Howdy Veeky Forums

Howdy Veeky Forums,

So, I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP. 6 Speed manual. Love the car, but I'd like to get better performance out of it.

It's not my daily, I have a few cars I drive depending on my mood. Anyway, what are some things I can do to it to get better performance out of the engine? I've not really done this before, but I figure this is a cheap fun car that I want to toy around in.

Other urls found in this thread:

milzymotorsports.com/
wot-tech.com/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

keep it stock. replace worn suspension components. buy michelin tires.

Suspension is very worn, needs new tires. Already plan on replacing that. Would a cold air intake make a noticeable difference?

Nope.

...Real descriptive. Why not? Why keep it stock? Are there no options out there to increase the performance?

CAI will just give you noise really when you go WOT. that +5hp literally means nothing. keep it stock famalam go springs on it only if you want to turn more.

all cold air intakes do is make more noise. Is that worth a couple hundred bucks? not really. you could add a k&n filter to the stock housing though.

you ever visit g6 forums? cause Veeky Forums won't really give you reliable advice for an upscale econbox.
look into a tune of some sort, new spark plugs bigger injectors and fuel rails if you want power.

The GTP has the 3.9L 3900 V6 engine.
Get in contact with these companies to see what they can do. They specialize in that engine family.
milzymotorsports.com/
wot-tech.com/index.php

Never been there before. Guess I should try it. I love this car and want to get more out of it if I can.

>couple hundred bucks
>taking Veeky Forums's advice over a dedicated forum
>yfw when we say keep it stock

Okay, so I owned one of these OP. They're alright cars by themselves but they can be made fun. This is what I would start with:

>new cat back exhaust, new headers
>upgrade suspension
>performance plugs/wires, bigger injectors
>short ram intake

That what I did to mine and I was pushing out 270 at the crank. Not much, but the final thing you can do when you're done with all that is a turbo. This is expensive but it's possible. There are examples out there of people getting 330hp but the biggest issue is that you /will/ need a new transmissions because the stock one cannot take that much power. The only other thing I could suggest is taking the engines, transmission, and supercharger out of a Cobalt SS and putting in yours. Should fit.

>thinking you know better than gm chassis engineers
the most you should do is sway bars if it leans too much.

>LZ4
ohhh, do this , but I know you can turn them and they will make great power

*Turbo

you should never turbo a shitbox. It's a waste of money. You should just save and buy a faster car.

>no fun allowed
I understand what you're saying, but I really don't care. Sure a purpose built sports car is fun, but so is a tuned sleeper shitbox

I wouldn't turbo a G6. That, and there's hardly any room in the engine bay with a 3.9L....

Uhhh, are you serious? The 3.9 is a 60° cam in block motor, the heads are tiny and the block is compact, it's definitely a lot smaller than you think

>That, and there's hardly any room in the engine bay with a 3.9L....
the 3.9L is physically tiny.

nothing sleeper about a G6. And even if you make 350-400hp it's still going through the wrong wheels. You'd be better off selling it and buying a G8 and supercharging that.

>thinking gm is good at anything

I guess thats why they excel at winning lemans, right user? :^)

>implying you'd have enough money after selling the G6 for a G8
So what you're saying is spend even more money for the same horsepower, just driven through the rear wheels? I'm gonna say no

G6 is a lot easier to find and more affordable. I dump my money in my other vehicles. This one is for fun and maybe a gift for my nephew on his 21st birth day.

I do enjoy RWD, but that FWD will be better in the snow for us here. That, and G8's aren't near as cheap as the G6. I agree it ain't worth it, really.

>same hp
no? a supercharged 6.0 will probably make 500hp at least.

being this poor

>being this poor

I don't want to waste my money away on bullshit. I prefer investments. I've a 66 Camaro to maintain

>implying a turbo LZ9 won't make that
Not too smart are you?

>I have a 2006 Pontiac G6

Do you want the power for highway pulls and stop light racing? How much are you looking to make?

>He uses public transportation

Mostly for country road fun and occasional stop light racing.

Only G6 worth buying is the GTP with the 6 speed manual. It really is a nice car.

Have you done anything to the suspension yet? If you're going to take it on curvy roads the first performance mod you should do is suspension

Tires too, forgot to mention that

It should already be fun enough on a country road. Grow up and do something responsible with your money

You're fucking retarded. Even FWD cars make great sleepers. Like Nissan Maximas and Dodge Caravan Turbos.

That is one clean Caravan, too bad they're fucking unicorn status

if you're poor.

like 95% of this board is?

>being stupid with money
It costs less to make a shitbox fast than it does to buy a proper sports car

except if you buy a shitbox and mod it it's literally worthless after. if you bought a faster car and kept it stock it'll retain value.

>DICK SAYS QUADS

You picked a bad car to fuck around with since its a boring piece of garbage.
Sell it and get a Miata like I know you want to, retard.

No it wont. There are very few exceptions of cars that hold value. You'd need to be spending upwards of 100k to get into that realm.

Kek who cares? You mod a shitbox e100 Corolla because it costs $1k and has aftermarket, swap a 3S-GTE and trans from a Caldina for 1500 and run 13s, not saying $500 and a weekend, but once the mounts are in it's slips in like a glove
You haven't spent much of anything and you're already running 13s, you seem like the type of sourfag that wasn't considered for LeMons/Chump Car teams

>66
didn't get unveiled til 67 m8 /r/ing bread on hood

some cunt took one of these up to malibu cars & coffee, was the cleanest caravan I seen, friend I took clowned on it until he launched it. had a srt4 motor from a caliber when he parked it.

This is seriously the stupidest fucking argument.
When a car is designed, maximum performance isn't the only factor that goes into the creation. A rather huge one is COST...for R&D and for materials, etc. Fuck me to tears this shit annoys me.

>F40
>cannot take power
Uh wut, this trans was in the 9-3 with the turbo 2.8V6, and can definitely handle over 400hp when the engine's built, the fuck are you on about?
>There are examples of people getting 330hp
There are also plenty of examples of people getting over 400+whp when turboing cam in block 60° V6s, unless you're talking stock internal and that 330 being whp
>The only other thing I could suggest is taking the engines, transmission, and supercharger out of a Cobalt SS and putting in yours
Ok, so you're "pretending" to be retarded
6/10, not too bad but it needs work