Can it handle a 100hp engine? If it can what 100hp engine wold fit in the engine bay?

Can it handle a 100hp engine? If it can what 100hp engine wold fit in the engine bay?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oaEel0spD34
youtube.com/watch?v=v_Ui2pULeos
cliosport.net/threads/twingo-172.504195/
youtube.com/watch?v=aUOXXjjsP4c&feature=youtu.be&t=4
youtube.com/watch?v=nIzgk5FnqzI
planeterenault.com/1-gamme/45-moteurs/4907-d4ft-tce-100/
youtube.com/watch?v=VlXLwWz5cGo
youtube.com/watch?v=prfB01RBAqQ
youtu.be/nIzgk5FnqzI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_128_SOHC_engine#Engine_specification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

G60 with a supercharger

>Can it handle a 100hp engine?
Yes.
>If it can what 100hp engine wold fit in the engine bay?
I'd presume a lot of D4FT parts would bolt right on, but they'd have clearance issues.
>Can OP do it?
No.

There's the 1.4 turbo unit found in older Renaults, which is a straight bolt-in job on older Twingos.
Also the more modern D4FT, which is literally the same block as the engine in newer Twingos.

H-hey now i managed to change the oil for my moms corolla!!

There are tons of Twingos that got >100hp engines dropped in by enthusiasts.

1.4turbo from the 5 is easily tuned up to reliable 180hp and that shit makes that light car fly

obligatory 1.4turbo twingo video post

youtube.com/watch?v=v_Ui2pULeos

>girls and wife have to sit on the bench while the family man hoons around a CART TRACK in his twingo

he's living the life lmao

Also obligatory Twingo 172 build thread:
cliosport.net/threads/twingo-172.504195/

>800kg car with 180hp engine

Turbobusa

Unironically this.

>900 kg if I sit in it.
Not so impressive now is it.

>u havin a giggle, m8?
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=aUOXXjjsP4c&feature=youtu.be&t=4

oh fug

now I will think twice before I bully a twingo

LS1 Twingo when?

not a LS1 but still a V8 Twingo

youtube.com/watch?v=nIzgk5FnqzI

It could be done in the same way the Renault 5 Turbo and the Renault Clio V6 were done: drop a huge engine at the rear and make it an RR.

exactly what these guys did

Both the 5T and Clio V6 were MR tho.

nice, I took too long to type it out.
thanks for precision.
>planeterenault.com/1-gamme/45-moteurs/4907-d4ft-tce-100/
>It took Renault 80 million euros to put a turbo on the D4F engine and make it gain 25HP
Someone explain please

Redesigned heads and stronger internals, and presumably a fuckton of R&D to get the emissions below that magical 100g/km.

nice licence plate

oh forgot about that, thanks.
Man 100HP from an 1.2 sounds almost like swap material

>Not being an Auschwitz-mode anorexic for the weight reduction

It's something I wanna try out when I actually have the space to do so. Apparently you can get them up to 170hp before having to swap the internals.

At that point is it even still a Twingo?

WOW it's baffling how powerful these new engines are. I was looking at a Manta last week, and it had a pityful 1.2 rated at 50hp.

1.6L Turbo Ecoboost

Or even the 1.0L Ecoboost

Hp/l was the biggest craze a few years back, man. Now the "downsizing" fad is starting to slow down and some automakers are even going back to bigger engines.

ECU is gonna be a problem with an engine like this

THREE
ROTOR

What a silly car

BMI of 16.5 here lad

So what would be the cheapest way to get 100hp out of a twingo? Adding a turbo? Engine swap?

Find a D4FT (also called D4F780,D4F782 or D4F784) from a crashed 2nd gen Twingo GT, Clio, Duster or Captur. Should cost a few hundred in your local currency. This is the route with the least custom fabrication involved, in theory anyway. Can't find anyone crazy enough to have done it, on the English-speaking parts of the internet at least.

Or if you can fab up your own engine/transmission mounts, something like a 1.6 or 1.8 from a Clio or Megane should have the same bellhousing pattern so it should work with the stock transmission, for a little while at least.

Or as mentioned before, get an early Twingo with a C-type engine and drop in a 1.4T from a Renault 5 GT Turbo, or even a 1.7T from a Volvo 480. They're the same engine family iirc.

The weakest link is gonna be the transmission. The stock JH1/JB1 is rated for very little torque, so upgrading to a JH3/JB3 transmission at least would be a good idea.

yes, would recommend bigger brakes though
>If it can what 100hp engine wold fit in the engine bay?
C3G turbo from renault 11 turbo should be literally bolt on on early C3G models

Thanks, i wonder if doing this would in any way be worth it other than for the novelty of having a pretty cool twingo, you can find twingos for as low as 300e (probably lower with some haggling) in my country so it's somewhat tempting, ive always liked light weight cars.

Find a Citroën AX GT/Sport/Rally/Turbo/Whatever they call it

It sounds like a fun little sleeper project to me, but in terms of value for money and the amount of effort that goes into an engine swap, even a relatively simple and straightforward one, you can probably do better.
Again though, the novelty factor alone is worth it to me.

Jesus christ europoors get your shit together...

>mfw sub-2000lbs

cute

wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=VlXLwWz5cGo

*PSSSSHHHHes at u*
youtube.com/watch?v=prfB01RBAqQ

>not giving it a v8
youtu.be/nIzgk5FnqzI

>C3G turbo
Wait, so someone slapped a tarbo on the stock C3G?
Madman.

I could swear the first digit on a twingo tach is either '1' or off..

Well turns out there are two tachs and mine was an early model where it looked like pic related.

So is the speedo another thing that changed with the ~2000 facelift, or did they change it at some other point in time?

Someone put an ls1 in a Hyundai excel and converted it to rwd.
explain why the twingo can't do this.

The engine bay is tiny, you'd basically have the last 2 cylinders next to your knees.

rear engine twingo?
turn the hood into the boot

MR V8 Twingo has been done.

>950kg car
>400hp
>room for turbos

this is pleasing to know.
now he just needs to swap an ls into it

The best part is the current owner is ZZ Top guitarist Billy Gibbons.

the funniest thing is that if you want to get your 0-60 times you HAVE to use GPS in a twingo because the tach updates so fucking slow, you can easily lose a whole second (or even more because also delay) just because it didn't update in time.

the car is literally faster than the tacho lmao

FRESH TWINGO

at night, somewhere in japan...

lol, love this guy

I would rip the the 1.4L Multiair Turbo out of my Abarth and drop it in a Twingo without hesitation if it weren't for American import laws. Sweet sweet Abarth exhaust note coming out of a friendly Twingo.

A N G E R Y

CUZ EVERY GIRL GRAZY BOUT A TWIN-GO MAN

Man, now i really want a rotary engine Twingo, how much do those things even cost anyway? Does it make any sense to buy them used?

>Does it make any sense to buy them used?
Twingos, or rotaries?

no fucking way

Rotaries, as ive heard bad things about their lifespans i wondered if there was any sense in buying them used.

They aren't necessarily unreliable (as in they won't leave you stranded for no reason), they just need some special care and more frequent rebuilds.
On the other hand, they have way fewer parts than a piston engine so they're relatively easy to rebuild.

If you buy an NA rotary at 150k miles or so and rebuild it, chances are it'll last another 150 to 200k without needing to be rebuilt again. Usually this just involves replacing the seals anyway, rotors and housings don't tend to wear too much unless something really goes very wrong.

Oh wow, now I know where that very fast Twingo image came from

incredible hihg speed

He's not going even remotely fast.....this is what eurocucks live for.

Straight line. Literally any car could build up enough speed if given enough time on a straight.

This is 2200 and 600hp.

>mfw they need a engine swap to hit triple digit hp

Weak.

Problem?

And yet the 1.0
Ecoboost gets close to 140 hp.

I feel like HP/l is just useless statistic. Either you make power or you don't, ya know?

cool

800 kg is only with base trim or shit engine
900 to 1000 kg by the time bigger engine is put in

Still waiting for that one user to start his D4FT swap.
I hope this shit will happen.

at lest its not like peaky engine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_128_SOHC_engine#Engine_specification

>twinko

Ugh. Faggots.