Countries banning the sale of petrol cars

- Norway
>About 40% of all cars sold in the country last year were electric or hybrid vehicles.
- Denmark

- India

- Britain
- France

t least 10 other countries have electric car sales targets in place, according to the International Energy Agency.
Austria, China, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Japan, the Netherlands, Portugal, Korea and Spain have set official targets for electric car sales.

What do you think Veeky Forums ?

I think i live in Australia and petrol will never be banned in this country, if it is it will be like mad max, that movie series is basically a "what if the hippies win" scenario and the answer is all the bogans kill the hippies then fight each other for what ever fuel remains.

Meanwhile in Norway

This is one of those virtue signal things that governments do because they know they'll never have to be the ones to enact it. Will never happen (except maybe in Norway because they're weird, but even then, won't be for decades)

>thinks i am impressed by anything without a supercharged v8 engine
what about bogan don't you understand?
Fuck off ya conformist scum.

>only asking for volunteers
>literally run on hopes and dreams
Yesh.

Good more cheap gas for my v8

>tfw v8 mustard race

Let them try to pass that shit, then watch and laugh as everything they've built completely falls apart.

>lets replace fuel powered cars with electricity powered by brown coal
>it is better for everyone #carbonfootprint
hippies unironically believe this while trying to tell me their cars are solar powered, fuck off.

>oh shit our lies aren't true
>and we can't figure out how to make it profitable like we promised
>welp time to have a USSR command and control economy

I think in countries like America and Aussie, they wont go away for a long time, there's too large of a consensus towards combustion, and we can see that electric vehicles are far too inefficient in terms of infrastructure and manufacturing. Finland, however, makes sense. They sell so many electric cars, they are able to keep up with changing times in Europe. The UK, however, they need far more than 23 years to go fully hybrid/electric

Feels great to be this free

>Adding on
Plus, lets be real, electric cars to build and run put out far more emissions than combustion engines of the past 25 years have

Politicians can't even keep their own promises. What makes you think they'll do what someone else promised over a decade earlier?

>supercharged lsa
noice, what car?
making my ls1 look like a girls dick.

>solar is a non cost effective meme for virtue signaling and tax breaks
>wind turbines are windmills of death that are constantly breaking down
>hydro floods everything
>fission is a meme for presidio intellectual hippies
>hydrogen is a dead meme for presidio intellectual hippies
>coal irradiates more shit than Chernobyl and Fukushima combine, pollutes more than anything and powers 90% of the third world shit holes on earth
>fission is perfect accept for the autistic screeching of the the toad like presidio intellectual hippies
God it's like a war but instead of nazis, were all trying to shot our own feet

Fusion, fusion is the meme.

>have set official targets for electric car sales
And we'll miss all of them, just like we're missing all our CO2 targets, because our government is controlled by the car industry.

t. Germany

Surely this will save the polar bears, stop the icecaps from melting, stop desertification, stop floods, stop major disasters, stop acid raid, stop ozone depletion and make me feel good about driving an appliance to work.

And what exactly is it that you're saying? That we need to make agriculture 100% emissions free before even beginning to tackle transportation? Is it not smarter to engage in measures in all areas of emissions?

He's saying that transportation isn't even the biggest contributor, but the only sector that's consistently under increasing pressure whereas the others are pretty much free to do as they please.

also makeing one triangle smaller by making another bigger doesn't really solve the problem

>tfw 1% of cars are electric in my country

Nah, were good. The world still has less electric cars compared to 1900

>but the only sector
First of all that's wrong, secondly it's one of the sectors where improvements are the most easily realized and the most affordable. Lower emissions in power production require hundreds of billions, even trillions in spending on different power sources, and may not even be as readily available to some nations as they are to others. You have to force people to eat less meat to make agriculture more carbon neutral. Better emissions equipment on new cars or a gradual change to better propulsion over decades is an utterly easy and non-prohibitive task in comparison. The only reason it's seen as a catastrophically discriminating on Veeky Forums is because we're emotionally charged over our precious vroom vroom boxes.

>Germany
No chance. They have one of the cheapest gas prices in yuropooreanland. Especially thanks to autobahn they will want to travel nonstop turbofast and refill in 1 min.

>Hydro ist gut
>Tax breaks are gut
Hydrogen is the new thing, hydrogen tech is gonna develop faster than eletric cars can spread and when it comes the time the last cunts will switch directly from fossil to Hydrogen and skip Elon Musk's wet dream

>Meanwhile in Norway

If Germany banned petrol would they also ban petrol car exports?

the NWO is real and they want your cars and your Freedom of movement

these countries are small and crowded

it's more likely that in the future, very few people will even have cars there

we only target transportation because the other sectors pay politicians off while automakers actually stand to profit from this shit

>we were going to spend the same amount of cash on R&D anyways
>we just won't make that 11,000RPM 600hp V8
>this green shit is good for marketing

Is that a mosque?

All the countries listed can barely afford to drive as it is. Boo hoo if they have to drive electric cars.

>Detroit doesn't pay off politicians
Alrighty then, it's purely a coincidence that crossovers and SUVs are classed as light trucks and get preferential treatment in emissions requirements, fuel economy requirements and crash safety requirements.

underrated post.

You could store a barrel of gasoline or two dozens of them for years and if it didn't evaporate, your car would start no problems.

Then they added ethanol into it, making it more eco friendly (because replacing 5% of petrol with alcohol means you don't need to pump out those 5% of petrol (crude oil) from the oil wells - and sure as hell that makes a lot of difference for nature. On the other hand, planting crops for alcohol production is totally not harmless for the nature, Kappa). Your fuel spoils in 6 months, corrodes many parts (even these days), contains water, corodes more parts... oh, it also shortens lifespan of your engine oil (lol at those E85 fools who don't change oil every 3k miles)

But you can't possibly store hundreds of kWh of electricity anyhow. You have to be relying on the grid which they completly control. Civil unrests or uprisings? Power only for hospitals and shelters. New revolution? Power goes off indefinitelly, good luck getting any on your own from your puny 4 photovoltaic panels on your roof. Also, block your ID from being able to recharge your car. For the lolz.

Besides, the car you just bought has ability to record your position, speed and other parameters - you know, to be able to determine you were in a serious car crash so it will dial 911 on its own if it deems so. How genius and safe. Totally not telling officers how much you were speeding when you had that crash. Totally not connected nonstop to the internet, sending *anonymous* telemetric data to car manufacturer...

Except if you don't live in a third world country like America the majority of your power doesn't come from coal.

>boo hoo, i won't be able to be a treasonous faggot and break the law

When was the last time you swore loyalty to AMERICA and not some dumb shit like "duh reel spirit of murica as intended by the founden fathers"?

sources on these.
also is there anywhere to buy 0% ethanol fuel?

Why are you fags even worried? Electric cars are awesome and with the implementation of lighter batteries they will have great driving dynamics.

>inb4 americans that drive for days to go to work

sorry for not wanting to live in diversityville just to have a job that isn't at a factory or a farm

This, I'll probably own an electric motorcycle at some point so that I can feel all the riding feels without being a loud, obnoxious shitcunt to everyone around me. All other properties being equal, an electric car will offer better driving dynamics and less noise and stank than a petrol car, meaning that people are less restricted in their driving from a social standpoint and health standpoint.

>Finland, however, makes sense. They sell so many electric cars

We sell almost zero electric cars here.

based funland

They're boring. I feel nothing while driving them both literally and figuratively. That may be perfect for some but it's not for me.
I'm not really worried though, I can't see my state banning gas

Oldest cars in Europe and proud!

More gas for me and my banger.

So what the fuck are you supposed to do there?
Live in a clean neighborhood and not being allowed to have any fun? I'd rather have fun and die young thank you very much.

Most of Germany's power comes from coal and they're the perfect example of a Yuropeen country.

>About 40% of all cars sold in the country last year were electric or hybrid vehicles
Yeah, because of government subsidies

The Model S was one of the best selling cars in Hong Kong, but when they pulled incentives its sales literally dropped to 0

>>About 40% of all cars sold in the country last year were hybrid vehicles.

Fixed

Also depending on how they feel like categorizing it that particular day, they will lump in OTR trucking with cars as well as air travel under the nebulous term "transportation." Fuck I've seen some that including cargo ships.

>pledges
>"targets"
>zero actual legislation that sets in motion a timeline for banning gasoline engines

>Then they added ethanol into it, making it more eco friendly (because replacing 5% of petrol with alcohol means you don't need to pump out those 5% of petrol (crude oil) from the oil wells - and sure as hell that makes a lot of difference for nature. On the other hand, planting crops for alcohol production is totally not harmless for the nature, Kappa). Your fuel spoils in 6 months, corrodes many parts (even these days), contains water, corodes more parts... oh, it also shortens lifespan of your engine oil (lol at those E85 fools who don't change oil every 3k miles)

Lol no. Adding ethanol is just a thinly veiled farmers subsidy.

Meanwhile in Norway; the small, bumfuck country where the largely obnoxious population thinks that them being all buying electric cars, recycling every single fucking thing down to the individual part, enacting diesel bans within cities on certain days, increasing fuel taxes to the extreme, shutting down entire city areas and punishing every single driver (EVEN THOSE WHO LIVE SOMEWHERE PUBLIC TRANSPORT IS NOT VIABLE, WHICH IS A HUGE PART OF THE COUNTRY) will somehow save the whole fucking world and inspire the other gigantic nations such as the US, China, Russia and India to stop their filthy pollution and go fully green - all because Norway, the tiny, irrelevant little country that it is, is leading by such admireable example, forever fuelled by the fact that the GDP is artificially high because of oil and that makes the population think that they fucking matter in the world

that "I know better than you" attitude isn't exclusive to you guys.

Almost everything you described is true in many parts of the United States too. Shitty or nonexistant public transport and low population density outside of cities. but of course the busy body politicians and "I know better than you because I'm so intelligent" kind of people are here too. And they live in cities and think that what's best for them is best for the US

>I think I live in Australia

Wut?

I don't understand all the hype about electric cars. Why do Normies and eco-weenies think they're 'the future', or even slightly green? They're made with rare, expensive, non-renewable resources, powered by poluting plants, and the aforementioned resources they use for all their fancy shit cause extreme environmental damage where they're mined.
I just don't get it. Why are they all so happy to ignore that shit in favor of their expensive normie-mobiles?
muh biodiesel, tho

The big thing with Australia is sometimes you have to drive 3000 miles to get somewhere. No good if you get 200 per charge.

>I think I live in Australia
What was your first clue?

Personally, I think it's because Tesla isn't part of any large auto manufacturer.

Kind of like Apple, they aren't the "old". they're new, flashy, minimalist designed and honestly not really that great when it comes down to actual figures

you forgot California. CARB has already stated that they want to ban the sale of new ICE cars by 2030.

wow 70-100 miles on pre 1910s battery tech is really impressive, even at it's probably horrible top speed that's really good, how?

so is my summer car accurate?

>but the only sector that's consistently under increasing pressure
not really, many cities in the US and all over the world have a lot of push for renewable energy as well as heating solutions for buildings that allow them to use as little energy as possible, greenhouses are becoming more common and solar/wind on top of every building is becoming very close, as soon as more buildings get replaced with new ones, and I believe electric vehicles are beginning to be used for agriculture, the only sector still 100% not green is refining and other heavy industries

well he asked what i think.

tesla is trying to change the relationship of customer to car company though, dealerships are cancer

lead acid batteries as been around since 1859, and they haven't change much since.

The EV1 with lead acid batteries did about 80 miles. The nickle batteries went 120.

>Mad Max picture
>Fury Road
user, come on. The one with Mel Gibson was actually enjoyable. I was completely disappointed with Fury Road. Even higher than a kite watching it in theaters I was disappointed.

I'm still bothered over every new movie featuring a strong female character while the men idly stand around useless.

>that movie series is basically a "what if the hippies win" scenario
Translation: "I've only seen Fury road so instead of interpreting it within the context of the entire Mad Max franchise I just projected my ass backwards political views onto it and called it a day."

Even a blind three year old could tell that the dystopia of the Mad Max universe is the result of unchecked greed.

You just sound butthurt because you went into a mad max movie thinking mad max is going to be the main character.
you watched any of the other movies by any chance?

>'m still bothered over every new movie featuring a strong female character while the men idly stand around useless.

bait desu

Max and the Warboy basically do all the work and constantly save the women..

Furiosa and the Wives gets blown out every time they try to be strong. The biker women had a green utopia. though the minute things get tough. they end up abandoning their peaceful farmer life and become just like the men. though they have to trick men into traps with their naked bodies.

Immortan Joe and his brothers built a functioning society. clean water, fresh hydroponic food, energy, security, and culture.

I'll be happy if that means we get more CRZ-style manual hybrids. Regenerative braking is awesome but if I'm spending thousands of dollars on a new car I don't want to put up with an automatic cuckbox.

Isn't this a good thing? No more oil shieks or oil wars

Usa is not the problem. It's china, india and the third world. Seriously almost all of the US has been reforested and toxic dumping into the ocean has ceased. Our co2 levels are nothing compared to the damage china is doing and retards chopping down the rainforests

I like how the Danish government tries to set a bar for sales of hybrid and electric vehicles when the average age of our car park is around 10-11 years because newer cars are prohibitively expensive. That shit is for virtue-signalling city people. The rest of us will continue thrashing about in our petrol shitboxes, laughing at the copenhagen fags.

Welcome to the crux of scandinavian virtue signalling.
City slicker genocide when, brother?

I love living in the new world

Well since global warming is a chink hoax it doesn't matter.
less smelly cars choking our cities

>2030
>- India
bullshit
t. indian

>Meanwhile in Norway

I've watched them all, with Mad Max 2 being my favorite. Believe that's the one where he has a Blue Heeler and the kid has a memorable boomerang.

>Furiosa gets blown out every time they try to be strong
I'm guessing I forget who helped the wives escape, who was leading the warboy mission by being the operator of the semi or whatever, and was the primary focus of the movie. Watched it once and haven't watched it again. I was disappointed desu.

>several giant modernist dystopian nigger-invested urban hyperstructures in the middle of a pieceful landscape
Oh wow how tolerant, I really like our (((future)))!

>but user, how can you live without 7 shitty kebab shops, 5 overpriced kiosks with smuggled soda, weed accessories and cigarettes and a "youth centre" within 2 minutes of where you live, in a 60 square metre apartment, paying almost as much as the monthly installments on a house loan?
>why do you hate progress and gentrification, user?

>user, don't you want to have a million people around you at all times? Who needs personal space and privacy, you got something to hide? lol
>if you're real lucky, you can live near a bar or club and listen to music and see drunk people for free!

It's a very accurate simulation

To stop anthropolohenic global warming, you have to remove prople from the face of the earth. Thats all there is to it. Using powered vehicles could be banned outright and it wouldn't change the fact that people need food and want stuff, so they have to farm and mine for materials and manufacture the products then ship the materials and products all over the planet, then provide power to all of it. Its gotten to the point that there just isn't enough of certain raw materials in any country for all of its needs to be sourced locally, so to keep as many people as we have alive, this has to be done. And this pollutes far more than cars do. By the way, has anyone actually checkedout how much damage people do just by breathing and pissing and shitting everywhere? I'm sure its not insignificant.

The final solution to the human problem is to remove humans, and to remove all of them, everywhere. Perhaps a small population of a hundred million 110+ IQ individuals could be kept around. Then we wouldn't have to go to space to mine all the lithium we need to make all the damn batteries.

>you were governed by a Mediterranean country for so long
>you should have figured out how things worked

Slow down there, Illuminati