not a topic banned from other boards) ever could.

Definitely not an argument.

Define an argument

We have lots of harmful non homebrew and non video game discussion and you complain about something that's actually on topic considering the board? Wow.

Go back to your safe space Aurora.

Add something to the news specifying that Luma 8 requires 1.2

Doesn't that cause problems if you don't install 1.0 first?

Define an.

you can go straight from nohax (or a9lh) to b9s 1.2 + Luma 8.0

you can't go from Luma 7.1 to Luma 8.0 without upgrading b9s 1.0/1.1 to b9s 1.2

I see, thank you.

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

To those who TTSUO people, as explained by dev
If your tinfoil is few layers too thick, then

we were TTSUO way before 8.0 gave any hint of innuendo supporting our accusations

stop reposting this shit without at least linking interstitial context to !t.3fxzeyWo posts

preferrably stop posting it at all, its like 3 threads old by now

also im trying to false flag
am i doing it right

Nobody unironically thinks TTSUO.

an1
[an, ən]
DETERMINER

the form of the indefinite article (see a) used before words beginning with a vowel sound.

/hbg/
You're replying to some retard who took it seriously.
Or aurora/her shills in disguise

>her

>You're replying to some retard who took it seriously.
>Or aurora/her shills in disguise
kek
I love this general

Argument.
That which thou lacks and I doth possess

Hey /hbg/, you guys are illegals/data mining slavs/BRs right? Can you tell me all the stuff you found for the upcoming direct / E3?

Thanks in advance,
Veeky Forums

It's garbage. Skip it and move on with your life.

no this is /devdrama/ you moron

OH FUCK, sorry. If the slavs/BRs come back can you drill them sexually for leaks?

Thanks,
Veeky Forums

No. They don't have feminine dicks that we like.

Can I use the latest safeb9sinstaller to downgrade to 1.0?

I'm tired of dealing with this tranny bullshit always breaking things and adding shit nobody asked for. I want my console to just werk and will never update again

OH FUCK, Sorry, we all assumed you were all gay.

Love,
Veeky Forums

>no matter how many times I run safehax after udsploit it fucking blackscreens, even with a cart in
fuck's sake

b9s has some "severe bugs" according to SciresM, so I want to echo your question except I want to go back to a9lh and Luma 7.0.5
Fuck

I don't care about "severe bugs" if they don't affecrt me
I didn't see any bugs when I used it and that's all I care about

Homosexuals post here too. You can tell by the trip.

Haha, I've been wondering what exactly it would take to perform an a9lh downgrade.

>tfw I lost my SD mini adapter

Does 3DSThem.es have an app yet that you can download theme and install them through it? I think they were working on something like that. May be wrong.

Scrotum and friends just really want you to use Luma and their new toy.
They're the type of kid who take you to their house but only let you use one thing, and then make a bunch of rules on how to use it.

Jesus christ, user, just use FBI to install a FTPD and use filezilla or whatever FTP client.

>not using ftp

Jesus you're dumb
There's no critical bugs you dumbass
That's just the trannies trying to scare you into updating so they have full control over what you use

THE TRANNY SOLD US OUT

Who else here hasn't upgraded to B9S out of sheer procrastination?

>tfw don't have to deal with buggy bullshit and on Luma 7.0.2

>Update to Luma 8.0
>Every out of region game crashes despite the option being enabled

How to downgrade to b9s 1.0 or better, to a9lh?

Halp.
I'm on A9LH and I'm trying in every possible written way to update to boot9strap with no luck.

At first I went with the "A9LH to B9S" guide but I boot holding start and nothing happens.

Now I'm trying the homebrew one but safehax just fails or black screen (assuming it froze).

But you know what, after reading a bit this thread I think I'm going to stay with A9LH.

b9s 1.0 had "critical bugs" related to payload loading only
b9s 1.1 had an inconvenient oversight in the keycombo for dumping bootroms

otherwise b9s is stable and 1.2 is golden

>using safehax while already on a9lh
kek

Yep I'm clueless and frankly uninterested in understanding how or why it work I just want to follow the guide and make it work.

>update to Luma 8.0
>all my out of region games run fine even with translation patches

downgrading to b9s 1.0

download these
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1
github.com/d0k3/SafeB9SInstaller/releases/tag/v0.0.7
github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases/tag/1.0

follow instructions from 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s (skip redownloading, obv)

Why would we downgrade?

to prepare for downgrading from b9s to a9lh

Latest b9s is buggy as shit. Ntr streaming doesn't even work.

Well Aurora, some people are tired of your updated bullshit.

Because luma 8.0 breaks way more shit than it fixes and the trannies are telling everyone who has concerns about this to fuck off

Not everyone wants people to tell them what shitty software they should use

>3DS CFW is now a clusterfuck of different versions of different things that must be updated independent of each other while having to all be synced for the system to even boot properly

Why the fuck? A9LH was simple, fresh, rustic, local. It worked fine, we had Luma Updater to keep things convenient, now I'm fucking taking out my backplate and SD card every day of the week for some bullshit I don't need just because devs tell me to.

read although i agree with your point

Blame the trannies and the redditors who can't stop choking on tranny dick
They keep releasing these updates that force everyone to update their entrypoints and are not backwards compatible because they want full control over what you use
You can't use other CFWs if they're not compatible with the method you used to hack your console, and that's what they want. Corbenik dev already gave up because of this, other CFWs will follow until there's nothing else.

B9S lets you do more

you could have just stayed on A9LH or B9S 1.0

Daily reminder that if you update to Luma 8.0, you are beta testing FOR FREE.
When sighax was first unveiled, it was known that all updates to it would involve flashing the NAND. That's the power of "true CFW". The reality is because the Luma devs no longer give a shit about endusers and are using them to test their dev shit.

Meanwhile AL9H just needs a new payload to update.

how hard could it be for someone with good knowledge of C to fork luma and improve it?

i kinda need a new programming project anyways desu

it's not like I'll brick or my games will disappear

it's just some bugs for being on bleeding edge

this is the last version of guide before b9s shit started getting added

github.com/Plailect/Guide/tree/646a4276e7b7f418187f3d4be4912dd48fd03f8e/_pages/en_US

pretty hard

you also need to know assembly and have intimate knowledge of 3ds internals

yeah man, i've actually been a part of this scene since rxtools first got sig patching. i'm the one who helped roxas implement it, actually

unless the code's just completely not understandable, i'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble to improve luma over some time.

>wanting newfags to setup a9lh and have a chance to brick downgrading to 2.1
>while B9S takes less time and is unbrickable

fuck off tranny

the fuck does TTSUO mean?

a9lh 7.0.5 master race

what about sighax+a9lh

make a9lh.firm and a9lh.firm.sha then trick SafeB9SInstaller to do the work for us

Jesus christ Fates' story is worse than I thought--and I've read all the countless bitching about it on /v/. Awakenings' is bland as fuck, but it's like a masterpiece compared to this shit.

i dunno?
just start browsing the source code then

yeah i'm thinking the same thing but it's not making sense given the context and everything

/feg/ is

the tranny sold us out

oh
i'm not sure what i expected from /hbg/ during shitposting times

Awakening had better waifus, too.

It means you're a dumb redditor newfag.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-convert-arm9loaderhax-payloads-to-firms.471144/

anyone wanna try making SafeA9LHInstaller.firm and running it as-is?

Reminder that ScrotuM was a tranny dicksucker all along and sold us out

this is a nice post
keep up the good work

>spend hours working on ntr
>quality looks like shit on my monitor
>very laggy when playing a game
>oot doesn't even work
idk Why I even bothered

A capture card will always be better if you sincerely care.

I'm probably just better off playing on the handheld

>Rosalina menu
cute!

Well for the record, a card can do lag free lossless quality that can be played on a nice panel.

Go away, supermariorick

So what's this about Trannies and b9s?