youtube.com/watch?v=V_7sZ00cAmE
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-saturn-sl-5-speed-manual/6304204811.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/98-saturn-82k-miles-700-obo/6292383661.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/03-saturn-series-runs-great/6300254877.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/03-saturn-l300-sedan/6295754777.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1200-obo/6276400844.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I disagree.

I strongly disagree as well. Fiat and Chrysler merging together was a stupid fucking idea.

Jap cars except Suzuki

And new Nissan. Pretty much the FCA of Jap cars.

Yeah fuck no. Suzuki is just as reliable as Toyota and Honda were. It's Nissan and Mazda who are a disgrace to Japan and might as well be Korean companies.

Mitsubishi is not reliable

Yes it is.

depends on where you live

toyota is fucking shit
so is honda

try audi, bmw and chevrolet

Can't argue

>toyota is fucking shit
>so is honda

CAN'T GET ME WITH THAT BAIT NIGGA

And I sure hope you aren't talking about new Chevys.

this triggers the weeb and yurosandnigger

America's only reliable brand. Unless someone proves me wrong.

Not since 1984, and I'm not even muslim.

M Block gasket failure. Corrola ABS failure in the early-mid 2000s.

Lincoln, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford

>the 90s didn't exist

Buick Rendezvous. Look it up.

It is the rebadged german cars, Opel.

>Lincoln, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford
lol

an even uglier Pontiac Aztek. what about it?

>Ford
>GM
>reliable

FIX IT AGAIN TONY

Also forgot about Pontiac

American cars are pretty reliable actually, it's your fault if you buy one that got neglected. Same for any piece of junk

Prove me wrong

Wait, you can't.

>Chevrolet's shitboxes aren't reliable

Forget about the Malibu, Cobalt, and Cruze user?

>Malibu, Cobalt, and Cruze user?

None of those are reliable, especially the Cobalt and the Cruze.

Are you pretending to be retarded?

What experience do you have with any of those cars?

and posting reddit reaction pictures doesn't help your argument

My brother had one, damn thing had terrible wiring. Door ajar wouldn't stop ringing despite all doors being closed, speedometer wouldn't work, it was only three years old at the time.

Chevy and Ford makes decent pickups from what I know, their sedans and compacts are a different story tho.

Had a Cruze for 6 months as a work vehicle. Nothing but dogshit from it. Brake caliper seized up, alternator went at 43,000km, MAF sensor needed replacing twice in the time I owned it, and the stereo would randomly change radio stations without any input from me. Not to mention the interior wore like shit, that cheap mesh they put on the dash and door panels got all abrasive and shredded just from having your arm against it/brushing against it with a coat.

Cheap shit car.

My neighbour's kid owned a Cobalt SS for two years, and had nothing but headaches. Spent thousands just to keep it running. As soon as he fixed the alignment, a belt would snap. Replaced that, now bearings are shot. Replaced those, now valves need adjustment. Then CV joints, parking brake cable rusted through and snapped when he pulled on it, AC compressor died, and the temp. dial for the HVAC got so loose he had to fucking glue it back on.

Cheap. Shit. Cars.

Not him, but I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze that I replaced with an old 2005 Pontiac GTO.

I had to replace the tranny, the waterpump (twice) and sparkplugs (twice). Now, I don't know if this is a common issue for Cruze's, I might of bought a lemon for all I know, but this thing cost me a arm and a leg to maintain to the point were I just couldn't deal with this pile of shit.

Reliable and cheap to fix are not mutually exclusive things but only one of those are true for American cars for the past 30 years.

These but before Ford

Chinks-owned Volvo = worst reliability

I don't see why. from what I've seen all the Chinese did was buy them and pump them with money. they don't seem like they influenced any design choices and all of Volvo's engine and tranny components were designed by them unless they made Volvo use chink parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=V_7sZ00cAmE

LAMO toyota reliable enough to perhaps have a car run for a mere 24h?

I feel like Chinese just bought them as a way to get into the auto-industry in the US.
I remember there was a BYD dealership in LA a long ass time ago, it's not there anymore.

your welcome

I agree BUT recently i was looking into some of the more recent Toyota diesel engines with DPF and i've found that they are being quite problematic. For instance, the 2.2 D-Cat 177hp that is also used in Lexus is even worst than the VW 2.0 TDI

the only nip company to make a decent diesel is isuzu

>dat Toyota's Chief face
kek

>leaky heads and glass transmissions

Old Toyota diesel engines used to be good. I guess before they started using DPF they were all pretty solid.

>pic related
Only the 7M, particularly the turbo ones had head problems which is not difficult to fix. Not even expensive to fix either.
>ABS issues
>mid 00's
>Toyota
I could name 10 things way worse than that shit

you trigger few guys of Veeky Forums.

I agree that VW is reliable.

Loved every vw Ive had do far m8

Fake... That Ford behind it obviously used some sort of witchcraft to kill that Yota.

Good news, Toyota will come back to race LMP1 next year and win by default due to no LMP1 competitors.

>Actual face of Toyota CEO due to the winning next year will be meaningless.

This guy is right but anything post L series is rebranded GM trash

[spoiler] I mainly posted it to see how many (you)'s I'd get if they were shit since I am considering getting one as a DD [/spoiler]

Shit dude we had a saturn thread yesterday but it 404'd. Post your local Craigslist saturns

Funnily enough, I was the one that actually made that thread. Decided posted here too since a thread like this is bound go get a lot of traffic and differing opinions too.

There is a pretty good amount of them on CL, SL/L models are the bread and butter of saturns correct? What are the post L's that I should be avoiding, stuff like ION's and the SUV's?

There can't be a race if there's only one competitor and unless Lotus buys Bykolles LMP1 will disband

Top Tier 300,000+
Pre-2005 Nissan
Honda
Toyota
Chevy Diesels
Mid Tier 250,000 before you have serious issues
BMW
Benz
Shit tier better hope its still on warranty
Mitsubishi
Suzuki
FCA
Super shit tier leave it on the lot
Ford (except the trucks)

Where would the Ford Trucks sit at?

Mid tier maybe higher for diesel

>Super shit tier leave it on the lot
>somehow not including FCA
>personally know someone that literally had her brand new RAM die and fixed at the dealer 4 separate times before she got a new one via lemon law

I disagree. Old Volvos are like the AMC era Jeeps, they'd last quite a while but might leave you stranded because of a dead alternator/something small like that.

>Lotus buys Bykolles LMP1 will disband
>Lotus sees themselves as Toyota's true rival.

Toyota would say like "You're 100 years too early to be facing me!! That's an insult!"

S and L series are tanks for the most part. Its kind of backwards with the saturns, you want older models. L series and was the last true good stuff from saturn. After that GM got too involved. They dilluted the brands and platforms and union fuckery happened. Just stay away from anything that isn't the L or S series. To be honest though I am mostly talking out of my ass since I have only driven an L series, but I don't trust GM. Go on saturnfans and just poke around the different sections. If anyone knows about saturns its the forum browsed of the 9 people who own them.

>mfw when vtec kicks in yo in your Saturn

She should of bought something else from a different brand.

Yeah I heard about their later stuff being stuff shared opel and other GM shit. I'll read around on that saturn form so I can be aware of the more smaller details about them.

I'll try to look on CL quick in the next hour or so and see what comes up.

If I could've gone back 6 years in the past and tell my highschool math teacher that she shouldn't buy that 2013 ram, sure I would.

>Literally the closest the US ever came to Honda
>our own Vtec
>plastic body panels so no rust
>no honda meme tax
>no haggling at the dealership
>lol lets kill the whole brand
Fucking GM

>GM killed this and turned it into a chevy fucking equinox

I agree. 20k miles on my Dart and still running strong!

Alright, I narrowed the search down by clean title as well as sub 200k.

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-saturn-sl-5-speed-manual/6304204811.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/98-saturn-82k-miles-700-obo/6292383661.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/03-saturn-series-runs-great/6300254877.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/03-saturn-l300-sedan/6295754777.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1200-obo/6276400844.html

The white one is the one that sticks out the most to me. The newer automatics are still L series but IDK if that was when GM started to bleed into Saturn.

Order of interest is probably the 2 manuals, the 80k auto that needs a cat, then the 2 newer auto's

AFAIK the head issue is fixed and it only affected NAs because the turbos got MLS gaskets

the trannies are reliable from what I've been told and havent had anything happen to mine

and while I think subaru's reliability is overrated, I think they're easily comparable to Honda and Toyota

The 98 might could be worth it if you get a cheap ca. Low miles are a blessing and a curse because it might have sat for a while. The 01 is a good option. A good amount of miles that has shown its actually been driven. The two L series are interesting but its weird that they are so cheap. I could be an idiot but to me both of those cars should be at 1500 dollars on paper. There could be a whole host of issues bubbling beneath. The white saturn looks interesting and the price is somewhat right for a car of that mileage, could probably get them down to 1k cash money.

My advice would be to check them out in person. The plastic body panels might not have rusted but these cars have been around for a while. Old shit will go wrong. On the L series there were defects from the assembly line relating to excessive tire noise and vibrations. I know on my 00 LS1 the tire noise is really fucking bad, I don't know if that carried over into the later model years.

The typical craigslist advice applies I guess. Take it out for a test run and test literally everything. Every button, switch, gadget. Issues on these cars might be small but they can add up in labor and inconvenience. What you could do is go absolute madman mode and buy all 5 cars. Jew the sellers down as much as possible and you can probably get them all for 4k. Part out and cannibalize what you can and you could probably break even.

>What you could do is go absolute madman mode and buy all 5 cars. Jew the sellers down as much as possible and you can probably get them all for 4k. Part out and cannibalize what you can and you could probably break even.
>start my own saturn dealership in 2017 and revive the brand one shitbox at a time
that is so crazy that it might just work, I better start finding actors to play me in the TV movie they'll make.

Dude I wasnt even joking. I think its perfectly doable if you have the time for it. Hell, you could just buy the 2 L series and immediately strip one for parts. Get them for 750 each and you got two whole cars that you can pretty much do whatever with. I wish I was in the market for a car again because I would do shit like that.

American cars are extremely hit or miss.

If you're domestic happened to pass through Tyrone's assembly line when he's both drunk and high at work you're going to have a piece of shit.

>Chevy Diesels
Isuzu*

Literally had a guy at my old work who went through THREE engines under warranty for his 2014 WRX. What the fuck.

2015, my bad

Because the dug in the Chysler parts bin on more than one occasion

fucking how? The FA20 is known to eat a little oil but that's it, your friend sounds suspiciously retarded

No, you're a faggot. Mitsus are problematic as fuck. Mitsubishi is the closest thing to Chrysler Japan has, even without that Chrysler partnership that happened.

Lincoln is

Not even bait, most reliable cars i have ever owned.

obviously

Unironically I can confirm this. I've probably had nothing but good luck with my BMWs, but even my ancient 750's have been extremely reliable while my newer Hyundai died, Honda died and Volvos started producing symptoms of dying.
I bet even after 50 years, that old V12 will spring to life when I pull her out of the garage again.

Same here dude, never had problems with mine probably because I take good care of them and didn't buy them from negligent retards.

He ran E85, but other than that he was a mechanic, so I doubt he fucked with his car too bad. And warranty covered it, so again, he couldn't have fucked with that much.

audis are reliable cars breh
replacing brakes/bushings/balljoints/struts at 200k miles is expensive but that's about all you have to do

t. owner of 3 audis

A friend of mine had this as a company car 1988 Corolla Wagon 1.8 diesel, the most reliable car I've seen personally.
It burnt a bit of oil but it would start without hesitation in -20 C* winters.

>fiat
>reliable
chrysler was already pretty shit on their own but they just made it worse

The 4.8 has some very questionable engineering choices.

a BMW's routine maintenance aka taking care of your damn car:
replace the whole car except for the engine, frame, body panels, and steering wheel over a 10 year period

So regular maintenance? You have to do all that shit with pretty much every car ever though.

everything above the average line

step aside ricecucks

any dumbass can make a chart like this
link the source study or fuck off

BMW: VANOS seals need replaced
Honda: VTEC never dies
BMW: Power windows failed
Honda: Power window assembly made of grorious nippon prastic folded over 1000 times is unbreakable
BMW: Shift pins are worn, shifter getting difficult to operate
Honda: Shfit knob is worn, time to swap it out for a dragon dildo

i had a 91 mazda b2200 for about 7 years and never had any major problems out of it, it had been beat to shit and was still running on 3 cylinders when i sold it

sludge