>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification
can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem. I have commuted in various miatas for 3 years now
even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow (with four snow tires. They're even better with an LSD)

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709079076842
goodwoodsportscars.co.uk/info.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw mariner blue is super rare where I live
BRG is cool but I've seen so many I'm sick of it

sup brehs, just bought a miata yesterday, my first car. it's a 1990 Eunos Jap import with 70k miles on it. Body rust free and the internals are alright for the age. pic related.
I have a couple dumb questions

wheres the boot release on the 90 eunos miats? I opened up the centre console and I only found the latch for the fuel cap.
and is it normal when the hood is up for it not to be completely flush with the front windscreen? I can see the outside from certain angles. It kind of overlaps a little bit so no water will actually come in if it rains.

Mines red but I would love a mariner blue one. Just did a bunch of work on mine and have a lot planned over the winter.

Are those your lifts?

I believe the early NAs do not have a truck release. You just have to use the key at the back of the car.

You should not be able to see thought the soft top seal, something isn't lined up right it sounds like, or maybe you just need to replace the seal.

My cousin is part owner-operator of a small shop. I am the other part owner (small percentage and I dont work there). We have two lifts in the shop. It's pretty great desu

naicu

Ok cheers buddy

No problem m80. Does the hood seem loose when it's up? It might be as simple as adjusting the two latches to pull the hood in tighter. It's very easy to do, no tools required. I'm sure you can find a procedure online somewhere.

On an unrelated note, look how filthy my transmission was before I cleaned it.

Anyone got that page with the comprehensive checklist of things to look at when buying a miat?
Going to finally join the club!

I always forget how looong transmissions are..

what's the best year for the miat with all things considered (price, maintenance, transmissions, engine sizes, etc)?

Is it possible to whip shitties in a stock miat?

1994 if NA
2001 if NB (I think)

my rear main seal is leaking

Why shouldn't I just get an s2000 instead ?

you should if you want one and have the money to get one

however, the engine is already tuned to its limit and adding a turbo kinda ruins the point of the car

The NB1 and NB2 have their own benefits and problems.
The NB chassis as a whole is superior to the NA, it's literally an NA body with the bottom half of another body sandwiched inside it so it's twice as stiff, the NB1 has the most reliable BP engine with solid lifters and non-variable valve timing, while the NB2 makes more power, is better on gas, and has a 6-speed, but it prefers premium gas and the interior redesign makes aftermarket stereo installation a bitch. NB2 is also more comfy, but you can swap parts on NBs like toys, so it's enirely possible to make a NB1 with the BP4W, the NB2's 6-speed tranny and taller seats, etc.

Late model NAs are the best NAs.

I've got a 1997 and I have to say, having OBD1 instead is much better. No emissions to worry about and no CEL for stupid reasons. Crank angle sensor is retarded on 1996 and 1997

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709079076842
Inital thoughts?
I think red is the best colour for NB

This is absolutely a noob question, but I'm replacing my NB8A's valve cover gasket this weekend and will be using a little gasket sealer in the corners as recommended. Do I have to worry about the sealant contaminating my oil? I'll be using permatex blue RTV.

Cum on it

this
heat gun + cum

Blue is made for sealing surfaces in contact with coolant.

Use permatex black which is made for oil resistance

Ah I found the problem. The left latch doesn't seem to lock properly. It was working fine yesterday...

Nvm it works now

Soft top latches probably need adjusting

Rate my cleaning in progress engine bay/ cold side intake. Still gotta heat wrap exhaust side hoses, repaint valve cover, throw on my new blue gates timing belt, and 949 racing clutch master and line. How is that radiator? Is that the ~$100 ebay one the spec miata guys like?

Austrailian/10

Fucking fone

I give up....

Extreme meme tax, not nearly as easy to handle when approaching its limits.

Just the intake i guess.... silicone 180 off ebay, 14" aluminum 2.5" pipe from work, K&N filter. I managed to preserve the stock intake length and rtv'd a barb underneath for the idle control vacuum line. ~$60

>learning to drive in a new fiesta
>can't hear the engine at all due to sound deadening
>buy a miat
>top down
>rev to 2.5k RPM
>louder than anything I've ever heard in the fiesta
>feels like I'm at 6k
>almost stall due to not giving it enough gas

kek im retarded

There is an occasional chirp noise coming from the rear end of my NB. Does not sound like a tire either. Wut do?

Its in the suspension. Maybe that thin plastic ring between the top of your shock and the car is worn out/ missing. The metal on metal there will chirp when the suspension moves in a turn. Pic related.

Looks good b0ss. I wish I spent more time cleaning when I had my engine out. I dont know if you're referring to my radiator but its the CSF one that 949 sells. Ive only had it in for a week or so but it seems like a really nice piece. It dropped right in with no issues.

Combined with the reroute i did im sure i have a ton of cooling overhead. The car takes a long ass time to warm up now too.

>moving to Ireland
>costs 1000 euros to import my UK miata
>mfw

Anyone have a hard top spoiler? If so, what did you use to hold it on? I planned on using a strong double sided tape, but I'm paranoid about it flying off when I'm on the highway or something.

When I get it painted what color should I go with? Kinda leaning towards red.

can't you just take the ferry and re register it ?

Are there any cheap alternatives to the original hardtop?

No I mean registering it costs ~1000 euros
Not talking about physically transporting it

I mean it depends on what you consider "cheap"
I think $1k USD for a hardtop is fair. but you won't find any aftermarket hardtop for under $800 USD

any aftermarket hardtop will not fit on perfectly and won't look as good as OEM ever. You have to play to play or deal with having a soft top.

There's a few companies that make replicas of the OEM, but by the time you buy the rear glass/acrylic, all the seals for the hard top, and have it painted, it'll probably be just as much or more than a used OEM. Just wait for one to pop up on CL. When I got mine I messaged a kid who was selling an M Edition, and I asked him if he'd sell the hard top separate. I ended up getting a decent deal on mine.

>going for the ignition timing advance
>rust basically welded the pulley to the shaft
>piece of metal broke of when trying to force it off

Fuck me and fuck this rust bucket

>mfw looking under the car after a winter of salted roads

Just finished school and my car is a POS on its last leg and really for the junk yard. Got a job making 50k/yr. My uncle has an early 90s Miata with $1000 aftermarket stereo system and an equally expensive aftermarket top that he's selling for $1000, but needs engine overhaul as the piston rings are wore in one of the cylinders. It runs but burns oil. I have been a poorfag all my life and am scared if spending money, but would consider the new Miata rf because it's infinitely cooler. Which route should I take?

THE VIRGIN MX5

THE CHAD FD

Should I become a living meme and buy a used WRX for a winter car?

>making $50k a year and wants to spend $50k on a car.

buy the miata from the uncle, sell the aftermarket stereo system. sell the aftermarket hard top, buy a soft top for cheap or an OEM hardtop for $1000

what pressure do I fill my tires to? I have stock wheels and stock-sized tires

Approximately 1600 Torr

have they come out with hard tops for the NDs yet?

also how do you clean your soft tops?

Bought this '91 2 days ago for $1400. It's my second red NA. Did I do good?

Looks good for the price.

that rolls looks uncomfortable being near it

Got the miat back from the body shop! The fresh clear looks amazing

Before

how much for the spray?

Bought some spikkers for my NA
>Plenty of depth in panel for anything really
Had to drill a couple custom holes and flex my rivnut gun but got it done.

Until I find out that the basket/magnet catches on the door doohicky that sits in the middle.
Feels fuckin bad man.

Those scotch brite pads really get under the dirt, huh?

have you tried buffing that out with compound?

Those look like some pretty deep scratches, bruh.

tfw all cheap NAs are the shitty 90 hp version here in germany.

My ex roommate placed a dirty box full of crap on my trunk then lazily dragged it off. So I got $300 out of him

Didn't even attempt it, the clear was 100% gone in spots

$325 iirc? And that includes touch up

How legal are engine swaps there? NB engines bolt in and are cheap

>How legal are engine swaps there? NB engines bolt in and are cheap
it is possible...with a shit ton of money.

Just do it you poorfag

200k mile 25 year old miatas are 4 fucking grand
why would anyone buy one? you'd have to spend another 4k upgrading it for it to be a fun car

Does anyone have full blueprints of Rotary engines? I want to get familiar with them and hopefully end up on the design team for the new RX.

>why would anyone buy one?
memes. also probably car throttle hyping them to death.

Will I regret selling my non-sti 2004 WRX for an NA or NB?

the meme intrigues me and seems like it will be cheaper to own

If you can live without torque.

nothing a cute little turbo can't solve

325 for just the boot area or all body?

Why the hell am I struggling so much to find a first gen pop up headlight MX-5 in the UK?

It's like nobody sells them.

Because rust has killed them all
Nobody here has a garage

If you can pay premium get an import japanese one. Tons of clean ones for like 5k

Know of any decent exporters? I've only ever really seen dozens of RX-8's being exported.

>skyactiv-x ND soon
FUGGGGGGGGGGGG

goodwoodsportscars.co.uk/info.html
I dont know if they're any good or not though

You're not looking very hard then, they're everywhere in the UK and stupidly cheap. A friend of mine got his for £600 last year with no rust

Unfortunately I live on the channel islands so finding one locally is near impossible and not being able to conveniently visit car lots makes it a real pain. It's basically internet or bust.

Whole body re clear coated with xkote

>Torque output with the new tech also is claimed to be 10 to 30 percent better than that in the current Skyactiv-G models.
>torquey miats

>mfw my stock NB SP puts out 157KW
210HP for you americans.
I think I got a good deal on it, 2002 MX-5 SP with only 80,000km on it for $13K AUD
I never thought a turbo miata could be this much fun.

Would a roll bar like this do anything for a T-bone accident?

I have complete and total confidence in my own driving, my only fear is my life being ended by an obese soccermom in a freshly used GMC Acadia.

Is there anything you can do to not die as hard in a rear end?

Uhhh this is the wrong car if you are that concerned about safety. The only thing that would save you is a full cage/harness/helmet/everything. Just drive like you're riding a motorcycle. Or daily drive something safer and drive the Miata for fun

pls respond

>$13K AUD
Seems like alot but I hear car prices are generally high in Australia, how much is the turbo kit worth?

If you're worried about safety a miata is not for you
And if you don't want to get T-boned, try petitioning your local government to replace intersections with roundabouts

Those door bars have nothing to do with safety. They are for chassis stiffness and for making it difficult to get in and out of your car

I guess passive safety, like some kind of wacky light system, is the only way out of this

My big issue is the visibility of the car, in a SUV world. Bikers live, I guess

take an engineering class you mongoloid

Anyone have that big checklist of things to inspect when buying?

I'm 6'5". Will I fit into a Miata with modifications?

Just open the roof lel

Hey faggots, im looking to dressing some hair as well, I feel like im buying at the worst time because summers ending, but I feel like I might also be buying at the best time because people would want to get a better winter car, its going to be hard to find a good car to get though I live in riceville.