/egg/ Engineering Games General - formerly /svgg/

googling random op image edition

previous ded The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general
>Persona games, found in the persona general, /pg/ not in this general

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies, look in serb browser

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/CiZO2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This thread needs hatches and lasers.

How would one go about building this in Space Engineers without it being jiggly and slow.

option 1: rotors + pistons + blast doors for safety
option 2: mod in hinges
option 3: use submarine hatch mod
option 4: cry

you cant

Gunbuster, I love it how every so often people ask about that anime and how to build it's weaponry.

Nevermind that it's a mecha anime but the ships are better.

If someone could figure out how to build it in Starmade, I'd happily join the faction that could do it.

Well, Actually they would need to build a few things for me to join.

I have gunbuster here somehwere. there's a lot of room for improvement with this gif stand by.

Thank you, I used to have the laser gif's saved but lost them.

If you could get the missile tubes and any other weapons on the ships that would be swell!

SPACE ENGINEERS

Looking for a good Dry Dock / Repair / Construction Station or Ship.

I used to have a good one saved that was a hollow metal box with the repair arms inside.

the one you make yourself.

>the one you make yourself.
But, user.
>the one i make myself.
Isn't as good as those on workshop.

There's a few minutes of footage between the hatches opening and the guns firing. I'll have to fuck around with formats or find a video editor that isn't gay don't wait up.

that's a quitter's attitude my guy
step it up

Tried my best and it ain't good enough, I can't speed up repairs anymore than it currently does.

>Inverse kinematics isn't all that complicated.
Explain it then

redo it from the grounds up then
oh and don't forget to get gud

It's like kinematics, but inverse.

blender?

getting now. windows movie maker is so shitty oh god why

There's an easier solution, It's describe in the episode of Star trek: Voyager "Think Tank"

Cheat, In this context just use the workshop as people have already done the leg work on creating a better design than i could ever come up with.

Can one discuss Oxygen Not Included here?

Why isn't construction in space engineers like this?

not /egg/
same genre as doft fortress or rimjob

>factory approaching 400 MW of consumption
>nuclear reactor doing just fine

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

>assumption: workshop designs are the best designs
>conclusion: ask belter ore identification community for designs
Should just fuck off to the workshop or discussion pages, really.

good luck with it, it's powerful, but not intuitive
you switch to video editing mode in the top left dropdown (will be on default by default)

why not just use webm for retards

>in op
>webm for you
son, you just have to use trim and click start end end.
no rocket science!

Hmm, Your right.

Damn shame as the design, I was subbed from before was built on /egg/

Can't do hatches but here are some lasers.

It's a shame SE doesn't have lasers, otherwise i'd be cutting into enemy ships in MP for sure.

Why is Crossout so popular when it's figuratively just Robocraft but with less creativity and all of the bullshit that ruined Robocraft like those goddamn crates? I gave it 12 hours, and both times I got a crate that was supposed to be a "high chance of rare part" it slapped me with white decorative headlights. It's bullshit. It's the same bullshit that killed Robocraft.

Trying to spawn a repair station to study it's design, but this keeps coming up.

Single with max block for world.

set your block limits to 0 you dingus

>add movie to blender
>it loops the first 10 seconds of videos despite acknowledging that the full length of the clip is nearly 2 mins

Yeah this isn't for me

You have the option of avoiding crates.
Sell them on for other numpties to waste money on.

Do you wanna know why?

It's simple, because it came with the crates unlike robocraft.

>start shifting to decentralised construction with train delivery
>still can't decide if I should make green circuits locally or not
kill me

WEBM
FOR
RETARDS
it's in the damn OP
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Fuck go yourself

Just upload it as a webm to imgur

I set it to disable and i still get the error.

>Why is Crossout so popular
Because it is new.
That's how flavour of the month works.

Why would you want to make them locally?
As I see it, the stack size of 200 makes them an item well suited for train freight.

post picture of world settings

imgur.com/a/CiZO2
There you go.

Took the opportunity to learn a more about ffmpeg. Blender is a bit much.

try unchecking that gay block limits box

I really need to start reading this (Battle Angel Alita), from what I've heard it sounds awesome and very /egg/. Anyone know a good source for it?

Oh, Sweet.

Thank you!

this seems to be working magnet:?xt=urn:btih:25bf50a8ccf567b4b8da735056ee9645b27727cc&dn=Battle+Angel+Alita+1-9+%2B+Last+Order+1-19+%2B+Mars+Chronicle+c001&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

I think i've found without a doubt the best looking design to use for a repair drone.

finally found a use for hell lamps

Thanks /egg/bro

>ping 207

OK now that I'm actually here and have a second
Inverse kinematics is the use of simple geometry (triangles) to black-box the operation of a robotic limb in order to place an end effector, in our case a foot. What you end up doing is hard coding the length of the limbs, and then figure out through whatever means wherever you actually need that foot to be in relation to its origin. Let's say you need it to be two units below the mounting point and one ahead, as the start of a walk cycle. Plug this in. The software takes this location and, knowing both the length of the leg segments and the direct distance between the mounting point and the target location, determines what angle the rotor on each joint needs to be at to form that triangle. It then turns on the rotors and spins them to match. Essentially, little more than applied 5th grade geometry. This can be nested within itself any number of times to control a limb of any arbitrary number of segments. The target can be varied as you see fit on the fly, allowing for both full, smooth walk cycles and dynamic balance by monitoring the hull orientation.

You could make that refittable and just put different tools into it.

this thread needs more webms of starmade & space engineer battles

How to identify shitters in crossout
1. Painted pink/green
2. Using default weapons at 2000+
3. Not stopping a cap or starting a cap

spengo fights were so disappointing. They never live up to your expectations when you're building the vehicle.

the problem with spagnies is that guns fucking shred everything and only have 800 meter range which is boring as fuck
turrets have very good tracking and laser accuracy meaning fighters vs. turrets are pretty much useless

Agreed except weapons.
Didn't have any luck in the lootgrind.

By the way, is the matchmaking based on PS or levels ?

because the "preview" is defaulting on 10s, there are little clippers that you can extend at the bottom.
told you it's fuggen unintuitive
do what user tells, look OP, use it

rotors and merge blocks, rotors and merge block

Opend my first Loot Crate for 14hrs and got the fucking kakhi spray, what happend to a high chance at a rare?

khaki*

On paper ftd should deliver decent space battles since there's no apparent range limit for manual targeting and AI can shoot shit up to 5km away but neither spacecraft nor multiplayer really took off. Spesshaps mainly get used in single player to take a shit on the npc factions.

Is there any particular reason why the spengies server is always abandoned(ie everyone playing elsewhere or awful simspeed), or it's just indicative of the playerbase?

fug

But Spengies no longer has range restrictions. There's built in detection hardware now and nobody can hide from recon satellites. You can missile and modcannon from 5km all day.

Say. Using this as an example how hard would it be to construct a repair dock that expands and then closes when not in use?

In starmade if everyone is using small weapons to shoot at each other isn't it more practical to build a massive ship with tons of small weapons to spam them to death?

As a rapid fire gun beats a bolt action rifle.

The 800m range being removed is interesting but off-the-shelf weapons would suck a lot of the fun out of it for me. Wouldn't everyone just use whatever gun had the least spread? If SE even has spread.

turrets still are confined to 600 and 800m, but you can detect and track targets on almost unlimited distances, only thing limiting you is lag
PMWs are the only way to go, except point defence

nimble fighters with decoy-tails will still reign supreme

In what game?

Also, that example is dumb because a repair dock would require an open space in the center, that thing there has stalks to attach cargo containers intead of an area for things to be repaired.

Let me fix that up a bit for you.

Space Engineers.

still bad, still no space inside.
why have an extendable setup if you are gonna zip around the guy you are repairing after that? just have a whole wall of welders if you wanna fly around and fix parts.
I recommend go with spider legs, they are nicely tucked in beneath the belly, later they extend to make a welding cage, ship just passes through and that's all

or you mean a repair setup to weld yourself, then it's better to just have welders behind armour than have an extended spine with little repair arms but it's a cool idea

No? The weapon with the least possible spread is an anti-ship missile. Anti-ship missiles in Spengies are large, requiring either large ships or many smaller ones to carry an effective load of warheads. The presence of large ships means that if you've not got many missiles you're gonna need big guns to kill the ships. Smaller destroyer and frigate class ships can't fit the fuck huge triples so they'll git the single and double turrets to compliment their small missile payloads. Torpedo bombers will be hell against large ships because they're hard to hit, needing faster firing weapons or smaller anti-starfighter missiles to effectively kill.

Essentially if everyone actually used what Spengies now affords it's players everything would look like Soviet missile and aviation cruisers.

That's only an example, Keep in mind it would be more like this but those ribs would collapse on one another into a single rib and the ship in this.

picture would close up and be without the massive pole.

Whoops forgot image.

That's boring. Everything is about missiles and missile defense in real life I don't want it in my escapism.

you're talking about some weapons that don't exist

there's missile spammers and bullet spammers, and warhead clangers

Space Engineers needs more defensive and offensive stuff.

Shields, Deflectors.

Denser hull material.

Better power sources

More engine systems

Point defense systems that aren't just bullets

autocannons

mass drivers

railguns

lasers

torpedos

nukes

plasma

>[Team] wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwa

he's talking about PMWs and they exist
why limit yourself to vanilla tourettes, when you can clangineer warheards with gyroscopes and thrusters
when you can remote control missile fleets
when you can make camera detection arrays
when you can make clangbombs

>Shields, Deflectors.
no space magic

>Denser hull material.
is heavy armor not good enough? an even more massive option would be bad for maneuverability

>More engine systems
why? I think they got the bases covered

>nukes
would be op

>plasma
space magic again

how do you play crossout?

i cant download it on steam page

>Space Engineers needs more defensive and offensive stuff.
yes
but half of the thing you listed are already in, you just have to build them yourself, not rely on "i'm dumb" - 1 block solutions.
more things except boom / small boom / boolit would be awesome
power and thrust systems that have to be build from multiple blocks that word differently if placed in different manners would be awesome
>denser hull
this is the one I disagree with, less dense armour is better in spengos
pneumatic-wheel-heavy composite

The problem with shields is it goes against the whole reason space engineers exists. SE is a spaceship wrecking simulator tech demo that has been nigger rigged into a semi-playable full game.

>semi-playable
not playable
>full game
XD and other emoticons

>you just have to build them yourself
>in clangineers

1 block solutions are required

>being opposed to the notion of clangbomb
wew

no, you don't
go away

>no space magic

I disagree, You can still smash a ship against shields and you'll simulate compacting your ship into a flat pancake at least where you've smashed into the shield and how fast you were traveling at.

Now the thing about shields is, you could potentially design a dagger craft to penetrate shields.

muh sekrit club :^)

>Now the thing about shields is, you could potentially design a dagger craft to penetrate shields.
it's not how shield mod currently operates, but I'm interested
carry on
have you ever thought of googling the game?

No it isn't, first you get the opening stage where spacecraft are launched on an attack vector followed by the first salvo of heavy AShMs. Following this is, hopefully, a dogfight between each sides torpedo bombers and interceptors. As the first waves near the fleets, the second wave of missiles is fired from the missile cruisers and terminal defense missiles are launched against fighters and missiles. By the nature of Spengies probably 40% of all of each sides missile stocks have been expended and they are now within heavy gun range. The Torpedo bombers begin making their attack run as heavy gunfire begins to erupt between the fleets. If ships are equipped with evasive jumpdrives, they will begin to initiate microjumps. Shortly later, terminal SHORAD begins to fire on the remaining missiles. As the torpedo bombers return to the aviation cruisers, the battlefleets will either begin to disengage or continue closing to medium weapons range, and begin attempting to use spinal mass packet accelerator cannons to remove the capital ships from the fight definitively and quickly. Roughly 85% of missiles, including both AShM and terminal defense, have been expended. If the fleets have not yet disengaged, the fight will not last long beyond this point as either the fleets continue to close or open back to medium weapons range. The second and final torpedo bombers run is either underway or complete. Beyond this point, the remaining ships still moving under their own power will still be shot completely full of holes. Any capital ships, carriers or flagships will have taken multiple terminal missile strikes or a hit from a gravity cannon, rendering them little more than scrap. Anything capable of jumping away will now do so.

By now the landing fleet should be conducting operations to establish or contest ground control or tackling enemy shipyards.

literally impossible because of the engine

abusable by strafejump gravsniper/missilesniper
ship with nothing except a huge gun and 8 or so jump drives
it's low mass allows for constant jumps, it can infedinitely manage its preferable engagement range, while spamming gravgun or torpedos.
repeats untill cargo holds are empty (in 1 variant it's stone / gravel, in 2nd it's parts to weld a missile)
it then jumps to resupply, jump back