[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

I want to know what's written in that top case edition.

>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=16eGwH_8e4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for the R3 a best

Second for Honda the actual best

Just keep up with your oil changes and you should be fine.

I want to know how she got that boo-boo on her knee

dragging knee duh

Dude on local classifieds wants $600 for a 1980 kz1000-st with dirty carbs and an oil leak. What is Veeky Forums's opinion on kz1000s and vintage map superbikes in general?

I'm posting my klr650 again and you can't stop me :))))

Someone tell me how I can avoid getting rusted bolts and pipes if I'm storing it outside under a tarp PLEASE

Pic related is bike in question

Not sure but I think she needs it kissed better :)

>Someone tell me how I can avoid getting rusted bolts and pipes if I'm storing it outside under a tarp PLEASE
Don't get a cheap jap bike, that's just one of the staples

you make room inside

I own a number of them. One even runs.

I just want the warm and loving embrace of the sun not to leave me and my state. Why do snow and salt have to come and ruin everything?

Ahhh, the police special. One of those is listed as well but they want $1500 for it. This bike looks like it just needs the carbs cleaned and a gasket replaced. Both of which I can do myself.

>Honda CBF 125
>2009
>9,500 miles
>MOT valid for another year

>buyer wants £950 but I plan on haggling

Worth it?

Pic isn't it, but it looks identical in condition.

How is the handling on your kz1000 btw? Lots of people on the internet claim they get speed wobbles at 60mph and trying to take a corner over 45 the bike starts flopping around like a fish out of water.

Who else here commutes on their liter superbike?

I'm gonna find a spot indoors for the winter but just for normal wet weather there isn't some shit i can buy to just spray on it to keep it clean?

>Honda CBF 125
This is daily bike thread, not daily scooter thread

why do they give such a small bike such aggressive styling
it's like putting a spike collar on a chihuahua

First bike, let me LARP with you guys come on

Vintage bikes are great when they're not your only bike.

KZ1000's, in particular, are heavy and underpowered by modern standards. But they are awesomely cool, and fun to work on.

If stock, that bike puts about 60HP to the rear wheel, and weights close to 600lbs.

Don't get a 125 unless required by law.

And get an rs125 if so

not trying to shit on ya bud, I can't help with prices since I don't know what the average going price is for bikes in your area

I'd say haggle for it, the worst he can say is no

The internet claims 606lbs and 90 hp.

ayy lmao

Probably 90 bhp not whp

10 k is baby steps for that engine. Ride the wheels off until you get your big boy plates.
Then keep riding it in rain/dirt, because it's literally designed for abuse.

Yeah its lawfully required
Rs125 looks nice, just about 3x over my budget lol

Sure, is it worth getting as a first bike though?
Thanks tho

Thanks, you've helped make me more confident in this purchase.

So what does that translate to in 1/4 times? 11's?

The Po Po bike will have 60k+ miles on it. Ugly as is, the ST will be better just because lower miles.

Handling wise, the 1982 "J" bike had a vastly improved frame, much stiffer. Basically, Kawasaki added all the braces that racers had been welding in themselves. The Police model got the new frame and engine in 83.

In 1983, I took my '74 z1B to 160 regularly. Bike was stable, but I had braced the frame. My old kz550, on the other hand, would weave at any speed above 85.

All those air cooled 125s are the same, bulletproof engines but a bit boring, it doesn't matter which one you get

quads lol

Wew lad

Dank

F

The one I'm looking at is that blue 1980 a few posts up, no frame gussets. I can always weld some in myself, but how do you think it would do without them? I heard modern rear chicks and re built front forks with progressive springs, new valves, and 15w oil can work wonders.

Is that so?

I was having a hard time deciding between the Honda CBF and Yamaha's YBR

Guess I should just go with the closer one?

Took my fucking Harley for a rip today

Lol no
Maybe high 12s
Maybe

its time for another episode of how many of these are super preventable as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=16eGwH_8e4E

Or whichever you like the look of more

> 90hp
Remember, it's a two-valve engine.
Kawasaki produced these engines in two flavors, a cruiser model (ltd, csr, st) and the standard. The only difference between the two are the cams and carb jets. Dispite the claims, on the dyno stock bikes put down around 60 for the milder LTD engine, and 70-ish for the standard. The second gen "J" engines pushed that up a bit, the later GPZ and Police engines had larger valves, which helped. The most powerful stock kz1000 family bike built (beside the turbo) was the Gpz1100 Fuel injected model. That bike put out, as I recall, 87HP at the rear wheel.

That being said, these bikes were mildly tuned to say the least. 8.5 to 1 compression. Very restrictive pipes, and mild cams. It doesn't take much to get a 30% jump in power.

Hardley Drivenson
par for the course

why do all the women act so weak and feeble after a crash
most of the dudes seem really fucking out of it but they don't whine for the most part

That's a sexi g8, pal

#1 and #2 are literally lmaocantlean

3:31 is why I will never go intermediate or advanced group at the track I'm not losing my bike to some fucktard who wants to pass in corners and dumps it

How many of you have died from crashing your bike here

bout 3.5 times for me

sorry I'm lagging behind your questions....

Don't try to fix a problem you don't know you have yet! The cops had no problem winding these things out back in the day...

Ebay some stock sportster shocks for cheap. You will have to use the rubber grommet and sleeve from the old shock, but it will work great. Race Tech emulators is the only thing worth doing to the front, but do the sportster shocks first. MODERN TIRES!!!1! Conti "Classic Attack" are radials that will fit the narrow rims.

I have sportster shocks on my KZ1000J, they work better than the Progressive Suspension shock the PO put on.

does anyone know of a speedometer that hooks up to a tach signal and then you enter gear ratios so it will calculate the speed based on the engine speed and current gear so you dont have to install any sensors or anything on your wheels?

>why do all the women act so weak and feeble after a crash
because women are weak and feeble

I actually crashed yesterday morning (hit some badly placed surprised gravel on some backroad and jacked up my right side fairing a little). I picked up my bike and kept going in about 15 seconds, I didn't really think about even checking for injuries until like 3 minutes down the road. Some foot bruises and a finger bleeding, aka nothing

> I picked up my bike and kept going in about 15 seconds
>didn't really think about even checking for injuries until like 3 minutes down the road.
>Some foot bruises and a finger bleeding, aka nothing

that doesn't sound like nothing, that sounds like shock

Bikers are the mice of the road. Fucking pests. I hope you hit a gravel patch & die.
CC:

Also, where is it leaking from? Valve cover?

tell me how you really feel

I feel like intentionally changing lanes into a biker

>not riding a bike with a bigger engine than some cars

man could you guys imagine having a penis this small

>implying I'm a biker
lmao I'm just here exchanging bantz

I have a death machine all the same tho

>I got cucked by some nerd on a 250: the post

Do it
I could use the insurance payout, and the money from civil court when I sue you for doing it intentionally

hooned at the mall the other day guys

if youre checking your mirrors religiously youve got about .1s between when you see my headlight to when you'll never be in front of me again friend :^)

Good stuff to keep in mind if I go this route. Thanks

Dbt is the best thx bro.

Not sure, should probably ask that. But I've rebuilt a 302 and done some other work on American v8s, so I'm not really intimidated by engine work.

>guy wants to buy my bike
>doesn't want to came all the way to me
>agree to meet him about in the middle
>it's almost time for him to arrive, he sends me a message that he's there in 5 mins
>get on my bike and ride it around for the last time
>lose track of time in the moment
>he keeps sending me messages and calling me
>pull over
>he says he's been waiting for half an hour
>tell him that im just riding around, and he needs to come to my house to see the bike
>it's fucking sunday i'm not riding into the city, that's really inconvienient
>he's already half way to me, he might as well finish the trip himself
>tells me he already took the train in full gear for an hour and has the money in cash in his pocket
>tell him i never agreed to met him there, that i could deliver it there next week if he buys it
>i'm not going to ride it there in case he doesn't buy it and he wastes my time i could spend riding for fun instead
>he tells me he's going home

fucking asshole, i've been trying to sell this bike for 6 months, I've been riding it every day unregistered to keep it in good condition.

It gives people the delusion that they're not riding a scooter and that in itself gets sales.

people who daily a bike...how do you deal with rain/snow/adverse conditions?

ride through it

:(

Lookin good bro

That's cool bud. 98% of the time I'll just slap ur dum ass into a ditch with my 53 ft trailer doin 95mph.

I live in Arizona.

And with rain, just ride. Usually wait a little bit for the oil and shit to soak out of the road. Avoid riding on the road paint. Watch out for shitty drivers, etc.

"chicks dig scars, glory is forever"

most have a car they use for just that purpose

thanks, bike is fucked unfortunately

You could have just posted "I'm a dickhead" and saved us all a bunch of reading.

Rain is easy to deal with but I won't ride in snow and ice.

What bike?

96 bandito 600

What bike? Total loss?
You sound like an idiot

Its better off dead

This story has no continuity. You were waiting halfway, then all of a sudden you are home, now you say you're not going all the way into the city. Wtf this story is mind bogglingly stupid

>a hond
Better dead than red

I live in tennesee.we get SOME torrential rain and intermittent fluries.
a few other things im concerned about are

a.cagefags
b.super heavy rain and getting caught up somewhere
c.visibility at night.
d.noise...or more so ear damage

what do you do about these thinga

nah it can be fixed if i feel like it...forks are blown to shit and the left side of the engine cracked open along with the oil pan. little shit is trashed as well levers/mirrors/headlight...ive got an 03 parts bike in my garage i was using for spare parts

>cagefags
Be vigilant, cars have 'body language' and you can tell if it looks like they might pull out or merge into you
>rain
Just go slow, bikes are harder to hydroplane handle cars.
>visibility
Get a bike with good lights and put some reflective wheel strips on it. Get high vis gear if you want to look like a dildo but be safe
>noise
Keep the stock exhaust and wear earplugs

>a.cagefags
Keep distance, always expect to be hit, always have an exit strategy
>b.super heavy rain and getting caught up somewhere
Not a super big deal. Stop and wait it out or power through
>c.visibility at night.
Same as A
>d.noise...or more so ear damage
Earplugs or good helmet. Or better muffler

idk about "clean" but acf 50 works fairly well for me in terms of keeping rust off. it is used to keep rust off helicopters and planes so it's good enough for our dual sports tbbqh. also pulling the tarp off and letting it breathe every couple days helps.

i store my bike outside under a cover so we probably in the same boat

oh and that's a good cat :)

Jesus the woman screaming bloody murder is really hamming it up isn't she? That's what happens when you carelessly run out into traffic you bitch.

one user died like 3 times while in a coma.

>tfw thinking about all the guys currently at home cuddling their gf
>tfw thinking about being completely isolated and alone for 2 years
>tfw my crazy reckless shit hasn't killed me yet

>tfw your bike has treated you better than any grill

I went and saw IT with this qt on Friday. Might be promising.

I hope you find someone, user.

>tfw cuddled with wifey watching ash vs evil dead
>bikes are just feet away in the garage
Good stuff mang. You'll get there