How do you feel about your car Veeky Forums?

How do you feel about your car Veeky Forums?

>tfw being in my car

>not the shitbox I wanted, but I didn't want to spend twice the money and my cousin was selling it anyway
>feels like I bought it just as things are really starting to show their age, vacuum hoses and so on are getting old
>try and fix one thing and two more things crop up, make rookie mistakes because it's a first car
I guess I'm happy I've got a car, but it I'm definitely buying something nicer and newer next time even if I have to finance it.
It mostly runs right now, despite some annoyances, and the mileage is good.

everytime i do anything to it I find a new courtesy feature or easter egg from the manufacturer like follow-me-home lights and the way the headlight lenses arent actually glued onto the bracket, yet still dont fog up

I fucking hate it

I have a very old v8 that is very very slow but has a nice cam sound and the exhaust is cool

The issue is with the older v8s, you can't make good power without throwing a lot of money into forged internals and goign forced induction

The body is also fucked up, so I don't like driving it around

I don't want to sell it either but I can afford the engine upgrades or just buy a new challengner, camaro or mustang

I just dont know what to do since i hate driving an older shitbox around new lexus and acuras that have much more power than your older shitbox v8

I should probably just drop a supercharger, injectors, fuel pump upgrade and tune

Might as well, but with this engine you can only make 400hp safely with forced induction..

I fucking hate it

It's not any sort of status symbol, and it's not a performance monster, but I go out at 3 am on weekends and spin around until sunrise because it just feels like the first time I fell in love, all over again.

It's a love hate relationship. I hate the thing, it was a mistake, and a very expensive one at that. Its taken most of my money to get working properly and it still has big outstanding problems. The interior isn't ready to go back in yet, and there's a huge hole in the floorboard. The reverse lights don't work and I don't know why. The headlight relay harness quit working and I don't know why. The AC clutch wires are tied together and I can't find the lead from the relay.

None of that matters when I'm driving it. I finally have the truck I wanted for six years and I couldn't be happier.

Sell it and get a different car, don't pour all that money into a turd. For the same amount of dosh you can get something better.

Car isn't worth much so I don't know how to sell it and who would want to buy it

I'd let it go for $2500 and be done with it but no idea how I can sell the turd...

You'd be surprised, just list it on craigslist and autotrader and wait for emails/texts/calls

I love it but full disclosure I'd basically love anything because my mildly abusive parents purposefully tried to make me never learn to drive so I'd be dependent on them forever.

As someone who's still new to driving and scared to speed, she goes fast enough for me since she hits 75 no problem and I really don't care after that for now. She feels much nicer to drive than the car I learned to drive in.

She came with plenty of scratches and dents from the previous owner, but they're more of a feature than a bug because it sends the idea to other people that I'm not a good driver so please stay away from my car. Haven't made a single dent myself, but they don't need to know that. Had a couple simple problems when I bought her that taught me a little about working on my own car (dead headlight and brake light, fucked up side mirror, really fucked up brake caliper on one tire).

Biggest plus: I don't depend on other people to help me with shit like going grocery shopping now. Maybe not a big deal to everyone else, but it's huge for me that I can go anywhere any time I want to. Best car ever.

Love it. Honestly.

Its underpowered, its got fuck-all equipment and it was overpriced - but it suits me just so well that all is forgiven.

It doesn't use tons of fuel, it has room for everything I'll ever want to bring, it gets to wherever I want to go, and it has so far been perfectly reliable

>because it sends the idea to other people that I'm not a good driver so please stay away from my car.
My car also came with some dings and nobody ever parks near me besides other shit boxes. Never really noticed that until now.

But I park at the end of the lot most of the time though

Yours doesn't count though

Thats a special model only sold in euro land

Also, don't tell me its a manual trans

>I-is it a manual trans?

Just buy a new car and sell the shitbox

Wait what? Its the same model offered everywhere except for the US and Canada I believe

And it kinda have to be manual - to the best of my knowledge this model was never offered with automatic in Europe

>And it kinda have to be manual - to the best of my knowledge this model was never offered with automatic in Europe

Euros know what they're doing with trucks

I usually park near the end of the lot too, but when I get the courage to park near the entrance, I don't find new cars parked next to me when I'm back at the parking lot. I don't know what the previous owner did to this thing, but there's a massive dent in one side, one headlight housing that's clearly been replaced much more recently than the other, and some moderate scratches on the other side. It's not like horribly deformed, but it's noticeable, that's for sure.

I mean, yes of course I could have gotten something better for the price I paid. But my grandfather gave me the money and said I should buy a jetta and so I bought a jetta. Diesel too so last tank I got 1000 km before refueling. A beauty in the right light as well.
Ignore my malformed legs in the pic.

I love being in my car, its one of my pleasures

it may be a shitbox, but its MY shitbox. And I adore because I own it. I compound and polished the paint myself and always have a fresh layer of wax on it, got rid of all rust and then rust proofed it, detailed the interior so practically looks brand new and smells fresh as fuck, detailed the engine bay, never cheap out on tires, put on cold air intake, new sound system+sound proofing and upgraded brake calipers

Thanks for reminding me to listen to some twitty today my dude

Who the hell would want an automatic transmission in a rough workmans vehicle powered by a poor 2.5 diesel?

It's fun and doesn't get me in trouble. Great steering with fast ratio, good infotainment, solid shifter, reliable, many torks, fits all my stuff, motivates me to lose weight, has all the features I want, got a foot of air at 200kph and didn't break, gets 32 burger MPGs. I have no major complaints but several minor ones.

Got sideswiped in the first 3000km, and had to replace the door. The door is no longer properly mounted, and I can see/hear it shake over rough roads. There are a couple other bad noises in the interior as well, as expected of Mexican Ford build quality. I have to drown it out with AC/wind noise/music. Doesn't look particularly good from any angle expect the back. It doesn't launch well due to FWD and has as much power as a 1.6L engine can have. Also has a bit too much rev hang.

It's a hamstermobile.

It's okay.

I feel like it'll last a long time, but I really don't feel much attachment to it.

It just works.

Comfy and warm

Its that new hrv. I liked the inside when I went to go look at it with my pops. I never got to test drive it or I woulda gone with a sedan if I knew I was getting a new car. I though I was getting a used one. Anyways they got me the car...and I liked it for a few months until its quirky nature started to show and the fucking horid cvt (mind you its the best one available for the class) I kinda snapped one day on them about buying a car without testing and how I hate it not because the car but the money they used could have bought better(essentially I felt like they got played tryingto do a nice thing for me) and whatever but I have literally grown to like it. It hums along in the snow and isnt a conventional "suv" ride height. Anyways long story short I am very blessed to have been able to get any new car so I now feel bad about my statements.