/scg/edg/ Star Elite: Citizen Dangerous General #167

Free Decal Edition

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>newFAQs
pastebin.com/nz0HX5pV
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old /scg/edg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/356107-Beta-2-3-10-Live-Now-for-all-players-(including-exclusive-decal-reward
youtube.com/watch?v=1juFf-TpPiM
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6fjrgb/no_bamboozles_guide_to_star_citizen_schedules/
strawpoll.me/13130455
youtube.com/watch?v=DQZBulQxUHA
discord.gg/ZkcvpD
youtube.com/watch?v=8ueQQ6z8uzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for

d e d
e
d

Elite 2.3.10 beta is F R E E if you own Horizons. Mostly bug fixing and stability fixes.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/356107-Beta-2-3-10-Live-Now-for-all-players-(including-exclusive-decal-reward

Be sure to report any bugs you encounter in the FD forums for Frontier to not fix them by the full release. Free decal is also included.

>he paid for the lifetime pass

What is there to post about?

What do you mean? Frontier is making excellent progress in delivering a great experience for us. Why don't you try the beta and report back how it is?

Really makes you think.

Did you mean shitposting?

At least if /edg/ dies, we made our mark.
o7 CMDRs o7 +rep o7 o7

>ships and modules are still full price with rank requirements when in previous betas they were 10% of the cost so you could buy and outfit a Federal Cofveve for 18 million

Even when Frontier does something good, they still manage to fuck it all up completely.

We made it, now back to the tombs

>frontier in charge of interior design

like a high res mod of something you'd build in Space Engineers.

Skintight lewd female armor wehn? Then and only then will SC truely be able to replace WoW for me.

Is the new Cutlass done yet?

almost.

Subscriber Town Hall is live

youtube.com/watch?v=1juFf-TpPiM

I don't like linking leddit but this is a very good post on software schedules, dates, and how you should think about them.

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6fjrgb/no_bamboozles_guide_to_star_citizen_schedules/

How do you know when new threads start and it's time to make this post again?

I never leave

Proper gunship when? I like my polaris but I want DAKKA dammit.

You should replace the cracked door around his head with a garage or maybe the doors on a plane hangar.

Also, only 6 days until Evocado gets to try out the supposedly 3.0.

How do you do, fellow gamers?

Mark my words, when SC is released and ED is fun, this general will be as fast as /owg/, /wowg/ etc or even more.

At the moment, SC is 15% of a game but fun, whereas ED is 85% of a game and not fun.

>1st time in the system.
>"Welcome Back, Comander.

Also, got the Sirius permit out of nowhere, after launching the 2.3.10

>terra
>it isn't earth

I have a feeling I'll die before playing SQ42 :(

I backed this game because of that...

posting best rocketpods.

Lol umm sweetie, why are they using ROUND holes for the rockets when squares would be more efficient????

This is like Voldemort all over again.

Been out of ED for a good half year because my old stick blew up Get fucked Saitek I should've listened to the reviews and just gone for the full monty to begin with so what's this about fixed weapons getting buffed? I was always a gimbal babby but now am thinking it might just be to the point where there's no point not just going fixed.

Terra is just a powercrept Earth.

Hi

Space legs?

>SQ42
What is in this that everyone cares so much about? Actors aren't shit with bad directors and bad scripts. Why does anyone think suddenly CR has figured out how to not make cheesy cringe, implying he would if he could?

Buffs for fixed projectile weapons in particular. They all got larger mags, faster reload and higher capacity.

Reminder to get out while you can.
Remember to write down what you expect from each patch before it comes out, and what you would find unacceptable. This way helps you get around your own revisionism.

Found out you can open and close the Heralds listening ports on the outside.

Press this button in the back.

That's actually kinda neat. How fucked would you be trying to run from an org that had a few of those working together?

Herald isn't a scout ship its an ELINT and secure Data storage ship. If you want to track things you want a Terrapin or F7C-R, the Herald is for intercepting transmissions more than actual tracking.

strawpoll.me/13130455

As someone who doesn't play Elite, what's the point in owning one system when the game spawns millions.

Currently none, but I'm assuming if systems could be claimed, there would be a reward for owning one.

Though given how Sandro is somehow even more retarded than CCP Fozzie, maybe it's not a good idea to assume that.

Will blockades be a thing? Will we be able to shut down a shipping lane completely and cut a planet off?

When is this game going to be out?

it's already out

You're better off forgetting about it, to rediscover it later and be glad seeing new content.

I saw this earlier. How did these guys make this? Is it with the director camera tool?

youtube.com/watch?v=DQZBulQxUHA

Also Where are they in game I can't tell.

I'm pretty sure that's just Cryengine with assets from CIG. It's not the game.

I guess that makes sense but I have never seen most of that stuff in game.

they just "borrowed" some assets to make SC themed content. idr the name of the longer thing they made.

CR didnt write the script, and his directing has been goid in the past. I like Haddock's work as well.

I did this 2 years ago. Im checking in.

As someone who hasn't played E:D in about a year and a half, what have I missed? Is it worth coming back to try new stuff out?

No.

LIVE

DIE

Look at those retweets He's starting to become relevant again. We're all dead anons.

>Living Rent-Free
Does he post on /asp/?

Ded thread Ded game Ded hopes and dreams
e
d

How can a game be dead if it has yet to live?
Oh you're taking about ED.

>ED on ps4
So, do you people think it`s a good game and that the port would be stable?

stop giving that retard attention.

>every ship is designed around Rule of Cool
>except for Herald

The dadism should grow exponentially now. The barrier to entry is a $250 PS4 instead of a competent gaming rig. The number of dads with

>Reddit actually believes CIG are going to redesign Vanguard just because someone on dev team said they're beginning to work on one of the variants

>reddit is a whiney entitled circlejerk, making up headcanon and then projecting its truthfulness onto some unrelated statement from CIG.

Are we surprised?

Considering reddit is absolute garbage, an exodus is imminent. mastodon.social has reopened registration.
I'm not sure how the discussion here would be furthered by it, I just want to see reddit burn. Someone could make a SC/ED instance, but I'm not interested personally.

Which one?

You lost, get over it, move on. Try again next time with a candidate who is not a well documented machiavellian monster.

o7 commandos come join the goon discord

discord.gg/ZkcvpD

I'm not even American

You want to really trigger the Goons? Salute them with "7o". Don't ask why.

>Triggered trumptard

>eve memes
>being part of a reddit alliance

Don't these EVE players have a game to play? Why do they hang out here all the time?

waiting for spreadsheets to compile

>assuming that knowing what "7o" means = member of Brave Newbies
>assuming that following EVE politics and history means I play EVE
It's interesting, but I'd rather watch from afar.

>not playing Elite and shitposting on the thread while you erp with thirsty plebs in Jita for 1 plex a session

You are a degenerate and should end yourself

Because I'm waiting for some idiot in an exploration ship to stumble into the wormhole space (the SC analogy would be a region where jump points only last a few hours and can only take so much mass before collapsing) system I call home, so I can give him surprise torpedo buttsex. Though I live pretty far in, so explorers don't normally come this deep. Which leaves me with lots of time for shitposting.

That doesn't sound very fun

1 hour of boredom, 30 seconds of glorious fun ruining someone else's day.
Either way, beats fucking picket duty (staring at a wormhole for hours on end while the rest of my corp kills the insanely hardcore mobs and reporting if anyone comes through)

>1 hour of boredom, 30 seconds of glorious fun ruining someone else's day.

That REALLY doesn't sound very fun

Why don't you just play some good games that are fun all the time?

Why torture yourself like this?

The 30 seconds are worth the wait, trust me. DESU, most of EVE combat is like this. Long build up time, extremely short and awesome climax.
If you've got the patience, it's well worth it.

>leave E:D for about a year
>come back
>Federation led by Zachary "Space Trump" Hudson in shambles

What happened?

Do you mean Powerplay? Because Powerplay means nothing unless you roleplay, it doesn't affect the BGS or the story in any way. If you mean the actual Federation, it's because ayyliums.

>The 30 seconds are worth the wait

I have playtime these days on account of growing up into a normie.

I really don't have 1 hour to blow in order to get 30 second of fun.

>aliens erode Space Trump's legitimacy

Art imitates life!

Limited playtime that is

how are they floating?

strings

Don't ask, we'll get a full length ATV going into the challenges of designing a floating platform.

Aether & gravity manipulation

So much space, to aimlessly shoot eachother~

>literally QA tier changes
Why does this need a public beta?

If you can aim fixed weapons are better.

Guys bear with me
I couldnt find no X general, so can you suggest if X:Rebirth worth it, I just cant cope with the waiting game?

youtube.com/watch?v=8ueQQ6z8uzo