/ORG/: tasteful 3D waifu edition

General offroad and (((niceposting))) thread. Pray for snow. Post rare taytays and offroad maymays.

Jeep suicidewatch update:
fourwheeler.com/news/1708-great-wall-motors-confirms-intent-to-purchase-jeep-brand/
Trump intervenes:
cnbc.com/2017/08/21/jeep-to-china-could-be-a-red-flag-for-trump.html

Timeline:
>Old Thread
>Older thread:
>/out/ thread:
>/out/er thread:
>/pirate4x4/ thread:
pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/699969-anybody-here-surf-Veeky Forums-board.html

>ITT:
>Jeep gets sold to chinks
>school starts again
>summerfags are gone
>we can start posting serious, elucidating content

>Map for stalking:
zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619
>Discord for full out autism containment:
discord.gg/SenfAyU
>Become an anti-weeb stickerfag:
watracing.com/?product=off-road-general

Other urls found in this thread:

ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/find-pits-and-quarries
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i wonder if it's possible to make wranglers even more shitty than they currently do

First for square body suburbans and K5s are best...

How sick would it be to have a 4 wheel vehicle that can't turn using a wheel but has the left and right wheels be able to turn at different speeds? You could even have two centre differentials and two two-cylinder engines powering each side of the vehicle.

No need for complicated diff lockers or steering to complicate designs.

What happened to the old thread with the busty hoe?

op was under 18

Nice flex

Thanks, it flexed like a monster, that suspension is now on my K5. For a leaf sprung truck it flexs very well, probably outflexes most jeeps.

ya'll niggas need to learn to use the catalog

ya'll nigger need to read

i'm so glad shillary flopped
what a fucking cunt

Neet?

Can't be a neet and afford to build 4wd trucks on 1 tons. That's my old suburban. Have a 1987 K5 now.

Discuss pic related. Personally i think it looks cool i don't know enough about offroading to know if this is practical or not, obviously with 500 hp at the flywheel(so they claim) i still think it can sink in mud or sand also fuel consumption would be a nightmare i bet it drinks as much as a unimog, this isn't ment for difficult trails but long desert hauling. Looks very nice, i guess the mercedes appeal can't be stopped (they weren't the first ones obviously but they made it well enough to catch some eyes)

>I sold my cherokee for this

It's a love hate relationship, it's a cool car to bring to meets and is decent on the trails but it doesn't have the torque of my old straight 6. Hopefully the rebuild I'm doing will let me gain 1-2 hp. What is /org/ working on currently?

I sold my old Beetle for this truck. But its got a bad vibration that only shows up in a certain gear at a certain speed. I have to figure out where its coming from.

picked up a jack a couple weeks ago
>finding a place to mount is a bitch

Put it inside, lay it behind your front seats. That's how I do...

TPS or some other engine sensor?

was going to do that but a part of me says that it really should be strapped down in case of a serious accident

if i had a regular cab pick up that's where i'd put it

Extended cab.

>inb4 clean trucc
Meh, it's a work vehicle that sees mud and hills. Clean it once a week and ends up like this after one contract out of the city

Do you have a toolbox in your bed?

That's where I keep mine

6' tall phenolic spacer sticking out the top of the car should net a 70ft-lbs gain with the 1bbl

is that a FAMAS?

Give me a clip so I can do some damage

TRUCC GUN

clean your shit, dude

After typing that, i realised how really messy it actually was.

Muh accountability. Spent 30 min cleaning it after.

>canadian

What do you guys pack for a weekend excursion? Also what happened to the overlanding general?

What makes you think any of that shit? The 4.5 diesel still remains relatively frugal, even if tuned for big boost and fuel. As with any diesel it depends how it's driven.
The only limiting factor in tight technical trails is length, otherwise the J-MACX rear end has exceptional travel compared to the factory leaf sprung rear.
Personally, I'd love to look at the pass through drive on the lead rear differential. Apparently it remains a full floater 9.5" Landcruiser centre with a custom J-MACX designed housing.

I know this example uses the Mark's Adapters portal reduction hubs, and I have a feeling it also uses the Mark's Adapters 6L80E auto conversion.

Personally I'd happily forgo the 6x6 for "just" the J-MACX coil conversion and keep it 4x4. Keep the manual and throw on a Mark's Adapters overdrive splitter box for mah highway MPGs.

>tent, pad, food, bottled water, water purifier, cooking stove, sleeping bag, sling shot, extra gas, and weed

>tfw new super swampers are due to arrive today
So excited guys

nice

who dis slut

What size? Standard TSLs?

Your momma

33x12.5x15 tsl biased ply

Truck is already loud, it rides rough, and I don't go any faster than 55mph so why not right? So long as you keep the tire pressure right a rotate them often they last a good while

I love loud tires, I have 37" PitBull rockers, they sound like a B52 bomber going down the road way... Ha

Gotta love super swampers, tough as nails

Post moar. /ORG/ is a nice place.

anyone know anything about fj60's? i found a good deal on one. I just want to know what to look for so i dont get stuck with a pile of shit

Winter Prepping sucks...

Any one else prepping for snow?

Not really - first snow is anticipated to come sometime this week, but even if it does it'll only be 3-4 inches, and no reason to put on my winter tires

There has been nothing about snow in my forecast yet, but I just know its coming soon and I'm not going to be read for the road salt.

So currently on just pulling off the skid pans and sanding down the surface rust and fixing those. I also gotta get my A/C control unit fixed...

it a thicc

nice super slicks crow

fuck off crow

why does everyone hate crow

Fuck yeah super swampers

I went in sand dunes in a 2012 Jeep Liberty. The 4wd system was great, and was definitely the best part of the Jeep. The power was slightly lacking, but not largely so. The front suspension was too soft, and bottomed out too easily, especially over whoops. Overall, it was a decent experience, I rate it a 4/10.

I also would like to add that I stayed in 4hi and first gear most of the time.

Also, clearance was mostly not an issue. I only scrapped the front bumper at the bottoms of dunes twice out of several hours of driving. I stayed out of an area that was full of extremely short and steep hills. It looked like an area more suited to more capable off-road vehicles.

What are they going on?

the 'ol dookie brown dodge

Gonna be a hundred time better then those bald ass tires it has now, post pics of new tires mounted! Should look sick

hey /org/ are automatic transmissions haram when it comes to off roading? Or is a modern automatic just as good at handing sand/dirt/rocks/mud etc as manual?

Honestly most of the time an automatic is probably better, but many people still prefer manual it'll really depend on who you ask.

I was under the impression that autos were preferred

thanks anons, the rest of Veeky Forums usually REEEEs at any mention of automatics so I was curious

think it depends, mine is a newer offroader and has knobs for different terrains and inclines. It's my daily as well so I'd want the auto anyway. Either way gas mileage is shit.

it all comes down to personal preference

auto is easier for rock crawling and deep mud but there are many people running stick shift rigs on rocks and in mud and having used both i prefer manual because its more enjoyable for me

>tl;dr it doesn't matter

They both have upsides, gotta pick which gives you the advantage you want.

Keep up the good work, guys

Sorry! Forgot to include it in the title but anything that does not require travelling on a road in a car goes on this general.

Spade, Guns, Recovery tools, Food, GPS, at least three TayTay CDs, Cot, Cabin fever cure (normally just alcohol and or other funsticks), Bug repellent, Gas / diesel, Jacks, Outside contact in case of stuck and emergencies, Bae.

I think it's time for you to leave, user.

.308?

>mfw i got my wife to not disagree with me buying a 60 series for no reason
>mfw i have multiple trucks i am not considering
>mfw i have no idea why im doing this but i cant stop

The Rem 700 is in .223. I have another Remington 700 chambred in .220 SWIFT.

Have a few .308s, too.

Tfw you can't own guns yet cause your a fucking leaf

It's hard to argue against automatics anymore. They're better in most ways. I prefer a 6 speed and steep low range with a hand throttle. Just feels more badass and satisfying

>tfw did the CFSC 6 months ago and have been sitting on the paperwork since
>my brother for like 2-3 years

I am a leaf,
Checked
.222 Remington.

y

I Miss Harper....

where he lives I think it's actually a bitch and a half to get the picture for it. I've just had a lot of weird shit happen.

Also I found out yesterday on some Ontario website that that Raglan Pits sand pit is still legally an active sand pit owned by LaFarge. I keep finding places I've hooned in for years without knowing it was illegal.

ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/find-pits-and-quarries

The picture I took with my phone and printed it out on my computer and cut it out with scissors to send to the RCMP. It's a really funny picture, actually.

Anyway, yeah that pit is illegal but never watched. OPP can't go that far in, MNR doesn't go this south. Every time I'm there during the day, I hear dirt bikes there. Gotta head out to North Bae to get those really nice swaths of land.

The DRPS helicopter cares more about it than anyone else now anyway. And they don't even do anything if you just leave when they show up up there. But I did personally see police Tahoes at the entrance when a helicopter landed in the pits to save a biker late last year. I wish there were more sand pits like that place. I know North of Thunder Bay there's a bunch.

Pic is from an old iron mine in between Red Lake and Ear Falls, Ontario. I think that area was my first offroading experience now that I think about it. I've seen a bunch of videos on youtube from Manituoba of places exactly like what I like from a guy called Starpuss.

>Bae
IS THAT A ROUGH COUNTRY ADD ON FOR YOUR SUBARU OR SOMETHING!?!?

Bae rhymes with tay.

Well fuck, here we go

Got my Gibson exhaust in for my 4runner and Holy fuck the tips are huge. Think they are like 5 inches each. Hope to get it installed this weekend and then go mudding or something.

>5" nigger tips
cut those fuckers off

>implying you wheel

Fuck off poser. Starbucks calls.

Should look fine on it since it's lifted and huge tires.

Why rebuild the engine when you could swap it for something... More interesting...

Huge tires? You know that anything less than 37" isn't a huge tire. So your 285/75-16s don't count as huge...

Subaru or Porsche flat 6

No one cares about your poor shit build.

So it what world is a K5 with LQ4, 4 speed granny low transmission, 1 tons and 43" SXs a shit build? LOL

IFS Toyota fags are the worst...

Keep in mind you're talking to blue pavement queen 4runner guy. The massive faggot who overpaid for a mediocre prebuilt setup, doesn't wheel, and doesn't wrench.

You forgot the poor part.

Was cheaper than any other 2016 4runner. Also having no payments is nice.

Price out building a 1 ton, engine and trans swapped K5 with 43" tires. If I don't have 10k minimum into the build I'd be surprised. My suburban on 41.5" PitBull rockers with 1 ton axles cost about that and I didn't change the engine or transmission.

Alright poorfag

I didn't know, i'm still a noob , i was wondering about the diesel dirt it produces inside the engine, how do people clean that off?? Full engine disassembly and cleaning with new coating or just some liquid mixed with diesel when low on fuel??