Asymmetrical Slasher General /asg/

deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2741975115062342321/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/12918172084960

Previous thread: Asphyxiated

First for Part Jason is best boy

Funny, Friday the 13th was initially planned to be similar, a series of non-related horror movies released every year on Friday the 13th. Paramount shit-canned the idea though because people liked the Vorhees story too much.

If I recall correctly F13 was going to be mostly campfire-ghost story themed for the most part.

I kinda ruined it by not changing the joke before the link to the previous thread, but here ya go.

I never get to make the new /hbg/ thread

Yes, the guy that left also picked Bugzby

>What is kill diversity

I like that players usually play one or two ways with each counselor in the game.
>Deb players
team players who try and fix everything for everyone
>Tiff players
will run you stuff and run around the map helping with finding items but will cut and run when Jason shows up
>Vanessa players
either assholes who get everyone killed or really good runners and distractions for Jason
>Buggzy players
attract Jason but also protect you
>Chad players
make you feel special before breaking your heart the next day but in that moment you find love
>Jenny players
usually bros on mic or quiet and always team players
>AJ players
generally quiet and will run off and hide but try and fix some stuff for the team too, like reverse Debs
>Kenny players
great at filling in the needed team role
>Adam players
want to get out asap and will work to that goal
>Lachappa players
don't exist

They probably don't have any other executions except their weapon one and it isn't slotted.

>two AJs get the boat fixed up
>I run up the dock as one of them starts the boat
>"sorry Chad, only room for two people. I got the gas and she got the propeller"
>"and I have a gun"
>I point my rifle at her and tell her to back the fuck up
>she tries to get in and I shoot her ass dead
>driver gets out and says what the fuck and tries to kill me with a wrench
>I pick up the dead AJs bat and club her to death
>mfw sailing away scott free, no regrets

/Chad/lyfe

That's actually a bastardization of Chad. Chad doesn't intentionally cause harm to his fellow counselors, he only untintentionally causes harm through his selfishness and gross negligence.

Stealing the boat is fine if they get chased off by Jason and you snag it for yourself and cruise out solo, that's a Chad move, but Chad is ultimately a coward, and isn't violent.

She's so cute, and she'll never be real...

That's not even being Chad, that's just being a cunt. Would've been a lot better if you just took it when they were chased off by Jason but you don't kill people for what they worked on...Now you'll give Chads a bad name.

I think I may be the worst Jason alive, or I just get really unlucky and get put against counselors who aren't as retarded as the ones I usually get put with. Played him 3 times so and just constantly get shit on by Ocean's Eleven-style coordination, killing maybe 1 or 2 a round at best.

What are you talking about user

Girls like AJ are a diamond dozen

*so far

Are you me?

>Play Counselor
>Team of retards who die in the woods with important items
>7/7 killed

>Play Jason
>Counselors are SWAT tacticians and I only get 2-3 kills

deb is better, bitch

Deb is cute too. Post dead Debs.

>If they manage to get the car up and running, they almost always manage to juke me even if I morph ahead of them
>If I try to intervene with any repairs, all of the sudden half the team comes out of the woodwork and gang bangs me
>if I get one alone, they sit beside the door up until the last second, then stun when the second I come through
>they always have a pocket knife when I grab them and a heal spray whenever I just slash
>always miss with the damn throwing knives

They don't need to.
There are environmentals left and right, and they're part 3 so they have grip +

My friend got Jason earlier and I found two pocketknives thinking I was hot shit. Of course when he found me two minutes later he never tried to grab me, he just hacked the shit out of me with his axe.

Tommys, Adams, Jennys and AJ's can break out of part 3 grips if you go looking for environmentals. So it all depends on how badly you need this person dead.

Tommy should always be top priority if there is more than one female counselor alive.

Smart Jasons know to precede every grab with at least one basic attack. That way if and when they use their Swiss cutlery you'll have at least got some damage off instead of standing there with your dick in you hands having accomplished nothing.

>Needledick goes around killing other counselors and leading Jason to people purposely
>Find out afterward that Jason was some girl he was trying to impress and he's a total beta cuck for her

Yeah, and you won't go searching for environmentals against Tommy except if he's the last survivor and you have plenty of time to fuck with him and there aren't the cops on the scene.

Most Tommy players are retarded and most groups don't go for kills.

>fix the boat alone
>decide to wait for a second guy to show up before I drive off
>a Vanessa runs up, I hop in and start to rev the motor
>she shoots me with a shotgun
>my character glitches out for a few seconds before returning to the side of the boat, covered in blood but unhurt
>get back in the boat and resume revving the engine
>silently drive off alone before she can get in

nice try nigger

while that's true, killing Tommy as a priority completely eliminates it as a possible outcome.

>Fix the car by myself and have the car keys
>an AMERICAN Tiffany comes in with a machete trying to TK me
>Try to get in the car to safety so I don't die, backwards drive all the way out and live

Watch out for someone named nastay dude's a literal dick and tried to TK for no reason.

I'm not even sure I'd want to eliminate that possibility.

>Same grab only asshole in the only lobby I can get with decent ping keeps getting jason
>He over traps and hard camps the phone while the car leaves full of people, Tommy respawns, fixes the boat, and escapes again
>The last person alive is a Vanessa
>She just kites Jason for 8 minutes straight telling him how bad, and unfun of a player he is.
>The Part 7 Jason just keeps walking at her shifting in CD to miss
>Doesn't try and stalk around corners, doesn't pick up knives to try and hit her with
>Just keeps tunneling her while getting lectured
That was oddly satisfying to watch. .

>TFW two grrl gamers have ratted me out so far to save their skin only for me to come back as Tommy and shoot their asses.
>Both of them pulled that "Ohmigod get over it!" shit
Fucking girls like this are why most of my pub games are a nightmare.

I'm outright avoided getting into cars as soon as it becomes clear the driver is a woman. I just go for the boat or the other car.

To be fair the cars are a shitshow for 90% of the player base, male or female.

>in a game with like 6 streamerfucks

Yes, but women will crash three seconds into driving even when Jason is on the other side of the map.

If you drive backwards the whole way can Jason even interact with the car outside of shifting straight up to it?

No he can't, if you drive back to fast he can't press the E prompt in time. The only thing he could do is possibly shift to the front of it and have it automatically do it.

Welcome to every video game ever. There's always going to be some desperate loser letting the enemy win if it's a girl

Good to know, I'll have to try out just reversing away from Jason the whole way

>trap all the objectives at the start and start making my way around the map
>hear one go off
>it's the car one
>4 people there trying to install the battery
>Most scatter almost immediately
>chick with the battery runs with it instead of just dropping it
>some German asshat behind me is trying to get my attention
>Nope, battery chick must die
>Follow her to a cabin
>start working on the door
>more mic spam
>it's the german again, right behind me
>don't try to swing or run, just standing there taunting
>get distracted and didn't notice the trap on the floor
>patience draining
>the moment I recover, German takes a swing and stuns me again
>patience gone
>1 pocket knife and a long chase later finally punch his head off
>time for battery chick
>she's halfway across the map already
>get to the cabin
>suddenly more German laughing
>asshat came back as Tommy
>still hasn't learned his lesson and tries to stand behind me
>fool me once
>lag out enough that even though he ran, the grab still connected
>kill him again
>angry German noises renew my will to live
Moral of the story is don't pick Part 7 Jason

Driving back and forth on the road in forward and then reverse are more-or-less the hatch stand offs of this game.
They take a long time, and they're just boring as fuck to be in but neither side wants to lose it.

Car has an edge though, it will eventually inch toward an exit in between Morph CDs.

That said, if Jason gets in the back of the car, it will smash into him and stop exactly like if he was in the front

Just know when driving backwards, left and right is inverted. So Right is Left and Left is Right.

This only confirms my point, most matches I can't be treated like a team player because of other girls shitting up the game.

Did that one guy ever upload the nude models?

wow no shit have you ever driven a car?

What's the best way to use Stalk effectively? Most seem to use it after they've approached a cabin with people in it, which usually doesn't usually fool anyone

Either chase them or detect them with sense and get to the cabin before they do. You could knock the door down earlier when there's no one inside so you can slip in the back.

490th time for break down doors in a high traffic cabin, teleport inside with stalk on, don't move so it lasts longer, and surprise the counselors

I wish we had a game with f13s gameplay and different objectives but killers with actually differing powers like dbd

>its another night of spacewars
>mfw

who else /poor/

I wouldn't want to get memed on that hard.

Second time I played Jason a group tried, they got the cops and instead of fleeing they all waited for me and tried to knock off the mask, but I killed Tommy and their Adam so the Tiffany wearing the sweater just stunned me using the sweater and the 2 of them ran off.

stalk before shifting or morphing into a location where there's counselors.

Here's two strategies I use
>use sense to detect occupied cabins from far away
>activate stalk and shift to the entrance
>if you're lucky the door is open/unlocked
>if not wait until someone comes out and scare them

Alternatively
>outside a cabin with the occupants aware of my presence
>destroy a door but stay outside
>stalk and morph in the same location so the occupants think I've fucked off
>walk inside and surprise buttfuck the first counselor I see

Thanks
Can you Morph directly inside a building once the doors been busted down, or do you still land outside and have to walk in and drain the stalk duration a bit?

>Was interested in the game
>Preorder was exclusively on kickstarter or their own website
>Didn't trust them enough to preorder somewhere I couldn't get a refund, since a good amount of kickstarter games never happen
>As soon as they announce a release date they disabled preorders and locked preorder bonuses
These devs are honestly massive cunts, punishing people who were worried about another kickstarter scam.

The latter. If they're not close to the building you could always morph there, enter, and then stalk when you've found a good place.

They're going to sell the Savini Jason and probably the clothing pack at some point in the future.

How the fuck are there people this high level?

By no-lifing. I'm level 45 at around 90 hours according to Steam, though some of that wasted time during the database login fuckery a few days after release. I've seen people with twice my playtime.

>kickstarter

They sold Savini for $6 on backerkit.

>their website

Backerkit is not their website, it's a kikestarter knockoff.

Savini was for sale for over a year and they said multiple times that they were gonna cut him off soon.

they no life the game.
duh

It's a real shame a Jason with
+Sense
+Destruction
+Stalk
Doesn't exist he might be the ultimate jump scare Jason otherwise and really encourage new play.

Part 9 is already a pain in the ass because stalk/shift spam

That's becasue he's got +shift

How am I suppose to know where the police is if I don't have a map?

people already cant even play without grabs and instant executions

dont throw new curve balls at them

Part 4/5/X DLC

You're supposed to find a map by then. They're pretty common and every map has a stand with infinite maps to take from.

Or just ask people where the police are.

Yeah, but it's through a kickstarter knock off that had no chance of a refund if they never actually made the game. Then when a release date was actually announced they cut off any preorder bonuses at all

How good are the epic versions of Sucker Punch? I wonder if the machete would be a viable solo weapon with it.

Literally if they just tweaked part 8 and gave him + sense or atleast not - sense he'd be perfect. water speed feels so bad, seeing as the boat isn't hard to stop as any jason even part 2 can just morph ahead tip it over once their in the water their as good as dead any way.

I'd buy that jason.

You don't get charged until they tell you that you are, which for Savini was in March, and they have always offered refunds.

How do I skip the intro that plays every time I start the game? It's friggin loud, holy shit.

would you rather have this jason or 8/8 asphyxiated?

You don't. While we're on the subject of annoying noises, does anyone find that Pamela's voice at the start of a match as Jason, as well as at the end cutscene, is full of static?

I like getting into melees with Jason, so yeah.

>be going through window
>Jason hits me in the animation
>Jason breaks the window in the animation same
>Game gives me damage from broken window and gives me a suicide

Amazing

>spacewars
?

For people who pirated the game and have to launch it through Steam that's the default game it gives them, though it isn't a real game on the market at all.

meanwhile the real game is called SummerCamp.. Going back to the time before they got the license and were just going to do a non licensed generic Asymmetric Horror Game.

Can pirates play with buyers or can they only play with other pirates?

No idea, I had the game backed senpai.

Should I use Deborah or AJ?

Are you a metagaming faggot who wants to play the best character? Play AJ
Are you Disabled and or have both poor reaction time and hand eye coordination? Play Deb

I reckon changing +shift to +morph would make him spooky and less frustrating to play against.

only with other pirates

did the license make the game better or worst?

The license made the game better, but more expensive. The thing this game does very well is atmosphere and that was greatly enhanced by the Friday the 13th license and composer.

Be a man of taste and play Jenny. Take sense avoidance perks and become invisible.

play chad

play tiffany

I was in a game where we reversed the entire way out and Jason couldn't do dick about it

You were playing against a bad Jason then.

>Solo repair 4 seater
>Guy with keys wont come from Blairs to Higgins
>Shoot Jason with my shotgun while he's standing in front of me staring at me
>It does nothing
>He walks up and warps me into his hand from 10 feet away and kills me instantly
>Jason proceeds to murder everyone else because the fucker with the keys refuses to do anything and he gets killed as well

>Keep trying to play Part 7 Jason as a sort of self-imposed challenge
>Most matches either go poorly or stay frustrating
>decide to try and play differently, focusing on Stalk and Sense instead of spamming Shift the second it comes off it's long cooldown
>New Match
>Go to trap the car and the phone box
>Both are right beside each other so that makes life easier
>preemptively start breaking windows at the big house, cut the power to the area, and take out a lone counselor
>start spotting people gravitating towards the car
>chase them around the phone building until one of them locks the door
>break it down and chase them out
>Once they're gone, just switch on Stalk and wait
>Pinging Sense like I'm a damn submarine sonar
>Hear someone say they got all the car parts
>Here they all come again
>Just wait as they all start to congregate around the car
>Wait until they start trying to see if they can bypass the trap to Shift in for a hello
>Chaos ensues
>turned into a long drawn out chase around the building with them trying to fix the phone box and me breaking it over and over
>eventually ended on a 5/7 (2 raged when they didn't get Jason)
I didn't think Part 7 Jason could be so much fun

Some people are just too fucking retarded for their own good
>Working on fixing up a car
>Teammate on walkie "Hey I found the phone fuze, do you know where the phone is?"
>Reply telling him it's over by me at the car, give him the area name as well
>One minute passes "Hey where's the phone box at?"
>...."I already told you, it's over here with me and the car, come over"
>"I don't have a map"
>"Okay, it's south. Just keep going south and you'll reach me and the phone cabin"
>He proceeds to ask 5 more times and gets mad when I ask if he's fucking retarded
>Later find his dead body right in front of the fuze box along with the fuze
At least the idiot found it in the end

>grab counselors in the middle of an open area
>NONE of the grab executes will go off, not even choke.

Part 7 has the best weapon in game.