Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

Animal Mother is... Edition

Previous thread: → → →

This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Official Steam Group Edition VVVVVV
steamcommunity.com/groups/rs2gsquadup

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY
youtube.com/watch?v=UXKIBYnM_9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actual previous thread

Nice thread fucktard

Is it worth buying this if you don't have any buddies to squad up with

Huh. You can buy NVA shit online for relatively cheap that was made from salvaged US aircraft aluminum.

Yes

t. runecoon not fooling me

The same kind of chestrigs and webbing that the NVA used go for 10-15 bucks too

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY

>calling the ak variants all just ak47
>calling the loach a littlebird
>calling arty fire "airsupport"
>saying airsupport instead of firesupport
>calling the ac47 an ac130
why are people so fucking stupid and why are they all in my game

Why can't Burgers and their 3rd world-tier internet connections stay off Euro servers?
Also, get on point and stop fucking around.
Radiomen fucking mark the battlefield for strikes.
Squadleaders dig them damn tunnels.

Autistic roleplayfags such as you are the worst.

post your stats

>not calling the ac47 spooky
come on man

How are you supposed to get points in the loach exactly? I get like 4 times as much from PTFOing on the ground.

>points
>loach
hahaha
your job is to be a good cuck while the cobra guns down all your spots

The next time I think I'll just hover out of RPG range and spray all my ammo at the VC spawn points. Maybe that'll work.

i dont if the cobra is dumbshit flying without tac ui on

>calling the swirly twirly flying squirrely a loach
shiggy

>calling the cobra an apache

sorry for low quality .webm
R8, no bully pls.
Also who huey pilot here?

Is anyone else's life so fucked up right now he'd rather go back in time and take a tour of duty in Nam?

>When the tails out, mains are fucked up and you're helplessly strapped in spinning around while the pilot tries to take back control of the aircraft.

>that flying

his passengers' faces when

I'm trying, but I'm not very good yet.

that's what I do. Just sit at tree top level hovering outside of the dshk and rpg range then just exhaust all your ammo into the woods or where they have tunnels. Generally get an average of 5 kills a match that way. I'm starting to get better though I can actually pinpoint hit a dude if I can see him.

easiest way to get a better bitrate is to drop the res. I usually aim for 680x360. It really doesn't need to be bigger than that. You can do other shit but that will give you an instant boost without fucking your frames.

How do I stop accidentally TKing the same persons over and over again?
Hundreds of hours into RO2/RS and 70 into RS2 and I still have an uncanny ability to fuck this up.

Thats a pretty sneaky LZ right on A.

Sneaky, yet sphincter-clenching. 8/10. Manage quicker approaches and landings and that'd be a 10/10- if risky- drop my man.

>calling the UH1 helo a "swirly green hawk"
>calling a napalm strike a "fire flavored milkshake"
>calling a M16 a "Jammy Popper"
>calling willy pete grenades "freedom powder"
>calling frag grenades "self grave shovellers"
>calling Vietnamese prostitues "wet foxholes"
>calling dead kids "liberated civilians"

Reminder

>infinite sprint
>horrid broken audio cues for weapons/explosions/announcer
>literally like 5 maps
>hit reg is 50/50 working - shooting someone in the back is literally russian roulette
>glitches galore
>cant trade kill - your bullets are instantly invalidated as soon as you die, meaning two people shooting each other - person with 1+ms ping will lose out
>no wave spawning like RO2 - people sprint in one by one into the meat grinder to get picked off
>kills shown in in-game scoreboard; encourages people playing for K/D, not objectives
>really bad LOD and texture pop-up even on ultra
>no server-side foliage settings - poor cunts on their dads work laptop playing on low have an advantage over people playing on high and ultra
>community is full of kids role playing their favourite childhood 'nam movies (Tropic Thunder)
>SL is no longer a class and is usually taken by level 1 scrubs that loaded in first and took the sniper class
>smokes (aka the most useful item in the game) are now given to the most useless classes
>people play pointman and grenadier for shotgun and noob tube, not to smoke up objectives

I still find myself coming back though in spite of all this

Autism.

3 out of those 14 are issues.
Are you gonna shill for squad now?

t. 1-1 guy

off you go to the ultra hardcore super realistic rolepay tactical speacial force server in ArmA then

>infinite sprint
That destroys your aim if you do it for longer than 10 seconds.

way too slow, nice spot tho

You wont be playing in 3 weeks once the honey moon period ends and you start to realise it's an Early Access game still in beta

I actually liked RO2 and RS more than Arma. RS2 currently plays like CoD hardcore mode, and it has been designed like that to attract the esports crowd

The worst is people calling recon and scouts UAV.

>>cant trade kill - your bullets are instantly invalidated as soon as you die, meaning two people shooting each other - person with 1+ms ping will lose out
not sure if true. I had trade kills many times.

>RS2 currently plays like CoD hardcore mode
>it has been designed like that to attract the esports crowd
(You)

>You won't be playing in 3 weeks
I hope this is you projecting
this game is going to be so good in 3 weeks when people start leaving it

>esports crowd

you mean the people keeping PC gaming alive?

youtube.com/watch?v=UXKIBYnM_9Q
>tfw no big marine with a pair of friendly eyes to protect me against charlie

Yeah found that spot not to long ago and am still getting a feel for it. Trick is though, trick is you have to come in real low. Under that bridge so you don't get lit up but that gun sitting right there. Really wanted to show the rest of you so you all can start using it.

Is there a rivalry than between sapper and combat engineer.

There really should be a 3rd person view for passengers, I can't see shit or feel the motion sickness from crazy flying.

That'd ruin the immersion of riding in a huey.

Maybe if you're comparing RS2 to CoD and not RO2/RS. Feel free to actually address how they are non-issues though, unless you are the shill?

Then it'll just be you a barely enough people to fill a server. You'll probably get so bored that you'll play Compound and Firebase. Here's a tip: VC always win on Firebase

Dont hold your breath on TW actually releasing new content. Only took them 2 years to add troop carriers into RO2

I meant as an option. I'm always twiddling my thumbs as a passenger because there's jackshit I can do until I see the little man with the thumbs up to go hot into an Lz.

>VC always win on firebase

>mfw Americans call a whirly-whirly liftingbopler a "helicopter"
>mfw they call a jimmy-jammy gookslotter an "M-16"
>mfw they call a pointy-toity bing bong fully automagicalidocious shoot machine an "M60"

I read in a big steam forum post a long time ago that the entire two years we went without it was actually spent on modelling -just- the interior of the halftracks. What a load of shit.

You can always yell at your incompetent pilot for flying above 75m during SAMs or never landing.

Who else /spawninnahueyat150mAGLandhearSAMwarnings/ here?

In such close quarters the AK's 30 round mag makes the VC much more powerful and effective force compared to the 18 round mag of the M16

Yep. Two years to accurately model the 2 (two) troop carriers, and another 20 months to model the 2 tanks

>Barely enough people to fill a server
So just like RO2/RS? Don't see the problem here famalam, smaller communities are better than larger ones.

>Chinkshit Kalashnikov better than the M16
>Ever
(you)

>mfw Americans call icky-sticky fire jelly "Napalm"
>mfw Americans call a pointy rifle hat a "bayonet"
>mfw Americans call booming surprise from the skies "Air Support"

Just leave then if you don't like the game. All you seem to be doing is trying to convince people in the general to not play.

If people know what your talking about then its fine, fuck off with your autism.

>Flag over C doesn't change based on who capped it.

RO2/RS had the variety of Allied v. Axis and US v. Japan, plus several dev and dev approved community maps, along with workshop community maps

RS2 has five maps?

This general isnt your personal VC roleplay hugbox mate. Im highlighting the serious issues with the game that will likely take TW months if not years to fix

I was very excited for RS2, being a big fan of RO2/RS, but the direction TW went with the game was disappointing.

Keep playing if you like the game, I doubt this general will exist after another 4 weeks though

>mfw Americans call Sir Charles de Gookinghamshire, 2nd Marquess of Hanoi, "Charlie"

>join server with 20 ping
>try to fly, it's cancer
>check ping, it's actually 200
How?

>finish match
>load next game
>kicked from the game
>"server full"

what the fuck

>Commanderu, shourd we fortify owah poseshan?
>No, we must fry grorious Vietnamese frag over firthy American baseu.

Burgers joining Euro servers with their 3rd world connections.

Come back once you have played Firebase and tell me how you enjoyed getting spawn trapped in D for 20 minutes

Why can their ping affect mine? Fuck them, they don't need to be included in the loop. Flying with 200 ping is like flying drunk.

happens to me too sometimes. another thing ive noticed is literally half of the server suddenly leaves at the end of a match. what the fuck is going on?

Well if the other half voted Hue the latter case is just normal.

RS2 is a mess, RS2 is a waste, RS2 is a big fat mistake.

>mfw Americans call Fogerty's Ode to Self Denial "It Ain't Me"
>mfw Americans call a Thunderous Gookshredder a "Shotgun"
>mfw Americans call a pointy poopy foot shredder a "Punji trap"

>playing on bloodbath as VC on Song Be
>NEARLY lost
>mfw managed to turn it around and wreck the other team
Glorious.
God I love taking out Hueys with an RPG. Stay the fuck away from my points GI.

It affects everyone.

I need to find me a server with max ping then, because this just won't do.

>limeys playing a game about a war they never fought in

You regret not going to Vietnam do you britshits.

No need to get so buttblasted, user. It's just banter.

>5 maps

God almighty, what a mistake.

Best shells to use with both shotguns?

Seriously how was this allowed

>CAN'T HANDLE THE BANTZ
Cry more Amerilard.

All that time spent making 3 small shitty maps could've gone to making 2 big ones.

Depends on the range

>Mfw I Can't load Buck in one barrel and Slug in the other making the ultimate Autism Shot when I fire both barrels at once

It's a nightmare because I fucking love the game, but I already feel pretty burnt out at 32 hours. The maps that are a bit more dynamic I'm still loving but I've grinded through enough chokepoints in Hue already for me to never want to visit that hellhole again

Cool, you said that already dozens of times. We get it.

I've been accustomed to dozens of hours on Bridges so I don't really mind playing the same maps over and over again as long as they're somewhat fun.
Hue City is absolutely not fun if one of the teams is significantly better than the other. Then it's just a steam roll.

>They couldn't handle the freedumbantz

user please just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

If I hurt your feelings I apologize good sir :)

>people paid more than 10€ for this

>€

>Still can't handle it

How backwards is Europe that you pay for shit in Gyros?

I thought Greece was like, really in debt to the EU or something. Do I have it backwards?

>He wears a helmet

That hat looks pogue.

>Wanting to get mistaken for a Charlie by POGs

why are britshits so universally terrible at vidya? they talk like they have downs syndrome and have no concept of tactics or strategy
>on retarded britshit server
>playing an lao valley
>all britshits are mindlessly attacking c
>commander is worthless and sounds like his mother is also his aunt
>my squad is the only one doing anything
>continue to carry the game
>get 80 kills because britshits also have inferior skill