/ovg/ - tissues in a cardboard container

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the Discord server and use the james emoji
>discord.gg/AKdvzdf

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-18-project-cars-2-review
youtube.com/watch?v=962zMOlCWlw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_V44JcDqU
youtube.com/watch?v=fxxh7E-YlFI
metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/project-cars-2
imgur.com/a/LlUvv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tissues > rags

2ND FOR KEYBOARDS

3rd for BoP your GV300 car TODAY!

>adding a link to the chinese mumble client
fuck off SJ fan club rejects youre not wanted here either

but I don't wanna

But thats the OG ovg , along with valrys autism in the logs.

oh shit, was this some /OVGT6/ event?

you guys who post like this should start adding a name to them.

what the actual fuck lad

Ill try to host online practice sessions throughout the week around BvB time (21:00 UTC / 5:00 PM EDT) for boops and testing.

Reminder to the /OVGT6/ club if you haven't already. You can't race if you don't join the club gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/

loadsa content and 4k textures.

Consolebabby problems. My Euro Truck installation is 2.2 GB plus 2.5 GB in mods.

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-18-project-cars-2-review

>"There's still not quite enough weight there to trouble the likes of Assetto Corsa or iRacing - in my opinion, at least - and so Project Cars 2's rides end up enjoyable but never quite excellent."

>"On a pad it's playable, at least... though it struggles to communicate what the car's doing."

>"I've still experienced one too many problems in my 30 hours with it to be able to unreservedly recommend it."

>"on one occasion during a rallycross event in Lohéac no-one made it past the first corner intact, proceeding to crawl around so I wound up winning a six lap race with two laps on the rest of the field."

>"The dynamic racing line only works on some tracks, at many more disappearing completely or giving erroneous information."

>"know that on launch day Project Cars 2 is every bit as spotty as its predecessor."
Be sure to fund Project CARS 3 when it launches next month!

lol. I have over 10gb in spintires mods, not including user maps. Nearly that much in ETS mods now too because jazzycat.

nah, just some random online race

>Skip to the end of qualifying having set a seemingly insurmountable time and your competitors will then become capable of inexplicable speed in your absence, ensuring the only way to get a good grid position is sitting through an entire session.
jesus christ not again, how have they still not fixed this shit

One is a 4K ready game with 700 cars and a bunch tracks and probably too many uncompressed audio files because devs found flac and think it's worth it.
The other is a simulator made by a few guys in a czech basement with a handful of trucks and a small-ish map of europe filled with copy pasted assets.

THANKS FOR THE CAR AND TRACK MODELS IAN LEL

>yfw russians still haven't cracked PC1 models

Keep telling yourself that Ian Lel, because I've seen the receipts

youtube.com/watch?v=962zMOlCWlw

I'm going to make sure we have some kind of punitive one-size-fits all BoP ready for any bums like you who turn up with OP cars.

lol wot
I've been ripping pcars models into rfactor for months now.

wtf does it mean forza7 will be open world?

lmao I remember this one
>highway 1st
>start, turn 1 and 2 all perfect
>turn 3 goes straight just like senna in 1994
no idea why his snek was only doing 250km/h, my snek's setup was up to 360 km/h and easily going 280 km/h

rFactor 2 convert

>using user as in game name
hahahahahahahahahaahahaha what a fuckin pussy bet you can't produce a link to the tools you use to convert the models
btw very nice work on the model

>try to take funny screenshot of flipping a Celica GT-Four to add to comment about being unable to find the Sega Rally server
>prt sc screenshots my desktop instead

everything has been converted a long time ago, at this point its easier to just download the rip than ripping it yourself

As beautifully complete as the Sega Rally mod is, it's missing the Stratos.

However, the menu sounds are great.

Use windowed mode

BREAKING NEWS

STEFANO GIVES UP ON ASSETTO CORSA, ADMITS RFACTOR 2 IS THE "SUPERIOR SIMULATION"

EVEN THE MODDERS ARE BAILING OUT

BTCC PRIMERA SOON™

need cavalier and vectra

the cavalier didnt race with the primera but the lad who made the car has implied there are several cars being made

theres some pictures of the BMW already out there

The NFS Shift QuickBMS script and 3DSimED.
Links to both those are easy enough to find.

is rfactor 2 - dare I say, saved?

use Fraps

The first race isn't for another week, do you really need the server yet? It's not a problem if you do, I'm just saying.

Cheers, I worked hard on the menus.
And as the Stratos is a bonus car I thought it could skip it. If lots of people want it I'll consider adding it.

real time weather confirmed
bentley confirmed
league with gt3 cars by s420 confirmed
formula 3 confirmed
formula 4 confirmed
ranking system confirmed

they'll find a way to fuck it up somehow

Don't need the server, I was just looking

rf2 was never in any danger, you just had to believe.

desu studio420 itself hasnt really been fucking up, its just that rf2 has a long list of past mistakes

>"On a pad it's playable, at least... though it struggles to communicate what the car's doing."
how do you fuck this up twice in a row?

they'll forget to add players to the game, so even after all this effort no one except simdads will play it

They've already charged $5 for a 650S GT3 with tires that are way more forgiving than any other GT car in the game, or even the AC and R3E versions. They haven't fixed it or acknowledged it after 7 weeks so I'm guessing the other GT3 cars will be the same. I don't know what the appeal of the game is supposed to be when you take away the tire model and the need for tire management.

They are working on an update, the 650S and Zandvoort came out early so they could run the Mclaren competition thing

rotary is no match for italian soul and passion

>C63
one man of taste

c63 really shines in S1. its a bit lackluster in A

More Forza shit (demo tomorrow so might as well talk about it), but Microshaft and Red Bull are fuckbuddies now.

rallycross expansion soon™

And the GT500 came out early just to have something for Christmas. And the GT3 pack will come out early just to get it out the door this month like they promised. S397 fucking suck

Theres no data for the GT500. Its the reason it was never released under the ISI banner and the reason iRacing never made one.

I'd be concerned about whether he reviewed the final game or the press-build. It's well known that the version all the reviewers had for a while was an outdated press version where the Ford GT was the only car that drove well, so if this man is reviewing the press build and not the final build (which he should), 1) Fuck SMS for not giving out proper review copies and 2) I'm not formulating an opinion until I buy and play it myself.

In other words, I'm not really surprised the AI is shit seeing how that's been an industry-wide problem since the GTR 2 days.

That's cool.

The review embargo has ended, this is Eurogamer reviewing the day-one version.

Well, fuck. Still buying it though, because I want to at least try it for myself before I shit on it.

>first one is objectively shit
>everyone is giving #2 the stink eye for 3/4 of a year
>isr says it's improved
>isr is not payed (though probably a bit influenced)
>james says it's better than rf2
>james is paid
>every other sim racing news outlet says it's better but still not amazing
>they aren't payed (but again, they could be slightly influenced)
>wmds on /ovg/ are mixed about it, ze german says it's good but other anons say it's shit
>all of them are getting money back from their investment
>eurogamer says it's okay, but "okay" really means utter garbage
>eurogamer is not paid but did receive a free ccopy
>/ourguy/ hated it at first but really likes it now
>/ourguy/ is more than likely not paid (but he did receive free access to the press version)

Seriously, WHO THE FUCK DO I BELIEVE?

yourself, wait for the spacewar version

>>/ourguy/ hated it at first but really likes it now
>>/ourguy/ is more than likely not paid (but he did receive free access to the press version)

who is /ourguy/?

either emptybox or nicki thiim

I was referring to Jimmy, but didn't know what meme name to give him.

but Nicki Thiim was just in Texas and has never talked about Pcars and Empty Box made a video a month about him not caring about Pcars 2 and hasn't talked about it since. Are there more /ourguys/ out there?

Eurogamer's Martin Robinson is the only reliable mainstream site racing reviewer, he always nails it

That may be so, but considering the strong mix of opinions from both people who are paid and not paid, I have a hard time trusting anyone.

Guys have you heard about that cool thing on Steam called a refund? It supposedly makes it possible to test game for a whole TWO hours to make up your mind if you want to keep the game or not!

How about trying that instead of listening to shills?

fitgirl got my back

Yes, but we're all retarded, so we like to listen to shills and heckle them for being shills and then go buy a game we already know is going to be shit just so we can say it's shit and act like we didn't know it was going to be shit in the first place.

"/ovg/, it really is just /v/ with cars." - Me, just now.

i belive this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_V44JcDqU

SJ

looking for a realistic game to start with, would Project Cars 2 be good when it releases? I know fuck all about racing games

they didn't let me refund the rf2 mclaren dammit

PLAY
RFACTOR
EVERY DAY
EVERY SERIES
EVERY CAR
EVERY TRACK
RFACTOR
RRRRFACTOR

Pcars2 is rfactor so it's fine

>secret lines

every time ian bell gets close to rfactor it becomes shit
GTR
GTR2
NFS S
S2U
PCARS
and now PCARS 2

REMOVE IAN BELL FROM SIMRACING
PLAY R FACTOR

Play? This isn't a VIDEO GAME

This is a SIMULATION

You race it

>GTR
>GTR2
>shit

Well fuck.
Does it do that every lap?
Penalties will be off so it doesn't really matter in the long run, but still.

Also, use DX8 or 9 to unfuck the reflections.

You clearly haven't tried to do the OVGT500 GTR2 series. Because it was an absolute shitshow.

>one series we did was shit so the entire game is shit

Did we race in the same series? It went fine for me and I didn't notice anything wonky happening during the races

Stop everything, this is objectively based review: youtube.com/watch?v=fxxh7E-YlFI

tl;dr Pretty good overall with a few slight problems that can be fixed with a patch or two.

A couple of drivers were unable to ever join a race despite trying more than once

They were shitters anyways

>every car handling almost the same
>fixed with a patch or two
Jee I fucking hope.

>ACG
haven't even watched but this is objectively, undeniably the best/ most honest review youll find

metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/project-cars-2
89 score so far
better than F1 2k17
and reviews (ps4 ones) were done without d1p

Btw I just got forza 7 for 30€ bu buying russian giftcards

>can be fixed with a patch or two
They're the same bugs from the first game you fucking cunt

His words, not mine. Would Karak lie to us?

>3 ign reviews
>one reviewer on that list gave PC1 a 93
doubt.txt

no but you left out the fact that his recommendation is to wait for a sale

Practice lobby is up lads

If you're still up for doing reserve skins for ARCA, do you think you could do a few ARCA-tier paint jobs? Here's a good album of them. imgur.com/a/LlUvv

Multiple of those are in the fucking game

pls jjoin in very alone

Examples please because there's a lot of cars and I can't find the true RAGS tier liveries