>/rlg/ Teams
Makhbats Outta Hell:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/nikheizen.html
Serial Splatters:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/thaddeus.html
Tummy Slashers:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/prongedramen.html

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed) (embed) (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed) (embed) (embed)

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Lemonizer/morgue-Lemonizer-20170607-010956.txt
crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/Thaddeus/Thaddeus.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remember to try your best today user!

>DD of ru
does that even have enough healing

I'm not saying he should have run,fault was that he didnt heal despite having consumables and healing abilities on
Its a pretty easy combo for an experienced player

You do have to find some sort of vamp at some point though

Draw out power is barely better than a health pot tbqh, and drains you as well.

It's technically possible but any non-makhleb/trog DD game is pure suffering.

he might have used too many consumables already and thought that the run is a lost game in the long run

anyone else lost their love for statue form after haste was removed

The razor sharp links (embed) themselves in your thread!

you're literally not a man (i.e. an adult) until you've lost your virginity, tohugh

Yes.

>autoexplore walks you into the middle of the swamp worm vault
getting really tired of dying to stupid shit in lair

autoexplore is shit

>autoexploring when you recognized a vault
>didn't even exclude it if you really wanted to keep mashing o
Maybe you should actually learn from your lesson, senpai

what if youre a cute girl

why would you assume that i didnt learn
it's still irritating

>notice and avoid a player ghost and walk very far the fuck away
>hit auto explore on literally the other side of a huge map
>walks you right back up to the player ghost
wow

If I want firestorm online how do I do it? I've never gotten a spellcaster past a level 6 or 7 spell. Should I just pump 20 ish fire magic? already at 10 spellcasting 12 conjuration and 11 fire, have a ring of wizardry and a fire staff as well

that's not true. you're only an adult once you've taken a human life under your own power without justification by an outside authority.

It depends on your int as well, but i'd estimate that if you have 28 or so int, you can get it to non-yellow fail at 25/25/18 fire/conj/spc.

r u the same d00d who argues for population control

It'll take around 25 fire/conj, and a bunch of int. Generally what I do is get to a point where your defenses/fighting are decent, and KNOW that I can survive the rest of a 3 rune with them. After that, you invest it while reassessing if you can reasonably keep investing. It costs a bunch of exp for a good return, but it will almost always leave you lopsided as fuck. For a 3 rune game, you could try out that new ignition spell or OoD and transition a little later for an easier time.

thanks
>new ignition spell
I'm on .15 right now. I had just happened to have been lucky and found book of annihilation on d:4 as a red Dr so I guess I'll continue what I am doing until a bit later.

Shatter and tornado tend to be a lot easier to get online since theyre only 1 spell school. I'd recommend them

is pic related any good or am i better off just getting some freeware shit?

>kiting an orc warlord around the bailey
>an orc warrior with distortion brand shows up
>enslave him and watch them battle it out
One of the few times enslavement was worth it

Enslavement is a 10/10 wand (and was a 10/10 spell.) It gets you out of so many stupid situations.

Cant wait until bezotting will fuck up your degenerate playstyle and have the warlord hit you with double haste and triple might

cute 2d girls excepted of course

You're just going to come back to DCSS anyway, so why bother?

I'm stuck on a datura plant, and not even turning on my backup engine will let me move.

actually im a first time poster here and have no idea what DCSS is and just wanted opinions on CoQ

>its an oklob plant guarding the lair entrance episode
ok cool, i didnt want to win this guy anyways

no I'm against that guy he's an idiot who doesn't take responsibility for the situation and bitches out instead for his own benefit

i like cataclysm but i think its annoying sometimes

what font is that btw

>it's a three oklob plants, 2 Entropy Weavers and a buttload of assorted spiders guarding the 3 stairs to Spider:2 episode

but it's ok, gozag gave me a +14 CPA with rCorr, so that plant is fucked

it's good

In order to get the god win for gozag, do I actually have to ascend with him?

yes
Gozag the entire run, never having another god before

>Died in Zot:5 on my No-Lair run

End my suffering

At least I got the avarice banner

Well fuck, might drop him for an easy 15 runer

lol retard

Which combo?

Why is kiting seen as a problem? Using your abilities that aren't straight hit/blast dudes to kill something is a requirement for most characters.

MiFi, started as Oka until i cleared depths, switched to TSO and did a LOT of abyss scumming.

Morgue file for anyone interested, pretty easy up until I died, but I also got really nice Oka gifts and a Faerie dragon armor with clarity to offset my lack of intrinsic MR.

crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Lemonizer/morgue-Lemonizer-20170607-010956.txt

devs dont like things that are optimal but boring to do

>it's a two oklob plants guarding Temple episode

ah, the very special episode. my favorite

It's not all terrible.

no

what is bezotting

it was a feature being tested in an experimental branch. it isn't in current trunk or .20

when you walk away from monsters they have a chance (starting low but increasnig for each turn they chase you) to become permanently "bezotted", which makes them stronger and also faster so that they can catch up to you

As if energy randomization wasn't retarded enough already

What's the new stat meta on transmuters now that dex has been nerfed?

Is int literally the only stat worth using?

Even conjurers want str and dex now. Going pure int is usually very undesirable.

crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/Thaddeus/Thaddeus.txt

What's the win condition for a character like VsEn^Dith? Things are going pretty smoothly right now, but I'm unsure what I'll do against things I can't hex.

i think the idea was for it to replace energy randomisation

Hit shit with VSful damage and/or ninja runes/orb with shadow form.

hows that work? i dig dex for evade but str for reduced armor penalties ?

Not remotely true.

Unfinished early access
Made by goons
>paying for a roguelike

Don't bother with it

Strength gets more EV than dex if you have low strength and would like to wear something more substantial than leather.

what? why?

/rlg/ is more like DCSS general only

>rushing through Zot:5

yall mofos need to stop faulting to this

Berserked Orb Guardians are basically one of the most dangerous monsters in the game: up to 67 damage per hit. Add in the Haste due to Berserk, and then a bunch of other Orb Guardians, and you're fucked.

Take it easy. Remember that you can shout and lure. You had a wand of digging and already had two non-terrible killholes right outside the core: there was no way you'd have been overwhelmed if you had just let them come to you.

naga is harder than mummy

I had cleared out everything before the main chamber, and as I was retreating from trying to clear out a lung 5-6 orb guardians come running through the exit and sandwiched me, even after I had cleared it all out.

I guess they had wandered onto teleport traps and managed to come together right then and there.

its ok to play through, but its still as unfinished as it was years ago
find a free dl for it, it wasn't that hard

Death Yak + Nemelex

naga casters are very competitive, naga melee requires otab shitter gods to be successful

Why does NetHack represent lizards with :? Why do lizards help against stoning?

That's my point:

Orb Guardians usually don't walk into teletraps (or, rather, groups of them usually don't). The only reason why they would is because someone was making a lot of noise, causing them to wake up and walk into a trap. And the only reason *that* happened was because you really did try to clear out that lung in one fell swoop rather than carefully luring out as few monsters as you could.

Sound, etc. still matters in Zot:5. Shoutluring makes it work for you; making a lot of noise in a lung -- which makes it likely for enemies to wake up, wander on teletraps, and come behind you -- makes sound work against you.

>stumble across an apple orchard the last day of autumn
>finish picking them all two hours before winter
Not sure what I'm going to do with 170 liters of apples, but oh well.

what game?

if you want to wear something like scale mail (-10 ER) you'll need about 13 strength and 10 armor skill to dodge/cast semi-comfortably.

This becomes the cutoff for base strength stat for casters, you want about 10-14 even on a deep elf so that you can wear fire dragon scales (or ice/pearl if you end up in that resist/str boosting gear situation).

The effect of encumbrance is quadratic, so if you want to wear say, storm or shadow dragon armor, you'll actually then need something like 21, plate mail is like 32, and GDA/CPA is about 50.

once your strength is at the level for the armor you predict that you're going to wear, you'll want around 14-18 dexterity to be able to hit things with your weapons and get a significant dodge bonus (stabbers would want something closer to 20+)

so a pure caster who wants decent defenses will want around 13 base str/dex and every other point into Int

in terms of the exact situation of transmuters I can tell you that you want enough strength for your armor (likely around 14), enough dex to not get assguttered early on when you can't wear armor yet and enough to feel somewhat less totally vulnerable when transformed (18), and then every other point into int because casting controlled blink and tornado/shatter is going to do a hell of a lot more for you in Zot/extended than being able to fight better.

in terms of statue/dragon/blade hands damage, stats basically don't even matter anymore because of how much disproportionately UC skill will effect your damage instead. Cheistatues will still hit like trucks, but Okastatues are probably objectively better.

if you never plan on casting level 9 spells, then you never need to raise int much past 15, you might as well raise str instead unless you're willing to forego heavy armor for sanic speedruns because your name is 4tharra and you want your troll to just bestatue and blink through all the vaults without grinding skill somewhere.

>weird techno/survival stuff with days and seasons

The answer is always CDDA.

Eat them.

make some cider obviously

make lemonade

good thing i roll draconian

I made 660 dehydrated fruits, then was famished from spending two days crafting, so I shovelled 35 apples into my mouth.

The DDA experience

this is why you should all invest in evocations btw

Naga is easy af
Poison spit literally trivializes early game and they have maximum diesel HP + 2 intrinsics that remain useful through the entire game, not to mention no water penalty, shield affinity, enough AC boost to even get somewhat close to garg, op constriction that deals retarded damage
Movement speed matters shit in a game where you have gods like Mak and TSO/vampiric/blink

>was pondering what level 9 to potentially learn if I wanted to do extended
>15 in summons already
This might be the first time I've ever considered dragon call. I should probably just go tornado, right?

Evocations is eternally underrated. Lamp of fire wrecks most things, and simply getting 8 or so to paralyze shock snakes and orb spiders trivializes much of the danger in those branches.

agreed
i always take at least 7 evo

dragon call is really not that good when you're trying to take on a screen filled with enemies or something that's already right next to you

Firestorm/Glaciate will drop their numbers instantaneously instead, while Shatter/Tornado allow you to fight the entire screen at once.

Dragon Call is pretty good if you're trying to take down uniques though.

Summon Horrible Things and Summon XXX are generally more reliable and versatile and vastly less expensive to use.

dehydrate them

This sort of reminds me of when Popeye punched a lion so hard it produced a leopard pelt

What is the comfiest roguelike?

cata

Azure Dreams or Chocobo's Dungeon 2.

Torneko and Shiren are pretty comfy too.

cata or elona depending on whether your idea of comfy involves oats and zombies or grindan and marrian waifus

>cursed -5 ring of evasion
>on a transmuter
>without an ?rc

will this be another "5 floors without a single ?removecurse" game?

cdda and unreal world

since when can uniques use an escape hatch to run away
what the FUCK

I always got tired of Cata fast, then again I haven't played in like 4 years. Has much been added? Is it still impossible to sleep?

>wearing rings before you ID scrolls

more likely, they walked into a shaft