What is this point of volvo, Veeky Forums

what is this point of volvo, Veeky Forums

almost every other manufacturer in their price range is superior in performance and features, they really aren't that reliable and parts are expensive as fuck. even the polestar is not worth $35k more than an STI

what gives?

Truckers and other work vehicles keep them alive

To be THE reliable European brand

if a volvo could ever get the speed to hit a brick wall, it would go through the wall

At the end of the day crumple zones are a meme and being the heaviest brick on the road means being safest

but they aren't, almost the day they go out of warranty shit starts falling apart, and they are 20th in owner satisifaction according to consumer reports

>consumer reports
C'mon now son

If you used one daily you would feel the difference. it's night and day compared to the shitty impreza. They're much better engineered and fewer corners are cut. I love the solid bank vault feel of my s80.

thats because ferd i wish mercedes wouod buy em from geely

To be an example of what happens when you let chinks steer the ship.

The old ones were great, and they've survived on that meme
Friend has owned a bunch of volvos, and I've driven them, they're pretty good overall, but not for the money you pay

Pretty much this. Volvo, pre-Ford owning them, was great and they still haven't quite recovered from that era.

They're for Doctors who think they're too good to buy German.

Whenever I see a broken down semi by the side of the road it's a Volvo 7/10 times. So I don't know how that division survives.

>they really aren't that reliable
I can see the merits of your other points, but not this one. Volvo is one of the most reliable manufacturers around. Their vehicles are very well built.

As for your other points, Volvo isn't really a performance brand it's a luxury brand. It's meant for comfort. You really can't have both high performance and luxury comfort done well. As for features, Volvo is just as full of features as any Audi or BMW to which it is similarly priced. Polestar is basically Volvo with performance upgrades, and you and I both know that no Subaru STI can even touch a Volvo in terms of luxury, comfort, or interior quality. Polestar now is actually going to be an an all-electric brand, which will be interesting.

>consumer reports
Most consumers would be more worried about their Apple ButtPlay not working perfectly and quickly than anything about the car itself.

Doctors ONLY buy Mercedes. They have to buy one in order to get their license.

That's only because Volvo semis last long enough to break down lol

the point of volvo is everything built before 1995

Volvo trucks is a different company than Volvo cars

I have a Ford-era Volvo and it's a massive piece of shit. Can't wait to sell it. Whenever I see someone else on the road with a Ford-era meme I feel bad for them. I feel bad for them because they don't know that their transmission is going to grenade soon or that their electronic throttle body will make the car stall in traffic having them lose steering and brakes.

Because Mercedes did amazing things for Chrysler group reliability...

This.

Lol

I guess if is even a little true then it doesn't matter too much

Everyone should drive a 1 ton truck by that logic.

safety

They're not reliably though, and they're not that luxurious. They're also ugly. It's a miracle they're still around.

>1 ton
>a lot

wut

You'd probably be confused if I told you the F150 is a half ton.