/twg/ Total war General

Bullying Rome edition

Developer Interviews on TWW2, focus on Lizardmen, High Elves and campaign features.
FFA confirmed as separate MP mode with its own maps:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version to avoid aneurysm:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

Introducing: Temple Guard:
youtube.com/watch?v=PI2d3r5fhA8

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Forgot link to previous thread.

zee lazy wheels it!

How can other eras even compete?

Do you think Total Warhammer 2 should have the coastal bombardments of FotS?

Some factions certainly have ironclad equivalents.

By ze ladee!

Next history game will be a historical record following the life of Krell. Total War: From Babe To Bone.

So this is gonna be changed into skavenblight? I mean they wouldnt leave the skaven out unless its the combined map right?

I always imagined skavenblight underground

It is, but when they first came into being they sunk a city into the ground, that became Skavenblight, the ruins that you see are what remains above ground of the original city.

It has many underground layers but remember it was originally an ancient human/dwarf settlement which was cursed.
I always imagined it as a sprawling crumbling ruined late roman city in a vast swampland where Skaven steer boatloads of slaves through the marshes.

How did the water table not fuck them over?

maybe skaven are known for their engineers and also their disregard for loss of life.

they eventually found a way... eventually..

They built dykes out of the bodies of dead slaves and rats no longer serving a purpose.

I just picked up Medieval 2 TW, I played it a long time ago back when it came out and I played the LOTR mod too. Are there any other good mods out there for it? Can you combine 2 different mods like LOTR and some other one?

I dont think a large overhaul mod like the LOTR one can be combined with another. Maybe if the mod changes barely anything a really minor mod like, "enhanced turn counter font deluxe"

To go along with my Von Carstein Campaign I'm reading the novel "Inheritance" about Vlad's rise to power. He and Isabella are an interesting couple. Isabella has been his wife for about 3 minutes and he gives her a wedding gift

>‘When my father dies he,’ Isabella levelled a finger at the cringing Leopold, ‘inherits his estate, the castle, the title, everything that by
rights should be mine. All my life I’ve lived in the shadow of the van Drak men. I’ve had no life. I’ve played the dutiful daughter. I’ve
been possessed – and now, my father is dying and I hunger for freedom. I hunger for it so desperately I can almost taste it, and in you,
perhaps finally, I can realise it. So give me what I want, and I will give myself to you, body and soul.’
>‘And what would that be?’
>She turned to look at her father in his death bed, and saw the malicious delight in his face. She smiled: ‘Everything. But first, a
token… A morning gift, I believe they call it. From the groom to the bride as proof of his love.’
>‘This is ridiculous!’ Leopold shouted, his voice cracking with the strain of it.
>‘Anything,’ Vlad said, ignoring him. ‘If it is in my power to give, you shall have it.’
>She smiled then, and it was as though she sloughed off the years of subjugation with that simple expression of pleasure. She drew him
to her and whispered something in his ear as he kissed her delicately on the cheek.
>‘As you wish,’ Vlad said.
>He turned to face an apoplectic Leopold.
>‘I am a fair man, Leopold van Drak. I would not see you suffer unduly so I have a proposition for you. I will give you time to ponder
it. Five minutes ought to suffice. Think about it, while the priest gets ready for the ceremony, and my wife to be makes sure her father is
comfortable, and then, and only then, after five full minutes have passed, if you can look me in the eye and tell me that you truly wish me
to stand aside, well then, I will have to accede to your will.’
1/2

Oh okie, thanks frend

>‘Are you serious?’ Leopold asked somewhat incredulously.
>‘Always. What is a man if there is no honour to be found in his word? You have my word. Now, do you accept?’
>Leopold met Vlad’s coldly glowing eyes. The startling intensity of the hatred he saw blazing there had him involuntarily backing up a step.
>‘I do,’ he said, knowing it was a trap even as he allowed himself to be shepherded into it.
>‘Good,’ Vlad von Carstein said flatly. In four quick strides he was across the room. With one hand he picked Leopold up by the
>scruff of the neck, the other he rammed into the man’s chest, splintering the bone as his fingers closed around the already dead man’s
>heart. In a moment of shocking savagery he wrenched it free and hurled the corpse through the window.
>The dead man’s heart in his hand, Vlad leaned out through the window. Lightning crashed in the distance. In the lightning’s afterglow he saw the outline of >Leopold’s body spread out on a flat rooftop three storeys below, arms and legs akimbo in a whorish sprawl.
>Isabella joined him at the broken window, linking her fingers with his. But for the blood the gesture might
>have been mistaken for an intimate one. Instead it hinted at the darkness inside her: by taking his hand she was claiming him and the life
>he offered every bit as much as he was claiming her and the power her heritage represented.
>The power.
>‘Your gift,’ he said, offering the heart to her.
>‘Throw it away, now that it has stopped beating I have no use for it,’ she said, drawing him away from the window.
>Somewhere in the night a wolf howled. It was a haunting lament made more so by the wind and the rain.
>‘It sounds so… lonely.’
>‘It is missing its mate. Wolves are one of the few creatures that mate for life. It will know no other love. It is the creature’s curse to
>be alone.’
>Isabella shivered, drawing Vlad closer to her. ‘Let’s have no more talk of loneliness.’

shoo frogposter

>178926987

user, I'll be starting my test as soon as this RLM video is done. Will do it on Large like you mentioned

I have succeeded with making Karls special ability 'Lord of Thunder' which is the Overcast Urannon's Thunderbolt that he can use for no Winds (it functions like the bound Fireball or Net of Amyntock)

I do want to make the 'Heavens' sub-tree more than just this though, so does anyone have any thoughts on heavens-inspired abilities for Franz? And yeah I realize LoH is shit.

user, I will be starting the test shortly. Will do it on Large for the results to translate to MP. I also think we're likely to see results similar to Traitor-Kin, as they seem like similar spells from a glance.

bump

After some shoddy testing, I can safely conclude that Final Transmutation is basically an upscaled, slightly better version of Traitor-Kin, aka it sucks lowercase.

>the good
FT is a direct damage spell that deals 66 AP damage, once per second over 8 seconds/16 seconds on overcast, and has an 80% success rate per tick. This gives an average damage of roughly 422/844 damage per cast/overcast. Like Traitor-Kin, it has a 30 meter radius of effect, and can target an enemy or area. Unlike Traitor-Kin, the spell is not fully resisted if the first tick fails to damage, meaning the spell isn't wasted. This is important, because...

>the bad
...like Traitor-Kin, it only has a range of 100 meters, but this is mitigated somewhat by the fact that the only worthwhile Metal lords/heroes are in the Chaos roster, all of whom don't mind getting down and dirty. FT also has the unfortunate distinction of being a remains-in-play spell, meaning that if a unit moves out of the 30m bubble, they stop taking damage. You could definitely use it in a choke-point, or maybe along an enemy's advance/retreat line so that they all take damage moving through, but almost every other direct damage spell can do the same thing or approximately the same.

>the ugly
Final Transmutation costs a hefty 14 WoM on regular cast, and a massive 22 on overcast. To give you an idea of how stupid that is, look at it this way: that's ~30 dmg per unit per Wind of Magic spent regular and ~38 dmg/unit per WoM on overcast. Traitor-Kin does 30 dmg/unit per WoM regular and ~32 dmg/unit per WoM overcast. Then remember that a regular cast FT eats up just shy of HALF of your total WoM pool, and subtracts the same amount from your power reserve. If Traitor-Kin is criminally inefficient, then Final Transmutation is a felony that copped to a misdemeanor and no one cared.

numbers to come; in the meantime, enjoy this picture of a happy chaos lord with his bestest buddy manticore

ty mate

It should be just a straight execution for at most half of the remaining models in a unit with a chance to cause it to shatter.

oh in my quickness to crunch numbers did i neglect to mention that FT also hits one model in each unit like Traitor-Kin

that's ugly

>the numbers FUCKING STOP THE NUMBERS MASON

Initial test done WoC vs GS. 1 stripped Lord on Manticore, 1 stripped Metal Sorcerer w/ only FT, and 1 Giant for ground presence vs 1 stripped Orc Warboss and two stripped Goblin Big Bosses.

1st cast, hit all, regular: OWB 3015 > 2619 (396 dmg 6/8 proc) GBB1&2 2406 > 2010 (396 dmg 6/8 proc)
2nd cast, hit all, overcast: OWB 2619 > 1761 (858 dmg 13/16 proc) GBB1 2010 > 1086 (924 dmg 14/16 proc) GBB2 2010 > 1152 (858 dmg 13/16 proc)
3rd cast, hit all, normal: OWB 1761 > 1365 (396 dmg 6/8 proc) GBB1 1086 > 756 (330 dmg 5/8 proc) GBB2 1152 > 756 (396 dmg 6/8 proc)
>winds of magic reserve: depleted
>that's fucking ugly

Secondary test done using same WoC forces vs 1 Warboss from above plus 1 Boyz squad and 1 Savage Boyz (to differentiate)

1st cast, hit all, regular: OWB 3015 > 2685 (330 dmg 5/8 proc) Boyz 6030/90 > 5568/90 (462 dmg 7/8 proc) Savage 6030/90 > 5633/90 (397 dmg ~6/8 proc)
2nd cast, hit all*, overcast: OWB 2685 > 1959 (726 dmg 11/16 proc) Boyz 5568/90 > 5238/90 (330 dmg 5/16 proc*) Savage 5633/90 > 4838/86 (795 dmg ~12/16 proc 4 model dead)
>*this is where i learned about remains-in-play; no, i dont know if the unit takes damage when re-entering bubble
3rd cast, hit OWB & Boyz, regular: OWB 1959 > 1629 (330 dmg 5/8 proc) Boyz 5238/90 > 4776/90 (462 dmg 7/8 proc)
>winds of magic reserve: depleted
>that's really fucking ugly

So, as we can again see from above, Final Transmutation has the same niche use as Traitor-Kin: usable only on bunched up single entity units or low-model-count units like minos, trolls, demis and treekin, but with the added benefit of obliterating 1/3+ your stock of Winds with a single overcast AND spectacularly low damage output (30% HP) versus a single unit. I will revise my earlier statement: Final Transmutation SUCKS uppercase.

i'm a person who thinks most spells have a time and a place, and even i think final transmutation sucks.

though i still do think that some spells are under rated.

maybe i'll make some sort of crazy ranking chart for all magic if i keep getting these requests, the number crunching autist in me craves more

>maybe i'll make some sort of crazy ranking chart for all magic
Go for it. I think a general tier list/summary of each spell would work a bit better, but it's nice to have a comprehensive analysis, too.

I'm a big fan of Uranons thunderbolt for its cast time and animation duration. its a good spell for me personally. did you do that one already?

no, just traitor-kin and FT. from what i know of uranon's tb, it is by far one of the most erratic and unpredictable vortex spells around

uranon isn't even a vortex

thats chain lightning.

its a more targetted bombardment spell. armor piercing does great damage against elite infantry units.

shitfuck i need to get to work. sorry about that.

use it against armored infantry, you'll see what i mean.

I'm horrible at timing my Thunderbolts, so I always miss. Since I keep forgetting it hits 3 seconds after the charge.

its still a pretty quick spell and if you can catch a unit standing still or in melee it can be devestating. i play bretonnia so hitting chosen halberds is key to winning against the late game chosen armies.

its even better online when you can feint some one out and draw their attention elsewhere.

Well, for bombardment spells (unless you're fighting AI or a very inattentive/stupid human) I always use them after the engagement has started. All of them are telegraphed with the circle of doom, even Searing Doom's quick 3 second cast time isn't quick enough.

You have to ensure a unit is tied down or otherwise unable to move away for maximum effect, yeah? So you let the front lines engage, maybe use one bombard to help break a flank, then roll it up and bombard the remainder when they get bunched up. Or, you bring along Net and offer up a single entity or low model unit to group them, then bombard.

Is it wrong I consider Foot of Mork (or is it Gork?) a bombardment spell because the foot comes from above?

guys which /twg/ is the real one?

but its good in that role too, since you can hit specific units better and the rapid call down prevents a situation where their line starts to fall back and your own troops end up pursuing into a large spell.

its possible to get a good skill shot on infantry even against the AI though. its usually best when causing their units some confusion, a character can do this. I like to play bretonnia horse fuckers and being able to snipe out halberds has been key. it doesn't work against spam since only so much winds of magic though.

Ogre Kingdoms when?

It would be worth it just to see what happens when fat retard basic infantry units that hit like cavalry in the gnarliest way possible against little peasants.

They have their own motherfuckers who walk around with cannons. And their own fatty magic.

has an old thread link in the OP, more legitimate?

Did the other one include the Helf roster reveal in the OP or did he forget it as well?

Forgot it in addition to fucking up the