Why do you faggots

care so much about handling?
Do you live next to picrelated?
Aren't there police busting your balls all the time?
Do you actually race on tracks?

Just asking since I don't understand all the love for the BRZ, I'd rather drive a V8 car that doesn't handle as good but instead has 400lbs of torque and a nice sound

Good handling helps you perform quick maneuvers. It could save your life or at the very least help you avoid a minor accident.

But V8's do handle. They got Brembos with rotors larger than weeb wheels are, sway bars inches thick, and pull lateral G's just as much as sports cars.

To each their own. I've daily'd a 350hp V8 that had blown struts and shocks for 4 years. Then turned around and bought a miata and have much more fun driving that than the torque heavy V8.

Both are fun. But I prefer turning over not turning

Give me a nice little inexpensive lightweight one, then. I'd buy the fuck out of something like a miata with an LS1 swap, especially if it came in a slightly larger 2+2 format.

But I do and I run this road at least 3 days a week.

>Do you actually race on tracks
Yes. It's $100 for an all day pass. Cheaper than the bare minimum for speeding tickets.
>Do you live next to pic related
Yes.
>Police busting your balls
They'll bust your balls for stoplight grand prix shit, highway pulls, and a loud exhaust more often than they'll bust your balls for back road fuckery. Seriously.

I had a motorcycle once, a honda super hawk. Loud pipes save lives and all that. I ended up at a stoplight next to a cop. Pulled away at the speed limit, short shifting. Disco lights. Fix it ticket even though I had the baffles in because the pipes weren't stamped as road legal and he thought it was decatted (it didn't even come with them stock). I just put the stock pipes on and figured the extra 10lbs wasn't a big deal. A tube of RTV and ten minutes with a wrench costs less than court time.

Later, I was given a warning for "exhibition of speed" because I always pull away from lights faster than everyone else if I can because I don't like to be next to people who change lanes while staring straight ahead.

>care so much about handling?
Because corners are fun to go as fast as your vehicle can
>Do you live next to picrelated?
Yes
>Aren't there police busting your balls all the time?
No
>Do you actually race on tracks?
No

>I'd rather drive a V8 car that doesn't handle as good
Then drive one that does. My V8 handles great, but it only weighs in at 3,000 lbs, so that's part of it.

You do realize we can like both, right?
Also, yes I do live nearby something like that.

>do you live next to pic related?
yes. I have a lot of roads like the one in your pic through the forests with zero cops and close to no traffic and I also have a lot of mountains and mountain roads like this in my country.
>is the police busting your balls all the time?
never. unless you're a faggot and literally attempt to """"""drag race""""""" on city streets.
>do you actually race on tracks?
no. it's too expensive for what it is: a shit track with like 4 or 5 corners way too far away from me. fuck that, I'll stick to my forest touges.

I can understand both wanting a BRZ and V8 muscle car or a powerful car in general. you can have both user.
a light tossable car with low horsepower is perfect for the kinds of roads I drive, but I can't deny it's fun as hell to be in a powerfull car and just fucking blast that shit full throttle. it's a shame there's no roads long enough here for that, most of them are very technical and suited to cars like the BRZ or sub 300hp cars.

is a classic v8 muscle car that weighs 3,200 or less tossable?

>Why do you care so much about handling?
It's fun. So's accelerating, but there's more involved in entering and exiting a turn. You do a little dance as you brake, blip, downshift, and dive into the turn. Then you start to accelerate, but you're still turning so even in a slow car you can't just slam the throttle - you're inching your way onto it as you dial back the steering and feel the driven wheels scramble for grip. Finally you're out and you get to enjoy a moment of straight-line racing.
We do have good roads nearby. Best part is they're more likely to be empty. Traffic here sucks.
I'm much more likely to get a ticket for accelerating fast than turning hard. You get in huge trouble for anything that looks like drag racing... been that way since the first F&F movie came out.
Done it once, but I only really autocross - I don't currently have a car I can afford to crash on a track.

Its not like handling is expensive.

no but to getting your shitbox to handle like its on rails is way more fun than buying a 2016 boring econobox

Yes

I prefer something fun to ride than something with absurd power. I've got some twisty roads around me pic related

Thick sway bars aren't good

>handling>powa but i like both
>pic related
>na. Never even been pulled over. Probably cause i don't drive a rice box like a faggot.
>all the tracks are overrun with faggots

yes
no
no, they're expensive

I do live next to twisty roads, actually.

They do handle, like a fucking boat

Having driven my friends 2.0L Mazda3, if I had to pick between "handles well but is completely fucking gutless" and "handles like garbage but can actually pull" I'll take the latter

are you implying a don't drive a v8 sedan that weighs over 1600kg?

because i do.

It's more fun
Yes I live in the mountains
No there are no police that give a fuck
I do not race on tracks

I live close enough to a few mountain roads that I only need half a day to enjoy myself.

I finding pushing a car hard through corners more fun than accelerating off the line.

I don't really care that much for grip and or lateral G's its more so the feel and fun of a car that drives nicely. I didn't enjoy my miata that much but absolutely love the way my e30 drives. Its exciting

You just said that all that torque feels nice, similarly, good handling feels nice.

I have a V8 myself, an E39 540i, but I'm putting a lot of time and effort into handling because it's a nice feeling. Also, my friends' VW's outrun me on the touge because of turns, and that's just not kosher with me.

>that tfw your cat sits into a corner and it feels like you're riding a rollercoaster

I do live near many roads like that and drive them daily. I've only lost two races in the past decade.

everyone loves a smooth, tight puss. just like a steering wheel. nobody wants, or likes a loose fat as fuck gooch.

>Aren't the police busting your balls all the time?
>I'd rather drive a V8 car that has 400lbs of torque and a nice sound
Nigga what the fuck are you trying say?

what is it?

V8 posters don't think this critically. The funniest part is that the op describes good handling and v8 as diametrically opposed. The post should be "why do some people prefer handling to overall top speed and torque"

>yes
>no
>no

burgers get out

I wish I lived near even a single windy road.

Yes, I do

>live at the base of a mountain range with a fuck ton of different twisty roads of all varieties
>steep twisties with back to back hairpins
>twisties with long, sweeping high speed turns
>one way twisties with a road and turns so narrow you think you're going to fly off any second
>flat twisties with wide arcing turns perfect for practicing skids
and to top it all off,
>huge active touge scene, usually 50-100 different cars coming through in one night
>decent sized rest stop parking lot at the top that's halfway from almost every run where people go to shoot the shit with other drivers and smoke ciggies between runs

I've gone up there at 3 am on weekdays and there's still usually 10-15 people at this rest stop who came up to do runs

feels like some in real life initial d shit, half of my phone contacts are people I only knew from up there who would hit me up at 2-3 am asking me if I wanted to go hit the touge. used to go 2-3 times a week until I got busy, now I usually go once or twice a month.

I feel sorry for all anons who don't have anything like this near them

I do live 30 minutes away from pic related.
Pretty much 0 police on that road.
I'd try a track after brake upgrade.

where, what country
plz share user

Bilstein

tell us some stories

Find it more engaging than going straight
Not that one, but yes
No, they have almost zero reason to wander there, they can throw a lot more fines to people not stopping at crosswalks in city centers
Hell, I wish. Closest track is 300km away at prohibitive prices

No the roads round here are much more twisty and fun.

>It's $100 for an all day pass

Thanks for the sadness. These fucks over here charge 300€ for a full day, insurance still not included.

The Sierra Nevada mountain range is my playground. If i lived in Iowa i would def be more into muscle. But for now I drive a gutted single cam s13 with 2k in suspension and absolutely no power increasing mods. I work less than a min away from a seriously kickass 8 mile canyon.

hotdamn user, what contry? and like this user said pls stories

I live in England. When I'm not swerving to dodge retards there is plenty of corners out there.

probably not but it's very similar.
fucking city cucks.

Why does "v8" still mean "power" in 2017?

Id rather have a Focus RS than a catfish Camaro desu.

T. Assmad flyover state user

he was just larping

No, they prefer to hang out where they can get lots of tickets quickly an easily, so more major wide roads with fewer bends or where people try the traffic light drag.

Something with two seats that's really fucking fast.

Actually yes to first question. Where I live most of roads are like spaghettis. Not everyone lives in straightfreedomland Op.

Still the easiest way to make a fuckload of power reliably and with simple engineering. Imagine blowing up a 350 chevy on friday and putting in a new one running driving before monday morning. Try finding a replacement focus engine in that time let alone installing it..

dude had one at it was fucking fast

You don't even need finely tuned suspension or a powerful engine, you just need an all rounder. I've seen stock third gen camries run circles around most track cars, and take turns much faster and much harder than even the nimblest miatas. Then again, Camries are disposable.

Its not the most unrealistic thing I go to huge fast and furious core street races that shut down blocks in miami.

This is probably larping, but I want to believe

it's pretty common with motorcyclists actually

they all hang around the same corner with a little pull off area because you can fit like 30 bikes there and watch each other go by

when the cops show up everyone gets away except for the guy who though 250 was enough

>good handling car is small and lightweight
>try to dodge cunt in pickup truck
>get hit anyway
>die because small car

POW vs DEX still favors POW in the automotive world.

it's STR retard

>This is what passes for twisty in some places

My condolences, user.

Sounds a lot like Southern California. I'm pretty much never more than an hour's drive from multiple touges where I live.

yes. it's called being european.

but atsv has even better handling

>fuck yeah European
>Netherlands

awww

>struts and shocks
>miata fags in charge of knowing shit about suspension

it's really creepy how artificial everything is there

OP is evidently american and lives in a place with only straight roads and right-angled turns.

I'm british. I live near better twisties than pic related. An american car would end up off the road there.

>your picture
>good twisty road
No. With no oncoming traffic you can cut those almost completely straight.

>EU
who the fuck exits on the inside of the corner?

christ come on man

Sort of, less visibility.

Not really, no.

Very few tracks around me, prefer quiet roads.

>that tfw your cat sits into a corner

What did the frog poster mean by this?

often

Yes
t.europe

yes

>cadiwreck
>handling
lol

Yes, feeling the G forces of leaning/turning side to side is an amazing experience. It's probably the highest expression of driving/riding.
There are so many goddamn twisties in the area
Nope, I don't do anything weird in front of LEOs
Perhaps one day if I GIT GUD. I live near 4 tracks.

>why do you like thing?
>do you live next to:
I live 5 minutes from a nice road yes
>Arent the police busting your balls?
Care about thing because I don't have to be going fast to enjoy turns in rapid succession.
Done one trackday, building a better handling car while leaving daily unmolested.

grip>slip

>tfw imagining this
There is a spot that would be perfect for this about 25mi from where I live up in the mountains, but cops fucking camp right around all the corners.
Fuckin cunts. No reason we shouldn't be able to touge at 2am, no one is using the roads around then anyway. After seeing this bs and all their little hiding spots along the mountain passes I have confirmed cops are indeed scum.

>Do you live next to picrelated
I do