Who else likes 3800 powered cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cYgbtoalzjQ?t=14
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_V8_engine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

those are solid engines.

Don't get much lover anyomore. A lot of people consider it one of the best v6's of all time.

That super charged version is sweet.

Yes, love me some long geared slushbox Commodore action.

And yes it's one of the best loved veesicks of all time cos they'll go well into the 3 and 400 thousand kilometres. (Providing old mate before didn't rip skids in it every day.)

>pic related, it's my granddads Olympic Edition VT Commodore.

What fucking language is this written in?

Did the 3800 ever come in a GOOD car?

The 3800 makes cars bad with itis shittiness.
>It's not shitty!
There's a difference between reliability, and good design. The 3800 is reliable. It's also a shit design from the 1960s.

Australian.

series 3 was shit
coolant kept disappearing and car would randomly go into limp mode.

I like mine, it's the NA version in a 4th gen Firebird. It's easy to work on, gets good gas mileage, but fug it's a grandma motor in a heavy car. Replace the intake manifold gasket in series II versions and you'll have a 300-400k engine.

Whats it like being a stupid piece of shit?

>Implying an engine that has decades of tweaking and development is a bad thing

You faggots know nothing.

I get a massive erection from these cars. Friend if mine had a t-type in highschool and i got to drive it a couple of times. Ive been on the hunt for one since.

I like the engine, but not the cars they go in.

I still like my 3800 shitbox. Almost fast, ish, kinda handles, sometimes, and no rust (when I got it). It's served me well, but the body is getting there. Maybe I pull the 3800 when the body is done and do something stupid, but probably not.
But I'm with you OP. The engine is the one thing in this car that hasn't let me down.

bogan, ya cunt

While these engines were predecessors to the 3800, they are not the 3800. many things differ, including piston and Rod design.

I wish us burgers got decent RWD cars with a 3800. Catfish fbodys don't count because they're uggo.

Shut up you autistic spastic cunt. The same fucking design dates back to the early 60s. And is essentially a rover V8 with two cylinders lopped off. Of course there are going to be changes when an engine goes from 1961 to 2008.

>And is essentially a rover V8
If that were true it'd be a steaming heap of shit

Of course it did.
All 96-2002 by camaro came with the 3800 series 2 motor. I get 5.5 0-60 stock and reach 80 in 2nd gear.

3800 powered '95 camaro reporting

>tfw 4.10 gears and a posi = assblasted FIVE OHHHHHHS

I want to turbo mine but 2poor

>Catfish fbodys don't count because they're uggo.
3800 came in california 95 camaros and all base model camaros came with a 3800 between 96-97 which are pre catfish facelift.

anything 98 and later is catfish

>this thread

youtu.be/cYgbtoalzjQ?t=14
they're fun little things man

And any v6 pre 98 isn't worth having simply because no tubular headers, 3 bolt shock mounts instead of 4 bolt, and various other inferiorities.

but let's be honest we're making 200hp flat no matter how many bolts

Can't argue dat

I've read that the internals on the 3800s are good to like 400-450hp, so there's that at least.

Meanwhile my mechanic tells me "Yeah it sounds like your bearing racers are a little tired" when I know it's just a blown exhaust manifold causing a small exhaust leak on my no 3 cylinder

>TFW I'm a 3400 enginelet

What the fuck education do you little faggots get when it comes to car engineering that you would make this statement with any kind of authority or acting as if reality backs it up?

I want to know because I couldn't imagine being this fucking inept at automotive design and engineering.

pic related has to be my favorite. heavy as fuck but that 3800 series II fucking gets it.

It is true. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_V8_engine

The Rover V8 was essentially the same engine that would lead to the first buick V6 two years after the 215's finalization in '60. Granted the Rover V8 and the Buick V8 (and V6) diverged and by the point we get to the 3800s people talk about today there's some differences, but the common ancestry of the original buick V8 is there.