I'm buying one of these memes in a month...

I'm buying one of these memes in a month. I wanted an AW11 but I live in the fascist republic of Ireland and insurance on a 1980's 1.6 car is literally €6000 for someone my age. Talk me out of it/give alternatives.

what the fuck is that

smart roadster

smart roadster
rr decently fun car

smart roadster coupe

This may surprise you to know but in 30s and 40s Germany the automotive tax code was greatly simplified to the benefit of both car companies and car buyers.

>smart
absolute dogshit, get a Honda S660

it's a 700cc turbo rear-engined shooting brake.

they ruined it with overboosted power steering and no manual but still the least suicide-inducing car a teenager can drive in my awful country.

Looks like it could be a fun little coffin.

oh man I would if I could but I'd have to import one which means no finance. that said the smart has a few things going for it, namely that girls like it and that it's actually really practical because its a shooting brake with a frunk.

>Honda S660
Only in Japan

Good choice. It is rear mid-engine, rear-wheel drive. Finding the replacement parts would be tough because it is discontinued.
Top Gear praised the Roadster, awarding it Fun Car Of The Year for 2005.

700cc?
>Thats considered a scooter motor in my banan republic...

Here in Ireland if you drive anything bigger than a 2 liter your neighbor has to watch you fuck his wife. I once heard a BMW salesman describe a 730d as a 'sleeper'.

Sounds like you need to move to the Land of the Free™ mate

put honda engine, and change the suspension

Thats just fucking nuts...I dd a Silverado with a 4.8l, only issue right now is retarded fuel prices because hurricane in Texas (a complete different country btw)...

Not every shitbox is a meme.

God Ireland truly is a depressing place to try drive ANYTHING fun or interesting, I feel your pain my man.

>fascist republic of Ireland
>first country in the world to legalize poopdick "marriage" BY POPULAR VOTE
>fascist

lol

every fun car costs a bazillion euro a year to drive here unless you're an 80 year old woman in perfect health.

the poopdicking is a distraction from the real oppression.

I'd recommend the mr2 spyder.
It was my first car and I learned good driving habits, despite it being a sequential manual. It doesn't change gear for you unless you let it stop, then it will automatically shift to 1st, but otherwise you can hammer the gears and it wont stop you.

Alternatively, check out rx8s. In Straya insurance is dependant on the amount of doors and engine size. A 4 door 1.3L engine presents well, even if it has 200hp