RHD IMPORTS

Currently looking to import a car from Japan. I live in Ontario and am looking to go through a reputable importer in Alberta or Vancouver.

What are your guys opinions on importing cars from Japan into Canada or the US? Whats it like sourcing parts for your RHDs? Easy to find a shop to work on it? Hows learning to drive RHD in the city?

Any input welcomed!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

wwwb.autotrader.ca/dealerships/Monaco Motorcars-5-20160216075711017/?inMarket=dealerInventory
youtu.be/xoXwIOfdzSI
jdmconnection.ca/2017/09/09/2001-subaru-legacy-b4-5-speed/
japan-partner.com/auction/Nissan/SKYLINE/cars-for-sale.html?page=2&sort_by=price&sort_dir=asc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

insurance will require your first born and raping rights to your second

find a local broker

Already done. They quoted me less than I pay for my 08 Lancer GTS. I was shocked lol. I could put classic on it and pay $250 for a year. My friend has that on his GTO.

what car did you get a quote for?

also a gray market japanese import is not remotely comparable to an american classic for insurance purposes

2001 Subaru Legacy B4. Ej208 TT. 133 a month.

refer to this post

I hope you've considered what a pain in the asshole it will be to drive a RHD car in a LHD country.

i mean, i'm not saying you're lying
but prepare to be unpleasantly surprised

I'm not in debate about importing, its a for sure thing. I just want to know how everyone that has imported finds learning RHD and sourcing parts. I imagine eBay.

babby is going to get shrekt the first time he has to make a left turn at an intersection

youre retarded
A good pool of 90's cars just became legal in the US, of course a ton of people would only just start considering it and asking questions

>implying thats not the goal

>I just want to know how everyone that has imported finds learning RHD and sourcing parts. I imagine eBay.
>eBay

lol you serious? eBay?

What are car forums? What are websites like rhdjapan?

the point is that these questions have been answered thousands of times on the internet and the fact that people log on to Veeky Forums.org/o/ to ask about importing a car when there very little people on here that have done it when google is fucking free is absolutely retarded you fucking mongrel.

you better be importing a Celica GT-4 you pompous little nigga.

First of all why are you talking like majority of people here have RHD cars?

They have forums dedicated to this shit and you're asking here? lol. c'mon man. As of right now I know of about 3 people who post on Veeky Forums who have imported a car to the US.

SCbro brought his R32 GT-R (pic related) from Japan as he was stationed there. one other user imported an R32 GT-R a few months ago and another user in Florida owns a JZX100 Chaser. I don't know how often they post but those are the ONLY 3 people on here that I know that own actual JDM cars.

Thanks for the info. Forums that have registered users are gay because people give a fuck how their portrayed. Here you are being an aspie and you still helped me in your own retarded way.

>RHDjapan

Noted. Thanks mate, I'll be sure to look there.

>log on to Veeky Forums

mysides.png

Millions of people visit Veeky Forums monthly. Just because you know of 3 people doesn't mean theres just 3. If I am speaking to a specific group maybe some people come forward and talk about their cars. No biggie.

out of those millions that visit Veeky Forums even less visit Veeky Forums and EVEN less actually own cars and EVEN WAY LESS own JDM cars.

use your head mate.

I'm definintely not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying out of all those people I hope at least one could come forward and speak about their experience thats all.

You have to watch with classic car insurance. The car may only be covered on "pleasure drives". Go out for a cruise, stop at an ATM, and get into an accident? Car isnt covered and youre shit out of luck.

Yeah, definitely not interested in it. I was quoted pretty cheap for the same coverage I have now with my current car.

You still get the same coverage... just lots of stipulations that go along with it. For instance i got a quote from Grundy International for my R32 GTR. $224 a year. For the same coverage through Hagerty, at the same agreed value, it is $2400 a year. But with Hagerty, i can actually drive the car to work, the grocery store, etc. Make sure there arent any stipulations, and you may be asked to pay the full value up front.

Awesome. Thank you. I'll be sure to ask for details.

>lying on the internet
god damnit hagerty does NOT insure jdm imports OR daily drivers

op's car is 2001, retard

I dont know how shit works in canada but I do know how shit works in California.
>pro tip: Dont try to register in california. If insurance wasnt bad enough, they will fuck you in the ass with 5k worth of testing for CARB

sorry i forgot this was a canuck thread

Left turns are fukked

Christ, what a nightmare. It has to pass the provincial standards test and a lot of customers and reviews from 3rd party sites say its not much different than the normal safeties required for LHD cars up here. I'll definitely be looking more into that though.

I've seen a bunch of imports on CL registered in arizona
gotta deal with people who know what they're doing

Most lights have a right away or a ~10 second timer. Why is it so hard to wait if you're not certain its safe to go? I'd rather piss of the random behind me than get tboned.

Friend got a cappuccino and a sti registered in Nevada. Seems like Cali, NY, and Illinois are killer for these kinds of things. Insurance for these is just another kick in the ass

>sti
Im fuckin retarded. he has STI fog lamp covers but its a regular 92 wrx sedan

Thats cool as hell. I was looking at a cappuccino but they aren't practical for the winters here, lol. How does he find sourcing parts for his subby? I was reading online if the chassis is the same as the NA version the parts can be matched up with some kind of parts number calculator

>busrider thinking his screencapture matters.
Lmao you're the one lying on the internet my man. Hagerty Insures R32 GTRs. They will insure mine, They insured doug demaros

Also
>Newer than 25 years
lmao you're a fucking idiot my man

The car came early this summer so he's still trying to get that sorted. I'd imagine probably one of the JDM parts dealers in LA because they source parts from japan (they drive a hard bargain) but also I think most parts are interchangeable with NA specs.

I decided to go through a dealer who imports them. Got off the boat last Wednesday and I'm picking it up later this week. Also learning RHD in America isn't that hard, merging kinda sucks but thats it

Illinois has literally zero safety or emissions inspection unless your car is registered in one of two or three counties near Chicago. The other 90% of the state flat out does not give a fuck.

Same with Michigan

Im Illinois doesnt give a fuck about anything pre 1996. no emissions or anything.

>doesn't understand that newer means less than
>calls others a fucking idiot

this is a canada thread, fatty

GT25, GTS-t or GTS-4?

GTST Type M. Has Marquis Promada wheels, Racing Silhouette wing, GReddy boost gauge, upgraded LSD, Impul shift knob, bolt in Cusco cage, rear seat delete, Recaro driver seat, and HKS valve controller. It drove great and I'm paying 12k for it

a 1989 gtr isn't newer than 25 years, double retard

>says Hagerty doesn't insure jdm imports
>my jdm import will be insured through them
>Doug Demaros JDM Import was insured through them
lmao shouldnt you be paying attention and make sure you get off the right bus stop?

my post was only to tell the OP to double check if there are any stipulations with insurance. The companies dont matter. What matters is making sure you arent fucked if you take your imported car to the grocery store and get into an accident.

i said hagerty won't insure newer than 25 year old jdm imports and you used your 1989 to prove that they do, you fucking retarded memelord goof

You ok bud? Did you miss your stop?

>removing the context
buzzfeed tier
dropped

>vehicles that may not qualify for insurance
>literally the first thing listed is "daily use vehicles"

Holy shit, what in the fuck are these people good for?

I live in BC and both my daily and my drift car are rhd, getting basic liability wasn't an issue and I can't be fucked to pay anymore, left hand turns and single lane highways can be kinda a pain in the dick but you get used to it pretty quick, the novelty of being on the wrong side never wears off though.

Thats awesome mate. I appreciate the response.

Nice. I'm hoping to get a GTS-4 eventually I know it's just a GTS-t but weighs more and has ATTESSA but I want it even if it makes me look like a poorfag GT-R wannabe.

Why would you want to import a coonmobile? Just get a usdm wrx. It will be cheaper and will sorta be able to turn

Must suck to be an American

JDM 1994 twin turbo manual 2+2, 10k all up for import, cert and wof/reg

All of my flat mates have jap import weekend cars save for the 65 impala ss. New Zealand is the best country on earth

Are you in Ontario? If so you know the price of a used WRX is almost double that. Its a meme car with a meme price. Not to mention each one is beat to shit worse than the last.

Want R32 GTR

Cant afford nor want to pay 30k

Can afford and will pay 20k

Are they gonna diminish in value as the R33 and R34 become legal in the US?

>tfw the ej208 wont fit in my usdm legacy.

fuck me

Nice trips. Nah nz.

Wrxs aren't much more expensive than legacys here, but b4 legacys are the quintessential islander car here. Sound Auckland is full of the shitboxes with fartcans thinking the "rumble" sounds good

*south Auckland
I shouldn't really shit talk islanders too much, they may be criminal coons but they will never be as bad as usdm niggers

R32's are like 11-15k for the car and to get it into the US. Where the fuck are you looking?

Just make a Jersey left

>R32 GTR

Any brokered GTR I find is 28K+

gas, insurance, laws, quality of living. I look forward to this turning into a shit post thread because you love your boat. Z32's are cheap as fuck to import to the US but no one wants any, because why would you. Literally all of the other JDM hero cars are better in their own aspect except the VR4 and guess what share roughly the same import price...

Check out Monaco motorcars since you're in Ontario they have lots of RHD options already

wwwb.autotrader.ca/dealerships/Monaco Motorcars-5-20160216075711017/?inMarket=dealerInventory

Mate shitbox subies are not only a south auckland thing.

Hi. Please check my driving videos in japan.
youtu.be/xoXwIOfdzSI

>tells me I'm shitposting
>starts bench racing

Wew lad

Hahahahahahahaha

No

Im looking right now. 14k for a car and around 1.5k out the door for shipping.

Let's see these $14k GTRs

jdmconnection.ca/2017/09/09/2001-subaru-legacy-b4-5-speed/

Fuck you, I want that car.

I've already got a 96 STI, and a 96 WRX, as well as a shitty 91 Honda Acty Kei Truck.

japan-partner.com/auction/Nissan/SKYLINE/cars-for-sale.html?page=2&sort_by=price&sort_dir=asc

14k for a GTR with unknown mileage that needs a respray and undercarriage rust work. and then god knows what other problems the Japanese vendor isnt telling you about.
I mean sure, what could possibly go wrong. GTR parts are dime a dozen in the USA right?

I don't give a shit about the Subarus, but plz share the truck

This guy nailed it. A 14k GTR is a 30k GTR. Buy a good one for 26-28k and don't worry about it.