>faster
>redesigned exterior

Also, is it worth £30k?

Other urls found in this thread:

flyinmiata.com/
flyinmiata.com/V8/
youtube.com/watch?v=SLONL8ax9CI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, for dudes who don't care about car reliability.

The ultimate Chad wagon.

for £30k you can get a faster M Roadster m8

or put a 2j / 1j / ls in a miata with a nice aero kit for your new hp

>v8 in a miata
that sounds quite stupid, would it even work

for overly conscious dudes who want muh horsepower with classic Fiat/Chrylser ""reliability""

no one besides retarded plebs still call the ND a miata anyway.

Fuck no its not worth 30k

its a shitty chrysler

when was the last time chrysler made a good car?

>2jz
>v8
a 2jz is neither a v nor 8

flyinmiata.com/ there is a ls kit on here its actually pretty common
ls is

flyinmiata.com/V8/
wrong link

>a 2jz is neither a v nor 8
retard detected, keep lurking

The ND has a superior transmission and is a quicker up to 100 mph.

damn the ls engine is compact af.
would it fit in the NA though

not him but you mean to tell me a Straight Six is not only a V but is simultaneously a six and an eight? fucking mind blowing engine.

The exterior is horrendous.
Don't be fooled by the photo you posted.
In real life they're big, they're high off the ground, and their fucking ugly.

yeah and its cool as shit i prefer the 2j because the miata came with a Japanese i4 so u should put a Japanese i6 in it

That's a miata for faggy bouy racers

>faster

I haven't seen anything say it's faster.

I've seen one irl and I like it.
It isn't 30k of car, though. They depreciate like shit so pick one up for 10k in 2020.

or get an na miata a 2j new transmition and drive train and other misc parts and spend 10-15k now and make 800-1000 hp in a tiny roadster.

>800-1000 hp in a tiny roadster.
Retarded.

I wouldn't even want more than 500 horses in a miata, and at that point it's a car meet/weekend fuckery car.

Even in this generation of lay-z millennials this is a a new low.

Is it hard to google shit?

Will just drop this here...

youtube.com/watch?v=SLONL8ax9CI

>buying a 4 cylinder lightweight roadster
>caring about 0-100 mph

The 124 is faster around the track and has significantly better tuning set up than the Miata.

Good news is, nd respond to bolt on tune very well. Only down side of nd is stock suspension. I hate stock any gen Miata suspension set up. Wtf is up with body roll ?

I like both ND And fiat 124 spider

In a completely fair comparison even the base ND is better than the top trim abarth.

>weighs less
>better 0-60
>better tranny
>better suspension set up
>More simplified and pure in every sense
>superior naturally aspirated engine(ideal for roadster)
Regardless though the fiat 124 is still a good car and I would choose it over a car like a BRZ.

But obviously the one to get is top trim spider to get dat exhaust note and styling.

he never said the 2jz was a v8 you gargantuan retard

>or put a 2j / 1j / ls in a miata
>ls

For suspension. I Read up alot on it, and it was actually done intentionally in the ND. I test drove a ND and it definetly had some crazy body roll.

But it actually added to experience, made the car always jumpy and fun. Apparently also helps give it a better 0-60 time. Body roll isnt necessarily bad in normal road conditions and can create for a better city ride and good control(in street situations)

They know that the people that really care about(race people)will just mod the car after they get it to get rid of the roll

to be fair, that's easily fixed for a couple hundred bucks with some beefed-up anti-sway bars

>superior naturally aspirated engine(ideal for roadster)
why does natural aspiration provide a better roadster experience? afraid of falling out?

>better suspension

bruh the ND is body roll city
>superior naturally aspirated engine

Eh, im a big naturally aspirated V8 guy but i disagree. Theres only so much you can get out of a naturally aspirated I4 before having to go forced-induction. The only reason the 124 is slower is because they gave it an older SOHC turbo 4 which is bound to be shit. If they threw in the 2.0T DOHC engine from the Guilia it would have kicked serious ass

Instant throttle response really is the best for canyon cruising (not canyon attack). Being able to push the throttle down 50% and immediately getting 50% of the engines full potential is wonderful in a roadster and around town car that's sporty.

Turbos are better suited to people who are willing to put their foot to the floor.
In fact, in a tuned turbo car, unless the tune is absolutely top notch, there's a thing where you press the pedal down 80% and get full boost. Which means that you aren't getting enough fuel and it can run your engine crazy lean. It isn't recommended to run higher strung turbo cars at half throttle. Which is fine for racing and canyon attack because you should either have the gas or brake pedal flat to the floor.

>soft top
lol no, even the miata comes with a hardtop option now

Part of the fun of NA is every additional degree of pedal goes from
>rrrrrrr
to
>rrrooorrrrr
to
>reeeeeeer
to
>rraaaawwwwrrr
all the way up to
>BRRAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH
And all the degrees of letting off the throttle as well. You're just modulating exactly how much give or take with the finesse of your toes.

Body roll was done purposely, test drive an ND actually adds to experience. Its ridiculous but oddly enjoyable Lol. Think its because of the Lightweightness would be a nightmare on a heavy car though. No real need to change it unless you wanna be a race boi.

Not a turbo hater by any means, actually like them. I like that nice boost hit and sudden power. But on a small roadster car, it makes no sense, they are better off suddenly being able to respond. The gearing on the ND is excellent by the way power/torque is awesome at low and mid. drops at top end but hey its a miata so it can only give you so much for price.

10/10 would buy a ND miata, its a really fun car

>tfw in another timeline, Alfa didn't back out, made their Alfa spider with the ND platform and shoved their 1.7L turbo into it

it would have been beautiful and it would have cost $40k and I would have bought it

this. this right here is literally the only thing that stopped me from buying one. if they ever release a hard top coupe, my money is theirs.

that's only for a well tuned high reving 4cylinder though

in the ND it's more like

>rrrrrrrr
>rrrrrrrr
>rrrrrrrr!

it's a fucking econobox engine with pretty much nothing changed

>Someone who's never driven any of the Miatas.

Even the 1.6l in the NA was a fun engine with great response.

It was better when little engines were carbed since even though they didn't actually sound that ferocious, you could still hear the throat of the carb open up in addition to the exhaust getting louder and raspier.

i drive an NB and have driven the ND.

Try driving a car with a k20 or k24 (performance variants) and tell me that isn't way fucking better.

yea gay dudes

I'm not saying they aren't better. I have an AW11 and the 4age in it easily has the best throttle response of any car I've ever driven with phenomenal throttle modulation.

I'm saying that they're still leagues above any turbo engine. Even when my 03 WRX was stock with it's tiny TD04 turbo, it had a good second of lag, and you had to deal with it anytime you started to come back off the throttle and then decided you wanted to give it more.

Carbs are a meme

i'm just saying the ND sounds like poop, it doesn't bwaaaah like your 4age does.

Nah carbs are great. Take the air box cover off and you can hear it choking and sloughing down the gas. Although I suspect the real difference is that the A/F delivery is less precise and that adds extra nuance to the sound and response.

And you don't have complicated timing maps. You have an advance curve maintained by centrifugal force, and maybe altered by vacuum advance. For a relatively simple setup, the response is just so "mechanical" for lack of a better word.

>he never said the 2jz was a v8
So why did he call a retard for saying it wasn't a V8?

I haven't gotten to drive the ND yet so I'll have to take your word for it.

All the 4cyl NA "sporty" cars I've driven have all had engines with great throttle response. I'm just surprised a company like mazda, who's been producing great cars and engines, would put an engine like that in the ND.

Anyways, yeah the 4age is gutless, but holy shit does it give you everything it's got. I want to turbo my car so it's quicker, but there's something so tempting about swapping a 20v in....

I wouldn't really want more than 300hp in a miata.
Have you ever driven a 500hp car?
I haven't.
250hp is already tail happy enough in a car with 1k more pounds.

this. 200hp 2000lbs is where its at.

Own an ND, the base power it has isnt bad at all and goes well with LW car. Its more than enough for most people.
That being said, i think anything near 200 would be perfect for power hungry people.

If a mazda speed version gets made this is what im expecting them to do. Seems like a real possibility with the new upcoming sky-active-x 2.0 liter that makes 190 hp.

why? just give me an economy car alloy block v6 shoved into the smallest package possible with disk brakes and a 5 speed out of the truck you also make. fuckin' done.

NA 6 cylinders are a dying breed mate. Soon the only engine options will be high strung 4 cylinder turbo, twin turbo 6 cylinders and the occasional v8.

Everything else will be hybrid or electric

because he's an even bigger retard