How do you enjoy a muscle car as an average driver?

There are countless incidents of people crashing their V8 Mustangs and Corvettes into ditches/trees/people because they can't handle the power. Obviously they lack skill and impulse control, but if you're not a race car driver who can control 500HP + RWD, how do you even have fun with your car? All you have to do is give it a bit too much gas, and you risk crashing like an idiot. Can you just never go WOT unless you're on the highway?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4lDKxtJbWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>but if you're not a race car driver who can control 500HP + RWD, how do you even have fun with your car?

you either sell it and buy a Miata because its way more fun with less horsepower

or drive slow everywhere as what most muscle cars owners do as they can't actually handle all the horsepower.

If I had a dollar for every Mustang that raced my FiST, only to spin out into a guardrail soon after start, I'd have 2 dollars.

Having a basic understanding of physics and your cars limitations goes a long way. Many of these tards don't have the basic understanding to recover when Burnouts or drifts go out of control.

>muh miata
>muh never need more than 46 hp

Yeah you have to know when it's OK to romp it a little. Protip: unless it is OK for sure then it is NOT OK. lol

Drive 300+ hp, 400+ ft lbs tq daily.. Not as much as some but enough that in lower powered cars I drove before I had some fuck ups which would have been worse had I had more HP at that time.

It's easy recovering on Assetto of Forza, but I'm not sure I can trust my reflexes if things got squirrely in real life

lots of those retards turn off stability control and such because they think they are a pro racer

leave them on and you wont die

>here are countless incidents of people crashing their V8 Mustangs and Corvettes into ditches/trees/people

This is objectively false, you fucking fagnerd. There are many idiots, but most American muscle cars have heinously low insurance claims. Ask me how I know; went from a late model 5.OOOHHHHHHH to a WRX. The Rustang was dirt, I mean DIRT cheap, while the WRX is nearly double. Get your shit straight, nigger.

This, also a lot of times they are just doing it in the wrong time and place (slick roads/traffic) and have cheap tires to boot, probably worn from burnouts.

My first car was an 02 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. Drove it through a michigan winter and plenty rain. Never once spun out, got stuck anywhere. Always kept it on the road. Did plenty stop light launches and donuts for fun. I loved that car.
Only reason it crashed was an old blind lady darted in front of me. I slammed on the brakes but couldn't stop in time. Totalled my shit and she ran off.
I really don't understand how people have so much trouble driving these things. It's just about being smart.
Obviously when it's raining you cant smash the gas pedal while exiting a round-a-bout, but I see people do it every time and almost spin out. Its hilarious.

this. i drive a rwd 80's jap shitbox with like 100 hp. i'm chirping tires and doing neutral drops at every stoplight, ebraking around corners, and doing powerslides into parking lots.

slow car fast > fast car slow

Lol look at this retard.

What car?

Stop role playing, you fucking faggot

If your car still runs and they take flight you chase after the fucker and get their plate then pull over and make a police report by phone.. Ask me how I know - he got fucked big time.

Wow must be awesome taking 10 seconds to get up to freeway speeds.

You aren't going to daily drive a 500hp car period, at least not reliabily.

Got about 330hp to the wheels in my 302 foxbody and I hardly ever need to go past 25% throttle daily driving. Gas mileage also sucks.

My daily driver is a 96 Corolla. Can't even spin tires when wet, but gets ~35mpg.

I'm gonna buy an eclipse or eagle talon to boost on stock until it blows up for fun.

I literally just kicked my ass end out 10 mins ago in a 600rwhp car. I do daily drive it

Recovery with irs is more simple imo, but I really have more experience on my live axle GT. Both are easy for me. But without sticky tires, it really is hard to go WOT with any bumps in the road...curves? Of course not. Unless i wanted an insurance claim. Its just all about controlling the throttle

Also,
Having instant 600wtq is exhilarating. You're correct that you cant go WOT everywhere. How does that make it not fun? Thats implying that having any ability to oversteer with throttle just makes something totally unusable and not viable. Nonsense...

I feel like this is just a thread to make people with less than 100 ft lb of tq feel better. Anything else is pigfat and slow right?

If you had a mustang or camaro instead of a camry or civic, you might understand

>stoplight
Does your boifriend make you drink cum?

You can't really hold up a fox to a corolla and compare mpgs. What transmission and rear end do you have?

What's your car? I'd feel pretty nervous DDing the Capri with 600hp but a heavier car with better suspension would probably be fine. Too bad I'm too poor for an SRT8 of any kind so I won't find out until everything's electric and I won't be able to afford gas for a $3k used one.

Steering was dead. Cops found her tho.

>He has TC or SC
Topkek
Got sideways going to work this morning in my camaro, shit was cash
>You aren't going to daily drive a 500hp car period, at least not reliabily.
You'll spend a lot on gas and comsumables but if it's a reliable 500hp car what's the fucking problem?

>How do you enjoy a muscle car as an average driver?

I had a '04 V6 and now a '17 5.0 and the answer is simple, don't drive like a retard.

Here's some tips

>Run very good quality all season or summer tires, but have all season's for cold weather.
>Don't WOT or be retarded when it's wet out
>Don't floor it in turns
>Have adequate brakes
>PREVENTITIVE MAINTENANCE
>Don't start with one of those new high power cars, start with a slower RWD to get used to it. Older V8's or V6's...

It ain't fucking hard

Heres the general rule of thumb i own a 500whp car
>are my tires hot?
I can skid
>do i have traction on
I cant skid
>is there any possible way i can wreck my car
>i dont skid

Its a mixture of impulse control/retardation that will fuck your shit up.

All those videos you see are people who arent experienced. When ever you see those people lose their shit and hit a crowd or a tree from a straight line don't know what they are doing. 100% of those accidents you see could have been prevented from just taking their foot off the gas

>Muh slow car fast

How's it feel to be having to justify being poor and slow? You can do all of that in a 400 hp+ V8 car on the daily while having a nice sounding engine and not getting crushed in every stop light pull by a mini-van

what is lift off oversteer

He didnt say anything about oversteering.

Snap oversteering and losing control of your car from a straight line are two different scenarios

If you buy a cheap car you can afford to light on fire, you won't fear crashing as much

>tfw you daily 445+hp

>chainlink license plate
Fucking awful

t. busrider

Fuck you for having a piece of shit license plate and then having my waifu on your mirror. Get out of my sight.

>WOT
whats this mean

Wide open throttle

I just picked up an 07 z06 and I haven't taken traction control off yet. Still getting the feel for her. My poor s2000 hasn't come out of the garage since.

Best sunscreen, I've had mine for years.

Wot Otomotive Technology

Yeah it looks gud too.

Wrfixit
Ogain
Tony

Whileni do agree with the sentiment, these days you can buy something fun and RWD that's Japanese, without having to go under or overboard on HP. My R33 puts out about 180bhp and its both perfectly comfortable to hand let for a relative beginner, as well as being fun to zip around in.

Overall more important than 300BHP is a car that fucking glues itself to the road you're driving, when it comes to fun driving.

I drive like a retard and haven't died, what am I doing wrong?

>tfw no sweet release of death

I don't have a 500HP muscle car, but I daily an '04 Mustang GT now. Nothing about the power has ever felt dangerous or uncontrollable. It's comfy power--you know you can pass anyone on the highway if you need to. I don't think I'd want to daily a Hellcat or anything crazy but I wouldn't mind ~350HP.

Honestly though, other than on the highway I had a lot more fun driving my NA Miata. Mustang is only fun when you can floor it and feel the V8. Miata could be hooned around like a mad cunt all the time. It was a lot more dynamic. Going up and down through the around town and whipping around corners was always a blast. Mustang gets up to speed without any fuss, engine doesn't like to rev,and it feels lifeless and heavy around corners.

the majority of people in new mustangs, camaros and challengers get basic v6 models and drive them just like the average camry owner

a smaller portion are dickheads and they wanted a car to reflect that, so they get the fastest car they can't handle and generally drive like the asshole they are and eventually wreck the shit out of their cockmobile

i'm guessing there are some out there that just want to be able to floor it in the passing lane they mistakenly think is the "fast lane"

not every moron dies

give it time though, you might be one of the lucky ones

>neutral drops
>ebraking around corners
>"power slides"
>not clutch kicking
Smells like an autotragic

what is even the point of having a rwd car if its auto. i can do all those in my shitbox teggy lmao

I don't own a jap shit box but I do have 2 cars. One is a 426 hp muscle car, the other is a sporty economy hatchback. The muscle car is either really fun or a chore. The economy car is more consistently fun, never a chore but also never as fun as the muscle car. If you want to enjoy a muscle car as a daily use the power to overtake, or to merge onto the freeway. Other than that it's just a big comfy ass cruiser. Don't drive it like a wannabe race car driver and you won't die.

HERE'S MY TOY CAR

"I bought it because I like the movie for children".

>tfw 470 and glued to the road

You seriously sound bitter as fuck dude

If you're smart you learn to hide from the power and only blast on the straights.

If you're an idiot you floor your 500+hp car with unrefined handling around corners and wrap it around a tree.

Oh, I hope so.

Even as the guy with yellow camaro with a mile long boner for GM, that mustang GT is hot as fuck. My dick dude.

Why not have both of both worlds?
>Comfy driving
Or
>470hp ass blast fun

Put your dick back - it's a 4 cylinder

shiiiiii well better ecoboost than a rental tier v6. Still looks dope.

Your only half wrong? Is that how it works?

Post dynos bench racing faggots

>DD a 67 el camino with a built 383 and a posi with 4.10 gears
>155s in the front 325s in the back
>know my car will try to kill me if I stab the throttle in a corner
therefore I don't stab the throttle in a corner when I'm driving a 600 hp car

Why not fatter in the front? Is it made for drags or someshit?

It's not for dragging exclusively, but I am partial to going fast in a straight line. If it had a cage I'd be willing to drive it out to a nearby 1/8th strip just for shits n giggles.

small front tires create less drag and create less friction, plus they look sweet as fuck on weld wheels

perfect example of the dickhead variety

let's hope he only kills himself when it happens

You just have to take it slow at first to learn your vehicle's limits.
My fun car is a 400hp V8, and I can use both banked mountain roads for handling, or empty highways for when I just want to go 150mph.
If you want the ability to attempt fast turns, etc. without consequence, go to a track (although if you have an expensive enough ride, you might want to be careful with even that).

Fugg. Daily an econocunt. Rented a Poostang for a week and fell in love, tearing up those cunt-tree roads and shiett. Makes me wish I was born in Bumfuck Alabammie and my mammie is my cousin Sammie.

DAT NOISE
DAT TORKS
DAT APPROVAL FROM REDNECKS
Yee haw I can't get enuff o dis der BubbadicKKK

>or empty highways for when I just want to go 150mph.

m8 i regulary drive my little 2000ccm l4 engine slk from 1998 at 150mph

at least push your stang some more

>slk from 1998
Hey, I had one of those.
Got rid of it because they're pieces of shit.

>they're pieces of shit
how so? i am having with mine for 2 years nonstop without major complications

*having fun

fuck

Alright regularfurreviews

>at least push your stang some more

I can't get my GT over 140. Don't think it has a limited but the car has the aerodynamics of a refrigerator.

Are you fucking serious?

my 4th gen camaro with the 3.8L has hit 150 with no limiter

what rpms are you at in last gear at that speed? if you are not hitting redline then somethings wrong

or maybe it's a stang thing, i dunno

>what is drag limited

Foot on the floor in 4th and it's not reaching redline. 260HP won't push a New Edge with all those scoops and shit over 150 on a good day.

>Foot on the floor in 4th and it's not reaching redline.

you are right, it really is a refrigerator in wheels, lmao

>""""""""""muscle"""""""""""" car
>literally chokes on its own fat

>buy a reliable cheap shitbox to commute when the wheather is bad and haul shit around
>buy a bike to go fast and have fun
That's not so hard now is it. You can laugh at all the carfags as you leave their overpriced ricebox that are 3 to 100 times as expensive as your bike behind.

And just because you can race doesn't mean you have to.

F-bodies go much faster than Mustangs of the same year. An LS1 Firebird is limited to 162 and'll do about 180 if it's been reprogrammed. An early 2000s Mustang runs out of power around 145.

>just because you can race doesn't mean you have to
This.
People try to race me constantly.
What still surprises me is how angry they get when I don't do it.

How do bikers do it with even more acceleration?
They simply know that this isnt their dads prius and that you carefully do your moves, otherwise youre dead before 21. If you arent aware of the danger because you drove weak cars your whole life and sit in a warm, comfy seat, you shouldnt buy such a car

youtube.com/watch?v=C4lDKxtJbWY

>tfw watching $600 craigslist hondas with built and turbo'd motors cuck V8s

It probably cost them less than half to two-thirds of the average price of a 5th gen 5.0 manual mustang to build that car too.

there are also countless incidents of people crashing 130hp shitboxes into ditches/trees/people but you just don't remember them because they don't fall into a stereotype

"ok"

>How do you enjoy a muscle car as an average driver?
>There are countless incidents of people crashing their V8 Mustangs and Corvettes
>Mustangs and Corvettes
>Muscle car
>Mustangs and Corvettes
>Muscle car
>Mustangs and Corvettes
>Muscle car

bikers have a brain infection that makes them reckless.

kys purist faggot. you know what he means

*overtakes you 15 years earlier*

But still they dont hit poles and trees throttling from a redlight, cuz they are suicidal but want to die going 100 on a togue, not hitting shit in the city

Does he even know what he means?

damn another oregonfag surprised I've never seen this before, definitely a car you would notice.

So are there any videos of Mustangs being driven well on Youtube? It's mostly vids of guys crashing at Cars n Coffee, or getting overtaken by Miatas.

That's because there are WAAAAYYY more old fags and women that own muscle cars - enough that it drives the overall insurance rates down.

The problem with cars like the WRX is that they're easy as fuck to drive with sky high limits - you can be an utter retard and the AWD, suspension, and stock summer max performance tires will pull you through most of the time. The WRX is also the kind of car that goads you into being a hooligan all the time.

However that makes a lot of people overconfident and think that they're better drivers than they actually are. Some folks go even farther and get fat sticky tires on 9.5" wheels then start cranking up the boost towards 300-400bhp. That range of feedback you get before the car finally lets go because you've pushed it too hard becomes razor thin and before you know it you've hit the corner too hard but it's already too late to make any corrections.

I grew up driving RWD trucks and shit for my grandfather's general contracting business, maybe that helped. I have only spun once and it was with the stock Perelli tires on a road with over an inch of solid ice on it, but I didn't have a choice. Otherwise, even in northern IL winters, the car has been fine. I'll actually have snow tires on the Brembo wheels this year so it should be even better.

I know several people that drive newer pony cars that absolutely shouldn't though, for sure. One in particular keeps wanting to race me even though he has crashed a 2006 Mustang GT, a 2009 Mustang GT, a 2012 Mustang GT, and I believe he fucked the passenger side wheels of his dad's GT350R trying to drift it. He's going to whack some spectators eventually.

My only problem so far, being a retard, is taking corners I can take much faster in my FWD econobox too fast and oversteering a little bit.

My mustang is stock though, so its probably only got around ~220 HP I guess

Drove my mustang through a michigan winter without a problem. It was fun watching explorers and wranglers soon out while I drove past them.
All it took was some blizzaks, weight in the trun and back seats, and a manual transmission.
I pretty much stayed exclusively in 3rd and 4th gear the entire winter.
Only going to 5th on actually dry roads.