Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

Dank Hat Edition

Previous thread: → → This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Official Steam Group Edition VVVVVV
steamcommunity.com/groups/rs2gsquadup

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0uMWbZj-gWg
youtu.be/nc_LIR5ExIU
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for GO HOME GI

YOUR COUNTRYMEN HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT YU GI

SCREW YOU GI
I KILL YOU GI

>5 (five) (V) maps

thx

What kinda music do you listen to while shooting GI, bros?

>5 (give) dead GI after firing point blank 2 buckshots from sawed off
I got so fucking hard

>8 hours
>tfw I managed to finish it in one sitting

Reminder that Ho Chi Minh actually liked the US and wanted their help for independence

Reminder hue city is the pinnacle of map design and only edgy faggots hate it.

Can someone explain this?

does it count people in queue?

Queue?

Wait if I only wear pants I will get more easily noticed by the enemy right?

What's this I'm reading about leveling scripts. There's max level people already. Any one got any info?

Yep pasty white skin stands out

Please share good servers. I'm fucking tired of being the only faggot with a mic

Roast me /rs2g/

Your skin wouldn't be pasty white for too long in Vietnam, though

>xxxDaRk_sNiPeRxxx

so you like to play an lao with a sniper and basecamp gooks. really nothing to see here.
your stats and score do not reflect how impactful your game or the things you do on a server is.

I can win a game with 80 kills as a grunt or 20 as a squadleader. Big fucking deal.

dude its le ironic

Who else here dedicates their time on Hue to constantly hunting down the faggots who promoted it in chat?

Still better than Song Be

>Download SDK to dabble in making maps
>Can't find most of the meshes
>Everything is overwhelming
>Took me 45 minutes to put down a few trees, a crashed helicopter and some hills
>Looks GookGazebo tier
This is going to be a painful experience

How is it possible to be this wrong?

SDK needs to be patched too, as Lightmass (if enabled when building light) crashes the editor. Without it, the lighting in maps look absolute trash tier.

>627 points per match
>2.56 K/D
You look like a shitter concerned more about his K/D more than playing the game.

You're too stupid leave it to the smart ones

Are territoryfags just battlefield rush babbies playing a grownup game?

I'd like that if I could find meshes like huts and rocks. All I can find are trees
I have a BS and I've always been good with hardware but I guess I'm illiterate on software

>investing time into anything other than unity/unreal 4 sdk
let devs handle this garbage

bad company 2 rush mode is best thing happened to battlefield series

youtube.com/watch?v=0uMWbZj-gWg
>when your commander calls down the napalm just right

>when your commander won't stop talking and demands orders the entire match
youtu.be/nc_LIR5ExIU

As commander I only talk when I'm calling something in. The only thing I ask for is arty marks.

Camping objectives you've taken from the enemy is the entire game. I often get 2 or 3 kills per life on average by pushing an objective then camping an ideal spot to defend it.

H O T

I wish there werse some american soldiers with southern accent

>When the commander calls down arty on your team again
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Switch to a black guy :^)

Which is perfectly fine. My complaint is those commander role playing autists who call out every tunnel/blip on the map.
>GUYS WE NEED MORE SQUADS ON D
>THERE'S TWO ENEMIES NORTH OF A
>I NEED MY RPGS TO DO THEIR JOBS

You have the black soldier

>playing GI squad lead
>inna forest deep behind enemy lines, Songbe
>in squad chat say "hey guys, try not cluster around me, I'm your spawn point."
>my hiding spot turns into a GI orgy and I get mowed down with the rest of the mongoloids

Sometimes people need a kick in the arse though if the match is going badly.

There was one guy at the start was like on an lao

>GUYS GET OUT OF C GET OUT OF C BROKEN ARROW BROKEN ARROW I REPEAT BROKEN ARROW GET OUT GET OUT

15 teamkills.

Spectators. In RO2 it was super secret way to join full server. I remember one time there were like 90 people or so. Couldn't even pick rifleman slot.

>55 k/d as US commander
Burning slant eyes fills my heart with joy. Am Asian myself.

HOW DO i GET GOOD

ARVNs killing commie riceniggers with Thompsons and Garands when?

My experience in the last few games still rings true in this, your average rifleman is a massive coward that won't advance unless he's seen half the team go that way already.

>t. Disgruntled SL

>TFW bugged war crime prevention mechanics

>capturing point
>"guys get off the point I'm calling in arty"
>does this six times during the match
>"wow fine, don't forgive the tks. I'll just wait two minutes to respawn."

Abandon your humanity and become one with the jungle.

The worst are those mil LARP faggots.
>Squad Leaders, come in. Please mark your targets behind Charlie, I repeat, Charlie. Over.
Fucking spergs

>"guys get off the point I'm calling in arty"

Sounds like this kind of commander

Camp
Like most people in this game

Play more, you'll pick it up as you go along.
Hold choke points, get behind some good cover and wait for people to flood towards you

If K/D is important to you pick commander role more

Always flank, never be in the open or leave a silhouette. Hide in soft cover like bushes or in the deep corner of a building to obscure yourself and shoot shitters suicide charging. Once the casuals start leaving then the game will become more of a hide and seek sharpshooting game which requires patience.

Hide behind cover
Wait for somebody to run past you
Shoot him in the back

holy shit this

as an opposite to trench hugger grunt, who's the most courageous bastard in rs2 vietnam?

>friendly gooks

Pls no, it's already hard to not TK 24/7 in this game.

Pointmen.

Scouts and pointmen

When I play pointman in conjunction with a good SL, we can walk onto any point.

>gook guns are better simply because devs are too lazy to make IRL ironsights
really makes you think

That one shirtless guy with the flamethrower is usually the most aggressive player.

Playing Pointman as a SL is the sign of a true patrician.

Fuck yeah, I was running after a negro pointman on Hue, he runs into C, lobs an underhand WP nade through the window where the LMG is, burns three dudes and then kills another two with his pumpgun before getting killed. What a hero

>shirtless riot shotty guy who screams something over the mic all the time, never ducks and never dies
lead us to victory, glorious retard

It's always the guy who looks like president Lyndon as well.

Eh, I usually do but having the pointman IN the squad allows him to spawn, toss smokes, kill people, die, and repeat. All the while providing more smoke cover to the rest of the team.

>Camping point with flamethrower
>VC keep rushing
>Poof
>Poof
>Poof poof
>Holding D
>Friendly comes up
>Turn around
>After a few seconds he shoots me in the face despite a few other team members having clustered around me

>enemy shows up
>hold RMB
>nothing happens
>die

>another enemy shows up
>hold RMB
>character begins raising his gun, only to lower it again a tenth of a second later
>die

Hey Charlie, you can call me John Wayne!

you should probably shoot at the guy

Post quality memes

>hold

Fuck yeah, the old USMC guy is the best

The game has... issues.

you first

/rs2g/ Skirmish Only server is up lads.
IP:(open console then type) open 144.76.56.206:58016
PW: tendorrah

I stopped using the old guy face model after finding out it was one of the head Tripwire honchos who wanted to put his face in the game.

YAAAAAAAAAAAH

I'm with you, fellow Southron. I hate playing an entitled yankee prick.

>not having both hold and toggle bound to separate mouse buttons

Are claymores good for anything on territory?

Having the ugly mug of some dev on your character makes it even better.

The face still works and fits grizzled old man, at least it's not Dante tier of self insertion.

Australians troops armed with SLRs when?

youtube.com/watch?v=Urtiyp-G6jY

I'm actually from Europe but southern accent is funny

Aussie troops, always outnumbered never outgunned.

>who wanted to put his face in the game.
Actually he was fan favourite from original Killing Floor. People asked for original voices in KF2, so they modeled face of both actors (on of them being Tripwire boss, the other is British policeman).

I play grunts almost exclusively, and I happily charge into fire to GET ON THE FUCKING CAP ZONE YOU USELESS FUCKERS..yeah. Sorry about the caps, I need to vent about the useless fuckers who think they can win by camping around the objectives.

Would you guys recommend this game? Loved the shit out of bad company vietnam

Why would there be a grizzled old man fighting among young draftees in the first place?

There's the commander who's genuinely concerned for his team and actually helps win the game and then there's the armchair general who barks orders through voip and nobody gives a shit about him. Commanders ought to help coordinate SLs and STAY AT THE FUCKING RADIO HOLY SHIT. It's one thing if they got a radio bitch in tow and aren't acting like fools but I've seen so many fuckin commanders running around acting like grunts it ought to be illegal. I start votekicks against these luddites on the spot.

>that grunt who looks at you waiting for some command or a tip or something and two seconds later drops dead
I feel like grunt players exist only to serve as interactive decoration and die in most horrific ways possible