What would you change about the current Formula 1 regulations, if they would take effect next season? If not that...

What would you change about the current Formula 1 regulations, if they would take effect next season? If not that, what would make you watch Formula 1 (outside of having to wake up at 7am if you're a burger)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ni5SHyxzYvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NA 3.5liter V12 engines

Bigger tires

Less wings

Trash can the whole thing, can't put the toothpaste back in the tube at this point, it's ruined. Pick up where Can Am left off.

>No penalties for gearbox/engine swaps
>Tire war
>Success penalty like in Super GT so that one or two manufacturers can't win every race

Maximum 400hp
Minimum 600kg
No limits on budgets
Force patents to expire in 1 year

Isn't the issue with Formula 1 that the engineering is too good? I could have sworn that a lot of the regulations are put in place specifically to stop the computer from doing a better job than the human driver. They could design perfect track devouring monsters that stay glued, never miss an apex, always brake perfectly, always reach optimal speed before entering a given corner.
If the problem is that the tech is too good then we need to make tracks harder.

this and h pattern shifters

Engine (including accessories but not including the exhaust of course) must fit within a certain space rather than be a certain particular displacement and aspiration method.
No turbines though.

>If the problem is that the tech is too good then we need to make tracks harder.

You wouldn't prefer seeing an F1 car without traction aids, more mechanical grip, less aero battling classic circuits?

other than engines, the 2017 cars have smaller rear wings and bigger tires compared to the previous 5 years worth of cars.

Unless you want BIGGER tires, pic related

that's why they put the limitations, so teams have to figure out new ways to solve older problems.

The budget thing they put up so that "not only the big rich teams win" is kinda trashy and it's delaying progress. The changes they made this year made me go back to watching F1 frequently. I might be the only one thought but I hope not, F1 is one of the things that bond me with my old man

Racing exists primarily for two reasons.
1.) Advertisements
2.) Tech development

No company is going to participate in the races if you stop letting them develop new shit to make the cars better. It'd be a tough sell to say you'd be reducing driver safety by taking away their modern assistance systems too. Though if you remove that human element too much its just a tech wank and its too boring for people to get really interested in the competitive aspects of driver vs driver.
More technical tracks is the logical answer. We shouldn't stop until we're full on Wipeout levels.

motorsports belongs on .

You're not going to get any real discussion on this board, OP.

A C T I V E SUSPENSION
A
C
T
I
V
E

Shut the fuck up.

well Ferrari gets $90 million just for showing up because they've "been in the sport for so long", meanwhile Sauber only gets a $70 million budget

in no way am i disagreeing with you, im just saying, the "not only the big rich teams win" thing is semi-necessary

pic is from 2013, so take it with a grain of salt

oh, i never even saw that /sp/ had an F1 general, my bad.i assumed since i saw motorsport related stuff here it fit, but w/e.

however i am getting some decent discussion

Yes; harder circuits are in order; also a purging of the nostalgiafags who want muh v12 for the sheer sake of the sound instead of the tech advancements the sport brings.

No offence to other smaller teams but I can't like Sauber after they got sponsored by "Banco do Brasil", my country state bank ( this is kind of political thought and 99% of people might not give a fuck)

The limitations for the budget should be a lot smaller, great teams can go far without great budgets, just look at Lotus receiving less than 1/2 of Red Bull's budget

i've grown to appreciate the sound the V6s make during the 2016 and 2017 seasons - i havent been to a GP yet but you wont be needing a set of earplugs or active headphones like they did during the V12/V10/V8 years

Saw F1 at CoTA last year and saw the WEC cars this weekend, the difference in sound is huge. Definitely didn't need earplugs for F1 but I would be surprised if I don't have hearing damage after 6 hours of the WEC cars.

Nothing, ill just watch touring car masters instead of f1 because it is superior in every way.
youtube.com/watch?v=ni5SHyxzYvA

oh god that crash after the first corner, god damn thats hard to watch.
please tell mo those cars are replicas

>2.0l
>V8
>turbo

Bring back the screaming V8's or V10's. The goddamn gurgling fart noises they make now are a travesty.

Make the regs, whatever they are, fair and reasonable across all teams so all the advantage doesn't keep going to the richest teams. Not saying I want homogeneous cars just make the financial burdens of running a team fair across the board.

Fuck you and your "tech advances", this is entertainment not a fucking Silicon Valley startup.

>3.5 litre
I think you mean 6.5 litre

In 2021 they introduce new engines.

Current plan is for twin-turbo V6 hybrids, but without the current MGU-H (heat to electrical energy system).

That'll make the engines louder and cheaper to make.

Porsche, Aston Martin, McLaren and Cosworth have all shown interest in becoming engine manufacturers for this new formula.

>replicas

Hahahahahahahaha

These are the cars that didn't win the championship or the bathurst 500/1000 (Aus's big race of the year).

Yes they are real cars. Yes they are mostly original, there are some minor modifications in the name of not being a dumbass, but the original parts will usually be in the collector's shed or the musem the car usually sits in, and/or may or may not return to after the race. Depending on how the race goes for it.

Don't they do this anywhere else or is it just us?

>inb4
>2JZ
>RB26DETT
>Ford Barra

H patterns are objectively shit though, even for DD

You don't know how bad you have it until you've ridden a motorcycle. H patterns are for trucks.

>but cletus how will I skip from 2 low to 3 high

>Wipeout Racing League becomes a real thing.

Fantastic.

I don't know what this is meant to mean

they should go straight 6 with turbos

Tube frame
Spec sheet metal body
358 ci 800 hp NA V8
Absolutely no aero effects of any kind
2.35 inch spoiler
Ovals