ITT we talk about overlooked cars that are unsung performance heroes

I will start. 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO. Perks include 6.0L LS2 from the Vettes of the same years, IRS, and sleeper status because it looks like a fat Cobalt SS. *Insert Australian in disguise meme here*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=alppYu00yL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The SyTy's were quick as shit for the time and even now depending where you live. Yeah they can't really tow or go off road but neither can a Tesla.

Mmm. Love the Cyclones.

the 2003–2004 Dodge Intrepid 3.5L HO handled better and was faster than its contemporary police cars it was also faster than its replacement (the charger) for a while

youtube.com/watch?v=alppYu00yL4

I actually want one. The LS2, preferably, but I'd be happy with the LS1. Problem is I'm up in Poutine Land, and it'll cost me 20 grand for one that isn't beat and scratched.

2004-07 Cadillac CTS-V. Everything a GTO is but has 4 doors, 5 seats, larger trunk.

Weakness is the rear end. Poly bushings are basically a must in the cradle. The differential has been known to break. There's conversions to beefier driffs out there.

Same. There's only 3 of the fuckers for sale in BC that I can find, at ~20k each.

It's a hell of a car, I'm really starting to like the idea of having one.

It's only really considered an unsung performance hero in America.
in Australia or the UK its pretty well known that pic is a bogan skid machine capable of destroying a set of tyres faster than most cars can accelerate.

Don't Americans even go as far as calling the Chevy SS a sleeper?

it's only a sleeper to those blind enough to dismiss it as a malibu

In Australia they are bogan skid machines for the bogan with some money but not enough to buy a HSV, though we also get v6 versions of the same car so it can be hard to tell if it is actually hot shit if its just an ss i guess.

sv6, has the alloytec motor making around 280hp and shittier brakes and suspension.

Mazda 3 MPS/Mazdaspeed3

256hp, rock solid engine and extremely tuneable.

Looks like a normal Mazda 3 but you can spot one pretty easily if you know what you're looking for. Or just look at the badge.

Same goes with the Speed6

I almost bought a speed 6 from a lady who had no idea what it was

Too bad the Holden has a better looking front on it.

I hate that stupid ugly grill on the front, it looks like trash but america has to change it up for some reason.

Most Americans i have ever asked about it think it looks better than even the HSV body kit, i have no idea why.

*ls6

Remove 2004 from the gto lineup and youd be correct