2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Tell me why I shouldn't buy one

Other urls found in this thread:

tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/2006-saabt-5-speed/6293616926.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good choice

You should buy one honestly

This is the one I'm looking at. Do y'all think it's a good choice?

tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/2006-saabt-5-speed/6293616926.html

that's a pretty good price
just make sure there isn't something horribly wrong with it

>tampa

make sure it isn't flood damaged

get it up on a lift

People on Veeky Forums usually love the SAAB. Its one of the least hated brand around here. I do like SAAB aswell.

What are the common issues associated with the 9-3 2.0T? I know it's a GM engine but I'd like to know what to look for before going in and looking at this car.

It's pretty funny actually. Here in Sweden SAAB gets so much hate. I guess it comes from SAAB and Volvo competing for the Swedish market over the years.

I like SAAB too but I need RWD so Volvo it is. If it's not a problem go for it, they are nice cars and a tune + simple mods can give them quite some power.

It makes me sad our car companies took over Saab and Volvo. They used to both be really neat imports with very different strengths and ways of designing things.

Because you should get a civic for 3k.

Those Ecotec 4-bangers were designed by the finest engineers from Chevy, Opel and Saab themselves, and as a result they're very good, solid engines.

Anyone have experience with non turbo 900s
>inb4 no turbo lol

So long as the oil was changed,yes. They were very prone to sludge though.

The injector coils go bad sometimes. Both my brothers and dads are dying, and they are expensive to replace (I think they said $160 a coil)

Be glad you don't have the 2nd gen 900, 1st gen 9-3 or first gen 9-5?
Because the good thing about the 2nd gen 9-3 is that there is no DIC where you have to replace all four.

Are Saab cupholders as shitty and fragile as they look?

Eeuroparts has a blog post on top 10 biggest issues with the ecotec. It is pretty good engine, not as great as the b2X4 bit still bretty good

You will wish you got a turbo. But being non turbo it is rediculously reliable and the transmission pinion bearing will hold up much longer.

You might be thinking about the b2x5. The ecotec l850 didn't have any significant sludge issues

They are modern marvels of engineering.

I've never had them break.