/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

The titlekey website has moved:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
-Luma 8.0 introduces many NTR-like features such as screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
↳This Luma update requires boot9strap 1.2. See guide for details updating new or existing installations.
-Recent bans singled out hacked consoles, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, YouTube, Hulu Netflix, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans.
↳You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned, but be aware it could get banned at any moment. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i
-SigHax and boot9strap introduce a full arm9loaderhax replacement. The guide has been updated and no longer requires a 2.1 downgrade.
-New Luma release requires

>Vita
-Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-New HENkaku release. henkaku.xyz/changes/
-Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
-Workaround allows for updating games without the latest firmware. se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-bypass-the-4-70-update-and-play-online.1648671/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-guide.b4k.co/a9lh-to-b9s
3ds.guide/get-started
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Luma is garbage.

Remninder that DS loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

Im on a9lh at 11.3, havent been banned, can I update to 11.4?

does that developer chick have a boyfriend she's cute

THE TRANNY SOLD US OUT

I've been looking at this image for 5 minutes in the last thread and cant figure out what it is

lewd

Tell me a story about the history of 3DS CFW.

>You could hold a funeral for rxTools that very second, but nobody held one because rxTools was shit and everybody knew it

You get so much history wrong. This general was flooded with retards clinging to rxTools and attempting to shitpost it back into relevance.

I'm helping a friend get cfw set up on their 3ds, but FBI can't seem to install game cias for them, saying that the signature of the game is wrong. Homebrew cias install just fine, and stuff from freeshop installs fine, so I'm not sure what's going on here. We've tried the same cia files, and they install fine on my 3ds, but not on his.

>their
>them
>then his
Did you just misgender your buddy?
Go find a link for BBM or DevMenu and try them out. Wipe everything and reinstall everything if you want, but only as a last resort and after a backup is made.

Is putting CFW on my PS3 really as simple as smacking a file on a USB and updating from it? And is rebug still the recommended choice?

Depends. Is your firmware at 3.55-? Is it not a Super Slim? Then maybe.

I suppose I could have just gone with him/his, but I just generally go with them unless the gender matters.
I thought both of those were deprecated, though?

>but I just generally go with them
Please don't do this; it further bastardizes our language. Instead you should either pick "he" or "she" and use it consistently when referring to an individual whose sex is unknown.
I was reading this book, and the author correctly states that since the English language doesn't have a proper gender-neutral pronoun to refer to individuals, he simply stated he would use "he" in place of one.

Is there a better GBA emulator for 3DS than mGBA? The most recent version has sound issues.

Also, is it worth it to consistently update Luma? Do I get any benefit from it?

You're correct in that masculine is the default for everything but language also evolves over time. English is already "bastardized" and has been for a long time. Using "they" as a gender neutral pronoun won't change anything. It already makes sense to 99.9% of the population.

THE >cakes is a lie

no need for an emulator use injection its native

I've been doing it like this most of my life. Also, they has been used as a gender-neutral pronoun for centuries. But that's irrelevant to the situation, which is FBI not installing game CIAs.

You guys are just shitposting right?

i think it's an arm.

Yes, I've checked the wiki. It's a thicc with 3.55. It's just hard to believe it's that easy after shit like early 3DS CFW-ing and stuff.

I was having saving issues with a Pokemon ROM, so I decided to just use the emulator.

Has anyone else here had trouble installing the DLC for Muramasa Rebirth? Either you've got to do something in-game or I'm retarded, since I've tried installing the game/patch/dlc from the doc, torrent, and other places with no luck. The game is on 1.06 too, so I'm not sure why I can't find it.

I'm not too experienced with PS3 shit but yeah as far as I'm aware it really is that easy. It gets a heck of a lot more complicated if someone doesn't meet those requirements (like hardmodding), and after that point Sony really cracked down hard, but I guess it was pretty vulnerable before that.

it is that fucking easy
problem is finding a system with that official FW which is from 2010, 7 years ago and is still fucking on it and not 3.56

otherwise you have to buy something extra and that is not what hacking is all about. its about spending zero dosh and getting all for free

Installed CFW today using the guide, installed three games (Phoenix Wright Trilogy, Majora's Mask 3D and Earthbound) from downloaded CIA files.

Phoenix Wright works fine, but the other two crash the system when I boot them up, giving this error message.

anyone know what's up?

I've had issues in the past with CIAs downloaded off the internet, but this was before that type of error screen so maybe it isn't the same issue. Anyway, try downloading them with freeshop or using a legit CIA and see if that fixes it

Who having fun here?

Is there anyway to make the new Luma3DS controller feature work on extended memory games like Sm4sh?

Some games dont install correctly with FBI, try using bigbluemenu

hmmmm I got them off a private tracker. I'll try out freeshop.

I'm having fun playing serious games.

>playing on a pc screen via ntr streaming
>playing with an xbox controller via luma input redirection
holy shit 2017 what a great time to be alive

You're suck until Luma updates to fix the retarded exception handler bullshit.

>Playing comfy shovel knight then fe fates
a fucking blast yo.

>>playing on a pc screen via ntr streaming
tried it, game ran at like 20 fps with drops. Using a controller was nice though but fuck off with the PC streaming meme.

unless it's some specific game which doesn't have its titlekey dumped, there's no reason not to use freeshop (or funkeycia if you need the CIA files) to download your games

So is this a new problem?
Thanks user.

They've said they're not going to fix that problem because it's nice (and required) for a certain application that makes things easier for Devs.

I downloaded the European Nintendo Anime Channel program... and I have an American 3ds. It logged into my Nintendo ID when I opened it up.

How likely is it that I'm gonna be banned?

You're going to wake up one morning holding a baguette with a mime costume waiting in your chair.

it seems likely that they used streetpass info during the banwave. People that had streetpass information sharing turned off avoided the bans for the most part

obviously they could change their criteria the next time they decide to ban people, so there's no guarantees

I hacked my 3ds around 11.2

What do I do to catch up? Or should I just stay here?

Please help

I doubt they would get streetpass info, and my spotpass sharing has ever been on. No bans whatsoever.

3ds-guide.b4k.co/a9lh-to-b9s

it works on n3ds

that's retarted
their end users are USERS
not devs, there's should be an option for this, or a branch with this on only for devs

I'm retarded.

Welcome to the wonderful world of open source.

I'm being serious: the prevalent and incorrect usage of "they" should be ceased immediately upon discovery of the fact. It's unacceptable behavior like that of using "gift" as a verb, and people misusing "literally."

streetpass =/= spotpass
Spot the difference

>that's retarted
Yep. All aboard the Luma train.

my mistake

Aren't people getting banned or something with the later update?

there shouldn't be a toggle but they shouldn't push software that has exceptions that occur during regular use

i literally never used retroarch in my life before. just used standard emulators. for 3ds, is this the correct way to set it up? download latest stable version, but retroarch arch folders on root, and then choose whichever emulator i'd like and install the cia? Do i need that retroarch_3ds.cia? what is that?

thank god I didn't update to 8.0
It's terrible, I just want a simple CFW that lets me play games

it has nothing to do with how up to date you are. People were saying all sorts of things during the initial confusion, so there's a lot of misinformation blaming newer versions of freeshop/luma/b9s

>but retroarch arch folders on root
i fucked that up. i meant 'put the retroarch folder on root'

guys, I need some assistance.

I softmoded my 3ds a few months ago. my OF is 9 something, and I was on RX with themehax for autoboot into CF.
In the CF I updated it, now when I boot my 3ds with the SD card inside, the console does not get past the themehax boot. turning console on without SD card boots the console to OF 9 something. How to fix this?

>themehax
Follow the guide from 0.

you don't need that cia
also, remember to use bios for any system that needs it (GBA, PS1, MSX, Neogeo...)

Is this image real? Can someone give context?

It's a N2DS XL running Luma, I think it explains itself

will transferring thousand of files (small kilobyte sized files) to your micro sd card, damage or reduce the life span of it?

Was posted a few threads back completely out of the blue, with no comment. Image search didn't seem to return any matching postings. So it's either photoshop or the dude who did that posted it here.

how do I download DLC on freeshop? I only see the base games

looks like someone got one of those before release date, probably some reviewer or retailer
And they got Luma running, seems like it uses the same boottom
No confirmation on the Firmware or the method used

the controller option has your installed games and have colored triangle if they have an update or dlc click on it

>touch the little gamepad icon on the bottom screen
>select any title you have installed
>look if there is DLC or updates for it
now try not being retarted

>with drops
your router is to blame
you need a consistent connection otherwise you'll have packet drops

thanks famicon.
fuck you fag.

this happens in the US versions too ?
I woke up with a burger this morning

Alright I've seen this twice so I'd just like to point out that the word is spelled "retarded".

Oh man, I'm jealous.

but do they know what caused it?

Also does this work on a old 3ds?

They weren't serious.

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

there seems to a definite correlation with spotpass info sharing, but nothing's known for certain. There's a section of the guide which outlines some steps to protect yourself if you're not already banned. It's the big red box on this page 3ds.guide/get-started

and yes it works on o3ds

Does anyone have compiled the latest, or a recent build of NJEMU on PSP? The wiki links to a site containing links to builds but they're all dead or hosted on scam sites that download exe's to your computer

>-SigHax and boot9strap introduce a full arm9loaderhax replacement. The guide has been updated and no longer requires a 2.1 downgrade.
>-New Luma release requires
what the fuck happened to the OP kek

huh-huh, this does sound noob friendly indeed! that's like, the whole point of luma, of course you wouldn't fuck up what you brag so much about
great fucking job you retards.

OP is a faggot what else is new

>3ds.guide
Why are you posting here and not on reddit? Go back.

He's a gentleman.

the bullshit was removed from the guide itself, so there's no problem as far as I'm concerned

also
>Why are you posting here and not on reddit? Go back.
you have to go back

What next, are you going to suggest us to disable our ad blockers? Nice try, redditor.

To b&s:
Have you used NTR while online?

What was the bullshit on the site?

nope

Yes. I streamed Mario Kart 7 on Twitch and to my PC at the same time using NTR last night.

Yea i have 2ds version 11.2.35u i had soundhax just followed the guide and when i pressed the button prompt to install bootstrap my , but my 2ds shut off and now when i go to turn it on the blue light comes on then turns off

Am i completely fucked??

>depriving hard working content creators of their hard earned reward
reddit incarnate

plailect's "official statement" on the drama he stirred up. It was linked in a bright red box at the top of every page on the guide

Why is Snes9x interface so sexy while all other homebrews look like rushed pieces of shit?

Nice try, redditor.

So what's the point of this Rosalina shit? Will I be able to view monster health in monhun and cheat?

I could already cheat in monster hunter with NTR.