Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

youtube.com/watch?v=OgYUAkKvKd0 EOV Trailer

>EO V Information
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

>EOV artbook (at least they tried scans)
imgur.com/a/PJOEa

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/06/etrian-odyssey-v-beyond-myth-coming-americas-fall
youtube.com/watch?v=H7uydwR8G5g
youtube.com/watch?v=ADTA4GgMUFU
youtube.com/watch?v=I3u91rb79G8
youtube.com/watch?v=kDfNcQXTFSI
youtube.com/watch?v=xsVDk6naLKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Second for Alchemist

Best grill first post

So it finally happened. What are you going to do to celebrate

Himukai pls

>Atlus will release Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux, titled Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey in Japan, for 3DS in the Americas in early 2018, the company announced. It will cost $39.99 and retain its original Japanese voices.
>Etrian is dub onry
Fuck you too Atlus

Wait another year for the game to actually come out.

>retain its original Japanese voices.
Fuck no. That's retarded. I want Terry Crews as Gore.

Took them long enough.
But we know how to undub EO5, so where's the problem?

So which date is correct?

Wrong Alchemist.
Himukai gets only hard for the edgelord male.

Prepare for early 2018, be pleasantry surprised if its earlier.
But also expect it to be much, much later just to be safe.

Same as with translating
none

>"As for Europe, an Atlus representative told Gematsu that it is still to be dated for the region."
loleurope

The 2020 dream still lives.
Hopefully it's not later...

And turns out the "Early 2018" thing is an error, thank God.

They really were rushing the trailer out

So release in the same week as Pokemon it is.
Last EO in the west, hype!

remove claps

>Dubs the game that would be better with JP voices and puts JP audio in the game that might have worked with dubs
Why Atlus

hey that's better than "we have no information to share on a european release at this point"

"maybe someday" is not much different

"is still to be dated" sounds like the publisher who's releasing it hasn't confirmed a date yet or wants to do it on its own

Or doesn't want to do it at all and says "later" to not get an immediate uproar

Holy shit I can't believe it's finally happening.

Hopefully it gets a physical release so I could buy it.

It's really important that we understand "It's weak to fire." when dealing with enemies already in our codex.
And who would understand that a Japanese sound of surprise means there is something worth investigating nearby?
Clearly a dub is very, very important.

IT'S COMING, BOYS! IT'S FINALLY COMING!

But will we be told that wolves hunt in packs?

It's actually happening?
>mfw

I was wondering, was the dub of EOU1 and EOU2 considered actually good or not anyway?

Generally, I'd want to find an undub patch but then I realize that patching an official game involved a lot of hoops.

No, when you awake only persona 6 gets announced

EOU1 has some decent voices like Simon, that Jamaican shopkeeper, the inn keeper and the bar wench. The rest are opinions, but I found them pretty bad

EOU2 has Flavio and that's it, the rest are garbage.

>Jamaican shopkeeper

I think she's supposed to be an abo from Australia

EOU and EO2U's dubs are fucking awful. It's not so much the dialogue they read off, it's the in battle quotes. Hearing Raquna say, "it's the enemy" with zero emotion got really grating after a while.

It's sad because I think it's the only truly bad voice work atlus has done for a release in one of its bigger franchises

I guess I can only take what I get if I am unwilling to go through a ton of hoops to apply an undub patch...

literally just turn off the voices, problem solved

nenever ever

EOU1 was terrible, I think 2 was slightly better but not by much

ITSAMONSTER

It's confirmed?
HOLY SHIT

>RF is dead
>no more falling from skyships on milf dragons and being forced to work for that
videogames were a mistake

I like the Highlander the best, especially when duping items
>BOOST
>uuuUUAAAGH
>BOOST
>BOOST

and who could forget Stone Cold I'm Gonna Blow Your Speakers Out Steve Austin the Detective
>THE GREAT UNWASHED THINK I'M SOME KIND OF FORTUNE TELLER

Sounds like I'll be leaving the voices off here.

A-am I really the only one who likes Arianna's dub voice?

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

Yes.

I like both her voice and her delivery. Same goes for the entirety of EO2U and EOU.

But English is not my mother tongue so while I understand everything just fine I don't have any feel for what it should sound naturally.
Unless a dub is at typing of the dead levels of aweful I can enjoy it in blissful ignorance.

The one time being a eurofag pays off when it comes to games...

>Good
Simon
Kupala
Ricky outside of cutscenes
Fafnir
Bertrand
Flavio
Chloe for the most part
Overlord
Valerie
Austin
Quinn

>Good but with a bad accent
Shilleka

>Good acting but miscast
Cass

>Bad
Arianna (her acting's not the worst, but Jesus, was she miscast)
Most of the NPCs in U2

>Terrible
Hannah

>Unremarkable
Everyone else

The voice acting in the trailer tries to be mysterious, but the repetitive ad copy and the bored acting make it sound so lifeless. Hope the in-game acting is better.

gematsu.com/2017/06/etrian-odyssey-v-beyond-myth-coming-americas-fall

$39.99 - no Atlus tax...
Is that good or bad?

Her voice control is all over the place – one moment, she sounds like a classical Disney princess, and another, she sounds like Minnie Mouse. It's like they realized what kind of character Arianna was halfway through recording but didn't want to throw away their work. Her voice and her acting aren't bad, but they're a poor for the character.

I feel the same way, and while I do hear and speak with gringos pretty much every day, I don't quite have an ideal voice in mind.

The only dub voice that annoyed me was Hanna.

but fortunately you can swap her out for Quona most of the game.

>The voice acting in the trailer tries to be mysterious, but the repetitive ad copy and the bored acting make it sound so lifeless.

I believe she tries to be as emotionless and flat as possible - and there is a story reason for that.
Still means those lines are pretty shit for a trailer that wants to create any interest...

I'd also put Abigail on terrible. God, she was the only reason why I turned voices off.

Oh no, the game won't have a cardboard box and a 5 track CD...

Didn't U1 have those bonuses without the extra tax?

>Good acting but miscast
>Cass
How so?

So is EOV even good?
I keep hearing people say it's not that great but they never explain why.
What's the deal with it? How is it compared to the other games?

We're alive lads!

We're finally dead, friends...

She can Bang! me any time.

That was just people pretending it's shit when they thought we wouldn't get it to cope. It's legit 10/10

The class specialization is a neat idea, but it leaves all your classes hamstrung until the end of the 2nd Stratum because their skill trees have to account for the possibility of you picking either specialization. And even then, the specializations feel much more narrow than even IV's version of subclassing.

The stratums are very underwhelming. 1st is standard forest affair, and is fine. 2nd stratum is a boring, empty desert straight out of Class of Heroes, 3rd stratum is a SSS tier concept that goes overboard into kooky territory and is overall just a pain to navigate. 4th stratum is even more bland than the 2nd; just a blue cave sprinkled with a maddening abundance of teleport crystals in the later half. 5th stratum is the standout; really loved the design and gimmick. 6th stratum is something apparently people wanted, but is so flat and uninteresting in its execution.

Normally I wouldn't care about graphics nitpicks, but the short draw distance is really jarring in this one and actively hampers your experience in the 2nd, 5th, and 6th stratums because there are FOE puzzles in open areas, except you can't actually see the FOE, but they can see you and are moving around regardless.

All the enemies are completely "new", except most are just reskins of old enemy archtypes. Mandragoras are flying bugs now and instead of elemental rats, they're squirrels now.

No unlockable class, even though they had a sick looking heavy-hitter demon class design ready to go and the post game is absolutely barren; the elemental dragons do not appear. In their place are 3 other bosses, 1 optional boss a la salamander, and the super boss.

>2018
I-I can wait

>No unlockable class
I thought you were posting the bad things about the game.

No, it's still Fall 2017. Gematsu reported that 2018 release date on the trailer was a mistake.

Or are you EU?

>In their place are 3 other bosses, 1 optional boss a la salamander, and the super boss.

EO2U - post-game bosses galore
EOV - barely any post game bosses

There is no compensation like overcompensation. Reminds me of EOII Survivalist and Landsknecht "balancing".
Typical Atlus.

>The class specialization is a neat idea, but it leaves all your classes hamstrung until the end of the 2nd Stratum because their skill trees have to account for the possibility of you picking either specialization. And even then, the specializations feel much more narrow than even IV's version of subclassing.

I actually like this since it means most classes will play differently lategame than early game.
If you know what skills to pick most classes in the Untolds can get very samey - rush for core skills, add garnishment later.

And having narrow class perspectives is also a positive for me. It means classes have their own niche and you can only tick so many boxes.
So there will always be something you have trouble with. And what that is can vary from playthrough to playthrough.

But I agree that it could use a bit more work and polish.
I'm just happy it's not the balance nightmare of Grimoires again...

Which game has the best version of scatter about and why is it EO3?

That one really just ties into my gripes with them apparently wanting to buck trends with this one. But the problem with that is, besides the cool character customization options, all the stuff they took out isn't replaced with anything new.

I personally like unlocking a new class, usually because it's tied into events or characters in the story.

Which EO game is perfect and why is it EO3

How does the color editor still not have DLC portraits?

I'd just rather have all classes available from the start so I can use the same party of 5 from beginning to end.

>Worst class balance in the series
>Perfect

Best Battle 1?
Best Battle 2?
Best Battle 3?
Best F.O.E Theme?
Best Boss Theme?
Best Final Boss Theme?

>EO3's OST is literally almost perfect except they forgot to add a 6th stratum battle theme
>it wasn't this
I cant help but wonder why

Well you don't get your "classes" until the 3rd stratum, but yeah, I guess keeping the same party is cool.

You get some level scrolls from Edgar when you unlock specializations, though, which is nice.

>worst balance
>leaving 1 and 2 behind

youtube.com/watch?v=ADTA4GgMUFU

so it's fall 2017 after all

>they're squirrels now
Do they steal your ariadne threads?

There's an event in the 2nd stratum where you open a chest and inside there's an Ariadne Thread. You are then promptly ambushed by 2 waves of Volt squirrels.

The starting squirrels don't since they are flying squirrels (and deal a lot of damage).

Later there are squirrel enemies that spam a fire attack that burns your threads when they are the only enemy on screen.

You mean the 2nd name thing? I meant more along the lines of all of the "base" classes are available from the start. Like if arcanist was available from the start, I might have used one instead of a medic, and later drop the medic for an arcanist.

youtube.com/watch?v=I3u91rb79G8
youtube.com/watch?v=kDfNcQXTFSI
youtube.com/watch?v=xsVDk6naLKI

>Four unused battle themes
>In the game that switches to battle 2 earliest

It's too easy.

Rofl, that is awesome.

I mean that, because of the way specialization works, your starting class only has access to what is effectively the starting half, and the most basic tools available to you.

Instead of having access to an entire class worth of skills like before, and then getting extra through subclassing, you're gimped for half the game, for some classes to the point of almost complete ineffectiveness, until you're finally allowed to access the rest of your classes' skills.

Okay, but the class is still available from the beginning, you just can't access certain skills until later. Which isn't much different from the rest of the series.

I'm pretty sure it did, so we might be in the clear.

It's hard to explain without experiencing for yourself. You don't get to do any of the cool stuff a class can do, and they really all just feel the same and underwhelming until you finally get the burst of power in the 3rd stratum. You'll just be spamming the one good skill your class has access to early on, regardless of what you're facing.

Though I will say some classes really come into their own in certain specializations, I just wish you got more to work with in the earlier stages. Herbalist is probably my favorite healer in the entire series, but it takes until like the 4th stratum before they come online, and in the early game you can do their job better with just items, so they feel like dead weight.

Never ever for V they said

Lmao fucking retards

1 step closer to EOU3

>He doesn't meme

>I believed all along guys, I swear!

How come her inn isn't booked for like months straight

Too many animals living in actual rooms.

remove animals

It's actually a brothel she is running with her sisters (that get mentioned but we never see).
Genetta just thinks they are running an Inn because they have so many rooms.
Her sisters don't object since having a few adventurers around that are willing to protect your joint is useful.

If Genetta had sisters she wouldn't be trying to make friends with FOEs and post-game bosses.

Do etrian wallpapers for things besides phones exist without character/monster art on them?

google's only showing like the first stratum of EOU for me