For people in Ontario Canada: I only have my G1 and it's been 3 years...

For people in Ontario Canada: I only have my G1 and it's been 3 years. Do I still have enough time to get full G license in two years or no?

Well?

Well yeah I guess, google it yourself though. I think its 5 years from getting your g1. If it expires you can skip the wait periods up to the level you would go for next AFAIK, my buddy's a retard and let his expire and he has his G now somehow

Jesus, you're a fucking idiot, schedule your G2 test right fucking now, you have 5 years to get your G2 and another 5 to get your G. You should've gone for the G2 test as soon as you could.

Clearly, because you're this retarded and an answer that can easily be goolauged and have the MTO website Q&A in 2 seconds you should leave Veeky Forums faggot.

I don't think it resets the timer senpai... I need to get my G2 ASAP then take G right after.

Honestly reason I delayed it so hard is because parents would never let me use their car and I didn't wanna spend so much of my own money on insurance so I didnt feel motivated.

I'm just asking if two years is enough time.

yeah that shit does not reset

Yes, you have 5 years to get everything. You can go get your G2 right now, you can drive with it for 12 months before you're eligible to test for your full G license.

I wouldn't wait any longer - I basically ran mine out to almost the full 5 years, if I'd failed my G test I would've had maybe 2 months left to re-test and pass.

Good thing I passed my G1, G2, and G all on the first try.

So I'm fucked ? What if it expires

I dont have a car though what do I do

The 5 years does not reset when you get a new class of license. You have 5 years total from the time you obtain a G1 license to get your full G license. You need to have your G1 for at least 12 months before testing for your G2 (or 8 months if you complete provincially certified Driver's Ed course), then another 12 months with your G2 before you can test for G.

G2 test was a bigger pain in the ass than my G test, really.

Find a good driving school/instructor so you can practice.

I was 19 when I got my G1, mainly so I'd have ID for university. I was 22 when I graduated, and didn't have a car the entire time I was in university (too expensive).

So I had to do driving lessons every Sunday for a couple of months until I got good enough. Then I scheduled my G2 test, and my driving instructor let me use his vehicle for the test (same car I did all my lessons on, Pontiac Vibe).

Passed my G2, so that when I graduated I could buy a car and start driving when I got a job. After about a year of driving my own car with my G2 license, I tested for my G and got that license.

Where do you live? I went to uni in London and my driving instructor was awesome, not sure if he is still doing it though. That was back in 2012.

Is driving school a scam? I signed up for the cheapest driving school.

I live in Aurora. I can't tell what a good or bad instructor is, the one I got is taking two weeks for first lesson because hes busy. Not sure if I should ask for a different one just so I can do it quicker.

Also the inclass lessons are pretty useless but I guess that's just for insurance.

Yes, in class Driver's Ed is a waste of money - I would just wait the extra 4 months and use it to practice, or spend that money on practical, in-car road lessons with an instructor.

I do work in Aurora, but I don't know any instructors there. I would say you should avoid them if you can't understand what they're saying. The driving school I called for lesson referred me to a guy who barely spoke English. I did one lesson with him and then called to tell them that I couldn't understand his instructions. They paired me with an older white guy who was an awesome teacher, and a chill dude too. He was really patient (even though I wasn't a total sperg), and gave clear direction on what he wanted me to do, guided me through it (i.e. parallel parking, gave little tips about how to line your mirror up with their door, then crank the wheel, etc.). We talked for a few minutes at the end of each lesson on what I did well and what needed improvement.

I would say the most important things are patience, good communication, and progress. If they just keep getting you to repeat the exact same shit every week, clearly they don't care.

Not sure what vehicles they'd use, but like I said, my guy had a Pontiac Vibe. I see a lot of driving schools using Camrys and shit, so something smaller with good visibility is better than an SUV.

Do you hold your G1 license? Are you doing the school simply to shave off 4 months from the eligibility period before you can test for your G2?

Everyone I know who did driving school did it in high school, and they were 16 and just wanted to get their G2 license when they were 17.

As for the full driving school (in class and practical lessons) - it depends on you. I learn better with 1-on-1 instruction, and those driving schools are usually just an assembly line where they don't really focus on your individual progress.

Personally, I would take private/individual lessons.

My instructor was such a chill dude that he even brought me on the EXACT route that the G2 road test is done on. Took me down Exeter road, off onto the side street, showed me where they get people to parallel park, then perform 3 point turn, head back out onto the road, change lanes, etc.

I was almost doing shit before the MTO examiner told me to do it, I had to be careful so he wouldn't think I was "cheating" or something.

As an addendum to this - at the end of each lesson, my instructor would actually make log notes and then we'd review before each lesson. He tracked my progress and I can honestly credit him with passing my G2.

His name was Sieg and he was a chill dude.

Yes I have g1 and had it for three years now. I'm doing it for insurance discount because otherwise the same amount of incar lessons would be a like 70% of the cost anyway.

I heard they're not allowed to take you on the exact road test route also. Should I call them and ask if I can get an instructor with more availability?

Not really sure how they could not be allowed, it's not like they're breaking any laws. The MTO and private driving schools are separate entities - it'd be like me or anyone else taking you on the route we did for our driving test.

I would get an instructor who can book a specific time/date weekly for you. I had lessons every Sunday at 1 or 2 pm. Traffic wasn't too bad, it was light out, no construction going on during Sundays.

When you book your road test, DO NOT do it early in the morning or late in the afternoon. I made the mistake of booking my G test at 8:45am on a Tuesday - fucking ridiculous traffic, school buses, and timed zones (i.e. speed limit changes when light is flashing for school time).

Book your test on a weekday, late morning like 10:30-11. It's well after the rush hour, and before the lunch traffic starts. I work up in the Wellington/Leslie area and things tend to slow down around 9-9:30am.

Oh hello, Aurora fag. I'm Richmond Hill fag. I used this one shady Russian driving instructor named Alex when going for my G2. He's blessed. Search up Norfolk driving academy or something like that. Pay him 140 and he blesses you on the spot.

>Pay him 140 and he blesses you on the spot.

Does he swallow too?

Okay thanks. Ill ask them tomorrow if I can figure out a quicker schedule so I can do multiple lessons a week

Already paid for this one desu

One more thing Aurora Fag. Remember to do the driving test at the NEW MARKET location. Easiest location available. It’s a fucking joke, but if you know how to drive properly any location should do.

I was going to do it at the Aurora location but apparently that closed down.

Aurora has a lot of asians though, they're a dangerous variable. Newmarket has less, even though it's only 10 minutes away.

The DriveTest is somewhere on Harry Walker, and that whole area is easy to navigate. OP should definitely do the test there.

I did mine in Lindsay, ON and it was retarded. Instructor was a giant cunt too, even though I did pass.

Just do your G2 asap. Insurance only really starts counting your experience years from the day you have G2 - the earlier you get it, the cheaper insurance will be in the long run. Also yes, if you stop putting it off you have time to do the full G license. Just do everything ASAP.

Trying now but Wtf do I do about having a busy AF driving instructor?

maybe he wan sum fuk?

He seems cool but I really dont have too much time...

lil fuk no take long

The instructor I had at new market was a suuuper chill dude. His name was Andrew. Always wears sunglasses, spikey gelled up hair, generally great guy. Hopefully you get him.

What school

>he’s not from a school. He works there. He’s the guy that actually conducts the test as you’re going along. The instructor I used was a shady old Russian named Alex. Plz refer to my older posts.

Oh right. You said instructor, guess you meant test guy

Wtf dude what took you so long