[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Surviving the post-apocalypct world at 50km/h edition.

>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

burnoutitaly.com/icon-alliance-dark-helmet
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone know if a food prep table would make a good work bench?
I'm afraid if i set my drill and vice on it, that it will just dent and flex because its not made for heavy things.

Spring time is here which means fantastic riding weather.

Post bikes

Fuck right off ausfailian
There's a reason moot hated you fags

How much did you guys spend on your first set of gear.
I ended up spending $1700AUD because the qt service girl up sold me really well.

aussie bro?

the warm weather is almost over here now.

$150 on a lid
$20 on gloves
USD of course

>Buying first bike this weekend
>No uni next week
>Weather is looking good
>Nothing to stop me riding
Looking forward to is m80s

I spent $125 on my first helmet, $70 on boots, $50 on gloves, and got a jacket for free.
Bought more helmets for cheap and full leathers since then for $450

$280 a* closeout jacket, $90 helmet (quickly broke the visor lock and upgraded to a $500 shoei), $60 mostly meme hot weather gloves, $280 A* boots (only bought recently), still dont have pants

Just found a Suzuki SP200 1986 and I am going to fix this thing to running conditions.
I would like to custom fit another engine to it. Something bigger.
Or should I just stick to finding the original parts?
Will be used mainly on dirt and maybe 50 - 100 mile road trips.

One I signed up for said they'll provide the helmet. Should I bring my own anyway?

yeah no shit, buy some cheap timber and some bolts and build your own work bench.

>full floater
Into the toilet it goes

I did a course where they provided helmets. They were cheap and didn't have a size that fit me probably. If you want to be comfortable, bring your own.

I thought of this. But timber being soaked in oil and grease and fuel.
Plus it dents as well and doesnt hold a vice well enough

Occasional road trips of around 100miles, rather than possible. Will be adding some side bags or cases. Change the front light because I like big round ones.

This is why I ask if I should just keep it all original. Idk if I will be killing its value by customizing it.

Dont know much about old bikes to be honest.

No idea what that shit means. Sounds silly to me.
Yeah I will be removing all those stickers. Fucking hate stickers in general.

y/n
burnoutitaly.com/icon-alliance-dark-helmet

Don't know, I just went with Shoei because they have a good reputation.
I suggest that you go into a store and try stuff on though, otherwise you'll never know of it's comfortable or not.

Like $450

500 eurodollars

LC4 platform a best

$170 jacket
$160 helmet
$8 leather gardening gloves (worked really well in summer)

Yamaha a best

Like $100. I bought the shittiest helmet out there and that was it. I was prime squid when I first started riding.

About $850 without pants
>Icon Alliance Threshold Helmet - $150 - fit fine but shit helmet
>Icon Overlord Leather Jacket - $400 - Actually nice jacket
>Icon Overlord Leather Gloves - $200 - Super comfy but fell apart
>Joe Rocket boots - $100 - Total shit

Six years later I have nothing from above but like $3000 in other gear.

What jacket are you wearing?

Shit. Right side up this time.

Watched 'Fastest' narrated by Ewan McGregor tonight. Love his voice.

I fucking hate headlights, fuck them and everything about them

>its just easy bro, pop it out and plug it in works everytime :^)

Hows the windscreen on that thing?

Hitting the apex is another good one

They're pretty good, no wind hits your body or arms

Post bikes to save the thread, faggots.

more pics?

>post bikes
>only one scooter

>bad decisions
>buying a scooter with fairings
pretty accurate

>only has 2 brake calipers
why live?

Ay CJ if you're ever in vegas when I have a bike hmu bb

nobody makes premium sportbikes below 600cc. in a few years, you won't see anything race-ready below 1000cc.

the entire point of selling bikes with track grade equipment is homologation and only the liter class is really doing well and bringing crowds and fresh riders so if you don't have to homologate everything is "good enough"

>right side up forks - good enough
>two pistons, single rotor, stops about as well as an econobox in traffic - good enough
>maybe not the stiffest frame - good enough
>engine tuned for minimum horsepower - good enough, passes emissions
etc

Most of the volatile compounds in fuel or solvent cleaners flashes off within minutes of it getting on the wood, if it really bothers you you could seal it with a varnish of some sort but I personally think the stains add character, as for dents it's going to happen regardless of what you use, it's a workbench not a dinner table, with untreated wood you can just pour some oil on it will expand and act as if it's self healing to a degree, that's why it's popular for cutting boards.

Just make a basic workbench out of 2x4s/4x4s with a 1" plywood top, when you mount the vice just use some large washers to make sure you don't crush the wood locally, I've got one that I built with a 3/4 top and it's held up to tons of abuse just fine.

I dunno man. I think im gonna bit the bullet and go full on 1/4 inch steel top. That's what my grandpa has on his bench and its obviously never had a dent put in it

right, so why own one?

Probably because it's really fucking cheap and good enough

Paying a few hundred a year for full coverage is underrated

Sure if you go with steel you won't have any of those issues, you just need to account for the top being heavy and fighting rust can be a challenge but a sheet of steel in that size is going to set you back 2-300 plus possibly more for delivery.

Low cost
Fuel efficient
Light
Fun
Good entry level

They sell well for a reason
Like the rukus or grom.

I found a sheet 24"x48" for $180 shipped
I think that will work for me.
Never had a rust problem with my grandpas bench

Not that user but that thing probably cost more than my liter tbqh

Can I get some motorcycle memes please

The ruckus and grom only sell well because of memes and social engineering
>dood what more do you need lmao
>im so over materialism and compenating and i can prove it by buying this brand new shit and telling you all about it
>its like slow bike fast dude if you weren't so insecure you'd understand
>my motovlogger friends back me up
>its about URBAN ASSAULT dood

Put some rearsets on an R3 and it's actually useful for track days

Sure thing bud

H-haha

jej

its almost winter, you can get an f4i for 2.5k in a month, or a 10 year old R6 for about 3.5k

Calling on anyone with restoration experience:

So my uncle has a couple bikes (more like frames with engines) he's been keeping in my parents' barn probably since the property was still a dairy farm. I knew they were there, but only this weekend did I go back now knowing more about motorcycles and mechanics and I have found that they're a Triumph Trident and Bonneville, both seem to be around the '73-'74 range. The one that interests me is the one that's more complete, that being the Trident. Assuming I have mechanical aptitude, does a restoration look possible? Maybe not full at first, but at least to get it back together into running condition? I have more pictures if anyone is interested.

I still need to talk to him and see what his plans are and if he has more info on their history and condition, but I'm still interested in what could be possible.

Highway 21 Gasser

Retail is like $350 on it but I got it for free because it's a new line being rolled out with one of the distributors we use at my dealer. Free jacket in exchange for feedback on product quality. I've had it about a month now and I like it quite a bit. I did replace the included armor with a full set of D3O from one of my icon jackets tho.

Anything's possible with time and money.
The real question is, do you have a title?

Went for a fucking RIP on my Harley today. Left all the pussy japcrap bikers in the dust, crying, most likely sucking each other off to calm themselves down like the homos they are

>chain isn't even rusty
Throw some fluids in it and prime the fuck out of the fuel system after MAYBE replacing the plugs and it'll fire right up

Okay

1600cc master race

One of the questions I need to ask him. My intuition says he probably has it; he's obviously kept it this long because he would like to see it roadworthy again, and doing that without a title just adds another pain-in-the-ass factor.

I'd just hate to see such a neat bike rot away

>tfw my bikes engines bigger than my wife's cars engine.

Isn't it glorious? Wut bike?

>CCW pocket

I already like the sound of this

VMAX 1700CC

Oh it's fucking sweet. Even had a nice leather holster inside of the pocket.

>scooter maymays

The bantz never end

Memes.

>Put rearsets on an R3 and it's useful for track days

From what I've researched the R3 with good rearsets is a competent go-kart track machine.

Since you're a nobike, post boipucci first.

Noice. How is it in the corners?

>my bike makes more HP than most econoboxes
Feels pretty good

PHAT

Pretty fucking much. That road star I have is a 900lb pig kek with my fat ass on it all geared up and all the random assorted shit in my bags it's 1200lbs of pigfat hauling down the road at 90mph. Throwing it through turns is about the same as trying to make quick maneuvers with a fucking barge.

What do you guys think about hubless kits/hubless motorcycles?

Here is the light patter from my chink ktm headlight with an led bulb, I remember u were asking about it a bit ago

Checking in with my R3 friends.

Ehhhhhhhhhh I don't really have much of an opinion outside of it seeming like some special snowflake sci-fi tryhard bullshit.

Looks ok

Street glide

More torque as well. Hilarious.

power commander or LED conversion first

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Obviously power commander

That one's specifically designed to be a Tron lightcycle replica. There are regular bike ones, too.

Went for a hellacious scoot down to the corner store on my GSXR today. Got passed by some harley squid risking the safety of himself and others on a public motorway. Didn't give a shit about that suicidal retard and went in to get an arizona iced tea before heading out to the track to really take 'er for a rip.

LED lights are GOAT. Threw a kuryakyn phase 7 in my roadstar and it's like turning on the fucking sun if you hit the high beam. See Lowbeam is dank too.

>taking first test ride on it after a half assed beam adjustment in my garage
>car in oncoming lane turns his brights on at me
>this-isnt-even-my-final-form.exe
>hit my high beam
>fag instantly turns his shit off

To be fair though the beam was slightly aimed to the left originally.

Everything about that looks like shit

mature adult sportbike riders are the worst

>"hey man want to go to the twisties"
>TRACK DAY ONLY
>"hey we're going down to an abandoned lot to try some stunts want to come"
>TRACK DAY ONLY
>"i have a spare fender eliminator want it or what"
>IF IT HAS PLATES KEEP IT STOCK
>WHY ARE YOU WEARING TEXTILE INSTEAD OF LEATHER
>"if it rai-"
>DONT RIDE IN THE RAIN ITS NOT SAFE. TRACK DAY ONLY.

>that chain
How do you corner really hard?

>leaning hard on left turn
>chain/sprocket scraping the road

terrible, poorly thought out concept. looks like shit.

>no fenders
>those fucking wheels
>12 o clock boyz rear sprocket

Still waiting for opinions on this.

WE GON KILL DA STREETZ N SHIT, GET DAT CHIKUN WING FLAPPIN YEET

PERKOSET, MOLLY PERKOSET

Its a turd. I doubt it would have a 100 mile range.
It will cost you a ton of money to fix properly

you got 2 opinions already fuck off thats more than i got

Wanted to go for an enthusiastic anal tear on my Harley but it wouldn't start. Apparently there was a factory recall 5 minutes after the bike was released to the public but i cant get it fixed because the warranty only lasts 1 minute after buying the bike. I cried while the jap crap fags rode around having fun on their reliable fag bikes
Fucking fags

Leds

In all fairness I enjoyed the film

Thats just pussy ass pussies.

Probably one of the best scenes in Creed was the Philly Bois whipping the quads and dirt bikes. While he's running through the town