GS300 / Aristo Thread

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

columbiamo.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2003-lexus-gs-300-sedan/6307072578.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2JZ nom nom

top car. was my first car, but the Arab I bought it from neglected it and it wasnt apparent until my mechanic looked at it. Sold it a month later. I bought an impreza right after but I still want another gs300.

I saw a 1999 GS300 for sale at this dealership that I drive past on my way to work. Are they worth getting and how expensive is it to customize it?

I'll sell you mine

lots of great inexpensive mods, good after market support, rwd, 2jz
they're not bad on price or maintenance and they look unique
almost a cross between an an is and ls
sporty yet luxurious looking

trade me for my 05 jetta gli turbo

I'll give you my 04 outback sport and a friendly high five for it

I want 1 sO bad

Im probably buying an 04 GS300 from auction tomorrow. Going to try to get it for less than 3k. It's pretty much immaculate but it was 142k miles on it.

Gunna grab some coilovers, front lip and wheels first. Then hopefully do some chassis stiffening mods and a manual swap using a cd009. Eventually go n/a-t or gte aristo swap

nice but why cd009

3uz a good, 1uz a best, 2jz a qt, all a friend

i had a gs400

i would not mind an aristo swapped car now

>Gunna grab some coilovers, front lip and wheels first. Then hopefully do some chassis stiffening mods and a manual swap using a cd009. Eventually go n/a-t or gte aristo swap
it's a fucking luxury car you faggot, it probably belonged to some retiree before you got your greasy spic hands on it

Get off this thread you uncultured swine

Luxury car with a 2jzgte faggot

>muh JAY-DEE-EM
F A G G O T
A
G
G
O
T

kys

this.

What are the advantages to a 1u over a 3u?

Also... Hows interior space compared to a Lincoln Towncar?

stronger connecting rods, cable-actuated throttle plate vs throttle by wire, greater spacing between cylinders (though sleeves are same thickness in both engines). generally, people prefer the 1uz for boosting for the sake of not really having to touch the bottom end until reaching greater numbers than the 3uz. as for interior space, it's not quite as roomy as a landbarge, but i've had 4 passengers before without any squishing.

Please let me know how you hook up the drive shaft and all that I was looking into this tranny as well

GS300s are shit compared to the real deal Aristo V300 w/o the the GTE twin turbo 2JZ.

With*

This honestly, ricer mods belong on civics

Look at this autist having a meltdown

Unlike amerifats, japanese sedans are actually built to handle

Blow it up and do an aristo swap :)

So coilovers is rice?
You're fucking retarded, go do you're homework you pleb

You really don't know shit, it's apparent

columbiamo.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2003-lexus-gs-300-sedan/6307072578.html

Good deal? Seems way too good to be real. Pic related is the ad as well.

too expensive you should b able to find one cheaper between 3k-5k

Dont buy from a dealer, I bought a 2005 g35 on cl from the owner for about 9k with 55k miles on it sooo just look around, you'll find a better deal

Nah, where I live they only get that low if they have 200,000 miles or more.

GS400 user reporting in

Paid 4700 for mine, hid headlights (oem) and factory navigation

Bump

Wow I have never heard of mating that nissan tranny with a 2JZ. Sounds like it just bolts right on with an adapter plate. Definitely going to look into that for my IS

It's not so easy as you have to cut the cd009 bellhousing off and use the oem j3 connected to the Collins adapter plate.
$$$$$

Nice, care to share?

Ayyye

Looks clean amigo

It would be better to use the BMW 6 speed from the E46 330i with the Collins adapter plate, takes abuse like the cd009, but the shifter location has fewer issues
DON'T DO NA-T, pickup a 2JZ-GTE VVTi from the Aristo V300, much cheaper than trying to get a JZA80 Supra motor, or you could go 1JZ-GTE VVTi as well

Bumpp
My GS goals

Oh yeah?? Gonna read into that transmission, thanks user.

Can you tell me vvti vs non-vvti?

VVTi is honestly God's gift to turbocharging, think about how people can squeeze 400whp from B16A's so easily, VTEC+Turbo equals power, well the GTE VVTi heads are essentially BEAMS heads because they were designed by the same team from Yamaha, variable valve timing helps the turbos spool earlier, and maintain very good power and driveability, as opposed to the twin turbo non-vvti engines which are very peaky
I was reading a forum post earlier where a guy had a 2JZ in a SC300 and he said he didn't like how the turbo kicked on like a hammer, he ended up going with a 1JZ VVTi because he only wanted 500whp and better driveability, this is what I would probably do teebeeaitch