/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Unofficial Patch Notes
gwentdb.com/news/114-gwent-balance-and-game-changes-coming-soon#

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>Leaked Premiums & Campaign
>link is deleted

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Charcter Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=buGryh-bPf4&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PRAISE THE GREAT SUN

Second for Leo Bonhart did nothing wrong.

fog decks are fucking retarded

so will spellgaard still be the most bullshit rng draw autowin deck after nerfs?

youtube.com/watch?v=buGryh-bPf4&t

jaggerous going over patchnotes. it sucks at RNR has been nerfed from 3 to 2 damage, what's the point of having a golden weather lego when it's only marginally better than a biting frost?

6th for crawling through elo hell with default Geralt, Triss and Reggie.

0 NERF TO SPELLGUARD CANCER? REALLLY????

Protector got nerfed to 2 and doesn't get buffed by gold specials.

Nah spellgard and spelltael is easy to counter if it become prevalent enough. Unless you're a filthy sub 2000 mmr netdecker unable to use your head to make changes to your deck of course.

shut the fuck up faggot CDPR isn't blizzard they don't just nerf everything

Whoops, didn't read properly.

>"Who taught you to pl-"
>your opponent has forfeited

a smile on my face

every time

T.cancerguard cuck

Just make a Mork SK deck it'll get you to 2k+ in a day if you're not retarded. You don't need any new gold cards, craft the silvers and use starter golds.

>THAT IS YOUR BRILLIANT MOVE? TRULY?

God I love the voice acting in this game.

>toast just spent another $70 on kegs

True, I have basically the whole deck already excluding Mork and Hog. Might as well bite the bullet for now, but I'm really liking my Monster deck, it just needs some proper golds to work at maximum efficiency.

>tfw really tempted to spend $100 on kegs to take advantage of full refund but I'm from 3rd world shithole so that's enough for 2 days summer vacation

as expected from a brainlet

fog and frost decks counter it you know

Spell'tael doesn't run gold weather so that changes nothing. -6 str in total, whoop de fucking doo.

>Marching Orders
>Strengthen the lowest unit in your deck by 2, then play it

I don't get it. What use does this have?

Which faction has the best waifus?

your mothers rotten pussy

>Waifu playing significantly worse in open beta
It hurts my heart bros. If only I could sniff the woes out of her brapper.

deck thinning, if you don't play too many weak cards and say your weakest is a 3/4

maybe you can pull out your mage straight from the deck
>pic related

monster without a doubt

>Got tired of playing ranked and grinding up and down the same 100 point stretch
>just want to play a stupid Kambi deck
>hahaha nilfguard netdeck in casuals
I'm fucking out. See you when this patch hits this is fucking retarded at this point. I love the game to death and I'd honestly recommend it to just about everyone but Jesus Christ.

ST. Aglaïs and Eda are qts.

Isn't decoy way better than that? You have to play two cards, but at least you know what you're getting. One extra strength too, and it heals damaged units.

>pic related
My absolute nigga.

tfw the only way to beat spell ST with monsters is to go balls to the walls in R1 and hope your kayran bomb can beat him in r2

i won by 1 point

decoy removes it from the field and plays it again

marching orders pulls it from your DECK

as in, you don't have to worry about drawing it because now if you need your mage, you twice as many chances to get it

gog was a mistake

>TFW you spent $140 on kegs and milled nothing and scrapped nothing and you're going to be getting something around 10,000 scrap after the patch hits plus whatever they give as the good goy bonus for having bought kegs
I actually have some regrets because it was a stupid decision, but on the bright side I play an absolutely obscene amount of Gwent and if it's like Hearthstone panned out,
it'll be the only money I spend on it and the game will last me daily for a good 3+ years.

We rank 8 now bois

Marching orders thin decks and can fetch you some low-str silver card that you want to have higher probability to get.
Before you can use decoy opponent could remove your unit.
Marching Order also plays Medic / Freya when facing bears pre-patch.
Both have their strenghts and weaknesses, thing about Decoy that is great is healing and unlocking and recasting some important unit that opponent might have wanted to remove.

Sir I will have you know I am rank 10, I am a big deal in my community and my Reddit posts always receive the most upboats and are sometimes acknowledged by the developers.

wat do

shadow is getting a buff to 8 str next patch right? still seems kinda shit though

I guess I just don't fully understand deck thinning strategies. Seems like Marching Orders would give you a useless card just as often as it would give you the one you want.

if you don't build your deck properly, yes it can

but if what you wish to target is the lowest card value in your deck, it will always be pulled

and for every card not in your deck, you have a chance to get something better, like a gold next time you draw

Yaevinn has such radical art.

Marching order is good for pulling mage and other low str silvers

Shadow is getting buffed along with some other consume cards, so if you're interested in playing consume monsters, it might be worth it.

Myrgsastdst is shit. There are 50 better silvers.

Yaevinn is pretty great. Usefull in just about any ST deck.

Shadow is bad, saying this as someone who made a memey deathwish deck built around it.
Myrgtabukkake is solid, and if axeman Skellige becomes the new Skellige flavor (Which is somewhat likely) it could see more use.
Yaevinn's always useful.

If you like squirrels go Yaevinn, otherwise go flappy.

I guess it makes sense if you have a really useful card with low strength in your deck. Fair enough. I'd still pick decoy.

i just hit level 10 as f2p no mill and got rank 6?

>66 wins to get 50 meteorite powder
How autistic do you have to even be

>lacerate triggers nekker

what did they mean by this?

It's rounds not games. That's only 33 game wins, my ninja.

Yeah I think low ranks are a joke. I lost at least half my games up to level 10 while playing like horseshit but I wound up rank 5.

I think that Fringila's Premium also has boob physics, it's just less noticeable.

>massive losing streak due to rng
>run into a deck designed specifically to counter yours
okay fucking killing myself

What the fuck are you supposed to do against reveal NG? This shit is even more cancerous than spellgard.

At least spellgard is forced to play their brigades and you can damage them with weather. Reveal is like spell ST, they just shit out 70 power in round 3 with their fucking buffed spotters.

this is why cards that get buffed passively in your hand will never be balanced

>dude just hold onto my dol blathas or spotters until round 3 lmao

>love ST
>don't care about Dorfs
>spell ST is boring on top of cancer
>ambush is ded

Is Mulligan even viable at rank 9?

>Can't play around deck/hand buffing bronzes

>Is Mulligan even viable

Has CDPR given any word on how they'll be doing seasons? Is there going to be a card reset every season? How long will seasons last?

>guy is playing frost and fog dagon
>ropes every turn

that wasn't a good game

>roping
I usually don't mind but spell deck faggots are the worst offender. Always take full time to make a move its so annoying holy fuck.

Seasons are 2 months long. No more card resets.

How do you play around it pepe

What faction mage has the worst spells?

Do you have a single source to back that up? Sounds like everyone will have most of the cards in less than a year if it is like that.

probably vanhemar. needs another buff. frost is the worst bronze weather cause it only does 1 damage, and tremors is shit, useless card only does like 2 damage

Yeah, but cdpr never keeps their shit in one place. I'd have to search reddit and discord to find that and that's way too much hassle.

They're obviously going to add new cards to prevent that. Plus single player campaigns on release.

alright but seriously how do you beat reveal ng and his spotters/tibor r3

i can beat spell ST no problem since they dont have any actual units but reveal NG has actual units to back up their shenanigans

You know, the flavor of the witcher universe is significantly worse when it's so toned down. The constant swearing and drunken rambling gave Witcher a lot of flavor.

'Eating worms for Redania' is just a fucking shame.

I know what you mean

I feel like an edgy teenager when I say it, but adding a lot of foul language make it feel more real

Did the cards used to say something different?

He's comparing it to the older games and books.

Just run to the first time to a speelguard cancer deck. God damn it it almost made me quit the game entirely.

I don't understand how Yaevinn is good? 12 stats for your opponent in exchange for drawing 2 cards and keeping 1?

Doesn't seem worth it.

>how will I have muh immersion without swearing

You get to play a turn without losing a card. You only play it when you intend to lose the round.

>fight skeliigre
>he passes immediately on turn 1

what is this shit

he lost anyways so is this part of the kekiku or something

How much time have you invested into Gwent? I've been itching to spend another $70 on it, especially after the recent news about scrap changes/refunds.

!ti detsop I mom kool

No idea. I'm the dude that said he plays outside of Galaxy 99% of the time. I run it through Steam since a buddy of mine that also plays Gwent sometimes likes to drop by and watch me play and the Steam streaming shit is handy for that since it only kicks in when someone's watching, unlike something like Twitch. Hell of a lot of time though.

Griffin - base strength upped from 6 to 8, brave ability removed." Why is Griffin back to being stronger than an ARCHGriffin? Way to kick the lore in the balls again

I mentioned it earlier

its bullshit, archgriffin is even more griffiny than a griffin

NR Fresh Crew decks seem legit now with the buffs to ballista/siege tower power and scouts having fresh crew

machines will never be good

I just want tonal consistency, is that too much to ask? Going from several books and 3 100+ hour RPGs of "Shit fuck cunt lets all get drunk, rape this elf, then fucking fuck some fucking beer fuck" to "Eat worms kid" is very jarring.

Yes, I know why it was done. Yes, I know it's not coming back, I'm just posting on a Taiwanese basket weaving site.

A reminder to not GG any faggot that runs Spell cancer decks (NG or ST).

>all these whining skellige babies on plebbit

Must be the famous THICK SKIN of Skellige players.

>reading plebbit
kys

You don't even have to go on plebbit to get your fix of salt. The general yeasterday also had a bunch of crying shitters who acted aggressive when being made fun of for overreacting.

Lifecoach is doing some analysis on how viable a potential consume deck would be after update.

He is still tweaking the list.

twitch
.tv/lifecoach1981

Speel decks were a mistake. I sure hope CDPR does something to nerf that shit because dear lord the match ups are freaking boring and sure as hell ain't fun.

Someone should tell him to make a cancer spell deck like most other top streamers are doing right now.

Skellige IS reddit.

>muh nordic heritage
>muh funny accents xD
>muh badass vikings
>muh Skyrim aesthetics

Skellige resembles the average redditor perfectly. No wonder they get mad after nerfs

if skelligre is reddit then who are monster players

That is called Monster weather and already exists.

There is literally nothing wrong with being Monster.

Pre-Schoolers

Oh yeah I forgot, Dagon is going to be the new Meta deck to challenge NG in the ladder now that SK got destroyed with the new patch.

But Monster weather cancer actually plays units not like 3 Bronze units ST or 3 Bronze units NG cancer decks.

Are there going to be any tournaments any time soon? I want to see pros play some gwent

even with the buffs can post buff weather monsters really compete with spell decks?

all that weather does nothing to them