Better miata than the miata

Better miata than the miata

If by better you mean slower, and less reliable, yes.

Obviously but the parts are more expensive and it's not as easy to work on. Only for the truly dedicated.

>classic German reliability beyond 5 years
>BMW
hahahah no.

Pigfat.

It really isn't.
It is really heavy for what it is, 11xxkg for a 4cyl and upto 13xxkg for a 6cyl.
The miata is under a ton.

e36 compact is better than both.
it is lighter, has 5 seats, a hatch, the same suspension layout as an e30 (read that as fun and engaging) and is cheaper. And before you complain about only coming as a 4 cyl remember that a 6cyl swap is literally a weekend job at max.

>slower
Even the base model BMW has more horsepower than the top Miata, comparatively to the Miata was available at the time of the Z3 anyway.

It weighs under 3k and gets called pigfat? Yeah I guess compared to a fucking go-kart with a tiny engine

I have an E30 318is and and E34 535i which are older then you and still running fucking fine you shithead.

Let's make an amendment
>classic german reliability after 5 years of a car I bought from some mexican at 150k miles who beat the everloving shit out of it and never maintained it
This meme never gets old though, and good thing or else more retards like you would ruin these nice cars.

not really
however it's better s2000 than the s2000
z3m is way fucking faster than that gook machine

3k lbs for something that size is pretty pigfat. You could always fix that by removing the inline 6 boat anchor.

Z4 was a vast improvement, get one of those instead.

What are those tiny air filter for?

Damn just look at that cute miata. How can anyone compare it to a bmw dildomobile?

Probably crankcase ventilation. Usually, manufacturers link the sump to the intake, so blow-by gasses are pulled out of the block. However, this method also transports evaporated oil back into the intake, at which point it condenses and leaves residue on the inside walls. For most production cars, it's not an issue and quite a simple solution. If you're looking to get every last bit of performance out of your engine, you obvious don't want it, and the venturi-effect produced by the open filter offers an acceptable alternative. Another way to do this would be to use an oil-catch can that condenses the oil by use of a metallic sponge in the can, while gases flow freely through the unit. You can look up any of these terms to get a more firm understanding if you're interested.

ooh, it has a hatch. Brb, going to buy one of those right now!

God that engine looks shit, what were BMW thinking?

nigga a bicycle is better than a miata

it's not cute tho

No. A better Miata than the Miata would be this thing.

>more smol
>more underpowered
>more lightweight
>more cute
>more likely to kill you if you crash
>more weird

>buying a Z3 convertible ever
>not buying an S54 powered M coupe

Weak.

Its one of the few cars that is just too ugly to even consider. I even felt bad as a blew past it on the track

>same size but 3000lbs and unreliable
How does BMW do it?

it is 2 times faster

Not really. It was significantly more comfortable, but it wasn't as good at the Miata's strengths as the Miata.

It had the e30's rear trailing-arm suspension that was nowhere near as gradual and predictable as the Miata's. It was heavy. The 4-cylinder wasn't any faster and the 6, while fast, wasn't balanced enough to handle near as well. Also it looks like a penis.

>unreliable
>m52/m54
>unreliable
want to know how i know you have no idea what you're talking about?

You mean the engine that can last 300k miles easily? Yes very unreliable

Cousin had one, at 170k, despite meticulous maintaining, if he turned the AC on it overheated the engine. BMW wanted to completely replace his AC unit and insisted that was the problem (also wanted $1100 to do it). His father didn't know and blew it right up.

Not an expert on bmws but from what i understand when you revamp the coolant systems on these cars they can be quite reliable.
Knew a guy with an older e46 and he had to go through the same deal

Saw a chick driving a m series clownshoe on the highway, i should've followed her and forced her to sell it to me lol

Looks like you posted the wrong image; fixed it for you.

shitty rear suspension though

plastic water pump

the z3 wrecks this thing too lol.
how the f do you blown an engine, how can you not pay attention to the temp gauge? it even lights up bright red when the temps are increasing.
these engines are built for a million miles.

Replace every 80k miles

His father is one of those rich guys who just runs his cars into the ground, and was inbetween cars while my cousin was at college, so was driving his car to the BMW dealership to go buy his 7 series, overheated it a mile down the road. Sad too, they're nice cars, but you have to dig deep in your pockets for them, and at that point, they're not worth what they are.

the miata is 1.5k and the cheapest z3 was about 8k why are u comparing them

also miata + 2j + new transmition and drivetrain = the price of a used z3

just sayin

cheapest z3 is 8k lmao wat
z3's cost the same if not less than miatas in cali

with under 100k miles and not beat up

>they're nice cars, but you have to dig deep in your pockets for them, and at that point, they're not worth what they are.
that's not fucking true you asshole. if you know what you're doing and maintain shit, it won't fucking break. it doesn't even cost that much if you don't buy a shitty car.

Every other car on the planet - never.

Oh no, I have to spend $350 every 9 years on an otherwise bulletproof engine in a well-handling car with a great interior. Goodness I better sell my car and get a corolla. You sure showed me user.

where the hell are you finding 1.5k miatas and where the hell are you finding 8k z3's?

miatas are all $3k+ and the low end Z3's are under $3k

>buy beaten to shit Civic for 3K
>odometer has broken 400K and still going strong

>buy babied BMW
>shits itself after 1000 miles

>that's not fucking true you asshole. if you know what you're doing and maintain shit, it won't fucking break

I've witnesses it firsthand, he bought the car new and my cousin got it at 35k miles, he has always been a big BMW guy and took great care of it, and the AC/overheating problem began after he drove the car on a 1500 mile trip, while only using the AC for maybe 4 non consecutive hours. Not only that, but the electrical gremlins in those 90's BMW's are a real thing.

>create hypothetical fantasy to fit your retarded meme because you known nothing about cars and ride the bus
Okay, 10 years on mine and going strong no problems whatsoever.

I just replaced the water pump on my 328i, same engine as z3
the original plastic pump lasted 180k miles but all the replacement pumps are made of metal.

You wouldn't be able to sell your car even if you wanted to. Meanwhile Corollas still fetch high prices, exponentially more than your "ultimate driving experience except now we only make automatics" shitheap.

>create hypothetical fantasy to fit your retarded meme because you known nothing about cars and ride the bus

Why are you talking about yourself?

For the price of one E30 M3 you can buy like 100 of those corollas, yeah very "low price" lmfao retard.

then the car was a lemon? no one else has had issues like that, if all cars did even the car would have been recalled. your one anecdotal experience doesn't account for all of the cars.

Don't want to sell it, it's a great car and runs perfectly. Wouldn't have trouble either because I don't live in a poorfag village

>durr muh animu corolla has resale value
Oh cool that ugly, slow piece of shit has one redeeming quality, good to know.

Also the 1 series, m2, m3 and m4 all have manual options, along with a bunch of other models I'm forgetting. Reee harder kiddo.

my bmw is at 610k miles, still more reliable, more comfortable and faster than your jap crapbox l e l

I'm talking about the guy who created his little fantasy of
>reeee bmw breaks down after 2 miles even though it was babied
Or were you just too retarded to think of a better response? Either way your shit has officially been pushed in.

nice shoop

>5k rpm redline

It's a diesel, user

lol sure bro
here is my friends car at 373k miles, same model as mine (2005 530d)

30k miles in less than a year, no major maintenence and still going strong

ITT: busriders discover that their beloved memes they rely on as coping mechanisms are complete bullshit.

bmw z3
>3000lbs
>225hp

c5 z06
>3100lbs
>425hp

>Also the 1 series, m2, m3 and m4 all have manual options

Not anymore. Soccermoms dictated the market, and soccermoms only want autotragics.

>measurement system used by countries that never been to the moon

disgusting

I'm not the one who came up with a fairytale of a BMW not having problems past 20 miles of driving.

>not anymore
Idiot. The 1, 2, 3, 4 series and the M2/3/4 are and will be available as manuals forever.

>I'm not the one who came up with a fairytale of a BMW not having problems past 20 miles of driving
So are you shitposting or just literally retarded? Multiple people here have proven you wrong, myself included. Keep crying though if that helps.

this car was ruined by the shitty rear suspension and weight

if it had multilink all around, it would be a highly sought after car today

The Z4M fixed these issues

yep, that's why they still sell for $20k+

>600,000 km
>900,000 km
You are bullshitting

>BMW
Can turn corners

>Yankistani shitbox
Can't

*blocks your path*

Daily reminder that the BMW Z8 was the best looking car that BMW has ever made

In fact I think it's one of the best looking cars of the last two decades

the Z3/4 used the previous generation 3's rear suspension. The Z4 just got E46 rear suspension instead of scary E30 trailing arms.

Replace with a metal one
Done

Not if you meticulously maintain it yourself and upgrade to more durable/better parts as things need to be replaced

better miata than the miata

Too bad it was expensive to begin with and is now unobtanium

Should've had a V12

>Better Miata than the Miata

>heavier
>fiat
>more expensive
Right.

sure but why was it plastic in the first place?

Cutting initial assembly costs.

Basically just kikery.

God Machine

2j swapping a miata inst gonna cost u anything less than 15 grand