Will Korean cars ever be good Veeky Forums?

Will Korean cars ever be good Veeky Forums?

You just posted a good example

They are good shitboxes.

Korea will never make a legitimate driver's car however

Yes. when they spend 2.2B developing them and hand build them in japan.

I enjoy my kia.
Pulls past 150mph. In my turbo 2.0
Handling sharp enough to be confident in corners.
Rides smooth.
Lots of neat interior amenities not seen on cars in it's price range.
Parts are cheap.
Turbo swaps readily available.
Keeps up with bolt on Lancer EVOs.
Loves high way cruising.

There's just a few quality issues with plastic parts and minor annoyances. But I enjoy it.

Yeah, but they won't be best sellers unless one of the big 3 countries shits the bed somehow.

I'm sure the same was said of Japan
Watch Korea and China take over the automotive world in the next 20 years

Once we annihilate North Korea, Kia will make some top notch shit.

I'm pretty pessimistic about it, but at the end of the day I really want them to be good because there's literally nothing wrong with more competition and more good, quality cars out there. The only people who naysay are badgewhores who can't stand seeing their favorite brand's toes get stepped on.
I have high hopes for the new Genesis and the Stinger, they look pretty nice, have good paper specs, and can be a great deal if the price is right. And best case scenario, they go Japan 2.0 and let the success and hopefully quality of the new cars ripple to the rest of their stuff.

Better than Americans these days DESU.
Ford foucs is EUROPEAN

Korea and China don't have Japan's car culture
Autism

>Tfw still looking at the future of the Korean Manufacturers when they are nowadays leading in quality and sells.

Veeky Forumstist living in the 90's for sure

No, but I recently found out the Optima I just got uses the same engine as the Evo, so I feel a little better about having it.

It uses the same block and turbo. Not the same engine.

wrong

>quality
Not really. I don't really see old Kias and Hyundais on the road, save maybe for some autotragic genesis every now and then.

Simply put, Korea has no incentive to push for anything more than cheap throwaway vehicles. They have no car culture there, and there's never going to be sport offerings either. The only reason they supposedly lead in sales is because they're cheap crap.

What about this? 275ps Manual gearbox hot hatch. 6.5s - 100kmh

6.5 is a little slow. Get a gencoupe boy, the v6's are hellishly resilient. Even the older 4 cyl twin turbos are good.

Hyundai has been making cars that preform very well in crash tests. Most automakers have only "acceptable" results for the small frontal overlap, but Hyundai managed consistently to have "Good" scores here, and its carried over to their named Genesis line. Its the hardest test to perform well in, but they're acing it.
Obviously the Koreans are putting in the necessary engineering to build something safe, and thats the most important fact of design. A strong frame comes before drive train or even body styling.

They can throw in any engine, put turbos on it, give it a stock DCT box from one of the big vendors, and it'll be quick. They can stuff in the latest MR suspension and give it impeccable ride quality and handling. Interior quality and comfort is a cakewalk when you have a competent design team. All of this is easy, they've already shown they can do the hard part.

They're gunning for big market share gains. In a few years Genesis will be a bonafide luxury brand competing with Lexus.

This. They've come this far already and are going to hit 90's Toyota levels soon. After that they will get comfy and hire new engineers who are shit and Hyundai will end up like Modern Toyota and BMW are today but in 10 years.

Ah, I see.

I still feel better about it.