/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_wtO73xB7A
retrodev.com/blastem/changes.html#v0.5.0
romhacking.net/
tweakhound.com/2017/02/11/blocking-windows-7-telemetry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>CEMU jews will never fix bayonetta 2 bugs because muh zelda basement dweller bux

fucking faggots

Zeromus did nothing wrong.

Why did they take down the PCSX2 wiki and how can I fix the purple windows on Burnout 3

Except the part where he can't stop himself from fucking up.

They took it down because software upgrades work in mysterious ways (which usually involve your shit getting fucked up) and your problem requires one of the three following at-least, using the OGL plugin, double tapping F9 one or several times until it fixes itself and finally switching to sw mode altogether.

has anyone had an issue with citra where certain keys are being fired over and over (as if the buttons were being held down permanently)?

i'm trying to play smt: devil survivor, but it's acting like i'm holding up and left on the dpad, even when my hands are completely off the keyboard

Kinda disappointing as even with all the changes through versions it was very helpful.
And thanks a lot, user.

Thinking about trying Bravely Default on Citra. Are there any gamebreaking problems?

Pretty sure there's an user around here that completed it some time ago so I'd say yes it's playable, think it's one of those games that require you to dump some things from an actual console though.

I can't get Sega CD to work on RetroArch.

>Retroarch
There's your problem

The Emugen wiki said that the RA version of Genesis Plus GX had some enhancements that aren't in the standalone version.
Plus I can't find a download for the PC version.

Really makes you think

How do I get bgb to detect Super Game Boy 2?

Turn on Detect Pocket/SGB2 in system tab or use the SGB2 bootrom.

Thank you.

Do you have the BIOS? Are your CUEs good?

99.9% it's one of these issues.

GPGX only exists as a libretro core for PC

>Do you have the BIOS?
Yes.
>Are your CUEs good?
I'm pretty sure they are.

Does the BIOS have the correct file name and hash?

Pastebin the CUE

nvm, I just needed to rename my BIOS.

if it was a different number then please don't rename it just get the right bios from the wiki.

mednafen's emulation targets a SPCH550x specifically and using a bios from a different playstation is known to break games.

Playstation?
I was trying to get Sega CD to work.

Shit my bad I did not read far back.

Same thing might apply though.

I just renamed the Sega CD/Mega CD bios with the highest versions and it's working fine.

>mednafen's emulation targets a SPCH550x specifically and using a bios from a different playstation is known to break games

A C C U R A C Y
C
C
U
R
A
C
Y

>mednafen's emulation targets a SPCH550x specifically and using a bios from a different playstation is known to break games.
Is this actually true?
What the fuck?

Supporting all the bioses is a kludge and there is a reason even ePSXe recommended SCPH1001 over all the others.

Is it actually true or is it just you are spewing for attention?

Jesus christ, just check the mednafen github if you don't believe him.

Playstations had actual significant hardware revisions so yeah BIOSes are pretty different, I think 55xx is targeted because it still has everything without the added AP shit from the newer models but already has the new GPU that doesn't have color banding.

I base my claims on:

>The medanfen author has a SPCH5501 and outright said that all tests are done on that model and anything else is unsupported.
>Someone had trouble with mednafen ITT and it turned out to be a reamed bios.
>A PCSX dev said supporting multiple BIOSes was very hacky a few years ago.
>ePSXe says to use a SPCH1001 bios in it's docs and says the although the others ones work they are not recommended.
>replies to forum posts from years back with people having ePSXe trouble commonly said "Are you using SPCH1001"?

why doesn't something like this happens with PCSX2 or Dolphin?

Maybe the GC/Wii revisions are similar enough to be a non-issue? (Isn't Dolphin more HLE anyway?)
Maybe PCSX2 is so shit it hasn't even got to the part where using a certain bios has an impact on compatibility?

>Maybe PCSX2 is so shit it hasn't even got to the part where using a certain bios has an impact on compatibility?
Using the HK BIOS will fuck your shit up sopmetimes, most people use 1.6-2.2 because those are the most common ones.

>Maybe the GC/Wii revisions are similar enough to be a non-issue
Not true
I remember certain versions of action replay not working on later models of the gamecube.

He's shitposting, pay him no attention.

>Isn't Dolphin more HLE anyway
So is epsxe. Whats your point?

Dolphin HLE's the whole Wii firmware. So if anything Dolphin would compare to PCSXR in HLE bios mode.

>Dolphin HLE's the whole Wii firmware
You mean like epsxe does for the PS1?

Where exactly are you going with this?

That you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about?

>try to make a point that you can't properly run any PSX bios in an emulator without either properly emulating the revision differences (no emu does this) or hacking around it (PCSXR and I assume ePSXe sort of does this).

>You are wrong because some emulators can HLE the bios.

ok

What does one need to do to get officially recognized as an emudev?

easy peasy, just dev an emu

Shit out something related to emulation once and then spend the next 10 years holding grudges and pissing everyone off.

become a rabid leftist and/or a tranny

youtube.com/watch?v=K_wtO73xB7A

Fix an error in any file of your favourite emulator (best would be to correct a typo in a comment), submit a PR and let it get merged.
Afterwards, you have the privilege to call yourself an emudev and are entitled to cause drama (Squarepusher is an easy target for this).

>It's made by a team of jews who make closed source "commercial" emulators and sell them on their site.
Their PSP emulator is apparently a port of an UWP Version of PPSSPP and they're charging money for it, why is that even allowed?

Bump.

bumperion

BlastEm 0.5.0 is out retrodev.com/blastem/changes.html#v0.5.0

Emulation is cute, CUTE!

how did you do that

also why

>how did you do that

Using the gb-shader.cgp preset, from them you can go to the "menu shader parameters" and increase the LCD response time, it will be at 0.33 you just increase the number and it will have all the ghosting like the original brick game boy.

>also why

Because emulation is cute!

What's the best way to emulate Metal Slug?

Almost every game needs the shared_font.bin. Even if some games boot without it, it's a good idea to have them around, just in case

Use Kawaks.

What's the most demanding thing to emulate that still emulates accurately? I want to fuck around on my new PC

Hey it's batman guy! Still using the enhanced blur I suggested, and even telling other people to, good man.

Persona 5 in RPCS3

>accurately
He said "accurately" user, but still, it's demanding as fuck. Heavy Rain is a good call too, because he said "thing" and not "game"

Is raicast a good choice for Dreamcast emulation?
Demul is dead?

He didn't. Someone posted that webm like a month ago. He didn't even change the file name

Nintendo 64 angrylion.

Does this really not play at full FPS, even on top of the line hardware?

Some games run like crap, Vigilante 8 is a good example.

Not very.
Demul is alive but rarely updated.

>Is raicast a good choice for Dreamcast emulation?

No, it's worse than Demul and NullDC. Only useful for Linuxfags

>Demul is dead?

No, they just release a new build whenever they feel like it.

Or being a fucking asshole.

Hai. How's #mednafen in my absence?

Why won't Retroarch detect that I'm using 144hz? Piece of shit always just estimated at 57 and then counts slowly up to 59.99 or whatever.

RA is designed for consoles and Arch Linux

Thanks but your irrational RA hatred isn't helpful. It has black-frame insertion for high refresh displays for a reason.

You've called it "piece of shit", and is the one that is hating on RA?

being annoyed with software that isn't working as it should is a lot different than anti-shilling it

video_refresh_rate = 144.0

The estimated refresh rate counter is probably affected by menu throttling

I want to translate some game, where can I find a list of games that doesn't have any translation project going on now?

>Take name of game you want to translate and google 'x translation'
>???
>profit

I just reinstalled Windows 7 so I'm starting my emulation folder all over again. Is it time for me to finally leave ePSXe behind after using eight years or use or is it still fine?

It was never fine.

>It has black-frame insertion for high refresh displays for a reason.

If you want to do that, then you want to use 120Hz and not 144Hz, since you always want to use a display mode evenly divisible by the game's refresh rate. The following settings will do 120Hz with black frame insertion:

video_refresh_rate = 60.0
video_black_frame_insertion = true

When you switch to exclusive fullscreen mode, it will then try to select a fullscreen resolution mode that has 120Hz refresh rate along with whatever is set for video_fullscreen_x/y settings.
The refresh rate setting is set to 60.0 because it is doubled internally when using black frame insertion, since the refresh rate setting is used by dynamic rate control feature for synchronization with your display.

If if is not able to set a fullscreen mode with those settings, try creating a resolution mode with Custom Resolution Utility that has 120Hz refresh rate.

It's still fine, it just lacks visual improvements that PCSXR+PGXP has.

romhacking.net/

Check here first; still the central hub of fan-translation activity as far as I am aware.

Use mednafen you fucking heretic.

If you were reinstalling anyway, why didn't you upgrade to 10?

Why would anyone upgrade to 10?

It's the only Windows that's still fully supported and to feature DX12 support. Driver support for is also going to die off for 7 and 8 soon.

>rpcs3 will not be stable and accurate for years

DX12

You are already part of the botnet with Windows 7 so you might as well go all the way.

>You are already part of the botnet with Windows 7
No.

If it makes you feel better you are already part of the botnet just from browsing Veeky Forums.

>you are already part of the botnet just from browsing Veeky Forums.
No.

RTM Windows 7 sends packets to MS severs when you type something into the local explorer search box. Then there is the later telemetry updates.

tweakhound.com/2017/02/11/blocking-windows-7-telemetry/

>what is google captcha