/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>The Make It Rain Campaign Event May 29th-June 12th
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/the_make_it_rain_campaign/

>Stormblood - A Tour of the East Trailer
youtu.be/yFeF4CEu4gA

>Pre-Order FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ (Early Access Begins June 16th)
stormblood.na.square-enix.com/

>New Features, Jobs, Skills, and Changes Coming in Stormblood
docs.google.com/document/d/14SbRI6EBkgUfQxaQM-qIwN7c__Hvuk4vW6VN11OlKUo/pub

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NRifKEf0xr8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

jebaited

>warrior of light is just too nice to say anything up until he takes her head or hand in marriage

Please step on me for Stormblood

Emily we get it, you were born after 2000.

Kappa LUL i love sexy children DansGame PogChamp

You already know they probably will do something like that because of "political stability" reasons or some shit.

Kanpan will be my gf.

not emily i was just watching bulldong

She'll have diplomatic immunity and she'll be allowed to step on you and call you pathetic until the end of 4.0 when she realizes who you are.

Have we got a bad guy in XIV that's turned to the good side once we've fought them?

Does Nero count?

seems like this thread won

Yes, he also has a deep grudge with his kin.

Nero is literally the vegeta of FFXIV.

hey guys ben toes here i push carts and fall in love with a new Veeky Forums user every other week

Nero's probably still way out for himself, but he's the closest in recent memory.

Uh, Estinien kinda? He succumbed to dragon power in the level 50 DRG quest and you had to beat him up.

Iceheart too now that I think about it. Neither were overtly evil, just on the opposite side of an ideology or conflict, but they still came to your side int he end.

Ben does produce now boy.

the edge was calling tonight

i put a lot of effort into my thread ohj well

lalas are gross, go away

I just lay around uselessly that's good enough for me.

Nero kinda counts I guess. He can't go back to Garlemand cause he failed and Gaius was kinda ignoring orders.

Man if the quests start asking me to return to the Resting Heel I'm OUT.

Dark Knights can't be DPS because............?

honestly the way you linked it made it look like you were talking to someone from a previous thread and linking them things so i glossed over it

just spam the link like 3-4 times with no text or say "new thread"

nice maybe now he can repay beepy for the emotional and financial abuse

Hraesvelgr KIND OF? He did give one of his eyes to Nidhogg but then came back and helped you fight him.

if it makes you feel better, the OP image is adorable.

>beepy is a victim
lol

Ben and beepy are the heroes we need

poor seto

I want an emotionally stable, cute lizard girlfriend!

>doing cul quests
>cat tia is the only male inside the sirens hideout
>the hideout is called the missing member

they must've chopped it off

>emotionally stable
>lizard girl
pick 1

¿lol?

Reminder: milk bun is a damaged, needy girl that thirsts after creeps

beepy tried to manipulate me once by isolating me from all my friends. he almost did it until I broke out and decided to never talk with him again

sorry

pst milk bun

Don't you have a girlfriend now Ippiki, why do you have to keep shit talking other girls that rejected you, just be happy...

Dark Knights can't be DPS because............!?!??!??!?!?!?

Anyone else having problem connecting the the CHAOS datacenter?

B-beepy raped me once. I kept telling him no but he kept insisting on buying me the laptop. I-i just couldn't stop him, i begged him not to and he just kept going. Eventually I broke and told him my address. I just can't live with myself anymore it was so emotionally damaging to me.

They already did. After taking down the knights of the round, we
somehow struggled with some nobody from Ala Mhigo who only died because he offed himself.

yes

youtu.be/NRifKEf0xr8

Are you still around user? I believe the server is open now.

because that's too much like XI, obviously

If you focus everything on attack, then how will you protect the weak?

okay what is this all about really beepy

I just handwaved it in my head as "he's a great warrior and was also drawing power from the eyes of nidhogg long enough to complete his objective".

Above average height Midlander looking to cuddle with a cute Catboy.

Tail wrapped around the thigh is preferred.

Why would any Dark Knight ever have a tank like job lore wise?

Aren't they supposed to be Edgelords in plate armor, instead of being wannabe paladins and protectors? They're supposed to be life hating murderous pieces of utter shit and darkness.

FUCK.

>Smoke

Just why

>the weak
>Dark Knights
>tolerating weakness

The edge was so sharp I turned into the next Egyptian King.

I'm with you buddy. But I still like the dark knight aesthetic so I ended up playing one anyway.

At least I get to switch to SAM in like, 9 days and a few hours.

Holy SHIT I get to switch to SAM in like 9 days and a few hours.

We struggled against him before. It's really not the first time we're struggling against randos because reasons. I also doubt it because he needed the energy to call in Shinryu.
Also, we struggled against Raubahn for some reason before.
Our power is dictated by plot, not logic.

t. the darkside

>midlander
yawn

Well that sucks.

I don't really mind as long as it makes for good storytelling, but the disconnect between slaying the Knights of the Round and all these primals and then struggling against a dumb Ala Mhigan is kinda shit.

Because the WoL's true power is the ability to summon 7 to 23 other power rangers to help him kill everything he's famous for killing.
Any villain worth his salt knows how to aetherically jam the duty finder signal.

pst

>emotionally stable

Don't make me laugh.

>Going to have to choose between DRK and WAR for Stormblood
>Leaning towards DRK because they're more fun to play even though I hate their aesthetics and lore

I hate this edgelord shit

I know, right? I was in the middle of mining on Odin ;w,

>tfw no Story EX mode where you have to do story-important fights and dungeons alone

Dress your DRK up like a holy claymore knight then, tanks share armor

DRKs lore wise in 14 seem to protect the weak and destroy the corrupt by any means necessary. Also protecting the children.

How to tell if your au ra is shit
>does it have have highlights that contrast with your hair that is not black and white?
>are it's eyes and limbals wildly different colors?
>is it a Raen?
>is it wearing anything in metallic hues?
If you answered yes to any, consider chugging a fanta today!

This is canon by the way. Greg makes a few comments on your ability to make "Those other guys" whenever you fight large battles. Even questions where the other seven of you went after his trial.

>is it a raen
but raen dudes look pretty good and they get warmer skin tones

>tfw we're basically naruto
woah...

Is there anything worse than people complaining about what people enjoy and what they're playing?

Which face do you use? If it's the Oboro face pst

I disagree because I feel that this itself makes the story bad. We're at the mercy of the story arbitrarily deciding who is and isn't an actual threat to us. It disregards any achievement or scale of power.

Would you let me be the big spoon? Maybe even hold your hands too?

Like all the people who bitch about sandcat?

>male midlanders get a nice asian face
>females don't

we was robbed

>tfw don't fall into any of these categories cause i'm not a grown ass man

feels GOOD

also don't forget

>blush

Saying that WHM is viable in endgame with what we were shown

Like what most people do when you go into a raid as mnk or whm and people start bitching that they don't have party utility?

>assumed you were male

Whoops. I guess they just expected everyone to use face 5 as the fem midlander asian face. Hopefully you guys will get the hime cut in Stormblood to compensate!

>tfw can't ever find a good commission
>tfw you do find one and they never respond
>tfw 1 year

does anyone draw male highlanders...

oh I'm not that person user, sorry, I was just commenting

Why do people get reported for offensive language when the quests themselves are crass and language and alcohol are prevalent in the game? Not to mention the public ERP going on. It's kind of hypocritical defending the notion that the game is for 13+.

That wasn't me, but you're still right...

Chaos still downer?

ODIN ROCKS

This is going to be your tank today. Say something nice!

Any fisher anons that can help me with some questions?
>is fishing fun?
>is it profitable (more so when SB is out than now)?
>is it easy to get into/level?
>is it hard to learn/do at max level when you have as many skills as a dps rotation?
>can I fish next to qts for comfy sensations while fishing?
>overall thoughts on fishing?

more like say something sexual

Odin is a very nice server indeed. I met the love of my life there

>friend convinces me to buy game 2 years ago
>friend was hardcore into FFXI and wanted more FF in MMO form
>spends the entire time we played shitting on this game going on about how this game is simplified trash and FFXI was the best because "muh multistats and any weapon for any class"

Was it really that much better?

How can I trust my life to something that looks like its jerking off 2 invisible dicks while they run

Bad words and shit are fine. If you offend someone you get in shit for the no harassment thing. Which people get offended by everything so whatever.

Nice armor.

no lol. mabinogi beats the shit out of ffxi and that was free

It's comfy, not sure if that constitutes as fun

Kind of profitable, but normally only for endgame things, and this late in the expansion has assholes flooding the markets with too many fish and nobody makes and money.

Super easy to get into and level, it's all about how much time you want to put into it.

There's no real rotation outside of using the patience cordial bug.

Probably? You'll have to find them yourself.

Fishing is nice. I use it to decompress from the day.

Maybe. Depends on the person.
It was decently so in HW be so hopefully it is in SB.
Yes
No, its pretty basic.
Yes if you are into that
Comfy if you're into it, especially with a controller on a couch watching something else as you wait for controller rumbles

exactly. everyone is a hypocrit. if youre going to report, then do it because your beliefs are absolute. not because its ok to say swear words sometimes and its bad others, because you are no one to pick and choose what is good and bad.

who is milk bun

Played that shit for 5 years only quitting before the chef update because the game was turning into a massive p2w gamble. The reforge update really ruined the game.

crafting lal