>3 days ago
>starts acting up
>apply same fluid
>driving home today
>feel it starts locking up on me
>to make a 90 degree turn I had to back up and lots of honking
>wheel locked and I could not turn at all
>tfw other drivers think I'm retarded

What do now? Is something broken? Try a different brand?

If your power steering is not assisting you should still have steering, albeit heavy. The steering rack is probably dickered m8

The steering fluid worked great initially. They it felt tight again so I applied some more 3 days ago. This afternoon driving home I left the parking lot fine. On the highway I felt it tightening. Making the only 90 degree turn I need to completely crapped out on me.

So basically the fluid works initially and instantly.

Yeah dude time to take it to a shop before you kill somebody. Sounds like your steering rack is really fucked up, or possibly somebody jammed something in the U-joint in your steering linkage or some other bizarre thing.

Exactly my thoughts. Gonna work tomorrow and see how it runs. But gotta make time for the mechanic. I don't want to cause an accident or worse just because of my negligence.

Please keep us updated, user. I've started to experience similar symptoms and suspect it's my steering rack, too.

Okay hold the fuck up. What do you mean by "applied"

You don't APPLY power steering fluid. I swear to god if you put the fluid anywhere but in the container that holds the fluid.

The fluid for power steering normally does not need to be topped-off.

That you were losing quite a bit of it should be a sign that there is a leak somewhere in that system.

When you suspect a leak, go under the car and look for what's leaking. If it's too dirty to tell, clean off the surfaces and check again.

In particular for power steering, you can clean those parts off, add in fluid, and then turn the wheel from right lock to left lock and give it a few minutes and find the leak.

It started out really suttle.

Then when I need to leave I live in a dead end so daily u turn. A god damn orca noise as I gently pressed the gas with the wheels turned. No noise when I go straight.

Pls no bully
I added some to the MAX LINE of the POWER STEERING FLUID container. I'm bad with cars, not illiterate.

Gonnna get under there and feel around no homo

>no homo
I think you might find that you like it ;)

>I'll suck your dick
No homo

You shouldnt need to be adding fluid in the first place.
You have a leak. It should be obvious where it's at if you're losing fluid that fast.
Hell you could probably post a pic of you engine bay and you'd see it.

I looked around and didnt see anything initially

Is it leaving spots on the driveway? If it's losing fluid, that fluid has to be going somewhere.

Also meant to ask, some of the steering fluids at the store say "designed to stop leaks". are they really effective of just a temporary fix?

Odd that I didn't see anything on the driveway, i backed up this morning and didnt see anything. It was on my drive home that it was a major headache.

>when the captcha is 'select the signs' of your town's exit on the parkway

FBI PLS NO BULLY

Never fall for that trick. Those sorts of things are crutches to keep your busted out shitbox going until you're not nigger level poor and get it fixed or replaced.

>tfw wagecuck

i gotta save up a bit. no idea how hard the mechanic will rape me

Estimates are free. Once you get a diagnosis you can sleep easier knowing how much of a death trap you're driving and what it might cost you.

>Those sorts of things are crutches

Depending on what you use where (i.e. coolant stop leak), it will do worse than temporarily fix the problem. These types of products can gum up lines and create larger headaches than fixing the original problem.

A mechanic will charge you 0.5 - 1.0 hours just to troubleshoot and diagnose the potential problems. Then he'll propose possible solutions and outline their prices and feasability, usually starting with the cheapest fix.

No mechanic will spend their time diagnosing your vehicles' woes for free, unless you know them very well.

I guess it's different where you live. The one time I had a really perplexing problem, they called me and told me they didn't know what was wrong and asked if I'd like to pay them to try to figure it out.