/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

The titlekey website has moved:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
-Luma 8.0 introduces many NTR-like features such as screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
↳This Luma update requires boot9strap 1.2. See guide for details updating new or existing installations. 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
-Recent bans singled out hacked consoles, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, YouTube, Hulu Netflix, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans.
↳You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned, but be aware it could get banned at any moment. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i
-SigHax and boot9strap introduce a full arm9loaderhax replacement. The guide has been updated and no longer requires a 2.1 downgrade.

>Vita
-Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-New HENkaku release. henkaku.xyz/changes/
-Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
-Workaround allows for updating games without the latest firmware. se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-bypass-the-4-70-update-and-play-online.1648671/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-guide.b4k.co/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboothax)
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v7.0.5/Luma3DSv7.0.5.7z
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/download/20170607/Decrypt9WIP-20170607-104551.zip
discordapp.com/invite/MWxPgEp
gbatemp.net/threads/release-kit-kat-the-ultimate-3ds-toolkit-pc-client.453015/)
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Quality OP

For the NTR streaming, I'm on 11.4 with NTR 3.5, am I supposed to use the old NTR Viewer (preview 2) from 3.4 or is there something newer?

Luma is garbage.

So the Autistic Tranny sold us out?

So that's why they called it AuReiNand.

The tranny did indeed sell us out. With garbage code.

Trying to revive a dead 3DS here.
>Died because I started Monster Hunter Gen before the SD card's home menu stuff fully loaded, the game didn't start so I hard crashed the system
>When I turn it on only the blue power light comes on, nothing else. No backlight, no 3D, no wifi, nothing else.

Things I've tried
>different SD card
>removing the game
>recovery mode inputs
>closing it to try and stimulate sleep mode
>draining the battery
>smacking it
I cannot open it because the inner screws are near impossible to loosen even with my tiny screwdriver. I know it's on the screw's end because I managed to get two of them out. They are inconsistent and now they're stripped to high hell.
I want to revive this sucker but I'm out of options

Please save my son he's only 6 years old.

you should have one from when you first hacked it if you don't you can try 3ds-guide.b4k.co/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

Remember. Memeposting means you must return from whence you came.
If you post a meme you need to delete yourpost and return to regardless of your opinion.

New cakefw soon? B9s with cakes would be so comfy.

Give me HANS back too.

I dunno, but apparently you can downgrade to b9s 1.0 if you really want.

wait for ntrboothax if you can't load decrypt9/hourglass9/godmode9

What the fuck is going on here?

I'm holding start but my 3DS starts up in Godmode9 automatically. I can't access chainloader to install B9S.

You forgot to put the dates in the OP.

What does that have to do anything and how would that help?

3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboothax)

it will be able to restore any brick

It automatically boots into a payload if there's only one. Are you sure you put the safeb9s installer in the luma payloads folder?

Nigga I can't even get a backlight on, it's not going to recognize any kind of sleep mode.

should still fix it as long as no hardware damage

I just double checked the guide I was reading. The nigger who wrote it said "SafeB9SInstaller.bin" and not ".firm"

That's my concern though, that it is hardware damage as MHG is one of those ram fuckery games.
I might as well just get a new 3DS I suppose.

so you already tried launching godmode9 or decrypt9 on boot?

How do I go about that? I hacked my system with soundhax, following the guide to a T. Would that even be in my 'arsenal'?

installer is when moving up from a9lh
firm is when updating

I don't see how, you sure both the sd cards you used are not dead?

you're on arm9loaderhax right?

hold select or start on boot

The SD card loads it's contents fine on my laptop so I figure so. Even then I'm launching it without. Would that affect the godmode boot?

>game patching works
>you just need the orinal patch files
>not all romfs.bin or .romfs files can get ripped with the basic ctrtool command
>good luck finding a download link that isn't dead by now for all your old shit
>hans is broken
>ntr is ntr
Fuck off and burn with your garbage Aurora.

show us your luma payloads folder on your SD

Where's that again? All I have on the root is "lumaupdater.log"

That's not very thorough testing, user. You need a program that will test it properly; in fact, there's one in the guide for this very purpose.

Is there any way to stream video from a New3DS while playing a DS game? I have everything fine for 3DS games, but I'm assuming it's a no-go since DS games are handled differently?

no

Whats your setup for streaming? Can you answer my question above?

>playing some MonHun yesterday evening
>get a couple of weird wi-fi errors but join a room
>helping some scrubs with Furious Rajang
>suddenly the music in-game stops
>a moment later the screen goes black and I get the "an error occurred turn off your 3DS blah blah blah" message
>turn it off, and try to turn on, but the blue LED just blinks and it doesn't boot
>reinsert SD and boot normally(?)
Is Nintendo trying to brick my 3DS remotely?

so you have nothing on your SD besides lumaupdater.log?

download this

put arm9loaderhax.bin on the root

make luma folder on root, make payloads folder inside luma folder

download: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/download/20170607/Decrypt9WIP-20170607-104551.zip

put Decrypt9WIP.bin inside payloads, rename to x_Decrypt9WIP.bin

put sd back in 3ds, hold select to boot luma menu, or X to boot Decrypt9

no just an sd problem, some user had the same problem few days ago with echoes

>cousin updates my 3DS cfw
>now my cfw won't boot up

His intentions were so kind but FUCK

I'll try this out. Will my SD card need anything more beyond what you want me to download? I have a backup folder of my 3DS from the time I hacked it.

Good. Now you'll have to actually update your CFW, lazy fucker.

no that is enough to boot if you have a9lh

you just don't have the CFW files on your sd for some reason

let me know what happens

Not lazy, I've just been out of the scene since Pokemon Sun/Moon. Was hoping to get Echoes but then this happens.

I've always been really bad at this and don't even know what I'm running anymore. I might just be shit out of luck for now

If you have arm9loaderhax.bin on your root, just replace it with Luma 7.0.5 and call it a day.

tried both inputs during startup, held for about 30 seconds each. No change.

I think I've already moved to Luma, but I've no idea what version. Could I still do what you said here and just drag and drop that bitch in and be good?

Does your screen flash when you turn on your 3DS? Or does it just quickly turn on? The former would mean you're using Menuhax and and latter would mean arm9loaderhax.

Either way Luma 7.0.5 is the last version to support whatever you're currently on.

your sd card is FAT32 right?

you should turn it on holding the buttons

It flashes red, green, yellow, blue, all that. I've got the 7.0.5 files here. Anything special I need to keep in mind when dragging it in or just go for it?

As far as I know you just need the boot.3dsx. If that alone doesn't work, try adding the arm9loaderhax.bin file to your root as well (even though you don't have it, Aurora might have made some weird dependency on it).

This nig is a fatty, and I was turning it on holding the inputs.

I mean I appreciate the help. I am being retarded. It just ain't working though.

Aurora is not a tranny nor does he have autism

Akshually, the files didn't have a boot.3dsx, only the arm9loaderhax.bin file. Might just throw all of the files onto the root and see what happens

Menuhax (the flashing colors) wouldn't work without one. Have fun.

Disregard that I suck cocks. It was hidden in a folder

You would have needed to update to play Echoes anyway

>try checking one of those .dmp files
What.

Botnet confirmed

I don't know maybe try asking the guide's discord
discordapp.com/invite/MWxPgEp
let them know when you did the guide so they know you have a9lh and you can't boot anything even with luma on the sd

or wait for ntrboothax, just hope it's not your sd card slot on your 3DS that's dead

I'm just gonna give up and accept it's dead jim.
I'll wait till I have some more cash and get one off Kijiji.

Did we ever really learn what was causing the bans or what to do about it?

>binary logs
>poettering is the one behind ruining luma like he is linux
He can't keep getting away with this!

Good news, my 3DS is alive once again. Now I just gotta fiddle around with updating the freeshop. Thank you user(s)

Buy an N2DS.

Who /notbanned/ here?

If you did a9lh around when soundhax came out you should have arm9loaderhax.bin on your NAND, and if it's not booting that it must be hard bricked

so ntrboothax/magnethax is your only hope, don't throw it out or anything

*buys 4th 3ds*
Me.

Sorry, had to bounce for a while. I use Kit-Kat (gbatemp.net/threads/release-kit-kat-the-ultimate-3ds-toolkit-pc-client.453015/) with NTR 3.5.

How should I move onto a new SD card in case this one continues acting up? Just copy and paste everything? I'm on b9s.

>downgrade to b9s 1.0 and luma 7.1
>everything Just Werks™ again

I'm never updating my shit ever again

yep

>he updated
>he isn't on "just werks not a brick emunand cakes with menuhax"
Bow down mortal.

TTSUO

>b9
>not a9lh
you can't brag, you're just as bad as 1.2/8 friends

>Deleted
3dsiso is love 3dsiso is life. Get fucked /emugen/.

1.2.1 and 7.1 is currently the best

Should I switch from a9lh to menuhax?

>friends
No, but setup EmuNAND.

Luma 7.0.5 - arm9loaderhax - firmware 9.6

This is the unbeatable triforce of autism. A more comfy configuration does not exist.

Should I switch from menuhax to MSET?

nah boot emunand through web browser

>9.6
>not 9.2
only halfway there

Should I switch from MSET to a superior PC?

9.6 is important for N3DS users, don't want to go back to cryptofixing games.

Should I switch from PC to console?

I said comfy. Having to cryptofix everything is not comfy, but autistic, certainly. My hat goes off to you.

Custin-that-updated-my-3DS user here with one last question. I'm trying to update my freeshop and I can't figure out what to do here, even though it seems really straight forward.

I've tried scanning the QR code on the page but it says it's invalid, then I tried inputting 3ds.titlekeys.gq/ into the auto update area, where it says invalid again. Am I retarded?

>I've tried scanning the QR code on the page

I don't believe you have. But check the pastebin.

Should I switch from a console to a real life?

Depends if that's your last resort for attracting a partner.

>still running a9lh on 11.2
First time turning my o3ds on in a couple months. I want to check if I was banned but when I go to the friends list it just tells me I don't have a mii and sends me back to the homescreen.

Is that a good sign I'm not banned? Do I have to make a god dam mii?

>Do I have to make a god dam mii?

What makes this a dumb question is it told you so.

mii maker duh

also update luma to this

Should I switch from a real life to death.

you scan the enctitlekey qr on the page you linked, delete the old link if its there

Nah. If that's how you feel about it, you should take advantage of having nothing to lose.

I can't. I'd get saved and then fined for being saved.
Or shot down for anything else to try.