Should I get a VFII SS ute?

Should I get a VFII SS ute?

my uncle used to work for Holden and can get them for $30k with his ex-employee discount.

think it's worth while?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S0tlwfJ4BM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, is bad

Taxi interior sucks ass, otherwise, sure

You could get 9 3k civics for that price with enough change for simple mods

user if you've got the money to get one of those, why don't you spend a third as much and get something older and nicer looking that you can work on or pay people to work on for you and modify?

get a v8 ute. if it ain't v8 don't bother.

ford or holden.

both are going to stop making them soon.

Electronic handbrake so not quite as fun as the VE if you want to skid

Yes, don't listen to all the city faggots who don't like holden because they are beta numale cucks that want a JDM car they can post on their instagram.

30k for a brand new vf ss is fucking epic, thats like 5k less than most people will pay for a new sv6.

>hand brake
>to skid a 6.2 litre v8 ute
wtf?

Yes, buy it. But make sure to get the LS2 or LS3 one, don't get the gay L98 6 litre

OP here , I forgot to mention

I'm a bespectacled Asian. will I look funny in one?

If you can get that for $30k, fucking do it. Even if you don't like the thing, just sell it for a profit.
Have you owned a Ute before? It can be a pain. I'd personally get the sedan.

yeah it's going to be an LS3 one, manual since it's cheaper.

is it true these things park themselves now? saw it as a feature on the website. wtf didn't even know that existed these days.

This to be honest, you could sell a vf ss for 35k with 5000km on the clock.

what makes it a pain?

I'm tossing up between the ute and station wagon to haul stuff around if I need. I've always had some sort of sedan and there have been a bunch of times where I at least had a hatch to carry something's on the rare occasion

station wagon V8 is 36k. but only comes in automatic.

I guess long term wise the station wagon is the most practical since I'm a white collar Asian and would mean I am basically set in the future for a family car and won't be forced into getting an SUV.

I worked for GM at a factory and the cars made there could parallel or bay park themselves. The driver has to do the pedals, the car does the rest.

ok I was thinking more drift than skid
rarely use mine to keep it sideways anyway

>Even if you don't like the thing, just sell it for a profit
I think there is a clause where you can't sell it for a certain amount of years

wtf. even in a manual car?

Since this is basically /dat/, I'll ask here too.
I'm about to buy insurance from RACV for my motorbike, however one of the questions isn't so clear. It asks when I got my driver's license.
I got my car licence when I was 18 (red p plates), but I only just got my motorbike licence.
If I say I got my driver's licence at 18, I'll save $600 a year on insurance.
Is there a difference between drivers and riders licence? They both go on the same card.
I'm worried they'll nullify my insurance if they think I lied on the application, but I also don't want to bring it to their attention because I'm a cheap cunt.

you just control the throttle + clutch once it's set up

Ford 'straya is already gone fampai.

Something tells me you have never driven any v8 commodores before nor have you done a skid in one.
you just feather the brakes the fuck?
they are torque machines it aint going to stop the car skidding like a shitty 6cyl the engine overpowers the brakes by a huge margin.
touch that hand brake while moving and well bye bye hand brake though....
you can stretch them to the point of uselessness in an sv6 by taking off without disengaging them so i highly doubt it is going to help you do fully sikk wikkid drifts in an SS.

youtube.com/watch?v=S0tlwfJ4BM4
its basically a feature that just turns the wheels at the correct times, for morons who don't understand geometry or something.

lol I've only done "drifts" in the wet but the handbrake helps keep the angle you want leading up to tighter corners

In an SS skids are easy, on any surface, especially in a ute

didn't realise ford had already stopped making the utes. their value is going to skyrocket.

Fuckin oath. Even if you don't like it, you could sell it on to some pleb for a profit later.

>ute can be a pain
Just lol. Have you ever driven one? There's almost not difference to a seden

and like i said you have obviously never driven any v8 commodore then.
you do not need the hand brake, just use the brakes to slow down, the engine is powerful enough to keep the wheel spinning even with the brakes fully applied.

Bruh, if you think he's talking about the driving characteristics and not the benefit of extra seats/throw shit on the back seat, you need your fucking head checked

This, my ute can be a pain even just for transporting all my motorbike gear, means i am the only person who can actually be inside the car, but hey i don't have to tow a trailer behind my sedan right?

pretty much the only good reason for owning a ute is dirt bike transportation and vans are honestly better for that in every way.