I <3 cops

Can we discuss how to properly interact with the police when being pulled over?
1. Hazards as soon as they hit you with the cherries and blueberries.
2. Pull as far over as you can to avoid random cars slamming into you.
3. Always respectful and calm. Don't fidget or it will make them nervous. Best to keep your hands on the wheel till they greet you.
4. Lots of no/yes sir/mam will get you a long way.
5. Make sure everything is up to date.
6. Keep your car clean. Dirty cats get suspicion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick
detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/08/02/half-detroit-mayoral-candidates-felony-convictions/104244406/
miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article166462402.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiryas_Joel,_New_York
youtube.com/watch?v=fZDIwaRWCl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My friend is a cop in a fairly large city. He always goes on about how people like instantly lunge into their jackets and purses and shit to get a license.

Cringe

You must be new. Elaborate?

I follow the nigger rule, if a nigger would do it, I'm not going to do it.

a wise man.

I don't do the sir/mam thing since it would sound forced and no one talks like that around here. I cringe when people talk like that.

6 warnings and no tickets so far in 16 years.

Being polite and "yes sir" have gotten me out of almost every ticket I earned.

>1. Don't get pulled over
>2. If/when you do get pulled over, mentally prepare yourself in case the cop is a real asshole
>3. Expect to get fucked right in the wallet

At least that's my process, burgerland btw.

Pretty much this

That's because our police don't fuck around.

Yup, they're pretty much gangsters.

i love being h'wyte

i always pull into a parking lot if possible and stop in a parking spot away from other cars and when asked if i know why i was pulled over respond with "no do i have a brake light or turn signal out?"
although the last couple of times ive been pulled over was because of passengers in the back seat not wearing their seatbelts

Since I'm usually pulled over by troopers I just call them trooper.

>Immediately pull over in safe spot with hazards
>Get license, insurance, registration, and CCW card our before he gets to window. Hold everything in left hand with both hands on steering wheel
>Be polite, immediately inform that I am a concealed carry holder and that I'm carrying on my right hip. I'll await instruction, keep my hands on the wheel, and do not mind being disarmed for the duration of the stop
>If I was speeding, just be honest and don't play the "don't self incriminate" game. Just apologize and say you lost track of your speed

Never gotten a ticket doing this. Always get let off. Always going 10+ over. Cops don't want their time wasted.

Can these rules apply to UK cops? I've never been pulled over and I have no idea what to do

>don't play the "don't self incriminate" game
I always do that and I've never gotten a ticket.

>Any idea why I've pulled you over?
no
>Well you were going 15 over blah blah
[silence]

If you tell a cop in the UK that you have a pistol on your belt, and you're not a Muslim, they'll shoot you on the spot.

If you are a Muslim, they'll apologize for being a RRRAAACCCIIISSSTTT and send you on your way.

(By the way: how's it like being the most cucked country on Earth? At least Berlin still has [for the time being] a German mayor)

In Australia you can get out of the car and greet the cops with a handshake, i imagine it is somewhat similar in the uk.

>At least Berlin still has [for the time being] a German mayor)
Some usa cities are changing like that. In our Detroit area, the detroit city itself and a number of suburb cities had a lot of "white flight" when businesses and people left due to huge crime and corrupt city official problems when black voters became the majority and voted in minority council and mayors decade after decade.

As a result, a lot of abandoned land and even skyscrapers became super cheap. Muslim immigrants moved in and took over swatches including one suburb city where they were the ruling majority. That detroit suburb city subsequently implemented as some muslim customs into law as it legally could. The usa Constitution is the enemy of Sharia after all since the Constitution is illegal under Islamic law (aka Sharia). That city now has the muslim call to prayer sounded off thru the city on giant speakers. Public schools have various clothing modesty requirements for females. And of course physical education has various modesty clothing changes.

>Always respectful and calm
Not since I ran into a power tripping prick.

Fuck the police. I use to think the people on YouTube acting like complete assholes were out of line. If they're pricks from the get go I just sit in silence anymore.
>I've only had to sit in silence once since my bad encounter

Use to believe that they had good intentions. Not anymore.

that's hilarious

Our police don't have the training or mental stability to even be armed, let alone militarized.

I refuse to roll down my window and start yelling "AM I BEING DETAINED?"

>course physical education has various modesty clothing changes.
I'm sure the fundamentalist Christians would be on the same page about that

Don't break the law in the in the first place and you won't have to deal with cops.

I was about to call bullshit before I found it, Hamtramck Michigan. Holy shit.

>In 2015, some residents complained that they could hear the electronically amplified call to prayer inside their homes five times a day, with one of those daily times being at 6 A.M.

>that's hilarious
Ignoring the hilarity of schadenfreude, it's not funny at all to those civic-minded people that donated land, buildings, and a LOT of valuable historically-relevant artwork to the city. The black-rulers hired lots of black-run companies and had nepotism of course. As a result, a lot of the city debt in bankruptcy was owed to black people and black corporations. The city tried to ignore the legal conditions under which donated collections and bequests were given and tried to sell them off (illegally) for more day to day operating funds to pay off those people and companies. It took various court cases to force the black-run city government to not do that.

I find that example of deliberate ignoring of bequest rules and donation rules quite irritating. For example, many people look with pride at various community bequests made by generous people over the years especially from pioneering area people from born in the 1800's and early 1900's. For example, someone born in the 1800's donated a whole block of downtown land when she died. The stipulation was that the city's main downtown library always have a fountain with its metal sculpture. If the city wished to return the block of downtown land and all its buildings and rent controls back to the family estate, it can give up the bequest condition (fountain & sculpture).

The city is well developed now and a whole block of downtown land with its buildings and rents is super valuable. The downtown library land became valuable for other purposes and so when the new city hall was built, it was made multiple stories tall so that the main library could occupy the first two floors. The fountain and its metal sculpture would be moved outside city hall. Enter druggies looking for valuable stainless steel and copper to steal in large easy to take apart amounts.... The metal sculpture had to be moved into protection indoors. As a result, the library has an indoor fountain....

Wrong. I'll take the bait though.

You could be driving slowly looking for a street or the officer could say you were suspicious. Neither action is illegal yet it'll get you pulled over. Hell, I could see being pulled over for an emergency braking situation even if the kids running across the street chasing a ball was obvious.

Or you have an air freshener hanging from the rear view. Illegal, yes. Boom, immediate probable cause for a search. Anything in your vehicle can be trashed and there's absolutely nothing you could do.

It's not as simple as "don't break the law". The only true way to be safe is to have a load of cash and everyone needs to know.

Sucks to be you then, I guess.

>tfw ride a bright green motorcycle
>never been pulled over in my life

*continued*
The fountain is loud and uses up floor space, but the bequest was honored.

Places like the black-run detroit was going to seize various bequests and sell them off to various different buyers. The lawsuits would go on for years, but those corrupt contract employees and corrupt businesses owed money by the city could then collect. And when those lawsuits did succeed and win, they'd have a bankrupt city to contend with and those city officials would be gone and unaccountable since it was the city that made the decision and not those black detroit council and mayor.

The multiple-time black mayor named Kwame Kilpatrick was arrested on multiple counts of felony corruption for other misdeeds in office. Kwame is the son of the previous black mayor Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick who is also a career politician. His mother was detroit mayor in the 1990's. Kwame was followed by another black mayor who was the son of an avowed marxist-leninist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick

If he had been in charge of the block of downtown land, Kilpatrick would have tried to sell it off and then hide behind the legal shield of the city authority as a fait accompli. I guess the Kilpatrick mayoral dynasty was cut short.

detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/08/02/half-detroit-mayoral-candidates-felony-convictions/104244406/

Currently as of this summer in August 2017, half of Detroit's mayoral candiates are convicted felons. I guess you don't need to be able to own a gun or vote to become mayor in detroit if the majority black electorate votes for you. About the all black felony candidates “Black marks on your record show you have lived a little and have overcome some challenges,” said Bowens, a former press secretary to Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer and NAACP activist. One of the 2 current front runners is Coleman Young who is the son of detroit's first black mayor.

>Can we discuss how to properly interact with the police when being pulled over?

There is also a yellow paper foldout that fits into your wallet which the washington state ACLU created giving court case tested advice on what to legally do to protect your rights (and not lose those rights for use in a future court defense case) when confronted by a police officer.

>I'm sure the fundamentalist Christians would be on the same page about that
I'm sure that hitler would be on the same page about restricting that type of freedom as well.

Step one don't get pulled over
Nice

AM I BEING DETAINED

I have been driving for nearly eleven years now and I have never been pulled over by the police.

Fascinating story, thanks for this.

>saying cringe
Must be 18 to post here

Be German, don't get stopped by cops, receive $40 camera tickets in the mail, the end.

1) slow down to 20mph
2) downshift to 1st
3) middle finger
4) blast through 1st-2nd-3rd
5) head for the highway, if on highway get up to 150mph

I always reach for my gun and blast them

>they'll shoot you on the spot.
They don't even have guns, they have to call dispatch for armed officers
I'm not even fucking joking

I've got a conceal carry pistol, and during the class they added a "what if you get pulled over" section so you don't goof and get ventilated by a spooked cop

Basically,
>pull over, open window, turn hazards on
>if at night, turn interior light on so he has fully lighted view
>greet the officer with BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL and then inform him of both your conceal carry license and the location of your conceal carry pistol
>after that, follow the officer's lead and all will be okay

>get locked up for 48 hours
>call lawyer
>lawyer start yelling 'AM I BEING RETAINED!?!?' at you over the phone
I'll pass.

>Better not make the steel nerve heroes nervous by reaching into your glove box for to get your proof of insurance for doing six over and get shot for it.

Who else will keep these mean streets clean?

>Who else will keep these mean streets clean?
Decriminalize car prowling and then the streets will be cleaned up. Before: tons of recorded car crimes After: huge decrease in recorded car crimes Summary: Police stats show crime has decreased and number of jailed criminals have decreased

>Blues light up
>Speed up and throw the helmet away
>Police stop chasing you because it's too dangerous

Neither do American cops but that doesn't stop them

I like to also turn off the car and put the keys somewhere visible like the dash.
Good or bad, if I was in the wrong or not, they inevitably ask why, and I tell them about this cop from my hometown who got killed when a criminal pulled away during a traffic stop. the officer got caught and pulled under the back wheels and died. The family of the officer came into the school to talk about the accident and the new laws requiring drivers to change lanes or slow down , since his son was a senior in our school.

When i got pulled into the drunk tank one night they had 5 officers in booking cause I'm was like half a 60 in. I was polite the whole encounter from arrest to morning, things likes asking for permission to step off the yellow line, if I can get a seatbelt put on in the squad car etc. I had a grinder full of weed they found during my bag search and the desk sergeant told the other guy to dump it and give the grinder back in the morning.

Don't make their life miserable and they don't make yours miserable.

lol and you think ours do?

They do nothing but fuck around

>driving at night
>car on right side of the road in the ditch, facing traffic, no hazards, highbeams on
>blind as fuck
>drive past
>POLICE on the side of the car
>driver is at least 400 pounds

Fuck the cops

>Boom, immediate probable cause for a search.
lol no

I mean if you run into a crooked cop he's not gonna care about probably cause, he's just gonna do what he wants, but that's not probably cause for a search.

I don't understand this argument. You are pulled over for breaking the law, but not by much, so therefore you can't carry a gun in the glove?

>the desk sergeant told the other guy to dump it and give the grinder back
Wow, that's quite a gift to your record.

>lol no
If you have an interior dash cam scanning and recording audio, then even if the cop invents a story to search you, your lawyer will whip out the recording and demand the judge prosecute the officer for perjury.

>so therefore you can't carry a gun in the glove?
You are jumping the gun as the idiom goes with your logic. If the officer is walking up and you are reaching into a place with a gun, he will become jittery. You wait until he is right up to your open window and tell him you are CCW or CPL. You then ask permission to reach over to the glovebox to get your registration info. Now, if you're some smart aleck, you'll lunge for the glovebox.

>Get license, insurance, registration, and CCW card out before he gets to window. Hold everything in left hand with both hands on steering wheel

i seriously hope you guys dont do this

>make sure to move around a lot and look like youre hiding drugs/ getting weapon.

police LOVE this

>dwight: off the record

so much desu

I feel like I should point out that they have Australian flags on their uniforms.

An air freshener is in fact probable cause for search. So are anti drug and pro police bumper stickers.

IIRC it was a 2012 Federal court case that deemed those items probable cause.

>The case stems from a March 9, 2011, traffic stop that took place along U.S. Highway 77 in Kingsville, Texas. Officer Mike Tamez of the Kingsville Police Department observed a Chevy Tahoe with a woman behind the wheel, going 2 MPH above the posted speed limit. The family vehicle had a man in the passenger seat and a young girl in the back. The vehicle’s bumper was decorated with a Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) sticker and other “pro-police” decals. There were also a few rosaries hanging from the rear view mirror, and some air fresheners visible.

>From these visual clues alone, Officer Tamez “concluded that they were probably drug runners.” He pulled them over for speeding, with the premeditated intention of searching the vehicle for drugs.

>The officer noticed things like the “smell of air freshener”

>According to court documents, “Tamez testified that a number of things he observed and smelled during the course of the stop made him suspicious: the large number of bumper stickers supporting law enforcement, which he contends shows a desire to be viewed as a ‘good guy’ who ‘can’t do no wrong’; numerous air fresheners placed throughout the vehicle, which experience taught him is an attempt to mask the odor of drugs or drug money;

>which his experience led him to believe are also used by drug traffickers for protection.”

>The Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals was asked to consider if this was a reasonable standard for extending a traffic stop for an investigation. The panel, consisting ofJudge Edith H. Jones,Judge Jerry E. Smith, andJudge Gregg J. Costa, unanimously agreed that these were reasonable circumstances for conducting an investigation,

Sorry, but when things go south cops can't do no wrong.

>Paradise police officer Patrick Feaster told investigators he never meant to shoot Andrew Thomas, possibly leaving him paralyzed for the rest of his life.

Patrick was never charged.

yeah you just gotta be nice, if you actually have a reason why you may not be at fault state it, if not just don't try and bullshit. yes sir and no sir works..also if you have to go into your jacket tell them first

I actually got off a 10 over ticket because usually cops let you go 5 over and my new-to-me motorbike's speedo was 5 mph fast. I told him i was going into my jacket, got my papers, handed them to him and explained that I just got the bike, and that if you had me at 40 I had what looked like 35 on the dial. he then gave me a warning and I said I would get it clocked by a GPS so I knew what I was actually doing speed wise

all in all, be nice, sate your business, don't bullshit and you'll be fine

your friend sounds insecure - he honestly thinks he's important enough for someone to want to kill him just like that?

I was perfectly polite both times I've been pulled over, and I've gotten tickets both times. First ticket ever was reduced from 37kmh over to 15kmh over.

Second ticket was issued by a mexicunt on a power trip, refused to reduce the ticket or even explain things to me. Literally 20 seconds and he was already bitching about he didn't want to stand on the side of the road because it was dangerous (he made this situation, remember).

Because he was a cunt, I'm contesting the ticket instead of paying it. He's going to get to show up in court and be treated like a fuckface by the JP. I've hired a paralegal to help me too, and we're fairly confident it'll get reduced or thrown out (fingers crossed Officer Dickhead doesn't show up).

Basically, don't give the officer an excuse to come down hard, but also know that lots of them just care about quotas and will fuck you over in a second if they're tired/bitter/etc.

I have family in LE (brother and uncle) but I have never dropped names to get out of a ticket before. Been pulled over about 5 times in 12 years for speeding or window tint violations and learned as long as your polite and respectful you can often get cut a break. Lying to the police is probably the worst thing you can do

Also it helps if you are white
>last time I was stopped was this year, coming down a hill
>cop could've written me a 550 dollar ticket and 3 points
>gave me a 120 dollar ticket with no points

how well to radar detectors work

>Quotas
If they actually had quotas they'd nail everyone. Pro tip, they don't.

Only on rookie officers. An experienced officer can look at a vehicle and know whether or not they're speeding. They'll have their scanner off until they're ready to collect hard evidence. What this means for you and your radar detector, is that he's already acquired your speed before you had time to react.

Now rookie officers leave their scanners on more frequently, therefore you'll have a warning beforehand.

Radar detectors are useful, but I wouldn't consider it safer than Waze in a sparsely populated area.
>Enjoy it going off near blindspot monitoring systems
>Enjoy it going off in the city near automatic doors
>At least it'll detect an ambulance, right?

>Pro tip they don't

miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article166462402.html

>Highway Patrol tells troopers to write 2 tickets an hour

Gee

why are americans so stupid?

They do in Northeast Ohio.

>The bill (SB 264) says: “A traffic enforcement agency may not establish a traffic citation quota.”
They're illegal. It's literally them out for a money grab for an increase in trooper's salary. Did you even read the article?

They can't enforce the 2 tickets an hour requirement.

Wrong.

>hmmm, how will we pay our officers more?
>just give them a raise?
>no, fuck over regular people for bending unreasonable and outdated laws
>and by that we mean pick out the people with the flashiest cars or shittiest cars because literally nobody follows our stone age speed limits

get shot

why the fuck would cops bother with a bright green motorcycle

if you do something illegal you can just lane split and say "seeya", and you probably have a hard to see plate. whatever, no skin off their nose, you're kind of a jerk in their eyes but not as high priority as a shitbox civic trying to bully its way down the highway, alternating between going 55 and 75mph

>if you do something illegal you can just lane split and say "seeya",
You'll have a hard time here. The police are transitioning to computer driven cameras and those have a telescopic function to find and zero in automatically on plates and faces to search databases. Those police Tahoe just drive around pull over people all the time as soon as the computer screen tells the officer there is a vehicle: out of date registration, owned by someone with outstanding warrant, invalid plate, persons face matches wanted person in the photo database, etc. Welcome to big brother.

Computers already drive a lot of our traffic lights. Certainly the embedded loop sense wires in the road also work, but some of our intersections use cameras and the computer counts cars and times the lights to have the turn signals stay on longer (or shorter) based on how busy the roads are.

Or just have them already know your parents. Never gotten a ticket since they know who i am

Im assuming USA - I got nailed doing 106 mph in Florida... you cunts have brown police cars that sit in the middle verge... I was looking for white cars! not till I neared him and realized he had me good did I even lift off! - he then came belting after me - I had now slowed (no brakes just let off, less obvious - but I was fucked anyway) to about 70mph... had him behind me with lights for about 10 sec then pulled over (just in-case it was not for me and he was in a hurry off to stop osama bin lardin')... at which point I knew it was for me :) .... Thought its only 20 miles to Alabama, is it still like the old days where you have to cross state line and your safe? (I dunno 'britbong') So I assumed that that was just in films and pulling over was the best thing to do... now in the UK I would walk up to the cop car and say hi/sorry... so he dont sniff around the car too much.. but in this instance I thought I'll wait for him... Which I later found out is the right thing to do in the USA... they don't like you approaching their car!
Then was totally respectful and like sorry its quiet and lots of others drove faster than the limit - cop was cool gave me the ticket ($600 or so) and all was good... I gave him no shit he gave me no shit - and at end was actually quite nice - but I was never gonna get out of the ticket! - Still to this day have not payed it! - will I be fucked if I enter USA again? (2006 ticket issued)...

I accept responsibly for breaking the law, I'm not going to tell them my brother is trooper so and so or my uncle is officer so and so. Or bring the ticket to either of them to get it dismissed.

I don't think that's right, You break the law you should take responsibility for it.

>>make sure to move around a lot and look like youre hiding drugs/ getting weapon.

Fuck off nigger. If you are holding your license and reg when he gets to the window he won't assume you're a subhuman hiding your crackpipe or meth.

Pulled over twice. No tickets.
All I did was fully roll down the window, key on the dash.
Be respectful. Don't admit knowledge of doing something wrong.
"You were going 15 over"
>was I? Sorry about that I didn't realize it.
"You went straight through the red. Need to wait for green"
>oh I can't do that? I didn't see a sign and I wasn't sure.

It's pretty easy

There's a town that does stuff like that in New York, except it's Jewish.

>According to 2008 census figures, the village has the highest poverty rate in the nation. More than two-thirds of residents live below the federal poverty line and 40% receive food stamps.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiryas_Joel,_New_York

What kind of actual fucking cancer is this sign

>Because he was a cunt, I'm contesting the ticket instead of paying it. He's going to get to show up in court and be treated like a fuckface by the JP. I've hired a paralegal to help me too, and we're fairly confident it'll get reduced or thrown out (fingers crossed Officer Dickhead doesn't show up).
Dude, he doesn't care, he's already won if he wanted to fuck with you since he's wasted so much of your time are energy. You're not sticking it to him by contesting it, he's probably already forgotten about it since it's something he does all day for a living. The good news is he'll probably not show up since he doesn't give a fuck and it'll be dismissed.

It's not really a win if you're still stuck with a ticket. Why would it be $550? Were you doing double the speed limit or something?

>drive the speed limit
>everyone tailgates you and gives you the finger

>speed
>get pulled over and get a ticket

There's no winning.

>Not show up
They acquire paid overtime when doing court cases with no reprocussions, minus working more.

It isn't uncommon for the boys in blue to hand out an excessive amount of tickets to rack up overtime.

Is this common for large police departments? That sounds like something a cop in a small town would do.

>1. Hazards as soon as they hit you with the cherries and blueberries.

But why, though?

Is this a Yuropoor thing?

>pulls over on highway
>without hazards on
you would if you were pulled over for any other reason so why wouldnt you for a cop?
thats literally what hazards are for?
people like you should not have a license...
no wonder you always break the law when you do not know it.

Not him but if the cop's car is already lit up like a Christmas tree there's no point for your silly hazards when you're sitting in front of him.

>Pull someone over
>Your armed, your powerful, police have already killed over 700 this year alone
>Commands driver to present papers
>Gets mad when they do that

yes there is.
bright as fuck lights on the side of the road, your car is off, how is someone going to see your car in front of the cop car?
use your head, thats why sticky beaks run into the car stopped on the side of the road, they suddenly spot the car that is stopped, swerve and lose control.

I'm not sure what you're describing, someone sees the flashing lights of a police car, but somehow careens into the car parked a few feet in front of it?

They could easily radio state troopers in the other state. It's helpless to even bother. I know someone who was pulled over by cops and they weren't even in their own city! And they forced him to stay until a state trooper they called came to issue a ticket. Cops are dirty criminal scum.

As for coming back to the US. You should probably talk to a lawyer first and explain the ticket situation. Might be able to resolve it first before trying to come into the country.

yes. there are countless examples of it happening if you search on youtube.
>youtube.com/watch?v=fZDIwaRWCl0
its not even dark in vid.

I don't think flashers would have prevented that.

That cop is a wizard though

He would have lost his wizard powers shortly after that though.

>live in the US
>muh freedoms
>muh 2nd amendment
>guns for everyone!
>cops have to assume everyone is carrying
>have to be an obedient little cuck bitch and can't even scratch your ass without getting shot
>meanwhile in Germany you exchange banter with the police and the only annoying thing about getting pulled over is 5 minutes of your time being lost
The police here are super nice if you aren't openly an anti police dickhead. I greet patrol cars and motorcycle cops. I regularly went to a shooting range run by the association for police and military shooters a while back and they were really chill.

Essentially
>be white (optional but reduces odds of being suspected criminal, for good reason)
>don't be criminal scum
>don't be a dick (applies to life in general)

blue board