/stsg/ - Starsector General

>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
youtube.com/watch?v=UTCpVY80Bpc

>Where?
Official site:
fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8.1aRC8

>List of popular mods
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

anyone do a mod that restores the old skills?

Is being able to refurbish those derelict habs and mining stations you come across a planned feature? Because that would be super cool to have a base way out in the fringe.

NOTHING PERSONNEL, KID

No mod exists. The changes from .72 to .8 were substantial, the ones from .8 to .81 less so.

That's presumably what outposts are for but at the moment no

>tfw no junk pirates update

Best fighters to use?
Including mods
Not Red mod though, those are bullshit

Yeah, I'm missing them too.

What are the things that hurt performance the worst?
Missiles? Fighters?
Is there mods that turn that off?

Any way to make hyperstorms not drain any resources? They're ruining muh fun.

kraits from BRDY are pretty good

The fuck happened to the blackrock drive yards black chick portrait? It looks like someone applied 200% bloom to it

UI. Turn off the UI and generally performance gets a little better.

an user released some storm fix last thread I think. Otherwise just console command if you don't want to fuck around with supplies or fuel and just want to fight

brdy when

IT'S ALREADY OUT GDI

A few hours ago

wew thanks lad (and cycerin)

8.1 when?

We're on .81 user, it'll probably be two decades until 1.0. So...maybe five centuries for 8.1?

>Start new game with solo frigate start
>Go to hyperspace and get instantly attacked by a lone lasher
>"Oh, this should be quick"
>Pops my shield near instantly and gets me down to half hull all in the spam of 3 seconds

Fucking Dynasector

was it sabots

That's the only thing I can think of that would pop shields instantly.

huh, neutrino doens't appear in the campaign.
ah, well, honestly not too much of a loss

How often do you guys fap to Approchan

have any of you actually ran into any issues with dynasector? I've been using it and not encountered any problems.

if you mean for nexerelin, neutrino's latest update adds nexerelin support and it should be there if you're using the latest neutrino version.

ill do it right now if you post lewds

Is neutrino still somewhat buggy. I want to know if the other bugs got fixed. still waiting on the DONG before I start my Nex game

latest patch fixed some CTDs, other than that I had no problems with neutrino

Nah.

fuck off, the brora is a garbage dump with bolt ons

Don't you dare insult brora, she is a successful trawler who gave no fucks and trashed two ships of it's same size with little to no damage while aiding a destruction of another ship way bigger than her.

Is there a reason Histidine can't get the mining values of ships and weapons to appear in the stats tooltip or something?
A LOT of weapons and ships don't show up in the "What can mine" prompt. Even among vanilla stuff.

Stats tooltip UI is hard coded in by Alex and very hard to change

Is there any place to see all the stuff that can mine?

Yep.
They go off of the resource deposit discoveries you see while surveying.
Quality also adds to the amount you can get in one mining cycle.

Is there any way at all to check the stability of a market without physically flying there yourself?

How'd that user modify the burn penalty? Whenever I try to make changes, I get an unknown source error.

>0.8.1 is actually out
>Nexerelin is a thing again
mega fucking where

No. Most of the time you're better off just checking the resource map and moving based on that instead because there's no other reliable source.

What the fuck do I do when those fucks never enter weapon range?

Get longer range weapons.
Get faster.
Get fighters.
Get friends.

>page 10

recommend shows to watch while playing, just finished Starship Operators

Patlabor 2 or Alien

Space Battleship Yamato
Martian Successor Nadesico

I'm fapping to Lana Rain

>a single Draft frigate easily tanks my two Vulture cruisers because the AI refuses to use its Harpoons against an enemy with no shields

The AI will either blow their load the second they get into range or they will edge until they see an overload.

There is no middle ground

help im addicted to this thing

BUT HOW COME THE AI KILLS MY SHIPS WITH VOLLEYS OF HARPOONS THEN

My ships sit on their missiles all fight, but nope I'm losing destroyers to a volley of 20 fucking harpoons

this is my first time playing with blackrock, how does this loadout look to you?

Let´s say I want to let system overwrite be installed on any ship on the game, where should I start?

That's the AI blowing its load. You're always in their range.

What if there was a pseudo 3d

Meaning ships wouldn't hit other ships, instead they would just go over/under

Would help with crowding

>being anti-ramming

only use strike suite on close range or missile loadouts desu

So what changed with fighters exactly?
And complete mod fixing when?

More Diable ships rework...

Fucking mosquitoes

Must be much harder to use than it seems due to stray missiles/projectiles hitting the side bits

The antennas? The don't have any collision. Plus you have a few more PD turrets. (And it might get a small buff too since it will take more hits)

what's with all the blue lights? makes the ship look massive without any context

lots of ships have 1px lights on them.

just checking here, no one has made a luddic or pather version of the talon that i just missed, right?

I don't think vanilla ships do

ok m8

There only are a few. Notably the Paragon has the same kind of lights inside its ring. Beyond that the Prometheus has many lights too but the other ships usually only have a handful if any beyond their bridge.

yeah there's like 6 lights not 60

look at them goalposts go

why are you so defensive?

i'm just telling you that vanilla ships have small lights on them as well. apparently this is controversial?

it's criticism, small 1px lights typically represent windows and that's why the posted diable ship appears much larger than it actually is supposed to be

if the small blue dots aren't supposed to be windows, then the sprite just looks ugly

i agree that they're ugly, but i don't think they make the ship look oversized at all.

both da and shy have issues with very dark exposed substructure and giving them blue measles doesn't help

>Progress report: I don't have much time to work on this on weekdays and there is a lot of stuff to get done, so don't expect an update until Friday night at the earliest.
rip

And this is about what? THI?

Hoe do I fix my standing with the Luddic Path?

Alright someone please tell me how do I into Conquest. I got one of those sexy sluts and now I'm getting blown up in every simulated engagement and I don't want to lose this ship I just had refurbished for 6 gorillion

I get that it's a broadside type of ship fighter but seriously I don't understand how to use this at all I'm losing to everything

You take over their worlds and become new Ludd.

give them ai cores. the ludds are very tsundere for ai cores.

bunch of long range weapons

But 8.1 doesn't give AI cores, and I'm currently at -50 so I can't even dock with their markets.

I typically get one gauss/HVD broadside, one mauler and hephaestus/mjolnir broadside, both additionally get EMP beam, and then raise flux with first and go for the kill with second (manoeuvring jets help). You generally want ITU for maximum kiteability.

What the fuck, 4 wings of koresh bombers just 2-shot´d my two capitals. were they this broken before?

okay I think I just found the next fighter meta
>try again
>one volley and 1500 armor and 1/5 of hull are gone
>not only they do this much damage, but the bombers are fast and the volime of missiles is difficult to avoid
and I´m fighting legions. if those were astrals It would be several times more horrible

They were introduced in 0.8 update and they had since beginning 14 annihilators per fighter

Why is it called star sector when it doesn't have any stars or sectors?

>200 dmg per annihilator rocker
>14 annihilators per kopesh
>2 kopeshes per kopesh wing
>5600 dmg per kopesh wing total

They were already nerfed (OP 10 to 12)

Interdiction might be the most useless and annoying thing ever.

If it is annoying it isn't useless.

there is the lesser jihad, which is oriented outwards, and the great jihad, which is fought within yourself

standard talons were just too damn survivable. overpriced and undertuned too. nothing a few safety overrides can't fix.

Well the AI can't really get annoyed with me interdicting them everytime they try to activate sustained burn can they?

oh whoops, those things are firing two hammers per run. that might be a bit too much fun.

I for one like it.

testing shows that even at one per run, hammer bombers are fucking scary.

also the talons (lp) are dying like flies.

god's in his heaven, all is right in the world.

Hegemony shipfus are best

>ZERO lashers, enforcers, dominators or onslaughts
>hegemony