/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>the wheels edition edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Theme music
youtube.com/watch?v=_hI0qMtdfng

>Anons' cars
youtube.com/watch?v=SsvC04Tk1fA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=XGXFFqr5OZA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=Qm1xtyuKrQk
youtube.com/watch?v=GNDGx29Lw0o&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/JeGx-8GmYNQ
youtu.be/RJoaCywHjlg?t=26s
youtu.be/B1crp1-s29Q

>Clean CM
youtube.com/watch?v=sdwgDGuXV6Y&feature=youtu.be

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/95-honda-accord-customized-5/6314172862.html
akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-honda-civic-hatch-1200/6289705362.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/d/jdm-honda-b16a-motor-with/6305163622.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gRRJczV85Ts
youtu.be/NL1GQQI3hcM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How does the collage work?
See pic related

/hg/ Rarity Scale
>Extremely common - 10 or more examples in collage (Civic)
>Very common - 9 examples
>Common - 8 examples
>Average - 7 examples (S2000)
>Less common - 6 examples
>Uncommon - 5 examples (RSX)
>Scarce - 4 examples
>Rare - 3 examples (NSX)
>Very rare - 2 examples (CRZ)
>Unique - 1 example (RLX)
>Non-existent - 0 examples (Vigor)

T H I C C

This guy on Facebook wants 250k pisos for this price of shit.

>tfw you have a mental illness that calls for you to wake up in the middle of the night and go rooting through your garage for that one tool that you know you didn't leave under the hood of a car and it has to be somewhere

I FOUND THAT 10mm SOCKET THOUGH. My neighbors probably think i'm a serial killer waking up at 3am and going into the garage.

Snap on is a hell of a drug

I really hope honda doesn't fuck up the new s2k. By the time I'll be able to afford an old one they'll all be gone.

cause it's an import?
those are legitimately 3k over where I live.

ain't gonna be cheap.

since you got no replies last thread. how well do you know thread and bolt tolerance because otherwise your gonna need to prep the fittings like you would on an oil air compressor. I've jb welded the bottom of my car together and a helicoil back onto the head but while the stuff is strong it's kinda like working with clay. Petty much expect it not to completely close and require sealing tape.
that reminds me, anyone here know how to fix an air compressor that stalls under pressure but not from starting at an empty tank.

They're making a new one? I thought they would be like most automakers and focus on making another EV shitbox.

>sohc

J-series a GOAT

>tfw I'm the only first gen integra left
rip white integra bro

>tfw lost a 15mm 3/8 shallow snap on socket under a customers hood

I was chocked for days, new one "luckily" only cost me $20.

Final video

Check em
Post most recent gets

Rust get, three fingers.

Fucking Honda. Have they learned nothing from the EG and all those rust buckets before.
The car is mint other than this gaping big fucking hole.

wew, let me resize that.

If they keep the same formula as the old one while adding features that doesn't subtract from the experience it will do well. I could see it going for 40-45k if it's fast enough

Can you guys recommend me some brands for brakes for my 2007 Fit?

Before anyone gives me shit the car is stock I just tend to brake late as possible DDing and more so when I pretend off ramps are race courses at night.

I keep a lot of tools in the back and wherever I've had a full car, the combination valve puts full brake force to the back and I've warped 2 sets of Honda drums during hard stops.

Also get your lower rad mounts rust proofed if not already. Pic related. Fucking rust.

Are sixth gen Accords reliable in any way?

I can say that U.S.-spec Accords are reliable.

That's an accord?

>I just tend to brake late as possible DDing and more so when I pretend off ramps are race courses at night
kek

Apparently yeah

It's the European Accord.

Honda made three distinctive Accords for the 6th gen: a compact version in Japan, that large mid-size for the Americas, Australia, and New Zealand, and a compact similar to the fifth gen for Europe.

u gonna get memed, son

i have so many sadness

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/95-honda-accord-customized-5/6314172862.html
wew

Ah cool. Didn't know about this specific model. It doesn't look very Honda-ish (for the lack of a better term)

This was less than a week ago and I'm already almost at 187777

What the fuck. I wouldn't even pay more than $100 because of all the de-ricing I'd have to do.

That check light

And I'm back.

With a week average of 23.42 in the 1/4 mile, I have officially garnered the slowest time in drag week history.

Now: I need to cut ten seconds from that.

One of the other racers has a speed shop that deals a lot with B-series engines, and he said he could hook me up with a B16 with trans for around $800. So that's probably what I'm going to run for power.

In the beginning, I'm thinking Hondata, a set of injectors and E85. Later down the road, Precision Turbo or another good but budget turbo.

GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS, MORTALS

B16 is a good engine for circuit. For drag, torque is king. Look into a H22, or B20 with a VTEC head. Get a H-to-B adapter so you could adapt a B series trans to your H22. Get a B trans with the best gearing for drag (usually can mix and match different gears and final drives between different ones). Also, get a LSD to help with traction get off the line. Sacrificing top speed for acceleration will help your times, but kill your highway cruising comfort/mpg.

>$800 for B with trans

Fuck that's a hell of a deal.

yup, they even came in a type-r version here in yurop

I wouldn't worry about it.

Opinion? I think you're insane.

Go for it.

It's a code p1509. Been trying to get rid of it for 2 months.

teh rims tho

I have no intention on buying it, but if I see it hit like $300 I'd grab it just to fuck around with.

I'm already bein' memed.
I have so much stuff to fix.
Need to get a job, desu.

wouldn't work retail
let me warn you from meme man to meme man

frankly this is my daily driver, and that won't be changing, period. So something that's got decent fuel efficiency and great reliability is king, and that means relatively tall gears and a small displacement.

If I can't get into the mid 13's with 250whp and a car that weights 1,700lbs, I don't know what to do.

Should've hung out with me homie. My 1g is swapped and I have spare engines and trannys

I'm in low 13s with 140 wheel

I was working a pizza job. I just need anything with health insurance at this point.
But first things first I gotta replace one of my CV axles.

were you there? If so, which car senpai?

Gonna go check this out this weekend. Everything stock apparently.

I found a 1980 civic cvcc 1300 5spd recently for $900. Anyone know what 2nd gen civics are like on the highway? I can post the craigslist add if there's interest

they'll sit at 5,000rpm on the highway at 65mph all day. I just drove a 4 speed 1.3L 5,300 miles in 12 days around those RPMS to no ill effect.

Post the links senpai.

Seems like a really high rpm, but if it works it works. And I can't seem to find the fucking add, it's only been a day damnit. So here's a first gen for your time akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-honda-civic-hatch-1200/6289705362.html

Holy shit that's a high RPM. You'll be at 3000@70 after the swap if the gears are similar to my D.

>wheels and height not stock
>everything stock
Pick 1

that's due to a short ass stroke so they could have very little dwell time; hence a 10.5:1 comp ratio that can run 85 octane.

And it really doesn't matter about the RPM, it's a fucking sewing machine with wheels. As long as it has oil and fuel, she'll go.

Stock DC5-R wheels, but the lugs aren't. I'll ask if he still has the originals.
The grass and angle makes it look lower.

>longboi lugs
at least its not bullets or skulls

No, you texted me but i couldnt hang out in the middle of the day

How reliable are 3rd gen preludes? and what are some common issues they tend to have?
Guy near me is selling one and I'm kinda interested. It's in rough shape though, there is quite a bit of rust on the wheelwell, which seems to be a common problem with the 3rd gens I find
Allegedly its in drivable, but I haven't had the time to call and ask for details
What's a fair price to pay for one? Assuming it's a 2.0 engine, non-4ws model?

>tfw you hear a horn and its the guy in the clean CB7 giving you the rock on symbol as he passes by your own accord

>the light turns green
>press clutch
>pedal slams forward with no resistance

>Long while back
>Doing some light daytime hooning with white coupe bro
>Following him back to his place
>Clutch in to shift to fourth
>Clutch stays on the floor
>Master cylinder was empty
>I'm always prepared with a bottle of brake fluid
>Fill it up and it's fine
>Still full today

That was weird as fuck and neither of us knew why it happened.

reminds me
>check steering fluid
>its very low and its been making bad squealing noises when cold
>fill to cold max
>drive to work
>at hot max
next week
>its cold
>level is at bottle cap

Honda is a mystery

Im absolutely new to cars, but I have a 2000 Civic SI... but whenever I google the car it shows the car with V-TEC. Mine doesnt have the V-TEC logo on the side? wat is my car

I don't think the sixth gen USDM So had the decals on the side from the factory. Just look for the "EM1" in your VIN. Also the Si on the gauge cluster but people have swapped those into normal coupes.

sorry, your first post didn't have a name. Course I know you got a lot of 1G stuff, and I'd absolutely love your advice and opinion on B swapping this thing.

I have a local lead on this: sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/d/jdm-honda-b16a-motor-with/6305163622.html

And I've heard you can use 4WD Wagon axles with the Integra hubs and Hassports mounts, so that should save me a few hundred bucks.

Sorry I couldn't hang out dude, it was go-go-go that entire week.

Man I should stop looking at eBay. They clearly overprice things. Kek

found an '02 accord 5spd with 200k miles for $1200 bux on craigslist
should i go for it?

>tfw one side of the car keeps shaking when I turn it off.
I'm almost positive that transmission mount is fucked.
how would I replace?

jb weld it.

knock sensor is going out on the prelude causing a CEL.

in other news, the nissan S13 is at my house, engine block and all. Steering hardware is installed and I'm mainly waiting on an operational steering rack before working on the engine (which sits above it)

front coilovers installed and 70 degree steering angle kit as well.

looks insane when looking inside the wheel well

K swap

I think I know what I plan to do with it in the future.

A 2JZ-GE swap would be great for getting it legally swapped and on the streets. Then after that, the sky's the limit I guess. Aesthetics are a different matter...

Yes.

Just check the belts and lifters

full black with a type x wing and some jdm taillights?

Some sort of cute 90s bumper that doesn't look rice but could house an intercooler?

I wish my pockets were deeper.

Left a note on each of the red EG civics that park near my work offering to buy them. One's an immaculate Breeze and the other one's a GLi with paint fade, probably gonna offer a grand to whoever calls me first. Crossing my fingers I can get the GLi for that easy VTiR swap.

>purchased everything online for manual s o h c swap
>everyday while at work get emails saying shipped
>sister calls
>mailman left note that an item needs a signature
>didn't even ring the bell or knock
>god damnit what could it be
>the fucking clutch and flywheel

If I get out early I gotta try and get it before they ship it back.

Don't worry my single cammed friend. I haven't forgotten about you.

>hit bump
>PS belt now screeches
Fuck. I was going to replace that later.

On the bright side, I found a matching hubcap to complete my set.

lmao thats not even a fair trade

I'm used to disappointment.

Posted on Honda General.

Looking at getting a CR-V from a local dealersip. I want to say it's an 06, 140,000 miles on it. They're asking 5.5k for it, but I wanted to know what I'm in for if I choose that vehicle.

Even when you have park, Vtec is kick in.

youtube.com/watch?v=gRRJczV85Ts

white smoke comes out of ac at mid to high rpms. should I be concerned and what causing this?

interior vents? is cause for concern

yes the vents. am I fuck?
also looks like my transmission mount has worn out the side rubber dampeners on it.... and it's raining.

>wash car
>can now make out at least 7 shades of red and 1/3 of the lacquer got blasted off one of the side skirts

why cant honda do paint?

youtu.be/NL1GQQI3hcM
pretty much same colour and location for where smoke is coming out of my Civic. yes the vid is a different car.

That's pretty weird. What does the smoke smell like? Could give a clue as to the source.

It's happened to my mother's Kia before, nothing to worry about. It's just condensation.

Tightened the PS belt, the sound didn't go away. I remembered back to a ChrisFix video and poured water on both belts, yet the noise was still there. It isn't my timing belt, I-is it???

didn't get a good smell of it but I'll check when the rain stops. also my sense of smell is terrible.

I don't have enough experience to even guess what it could be.

>The only substances going into the cabin are refrigerant and coolant for the AC and heater?
>Is the blower burning up?

I've never been under my dash yet.

>First of three days off in a row
>first heavy rain day since the edge of Harvey hit my area

Fuck

no problem
just change badges honda become badges subaru

Depends on how it was maintained. Cars that age are prone to electrical problems from old age. Don't pay no more than 2k but it depends on condition

Mileage is 2hi4me

You're in for a slow SUV. Fun to drive if manual though

The older the car the shittier the paint is

I think it has to do with the color pearl white and silver hondas still look good even if they lose their luster.

blue looks fine

>"That's some nice blue paint you've got there user, be a shame if anything where to happen to it".