Go to dealer to look at a "New" Car

>Go to dealer to look at a "New" Car
>Odometer doesn't read 0

>What are test drives

they have to roll on a trailer and to the lot too ya know..

>he doesnt want his engine broken in straight from the factory

>pull into dealer lot to turn around
>seven people wearing short sleeve button ups and ill-fitting ties run out of the main office

They should have a car of each model that's only there for test drives. why would anyone want to a buy a new car that's gone through 500 short trips with retards girding the gears

Dealer says its brand new.
>7000 miles

>new car with only 4 miles on it
>already covered in swirl marks

seriously what is up with this
it doesnt matter the miles every black car in a dealer lot is filled with it

Alternatively,

>pull into dealer lot to go to a nearby store
>7 Puerto Rican men in button-ups and dress pants sitting in an outdoor gazebo in front of the office barely even look in my direction.

they "wash" all the new cars when they come off the truck. Usually with a stiff scrub brush and making sure they forcibly scrub all the bugs off the front of the car.

That really grinds my gears

Also the factory usually does a lap of a test circuit, driving to the lot to get picked up by the truck, dropped off at the dealer, and around the lot for PDI and detailing.

They have to clean them regularly after rain, and they sure as shit don't take the time to properly clean them, using shitty towels and rubbing in circles.
It's only clear coat swirls though. If you care enough, detail it yourself or pay someone with a good reputation to. They're not hard to remove.

This. Went to a Hyundai dealer one time and walked into the main lobby. Nobody paid attention to me and my ex. Audibly said "hello. Can anyone help us?" no response. "okay we're leaving..." left and bought a jeep instead. No regerts.

You can just request that they sell you a car that has less than like 6 miles on it. But, there's no way you'll find one with less than like 3 miles on it just because of them loading and unloading it from the truck, driving it into the shop for pre-delivery inspection, and driving it to put gas in it.

What the fuck kind of trailer is 3 miles long?

>ignores everything but the trailer part

Autism

Did you not read the rest of my comment? They have to put gas in the vehicle, you know. That is usually a 1-2mile drive if not more. I suppose in a perfect world they could just have giant tankers to fill the vehicles up without moving them, but I'm sure dealers just see that as a waste of money.

at least you know the car fucking works

it'd better to know that it's less likely to be a lemon if it's got some miles put on it

Do you know that all the miles on the odometer before the car is handed to the customer got reset back to 0 since the car is in "dealership mode"?

Pic related was my car once it arrived at the dealership, the odometer reads 6,2 km, you also can see exposed fuses and a message state (TRA 12_7I/) which basically says the onboard computer is not finalized yet.

My car did more than 6,2 km before leaving the production plant, then they reset the odometer and it started counting since they moved the car on the truck, then on the parking lot, a truck again and at the dealership.

I read that at Lexus they test drive every single car for a fixed amount of km on their special test track to be sure everything is ok, from the engine to the suspension...If I remember correctly it was something like 20 km.

you're thinking of dominicans. lazy bastards do nothing but sit around and smoke hookah while drinking their shitty presidente beer

That might be the case in Europe, but I've never seen a car in the US be at 0 miles. I don't think that's legal here.

how is that legal? like wtf i know it a couple miles but thats not right

Dad bought a new car once that they drove 300km from another dealership to get the options he/we wanted

I probably explained myself badly.

This is what happens:

>the new car is at the end of the production line at the factory and everything has been mounted
>a technician drives the car on the production plant test track to ensure everything is ok
>all the miles driven up to this point (a very low amount like 5-10 km) gets reset to 0
>from now on the odometer will regularly work
>the car is now driven to the parking lot waiting for a truck to pick it up and ship it to the dealer
>the car is given to the customer displaying every single km it did since when it left the factory after the quality control test drive

My car in fact was given to me with 6,5 km since it moved inside the dealership building.

>Dominicans
>Puerto Ricans
theres a difference?

Mom bought new car with 500 miles on it.

>Tfw drive to the dealership at sunset to windowshop.

>Nobody there but another guy

>We both admire the new 2017 Tundra and chit chat.

>Tfw so theraputic and relaxing looking at a brand new, non rusted, absolutely clean Toyota truck frames.

kek

I work at a dealership and this is DEFINITELY not the case in the US. There is a such thing as "shipping mode" on new cars which disables almost all features but after deactivating that it doesn't reset the odometer.

>"ok so you want to test drive a car?"
>"sorry you cant test drive THIS car"
sounds sketch

How is this even legal?

If say you buy a tv/laptop/cellphone etc, ope the box and use it for 1 minute, then return it to the store, they legally have to sell them as used.

>tfw your fucking truck will run for 1,000,000km so who gives a flying fuck about an extra 100km

all these cucks losing their shit because their precious bitchmobiles won't last past 100,000km

Because the world doesn't revolve around your autism.

It's not sketchy if it's the same fucking car and you're buying new. Only difference would likely be the paint color.

I routinely buy laptops and cameras and smear my dick all over them and then return them.

Knowing that you'll be using a tainted dick-cam is my fetish.

And 1000 axle seals later...

>currently running a 2008 FJ with 310,000km
>zero issues with axles

keep memeing faggot

>you will never get to go to a car factory and drive your car off the production line
>you will never be the literal first person to ever sit in and drive your car
>you will never drive your car around it's country of manufacture for a little bit before returning it to the dealership to be shipped to your country
>you will never be the first person to fart in the drivers seat
>you will never own and maintain this car for years and pass it onto your son, who will continue to maintain and drive it for years before passing it onto his son, etc

>Be American
>Go to test drive new car
>Open door
>Greeted by giant shitstain on front seat.

We call them "African Americans" now, Grandpa