Why isn't there a direct competitor for the Corvette from Ford?

Why isn't there a direct competitor for the Corvette from Ford?

They probably don't want to cannibalize Mustang sales.

your shops are legitimately impressive friend

Those are more than 400k. I was talking about a under 100k competitor where the Corvette stands. All they have is a GT350.

There are lots of shit cars from Ford.

That's a fair reason. But having one will also be cool anyways.

I appreciate it a lot, my friend!

thunderbird, cobra and then pantera

They probably don't have one for a lot of reasons.
1) The Mustang: They don't want to lose them or knock it off its faux pedestal as Fords performance vehicle. I say faux pedestal because the Mustang is the only real sports car/performance oriented vehicle you can get from them. The GT is far too expensive, and the rest of their vehicles are ass for performance.

2)Models and Heritage: This is a big thing for a lot of manufacturers, whether or not they actually care or just want to use it for marketing. In the past, Fords big track car was the GT-40, which progressed into the 2nd and 3rd generation Get that you see on the road. These cars have always been the track oriented car. Today a lot of track focus comes from pony cars on the road, as seen with the GT350R and the Camaro SS 2LE and ZL1 1LE. Dodge is more muscle car based and as such the challenger is more often than not seen on a drag strip if it goes anywhere thats not the streets to race. These cars often times can beat a similarly priced, and often higher prices European car on the track, as seen with the Camro SS 1LE vs the BMW M4. American performance car dominance, whether it's on a track or on a drag strip is starting to be a lot more common. This is relevant to the discussion because it also ties into the domestic competition, and therefore the original question about a competitive car from Ford to beat the Corvette.
The GT used to be the one to fit this bill, but now that it's a $400K supercar, that's probably not going to happen. Honestly, Ford will have to develop a new model completely, and either give it a new name or try to name it after an old car such as the Thunderbird or something. Ford will most likely be reluctant to do this due to development costs, marketing reception, and their image as a family friendly car company or whatever strategy they're trying to push. Ford also figures that if they can keep throwing the Mustang out there, they'll be fine. It honestly seems like they don't have the will or the balls to step into the ring of the horsepower war with the other two of the big three.

3)EcoBoost and V8 Engines: Ford has been pushing this line of engines for years now, presumably for power and efficiency. By doing this they have almost completely abandoned having a V8 in anything besides the Mustang and F-150. The 5.0 is a good motor, but it just doesn't measure up to the 6.2 offered by Chevrolet, and any V8 from dodge bigger than the 5.7 Hemi is statistically better than the Coyote. The 5.2 liter Voodoo in the GT350 is a great motor, but it's cost is prohibitive to many buyers and it being a flat plane crank makes it more suited to track use with high revs where it truly shines, but don't get me wrong it can kick ass in a drag race, especially against the non supercharged motors from Dodge and Chevrolet. What ford needs to do to rectify this is develop a two new V8 motors. One needs to be a supercharged variant and better than the 5.4 or the 5.8 Trinity, so that any theoretical GT500 and theoretical challenger to the with a new supercharged motor can take on the Hellcat and ZL1. This would also allow ford to take on the track kings, the Viper and the Z06, from Dodge and Chevrolet, with any theoretical car developed for track use. Additionally, Ford should bring back a big block motor, like a 427/428/429 Cobra Jet/SCJ, and if they put one of those in a Mustang or whatever car they want to develop, those cars equipped with these motors would annihilate naturally aspirated Challengers, Camaros, and Corvettes, as well as potentially start as big block horsepower war, which would be amazing. And before anyone goes off about muh emissions and muh federal regulation regarding fuel consumption, its reasonable to believe that if all the Supercharged motors from Chevrolet and Dodge as well as Chevrolet producing a 427 in the last gen Z/28, its safe to assume some kind of power/fuel efficiency compromise/solution can be made.

Tl;Dr The mustang needs drastic improvements, a new competor model needs created, EcoBoost is ass, and Ford needs new V8s.

you can't afford either so shut the hell up

Fucking retard

Ford should bring back the Probe and make it a race car.

Is there any real point to the Corvette with the top trim Camaro's? Serious question btw.

The Camarillo isn't a sports car it's a shortened ATS.
The next Corbett will probably be MR in some variation which puts more distance between the them.

I never understood people's fascinations with the GT350s laptimes? It's not made to go around a track as fast as possible. It's made to be a track/street car that the driver loves, and it seems like it's done that.

If I had to buy a new car in that price range, it would probably be the GT350.
>IMO it looks lovely
>Sound is awesome
>fun high reving V8
>Manual transmission for feels
>Gives great driver feedback
>Pretty good interior desu, especially the seats
>Seems like everyone who drives it has a fucking blast doing so
>Maintenance won't buttfuck you
>Should hold it's value well

JUST

I didn't know that I could get one of those for $50k

>5 times the price

2/10 bait, made me reply

Likely business reason: Costs to develop a competitor to the market segment don't add up when considering the slice of marketshare attainable in a reasonable time period.

Just make faster mustangs. fuck it.

>ss 1le just as fast around a track as a z51 corvette
>zl1 1le just as fast around a track as a z06
That being said, just buy what you want

You need to get laid, m8

Here's the reason it never happened. Carol Shelby has always made a version of mustang and it's performance was good enough for 99% of customers. Along with normal car driving position.

>he loves going slow

That's not a Corvette competitor, its an Aventador and 812Superfast competitor. It's literally ten times the cost of base C7.

rekt

>2 SCOOPS

wtf is going on in that webm. that is not at all how you make a corndog

I never realized how much I wanted a stangvette until now

I just want a three way picture with the Hellcat added with a bunch of DNFs and a picture of a smoke cloud from the burnouts instead of the car sitting static.

live slow, die old.

If you're tremendously butthurt over the hellcat, be my guest.
because that's what that means.

The laptimes honestly don't and wouldn't bother me at all as an owner.

I have a Bugeye WRX making 300hp and I have an AW11 with the stock powertrain and blown shocks. The WRX probably does 0-60 in half the time of the MR2 and it would spank it on any track.

Guess which one is SUBSTANTIALLY more fun to drive.
The MR2

It's not even a competition. Fast does not always equal fun.

The camaro, the challenger

woops I read it wrong

Idk why ford or dodge won't build a similar corvette

They used to, and it outsold the Corvette. I've been saying Ford should bring back a comfy roadster with the Coyote motor

No u

>frozen dog
>overfilled cup
>non-Newtonian batter
>fucking COLD oil

literally anything that can run for more than 3 minutes, or 6 miles, whichever comes first

oh boy

u blind fuckin fag

Dodge had the viper but it was ridiculously priced.

It also didn't have the Boomer fanbase that will buy one every 5 years.

The GT