265 horse power

>265 horse power
>cheap
>light
>rwd
So, whats the catch? Why is this so overlooked from the likes of s2000?

Izza opel

>GM
It's shit anonkun

GM build quality.

in what aspect? reliability? arent parts cheap

You dont wana car with cheap parts, you want a car you dont even know the price of the parts.

Too big.
Bad handling.
Shitty engine.

Just look at one in person, the interior build quality is awful (as well as being terribly laid out) and it is shows its frankenstein roots pretty clearly.

Sadly the people claiming reliability are correct. If American GM is already quite shitty, European GM is fucking crappy. Opel was originally a spain focused brand and after the WWII you wont see jack shit Opels outside of Spain. And even in spain Seat was usually a much better brand.

>implying

My implications are correct, faggot.

>Opel was originally a spain focused brand
Wut?
It's a german brand. A german brand that can't keep up with VAG/BMW/MB, but still. A German brand.
No idea if they purposefully market toward other markets than north western Europe though. Could be.

>Daewoo

>0-100 6.3 secs

Miatacucks this mad

its actually 5.7

dude, Opel is fucking thrash compared to almost anything, let alone the other german brands. if GM in america is only half as bad then i know why anons here hate the brand so much.

>TFW spent more than the value of a Saturn Sky on miscellaneous nonfunctional parts for my Japanese car in the past year.

Opel used to build cool cars, then GM started having money troubles and everything went to shit.
When the Omega died, so did Opel, and they've only recently started digging themselves out.

>So, whats the catch? Why is this so overlooked from the likes of s2000?
Here's the catch. Shame too. Otherwise I'd SERIOUSLY look at one.

Opel Elise

Just too expensive when release so only boomers could afford them and since are still expensive bc "I kno what I got" There is a compariaion video with Tsuchiya the non-turbo Pontiac solstice and then new Miata, can't remember exactly but I believes he said the two were just about on par with each other

It's a good car, just didn't sell well.

No one buying a Chevy wanted a Miata - they want a Corvette with no roof.

Space was also tight, so Xbox heug Americans couldn't fit into it either.

Other than that, the Redline and Sky trims were really good - that's why they're expensive as fuck now, because you have rare cars that actually handled really well and were actually pretty quick since they were just at 3000lbs. If they were hardtops instead of convertibles then they would basically be exactly what all the Veeky Forumstists on this board wanted the FR-S/BRZ twins to be: >3000lb coupe with ~250-290hp and some actual torque.

yeah opel is the equivalent to chryslers in germany youd have maybe the rare autist who got a speedster because he thought itd be like a porsche

Its not that bad, VW has had just as many turds. Some Ecotecs were kinda shitty at one point though, I give you that.

It has potential.

Tsuchiya liked its Pontiac sister and said if they should sell them in Japan.

Because it's as heavy as a Corvette and makes less power than an Accord

Nice Saturn Sky

it's not bad, this board is full of weebs

I really can't believe that the shitty leaky top that takes forever to stow and eats up what little cargo space the car has got past the design phase in a company not run out of a shed in Surrey. Besides that, the transmission is a bit crap. Not unreliable, but they sourced it from a truck and it shows.

Another annoying problem for track nerds is that getting an approved rollcage requires custom fabbing, and needs to be bolted in an odd place, down under the seats, which probably need to be lower, too, so that you pass the broomstick test with helmet on.

Makes me wonder how much better it would have done if it had been a hardtop.

>costs more than a C5Z
>looks worse than a C5Z
>is less reliable than a C5Z
>sounds worse than a C5Z
>is slower than a C5Z
>has far less power potential and aftermarket support than a C5Z
Just buy a C5Z.

>the transmission is a bit crap

Tsuchiya liked it more than the transmission in a similar vintage Miata.

Pontiac Solstice vs Saturn Sky vs Chrysler Crossfire who's cuisine reigns supreme?

>light

it should be illegal for roadsters to be this heavy

Well technically it's a Saturn that's a Pontiac.

Funny enough the Opel was actually built in the US as well I believe.

>shitty engine

Is it even revelant to the posts about reliability?

the fuck are you talking about retard

Kappa twins, no contest. Sky/GT looks better imo but the Solstice came as a coupe (although those are unobtanium nowadays).

Crossfire comes as a coupe, and with a supercharged 6 cylinder option - but not in manual

The Crossfire's problem is simple: Daimler-Chrysler.
It was built on a last-gen Mercedes SLK platform so it was already outdated when it came out, and on top of that it was built during the absolute worst era for both brands in terms of build quality.
The Kappa twins may be GM parts-bin frankenstein projects, at least they were on their own purpose-built platform.

because for the price it came out with, people went for the new audi A3 in 2003.

>buying an A3, instead of the Golf

or what purpose?

>half a ton heavier than the Miata and S2000
>not cheap when it was new
>underpowered unless you got the turbo
>platform was ultimately European while the Japanese roadsters were unique platforms

I actually owned a crossfire for a short time

Biggest piece of shit in the world, something new would break literally every thousand miles, and being MB it wasn't inexpensive parts either.

You forgot your trip

No trunk for muh junk unless the top is up. Come on, GM. How lazy are these cunts?

yes that top is just yuck. plus the interior is cheap as hell. looks like a pain to maintain too.

You are clinically retarded. Opel is a GM company, which is based in Germoney and it is built by germans. It is not even a german brand, its american.
They bothered many parts from many manufacturers, chiefly from Alfa Romeo and Isuzu.
This year it got sold to the french so nothing of value was lost.

Because it was a fucking Opel. Nobody right in their mind wouldve payd the original price for the Speedster.

OP posted an Opel GT though, which was literally a straight up rebadge of the US-market Saturn Sky and was even built in the same (American) factory.

And the Speedster is literally an Elise with a GM engine and a bodykit, they even went as far as building it in a Lotus plant.

>not wanting to buy a literal Lotus for the price of an Opel

Who is the sucker here?

they're way more expensive at around 19 grand

>crap transmission
You're an idiot, it is often the go to 5 speed because it's tougher than the R154 and it shifts better, and it's dirt cheap
Anyone that has swapped an AR5 with a JZ engine has no complaints

I've heard they have all kinds of gremlins and issues. Otherwise I'd want one really bad. Easily one of the best looking early 2000s cars.

its a sports car its not gonna be practical. probably has more room then comparable 2 seaters

amerilards don't fit in these cars.

It's a piece of shit and you can't fit in it unless you are manlet height.