pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/If5U4G7WMDo?t=18m30s
twitter.com/SeaDragonnn/status/871353674718625793
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PlayBlue

Playdyke

playmono

ggs cheez, you're 2 good. would like to regularly play you if it's not too boring for you

Maybe if they put my GF Kajun in. I'm too poor to afford vidya right now. Really wanna play BB and Tekken though.

As there ever been a Street Fighter update that changed the gameplay so much it almost feels like another game?

Better explain what I mean by this. Going by, let's say, SFIV to SSFIV has definitely some changes in terms of mechanics and balance but at the end of the day it's still the same core game. What I mean is a new version of a Street Fighter game where its core gameplay got changed so drastically that it feels like a different game, even at its core.

what is this narrative you anonys are creating about Michael rossman?

What playan is she? She's scary!

GGs. You're not too bad. Just gotta learn your punishes and combos. Eliza's punishers are pretty damaging. Especially when she has meter. I mainly won off of waiting for you to whiff something or block and punish.

alpha series

animal ears

>King of Fighters XIII is 5 bucks
Should I?

nintendo's about to announce pokken 2 for the switch, who else is hyped

Yeah sure.

I mainly play Street Fighter 5 and Goober Gear. I hate Netherealm games because I hate the idea of memorizing random strings of buttons to form target combos together into combos. I feel like they sacrifice the game play in order to make the animations look cool. This seems to be exactly what Tekken does though. Am I wrong, or am I stupid for not liking this game mechanic?

In the games I mainly play you use moves to form combos. If you press Punch and then kick, it plays the same animations and does the same thing as pressing kick and then punch.

how similar is pokken's combat to tekken?

>every xrd player from xx and even ones who started in sign have been getting frustrated with the game because of this dogshit mechanic.

Who

Same question, but for 2002UM.

I haven't ever really played tekken before. I'm picking Paul and having fun doing nothing but other super new players with death punch and shoulder slam. How's it going fellows.

SFIII NG/2I to 3S.

See

As someone who plays all of those games you listed, I honestly find the link combos of SFV and it's previous games to be the most annoying. The dial-a-combo system is a bit restrictive, but they're easy to execute and memorize. The big thing in NRS games, and this will probably get me laughed at, is your footsies and mix up game.

Tekken combos are a bit foreign to me, but they're not identical to NRS combos in the slightest.

I just got guilty gear rev 2. I played MvC2 seriously and tried to do the same at mvc3. Sf2 and 4 were my other games.

How have I never seriously tried GG before? This game is fucking amazing. So many brilliant design choices. Everything about the game just seems well designed. Fuck this game is good.

I feel like my main is going to be Raven, i've been doing very well with him online. Though I just played this guy using whitefang and he would do this thing where he would just sit on me pummeling me with this seemingly unbreakable blockstring. I definitely want to look into that guy.

sorry i meant to say
>every xrd player i know

at best, the feeling is "i'll deal with it if it helps newer players".

Makes sense.

Him, and other people who don't actually play GG but dick ride it.

Play eliza.

>I feel like they sacrifice the game play in order to make the animations look cool
If they do they're not doing a very good job at that either.

toppest fighting dykes

Is she easy to learn for a SF player?

thats every non-jap

>the game also doesn't have retarded oki mixups and has a more tame neutral and offense where a lot of things are reactable anyway.
so you've never played UNIEL then

I would if she wasn't street shitter shoto garbage
She's top waifu though

Well, she plays kinda like a 2d character, but you won't really be using her like one against a good player. You can't really play a zoning game with her fireballs. And her jump is a little floaty and you have to hit her jump in attacks really deep to get any sort of damaging follow up. So you won't be using it much or you'll get jabbed out and comboed. Her dive kick is good though, but you gotta space it right. I'd say between akuma and eliza, akuma is the one probably more suited for an sf player.

Gotcha, is Eliza easy to pick up for a Tekken newbie though? Or should I stick to a character that will teach me the mechanics better?

Why can't rankedboars hold those Ls?

just because you let people run over you in uniel doesn't make his post not true

So machabo is switching to SF because of muh money. Do you expect him to do good? What do you think about the whole thing? I hope he fails hard. No wonder no one from Japanese GG scene talks to him on twitter, he probably has a giant ego.

>reee why are our top players leaving for games with actual competition

What's the rage quit policy in T7?

She is very punishable on a lot of things unless you know which movies to use. Her two main launchers (d/f 2, 3 and light dp) are both launch punishable. Although her b1, 2 is 14 frames and high crushes and is not launch punishable, it only combos on counter hit. Her only safe ex move is ex dive kick and I'm not sure if it's completely safe since it's really negative on block, but pushes really far away. To make up for that though she has amazing wall carry and punishes. She can be played fairly safe, but you will be limited in your moves. So I would say no. I think katarina is a better character for newbies.

>GG has no competition
LOL. Maybe in other countries than Japan.

why did they make ky's combos hard in rev 2?

Anyone wanna play something on Fightcade?

I'll see you in whatever you like.

If you rage quit or the game crashes, you lose a rank.

youtu.be/If5U4G7WMDo?t=18m30s

He's done well in SFIV, and apparently he also teaches people how to get better at fighting games.

>dead online
>biggest tourneys in japan get like 200 entrants
GG's scene is like a US smash local.

it has no competition, kiddo.

machaboo was already a godlike sf4 player. kys back to kappa

"I leave because i want a sponsor" (c) machabo.

I don't let people run over me, and even if I did it doesn't make his post true, not like you would know

>machaboo was already a godlike sf4 player
Citation needed.

>the hype on that cross up tatsu reset

dammy i miss this game

When is this game suppose to come out? It looks really fun.

>he doesn't know who machaboo is

feel free to do your own research 16er

twitter.com/SeaDragonnn/status/871353674718625793

I'm using this

Can you suggest me some good and entertaining Hwoarang players to look up?

Speedkicks

Does he stream?

>he pussied out
LMFAO.

You can FADC in Tekken?

yah with akumer

I haven't seen any of his streams, but yeah.

Stop copypasting shit from other sites.

they just started some sort of story mode, so who knows.
still not sure if its going to have voices in combat.

Thanks, I'll look him up.

paranoia much

I was going to say something about SFV's systems not being represented in the game, but hen I realised Tekken 7 is two years old and SFV didn't even exist at the time, much less had Akuma in it.

playing paul and I'm only using death fist and demoman

is there anything else I should be using?

is blue harder than GG? I have only 20 hours in GG so would it even matter to switch

street fighter has target combos you dummy

your brain, ha, jk

sure tekken has 100+ combos, but they aren't random

you can only use a handful of combos for your character if you like, no one is stopping you

It's difficult in a different way. At low-level play everyone kind of sucks so it's pretty easy there, and you can get by just by knowing some basic combos with your character and stuff. After that it gets harder exponentially since the game is very much matchup-based in terms of knowledge. Each character has something unique about them, which means you need to have matchup experience and knowledge to deal with them in a higher capacity than other fighting games. Still, it's a very satisfying game to get good at since it's easy to see when you're making progress.

Guys I'm worried, with how poorly SFV sold and well Tekken sold, are we about to see a shift in Fighting games? What does it mean?

Tekken always sells well though.

>GG players are around 400 on steam right now
people will come back after they're done with tekken, right?

It's easier but it's more trainingboaring like

Oh, so SFV bombing won't change anything?

I was worried Capcom might need to justify itself to shareholders etc about the game, but if Tekken just bodies SF regularly then I suppose it won't change much.

Tekken always sells more than street fighter

more 3d fighters hopefully. Even as some one who mainly plays oki based, it is refreshing to see how not-as-viable it is in 3D, or at least tekken. In shit fighter 5 you can literally get a knockdown and guess right for the entire rest of the round. Seems much harder in tekken with the safe get ups, the roll aways, the roll sideways, the spring ups etc

GG had 200 before rev2/tekken

Goobers, when will they ever learn

Well it's just that since Capcom isn't making a dozen 2D fighters this gen that it might need to make successes count and seeing how badly SFV did scared me, but if Tekken just is regularly more successful anyway I suppose Capcom won't consider it the 'death' of fighting games or something.

What games do you play and why are you not busy in these NEET hours?

How the fuck do you get in as Black Canary? It seems everyone's normals have better range than hers.

How will Tekken ever recover?

Well that's exciting. I really hope that it does well because it's always nice to see a doujin fighter being successful.

who
A) gives a fuck about single player in a fighting game
B)uses in game tutorials to learn the game

lol just full screen trait bro

or meterburn roll

casuals
aka
the majority of people who buy games

I don't know

meterburn roll is the most lopsided bullshit option when it comes to dealing with a zoner.

this
same reason why SFV didn't sell to them

>paid reviews

The Goober and NRS tutorials are super useful though. NRS even gives you all the frame data ingame. Who DOESN'T use those when they're available?

>IGN

>o-only the one I posted counts