/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing old or upcoming MMOs WITH POPULATIONS THAT ARE TOO SMALL TO SUSTAIN THEIR OWN GENERALS. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/0bwFTCkT

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/
mmos.com/gamelist

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Other upcoming crowdfunded MMOs
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation: ashesofcreation.com
Camelot Unchained: camelotunchained.com/
Crowfall: crowfall.com/
Pantheon: pantheonmmo.com/

>Link to the OP pasta
pastebin.com/0z6DVtTf

>Example of welcome games
Kritika, Trickster Online, Mabinogi, Ragnarok Online, Dungeon Fighter Online, Runescape, Project Gorgon, Maplestory, Wakfu, Dragon Nest, Rift, ArcheAge, EverQuest, Revelation Online, LOTRO, Vindictus, WildStar, Tibia, Aura Kingdom

>Example of non-welcome games
Güïld Wärs ÏÏ, Wörld öf Wärcräft, Krösmägä, Hëarthstönë, Gwënt, Shädöwvërsë, Dïäblö, Päth öf Ëxïlë, Wärfrämë, ÄRK, DÖTÄ, Lëägüë öf Lëgënds, Hëröës öf thë Störm, ët äl.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vz_hMPF0GWA
youtube.com/watch?v=O_cUhT-eqWI
youtube.com/watch?v=Uzk69wNrtoE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

third for female mages!

male charr musk

I want to play DFO lately
Should I?

It's alright. There's a level-up event going on now, log in and you get a free level 80.

refer to OP

finally have an mmo to play

nice op lol

Thanks! Just doing my part to help out while I wait for Kritika to leave closed beta.

BUILD THAT WALL AND MAKE THE GW2 WHALES PAY FOR IT

@Dead Fighter Online players
newbie here what character is the one that will allow me to go the fastest and is also decent at endgame?

Female Launcher for Anton
Female Crusader (when it's out) for Luke Raids, but we have neither F.Priest nor Luke Raid yet.

Most classes are fine except for Monk.

Really? I thought rogue grill was the fastest? I didn't mean as in content clearing fast but as in moving and hitting fast

Fast movement is Rogue, basically all Slayers, Battle Mage, Elven Knight, most Fighters (I recommend Nen Master), technically Female Ranger. You can only move as fast as you clear each room, though.

Like i posted in the last thread,
Any LOTRO PvPers or ex-raiders/pvmp players around at this time?

thanks for the rundown!

really enjoying PG, let me play you a tune

Any ele main playing here? Please add me.

what gaem?

Project Gorgon, it's pretty cool, open worldy kind of game.

>sub
nah
i'm poor

That song is stuck in my head.
You can play for free right now.

wow the game has advanced a lot graphically since I last played

wait it has a sub now?

come play oldschool runescape

It'll eventually be a sub, no thanks. I don't want to stop playing just because I'm poor.

childhood is idolizing ors
adulthood is realizing how garbage it is

buy to play, added benefits with sub when game is out of alpha, no idea what the benefits will be, until then im casually enjoying PG

its free to play until its out of alpha, i highly recommend it if you're into AC or old school mmos

It only idolized because sub-based mmo are too expensive for a kid. I bet if all these f2p were to release during your childhood, you would have play those instead and TERA would outright win because fanservice

>animal taming
>lycanthropy
>druid shapeshifting

jesus christ, this game sounds amazing.

What happened to Old Runescape? Why there is an actual Gay Pride Event there?

Are you guys fine?

Jokes on you my computer was too garbage to handle almost any modern F2P game back then.
>TFW downloading MapleStory with dial-up

Explanation of current events:
youtube.com/watch?v=vz_hMPF0GWA

its def enjoyable, currently playing as a bard/necro

>people getting ban/mute for speaking out the event
God I fucking hate this degenerate crap.

lmao edgelords salty.

>have to manually reset dungeons
This is fucking dumb. I lost a daily run because I forgot. Dungeons should always reset once you finish it and quit the instance.

>LOTRO
>PvP

y tho

>mod fagtron adds an event to OSRS to celebrate gay pride without a poll like every other thing OSRS has had
>some people feel like it's unfairly forcing an agenda and think it's in questionable taste otherwise
>12 year olds in body or soul coopt this idea to start a fucking hate rally and get banned for some mysterious reason

really activates my almonds

post more cutes

I heard Secret World is coming again for free, anyone haves more information about it?

user is CUTE!

anyone here playing bless online?

Bless Online isn't ever coming to NA.

Is that some EDEN ETERNAL?

look at the top left corner

Because it's challenging?
It's actually enjoyable to do 1v1 fights (Granted raiding is trash).
Also smaller community so easier to make friends because you know 'multiplayer online roleplaying game'.

I know for sure it is, it was meant more in an excitement kind of question, just forgot the exclamation point too.

Any GE eurocucks still playing?

Ah, I heard Freeps were massively OP compared to creeps so I always stayed away

Raiding and dungeons were great desu, now well, power creep especially with the talent system is pretty retarded

Uncharted Waters Online anyone?

When is the riot going to be held?

FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH
FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH
FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH FUCK DRUMPF FOR KILLING THE EARTH

Femsura a cute

Yeah when is Legends coming out?

>Pretty new at DFO
>Finish my 6 set on Sea God's Curse on my Eternal
>Water geyser procs everywhere all the time

refer to OP

>mmorpg
>turning into instance based
What a waste. The new game looks much better but if it's going to instanced based nonsense then fuck it.

>Always mouse face and weird uguu sliders
>always

mouse face is to ratfags as lynx face is to catfags. also this is probably a false flag, and if it's not, knock it off you spastic bogan

Yeah the new raid they released last year was spot on, still challenging. Apparently new raid coming out with Mordor too.
Balance in PvP has always been an issue but it's literally a case of 'git gud' and learn your skills/rotations. LOTRO has a very casual playerbase so when people that are good at MMOs come in on PvP they wipe the flaw with those that don't spend the time learning their class.
You get the idea.

Bubsy is a treasure

Mesmers are 10/10

is it worth going back to maplestory during the summer update?

youtube.com/watch?v=O_cUhT-eqWI

good shit

Is lotro comfy?

honestly I'm just going to wait for the sequel, play niche games like LaTale, Spiral Knights, Dragon Nest and such in the meantime.

didn't the sequel turn out to be shit though?
is nexon even still supporting it with new content?

Pretty comfy user.
The music and world are really well put together.
Plenty of RP in LOTRO, if that's your thing.

I'm gonna look further into the game, thanks user

weirdly enough, I didn't think so. Sucks though, they had the potential for the comfiest fucking MMO ever with that setting and they blew it.

The Shire couldn't even hold my interest. The fucking SHIRE.

Are the spiral knights servers still laggy as shit?

whats a nice f2p mmo with open-world pvp?

When I played some midlife crisis grognards berated me for not coming up with a good background for my character within an hour of starting.

How big is the install size? I've been thinking about giving PG a whirl but I can't seem to find info on this.

not him but like everything else it depends on how close you are to their servers
it's not worth it anyway since they fucking ruined the game with the new crafting system

>t's not worth it anyway since they fucking ruined the game with the new crafting system
Can you elaborate? I probably quit before that happened since I don't remember anything about it.
What's wrong with the new crafting system?

Which MMO has the most dedicated, hardcore end game community?

TERA :^)

hard core in what? PvP? PvE?

CoH private server when?

tera open world pvp died when they made it 65 only

tequila

How dead is Maplestory GMS right now. Is endgame still spending $100000 to max out your 2m~2m range and just doing root abyss and shit

Reboot is still populated with bots.

How about Mortal Online?

Is Demonic Lancer really as bad as I've heard?

If you play Skirmisher, forget about raids and go to PvP.

>I literally just advanced into a skirmisher

rip in piece

Not him but I hear mortal online has corrupt GM issues. Also I hated that it only has 1st person view for a melee game.

Star Trek Online:

Any advice for someone getting started from fresh would be greatly appreciated.

It's been a while, but I think you can class change once for free before level 40 from the Skill menu, check the top right. The other lancer isn't super popular but it has better AoE and burst damage instead of being the fast annoying juggle mosquito.

Mmm...Yes and no.

The quests are just a little too dull I think. Never really did work for me, and the microtransaction bullshit keeps me from really melting into it.

That said the whole game is pretty much a relaxed experience with grind out the ass so if you like grind and travel it's not bad.

I dunno what didn't do it for you in the Shire? The pie and letter delivery quests? There's literally no better place to relax than in your shire house

youtube.com/watch?v=Uzk69wNrtoE

you can class change any amount of times before 50, but only the first one's free. It costs gold for subsequent class changes

How come there are no MMOs that let you play as a raid boss? Then you can fight vs a guild raid on the opposing faction or something

6.5 gigs

I've seen that done in certain RvR MMOs, but those were closer to shooty games like PlanetSide, not really RPGs.

Fantasy earth zero. Too bad that game bombed in the western world. It was fun as fuck.